PDA

View Full Version : Are there shortcuts to switch loadouts?

SonicBoom
04-07-2013, 01:47 PM
My setup is simple, yet effective: Sniper rifle to pick off enemies and pistol for self defense in loadout one, then a shotgun and assasult rifle as loadout two for charging in. But what's the fastest way to switch between these two loudouts? I can't find anything in Controls?

Faalagorn
04-07-2013, 01:54 PM
L + mouse click is the fastest one I guess, there seems not to be a keybing for it, at least not for now.

Swampster
04-07-2013, 01:55 PM
My setup is simple, yet effective: Sniper rifle to pick off enemies and pistol for self defense in loadout one, then a shotgun and assasult rifle as loadout two for charging in. But what's the fastest way to switch between these two loudouts? I can't find anything in Controls?

No it can't be done, The Devs didn't want that ability to insta switch because they felt it would make people OP... so you can switch, but there's a bit of a time penalty in doing so..

I suppose they could always add a delay to the loadout change even if they have direct access from the keyboard/controller... would solve that problem..

SonicBoom
04-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Haha, they don't want us to be overpowered? Guess that proves it's a Trion game. They do make great games, but they also make some very strange decisions. Switching loadouts on the run (even with a delay) is a no no as it makes us too powerful, but running over enemies in our cars is fine? Strange. Fun, but strange. :)

Woodruff1987
04-07-2013, 04:50 PM
No it can't be done, The Devs didn't want that ability to insta switch because they felt it would make people OP... so you can switch, but there's a bit of a time penalty in doing so..

I suppose they could always add a delay to the loadout change even if they have direct access from the keyboard/controller... would solve that problem..

THIS! Would make Loadout switching better. Let me do it with a keybind, but put a timer on it. (say 1.5 seconds? Sounds fair to me, and is about the fastest most people can pull up the loadout screen and click the number they want.)

They could even add some really cool EGO effect to switching out the loadout... something similar to Blur, but without the speed boost.

Zascha
04-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Honestly, they should make the loadout switch timer much longer. There should be about a 30 second cooldown on it.

Why? Well... why not? The only reason we really use them is for extra equipped weapon slots - maybe different PvP builds. But mostly for extra equipped weapon slots depending on if we want to be Long Range Nukes or Short Range Tanks, or some variation thereof. If Trion wanted us to have that feature - they would have just given us that feature. Giving us a 30 second cooldown is a good tradeoff.

For me, I don't really care about having an extended delay before being able to switch my loadout. What I care about is having to make a bunch of extra key-clicks and whatnot to do a very simple task. It's annoying. I already get annoyed by the over-encumbered Menu UI. This is just one more thing that bugs me.

SonicBoom
04-07-2013, 05:37 PM
They could disable it during combat, for all I care. It would let us quickly prepare for combat, but it won't change the balance too much. Or put a timer on it. That works too. I don't think 1.5 sec is enough, though. 10 sec would be better, or even 30. As it is now, I barely bother switching weapons, and when I do, I equip them instead. It's just as fast once you get used to it and know what weapon you want. Well, maybe two sec longer, but it's not all that much.

Elite_T91
04-07-2013, 05:48 PM
How would dat make us OP ... we can change it in 3 seconds, why arent we allowed to change it in 0.5 seconds. Its weird. Like someone else said, Set up a timer if you think its op.

daeme
04-07-2013, 05:52 PM
I'd rather be able to just press a key. They could make changing loadouts have a 3 second cast time as if you were interacting with an object or something. Make it so you can only do it out of combat or that in combat there's a 30 second cooldown between changes or something.

jetblack49
04-07-2013, 10:46 PM
I also want to see key binds for loadout swapping. If I run out of ammo on a weapon type it's nice to swap to another loadout so I don't get as handed to me. I would be happy with a delay or a timer while in combat just to see this become a reality.

WarMachine
04-07-2013, 11:45 PM
How would dat make us OP ... we can change it in 3 seconds, why arent we allowed to change it in 0.5 seconds. Its weird. Like someone else said, Set up a timer if you think its op.

That's 3 seconds your completely blind. But that's the trade off, .5 seconds would just mean the loadouts are extra equipment slots.

Necro Vonliege
04-08-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm still very new, as are a lot of us. It looks like we are going to be given quite a few Loadout slots as we progress.
The reason I'm here trying to figure this is that I made a second character to be a sniper type. Well once combat starts my sniper rifle isn't very good. I know I have a secondary but I wanted to make 2 sets, one for distance and when that distance is gone I would like to be able to hit a button to swap out to my close quarters set. I know I know, we can argue about the why's and why not's all day. I just hadn't seen any post on this for the reasons I was looking. Thought it might make a good point.
Happy Hunting

demonichatered
04-08-2013, 10:49 AM
or plug in a 360 controller into yout PC press start then hit Y depending how many loadouts you have open it takes me like .5 - 1 secodn to get from loadout 1 to loadout 3

SonicBoom
04-08-2013, 01:38 PM
or plug in a 360 controller into yout PC press start then hit Y depending how many loadouts you have open it takes me like .5 - 1 secodn to get from loadout 1 to loadout 3First of all, I don't have an XB360-controller, and if I wanted to play on console, I'd get the PS3-version anyway. Second, the chat is dead already, so encouraging people to ruin it even more by telling us to get a controller isn't quite the best idea I've heard. And third, I enjoy playing with my mouse and keyboard. It makes me able to aim a lot faster and a lot more accurate, and I enjoy it far more than a gamepad anyway.

But anyway, I'm not all that worried about how long it takes to swap weapons. All I want is to be able to use a sniper rifle to attack from a distance, then charge in with shotgun and uzi when the enemies comes too close. I can work around it by using a sniper rifle and shotgun or uzi, so being able to switch loadouts on the run is just a big bonus. Kinda like clothes. So far I've only seen a few new outits, and they are all solds in the cash store. They don't even sell seperate pieces, like jackets or pants. I really miss that stuff, but it's not critical or anything. Yet. :)

Edit: Just got this PM from someone called morevit:

"I made a keyboard macro to rotate layouts. 'l' 'uparrow' 'uparrow' 'rightarrow' 'l' will rotate you to the next layout IF your primary weapon is selected. Please don't repeat this on the forums as it's sure to get this behavior nerfed."

Is this legit or a hack? Dunno, you tell me.

Choppanob
04-08-2013, 05:03 PM

"I made a keyboard macro to rotate layouts. 'l' 'uparrow' 'uparrow' 'rightarrow' 'l' will rotate you to the next layout IF your primary weapon is selected. Please don't repeat this on the forums as it's sure to get this behavior nerfed."

I think he is using a keybord like the Logitech G series with macro keys. you can record keystrokes to one button then.
so instead of pushing al those buttons your self you only need to press one key for it after its recorded.

SonicBoom
04-08-2013, 05:13 PM
That would be very useful if I had a keyboard like that, but it doesn't explain why he's worried I'd spread it on the forum. How can they nerf it if it's client side?

Ley
04-08-2013, 05:15 PM

So he 1) goes out of his way to help you, 2) expressly asks you not to repeat it in the forum. And what you do? You repeat it on the forum - and as a bonus, you name him. In bold. *BONK*

I'm pretty sure you'd make a lovely neighbor back in 1940s... a very popular one, especially with Gestapo. ;)

SonicBoom
04-08-2013, 05:20 PM
If it was entirely legal what he's doing, he wouldn't be worried about me spreading it on the forum. If it isn't legal, I don't want his advice to begin with. Maybe I'm weird, but I want a hack-free game.

KetaOshi
04-08-2013, 05:56 PM
I use a Logitech G700 mouse and made 2 macros. The first one changes loadouts upwards (1 to 6) and the second do it downwards (6 to 1) . Iīve put the macros on my sidescroll (middlemouse left&right).

Loadout up:[L(80ms)L]+[300ms]+[W(80ms)W]+[300ms]+[W(80ms)W]+[300ms]+[W(80ms)W]+[300ms]+[D(80ms)D]+[300ms]+[L(80ms)L]

Loadout down: [L(80ms)L]+[300ms]+[W(80ms)W]+[300ms]+[W(80ms)W]+[300ms]+[W(80ms)W]+[300ms]+[A(80ms)A]+[300ms]+[L(80ms)L]

Explanation: [L(80ms)L]= [push L button for( 80ms ) then release L button]
(((my macroeditor show this as [(down arrow L) (smiley 80ms) up arrow L)])))

[300ms]= [wait 300ms then:]
(((my macroeditor show this as [Smiley300ms])))

What the macros really does is open up the loadout-menu (L), then go up in the menu using W (up)(first time to co-op tab and the second time to loadout-tab) then A or D (left or right depending on macro) and finally L button to get back in game.

Note: In the macro I had to put in an extra W-keystroke. Because when you hit L your "startpoint" in the menu are gonna be either the first or second weapon slot (depends on where the weapon you use is slotted) and everytime I was using second weapon the macro didnīt work. Since pushing W an extra time donīt screw with the macro the easiest fix was adding a extra W keystroke in the macro.

The time it takes this macro to change a loadout is actually a little bit slower than if I do it manually by hitting the keys (itīs still pretty fast but I can still do it quicker manually if I had to). I did this macro because I wanted to have 1 sniper loadout and 1 close combat loadout and Iīm a lazy s.o.b.

Shismar
04-08-2013, 06:03 PM

I have been following the game for some time but I do not remember any such statement from the developers. To me this is just player speculation.

A way to select loadouts quick has been requested many, many times. It would make the horrible UI just a very tiny bit better.

demonichatered
04-08-2013, 06:05 PM
First of all, I don't have an XB360-controller, and if I wanted to play on console, I'd get the PS3-version anyway. Second, the chat is dead already, so encouraging people to ruin it even more by telling us to get a controller isn't quite the best idea I've heard. And third, I enjoy playing with my mouse and keyboard. It makes me able to aim a lot faster and a lot more accurate, and I enjoy it far more than a gamepad anyway.

But anyway, I'm not all that worried about how long it takes to swap weapons. All I want is to be able to use a sniper rifle to attack from a distance, then charge in with shotgun and uzi when the enemies comes too close. I can work around it by using a sniper rifle and shotgun or uzi, so being able to switch loadouts on the run is just a big bonus. Kinda like clothes. So far I've only seen a few new outits, and they are all solds in the cash store. They don't even sell seperate pieces, like jackets or pants. I really miss that stuff, but it's not critical or anything. Yet. :)

hey bud i don't knwo if you meant it that way but it felt like you were attackign me for makign a suggestion. im sorry if you felt i was being a jerk as well i just know it is alot faster and easier for me. plus i sill chat in game with the KB so it doesn't really bother me im not playing on a console and i don't feel like i am when using a 360 controller.

once again im sorry if you felt i was being snarky.

equi
04-08-2013, 06:11 PM
If we have as a player base issues with the current system or switch out. I feel its not bad, and not good. Its the good medium. Basically u need to be active to switch, kinda makes bots not good to farm, well in my opinion. I know its possible to create a program to farm. but with switch outs. macros win with active members, cause if u have any sense of intelligence, you will do so.

But trion will trac down the pattern programs, so in the end it gains nothing really in real terms

Edit if u hve the skill u can macro consoles. I speak from experience.

SonicBoom
04-08-2013, 06:33 PM
hey bud i don't knwo if you meant it that way but it felt like you were attackign me for makign a suggestion. im sorry if you felt i was being a jerk as well i just know it is alot faster and easier for me. plus i sill chat in game with the KB so it doesn't really bother me im not playing on a console and i don't feel like i am when using a 360 controller.

once again im sorry if you felt i was being snarky.Um... did I miss something here? It's fully possible to give negative feedback without being angry. Not everyone is out to "get" you, even on a forum like this. ;)

demonichatered
04-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Um... did I miss something here? It's fully possible to give negative feedback without being angry. Not everyone is out to "get" you, even on a forum like this. ;)

sorry man chalk it up to paranoia due to the fact that i see alot of people attackign each other on these forums i was just meaning the first paragraph felt like it was directed toward me for using a controller on my pc. no prob man hey you want to hook up online later? my character is noriginia. yes i play a female.

GrayGhost79
04-09-2013, 08:18 AM
They could disable it during combat, for all I care. It would let us quickly prepare for combat, but it won't change the balance too much. Or put a timer on it. That works too. I don't think 1.5 sec is enough, though. 10 sec would be better, or even 30. As it is now, I barely bother switching weapons, and when I do, I equip them instead. It's just as fast once you get used to it and know what weapon you want. Well, maybe two sec longer, but it's not all that much.

If I couldn't switch loadouts during combat I'd quit playing lol. I use the extra loadouts for different weapons because of ammo issues. Without the extra weapons and ammo Arkfalls would be a massive pain in the arse "I'll be back guys, got to go get more ammo... again...".