PDA

View Full Version : How many still play on PS3, 360, and PC?

Colts87
12-15-2016, 01:26 PM
I'm sure everyone knows where I'm going with this. I believe the initial reason given as to why they did not port Defiance to the PS4 and Xbox One was because the install base was to small. That definitely can't be the reason now with more than 80 million combined PS4's and X1's in homes now. I know they moved some of the team to work on Trove (which is a fun game by the way if you have not tried it you should, I just started playing the open Beta on PS4), so is it now resources? Do they flat out don't want to do it for some other reason? (Only Trion can answer this question)

I believe if they moved this game to the PS4 and X1 not only would it gain additional popularity, but it will generate more than enough revenue for server maintenance and content.

I'm not sure how many are left that actually bought Defiance at launch (heck I even went to a midnight release at my local Game Stop) like I did, but Defiance and the Borderlands series were the games I missed the most when I moved to the PS4 in 2013. Defiance wasn't even free to play at that point.

We got Borderlands via The Handsome Collection, so when can we expect Defiance? We know there is going to be additional content released in 2017 via a post from Destromathe. Please give me your thoughts. Also, please let me know what platform you're playing on.

Calm like a Bomb
12-15-2016, 01:46 PM
We know there is going to be additional content released in 2017 via a post from Destromathe. Please give me your thoughts. Also, please let me know what platform you're playing on.

Hello Ark Hunters,

I wanted to take some time out of working on new fun and amazing content for you all, to wish you all happy holidays from the Defiance team- Destromathe.

I believe this additional "new fun and amazing content" Destromathe speaks of will be new bit box synergies and new weapons such as the bombardier smgs recently released, not nothing of any real substance. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!

Colts87
12-15-2016, 01:59 PM

I believe this additional "new fun and amazing content" Destromathe speaks of will be new bit box synergies and new weapons such as the bombardier smgs recently released, not nothing of any real substance. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just very interested in your answer to the question I'm about to ask. I've read a few of your comments and they all seem pretty negative and/or angry. If you you are so unhappy with how things are going with Defiance why do you continue to play? What platform are you playing on?

Fallen_Aingeal
12-15-2016, 02:00 PM

Agree with this.

The "new" content they talk about is generally reskinned/recycled content. Very RARELY is something "new" introduced in this game.

As for porting to PS4. I think it should happen. I understand, though, that Trion doesn't want to allocate resources to this title. Actions speak louder than words...

It is what it is...

Ronin9572
12-15-2016, 02:04 PM
I know a lot of players do not use the forums. But if you look at the need/want section it gives you some clue as to how active each system is. It wold be nice to believe Trion is working on a Defiance 2 for next gen secretly behind the scenes. But I gave up hope on that long ago. This game has way to many issues to port over imho.

Colts87
12-15-2016, 02:17 PM
Agree with this.

The "new" content they talk about is generally reskinned/recycled content. Very RARELY is something "new" introduced in this game.

As for porting to PS4. I think it should happen. I understand, though, that Trion doesn't want to allocate resources to this title. Actions speak louder than words...

It is what it is...

Hey Fallen, thanks for the response. I'm sure both of you are correct and the content is reskinned, but I do believe there is a market out there for people who have not played for a while or not at all that are new to the content and could find enjoyment. As stated above, I have not played since December 2013 and yes the game had issues (it seems like a lot of the same issues after reading some comments) but I greatly enjoyed my time in the world. Maybe if they open up the player base to the PS4 and X1 additional revenue will be generated and they will actually use it to expand and not reskin. I'm just trying throw ideas out there.

Bentu
12-15-2016, 02:24 PM
Yeah I'm not about to sink anymore of my money into another Trion game while they refuse to fix the one I want to play.

Colts87
12-15-2016, 02:42 PM
Yeah I'm not about to sink anymore of my money into another Trion game while they refuse to fix the one I want to play.

I can't argue with that statement at all, but the Trove open Beta is Free to Play. I personally have not spent any money and I'm not sure if I will, but it's still a fun little game. Bentu, what platform do you play on the most? What's the population? Thanks for the response.

Calm like a Bomb
12-15-2016, 02:52 PM
I'm not trying to be a jerk, just very interested in your answer to the question I'm about to ask. I've read a few of your comments and they all seem pretty negative and/or angry. If you you are so unhappy with how things are going with Defiance why do you continue to play? What platform are you playing on?
I play on the ps3 and the reason I still continue to play daily, to add, is because I'm a masochist. lol. No, in all seriousness I play because I truly do enjoy this game. I've often said " I hate to love this game". I see, the community sees, how incredibly great this game could be, there's so much potential, but to me it appears the player base cares more about this game then the developers. They only seem to care about pumping out new cash grabs in the form of new event synergy bit boxes and bundles and continue to not address the real problems and issues that are in dire need of repair.
Log on and play and I can guarantee you that the same problems that were there when you left still remain.
Now don't get me wrong, they have added a few additional features since you've been gone such as supreme weapons and updating the faction vendors ect.. but there's really not been anything substantive added to the game or any of the major problems fixed.
I also continue to play because of all the wonderful people I've met and run with...if it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't play.
...and fyi Trion has stated that they have no plans to bring Defiance to the next gen consoles. To me, that's a kick to the balls and a major opportunity missed.

Let me just sum it up by quoting a day 1 well respected veteran player

You know when you call your dog over and hit it, it gets hurt and upset but it will come back when you call it because it loves you and wants to believe you love it too but eventually it says enough is enough and even a faithful loyal hound will run away.

Colts87
12-15-2016, 03:03 PM
I play on the ps3 and the reason I still continue to play daily, to add, is because I'm a masochist. lol. No, in all seriousness I play because I truly do enjoy this game. I've often said " I hate to love this game". I see, the community sees, how incredibly great this game could be, there's so much potential, but to me it appears the player base cares more about this game then the developers. They only seem to care about pumping out new cash grabs in the form of new event synergy bit boxes and bundles and continue to not address the real problems and issues that are in dire need of repair.
Log on and play and I can guarantee you that the same problems that were there when you left still remain.
Now don't get me wrong, they have added a few additional features since you've been gone such as supreme weapons and updating the faction vendors ect.. but there's really not been anything substantive added to the game or any of the major problems fixed.
I also continue to play because of all the wonderful people I've met and run with...if it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't play.
...and fyi Trion has stated that they have no plans to bring Defiance to the next gen consoles. To me, that's a kick to the balls and a major opportunity missed.

Let me just sum it up by quoting a day 1 well respected veteran player

Everything you said makes 100% sense and thanks for the response. Also, I'm familiar with Bentu's recent comment. I agree with you that if they said definitively that Defiance will not be ported to X1 and PS4 its a massive missed opportunity. How's the population on PS3?

Calm like a Bomb
12-15-2016, 03:11 PM
Everything you said makes 100% sense and thanks for the response. Also, I'm familiar with Bentu's recent comment. I agree with you that if they said definitively that Defiance will not be ported to X1 and PS4 its a massive missed opportunity. How's the population on PS3?

From my point of view, the populations the largest I've seen. I feel that there has been a surge of new players. This could be due to the fact that there has been a new event released every month for the past 3/4 months...that's why alot of us see it as just a huge cash grab, probably trying to milk all the money they can out of us because they know it's days are numbered.

https://m.popkey.co/a5a556/zJmq7.gif

Colts87
12-15-2016, 03:15 PM
From my point of view, the populations the largest I've seen. I feel that there has been a surge of new players. This could be due to the fact that there has been a new event released every month for the past 3/4 months...that's why alot of us see it as just a huge cash grab, probably trying to milk all the money they can out of us because they know it's days are numbered.

https://m.popkey.co/a5a556/zJmq7.gif

LOL, gotcha. Thanks again.

Fallen_Aingeal
12-15-2016, 03:22 PM
Everything you said makes 100% sense and thanks for the response. Also, I'm familiar with Bentu's recent comment. I agree with you that if they said definitively that Defiance will not be ported to X1 and PS4 its a massive missed opportunity. How's the population on PS3?I have been an active member of the forum since Aug 2013. They have stated this more times than I care to count.

They have NEVER said it was even being considered.

Simply put; Defiance will NEVER see the next gen consoles according to every Trion staff member that has posted about it...

Sure, we can talk about how great the game could be if it happened. All the fantastic things this game could be. But, at the end of the day, all we'll ever have is the current game.

It is what it is. It won't be next gen...

LOOKxATxTHISxI
12-15-2016, 04:05 PM
I've played on PS3 since launch. Have had several friends who bought the game at launch still inquire about the game, if it came to PS4 several of them would get into it again. It baffles me that they have made some of the games they have after Defiance and devoted so much attention and resources to them and run this game with a skeleton crew. The game that gave us the 30 inventory slots was a punishment to play. Trove was brought to PS4 I just can't see the demand for that when minecraft exists. Mad Max is about the closest thing to Defiance on the PS4 but it falls short and lacks the social features.

By now nobody should expect issues that have plagued the game since launch to be fixed on current gen systems. It's not gonna happen. The original code and devs who programmed have been gone for years. There's only a handful of games that I have played for as long as this game so it has staying power but it really needs ported to next gen the age of the PS3/Xbox really show.

Get this port done Trion. I'll pay to carry over my gear too. If not let us migrate our gear over to the pc version.

Bentu
12-15-2016, 04:17 PM
I can't argue with that statement at all, but the Trove open Beta is Free to Play. I personally have not spent any money and I'm not sure if I will, but it's still a fun little game. Bentu, what platform do you play on the most? What's the population? Thanks for the response.

At the present time I hardly play at all but I have the most time in on my main xbx na toon.

There's no way of telling how many people are on at any specific time but obviously there's more while events are on and it also depends on the popularity of the event.

I've found the Halloween events to be the most popular but the last one was a bit lame but there was still quite a few guys on.

At the hight of a popular event I'd guess that there's a few hundred guys there or that's what it seemed like.

I remember the Death March kiwi attended and about halfway through I stopped and watched them go by and there really was far more people there going past than rendered in at Iron Demon Ranch.