PDA

View Full Version : "Cupcaking" Curiosity

Johnny Dbag
12-16-2016, 10:30 AM
What is the lowest pursuit rating you have seen on a 6k ego player? I saw a 6k the other day at 930, kinda funny, just curious.

Lake Superior
12-16-2016, 10:35 AM
My first one to 6k has just over 1k...
Willing to bet that a Patron player could have a very low Pursuit rating; but they'd still have to do some to get cap.

Ronin9572
12-16-2016, 11:20 AM
1050 has been the lowest 6ke I've seen, but I don't really look most of the time. Funny thing was this same person didn't know where Headlands was and than after they bought the recoil dampner I was selling in zone proceeded to call me ever name in the book saying that I said it was a AR stock and demanded their scrip back or they were reporting me to Trion. Lmao

Johnny Dbag
12-16-2016, 11:52 AM
Lol Ronin, exactly the point of this post

Moskyrath
12-16-2016, 12:39 PM
I remember seeing that happen to Ronin. Made me really question players for a few days.

starlord
12-16-2016, 12:49 PM
This makes me mad. I wasted so many hours doing all the pursuits, even bought al the DLCs for the sole purpose of getting to 6k. Reaching 6k used to mean that you've pretty much completed the game. Now any noob can reach 6k. Makes me want to stop spending money on this game. Wouldn't be surprised if they removed pursuits completely to make the f2p newbies happy.

r1p
12-16-2016, 01:21 PM
Pursuit scores are just about worthless because all it means is that someone was able to complete a task. Just because someone was able to check off a box doesn't automatically mean that they learned anything from doing it. I have met numerous 6K ego players that have high pursuit scores, including some who have been playing since the beginning, that don't know things that they really should know. People are either going to learn things or they won't but pursuit score has nothing to do with it.

Moring
12-16-2016, 02:58 PM
Pursuit scores are just about worthless because all it means is that someone was able to complete a task. Just because someone was able to check off a box doesn't automatically mean that they learned anything from doing it. I have met numerous 6K ego players that have high pursuit scores, including some who have been playing since the beginning, that don't know things that they really should know. People are either going to learn things or they won't but pursuit score has nothing to do with it.

this^^
having platinum on races does not teach you not to use bmg in WM room

Johnny Dbag
12-16-2016, 03:14 PM
Yeah, i agree that completing pursuits does not accurately indicate a players knowledge of the game, but it does show a bit of commitment to the game instead of spamming bmgs or neanderthal button mashing.

Hate
12-16-2016, 04:23 PM
Pursuit rating does mean you have knowledge of the game it means you done just about everything if not everything .6k ego noobs are everywhere but high pursuit egos are few ,trion dumbed down the game for those who cant or just to lazy .Bah humbug

Lamar Kendrick
12-16-2016, 05:45 PM
lowest i've seen was 700. new system makes the players lazy af

Lycan Nightshade
12-16-2016, 11:37 PM
I've never really looked honestly. Doesn't matter much anymore what a persons ego is let alone the pursuit rating.

Bentu
12-17-2016, 12:29 AM
I have been looking and said as much in another thread recently but I'd not seen them as low as some of these.

Triggered
12-17-2016, 12:47 AM
Mine is extremely low. I want to say sub 700. I leveled mostly from events.

Edit: LOL I just checked and I have a 690 rating. XD

stoodakiss
12-17-2016, 01:01 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/IFZhR4OplXwzK/giphy.gif

MataC
12-17-2016, 06:46 AM
Cupcaking? Is that Firefall sleng? :)

Triggered
12-17-2016, 09:18 PM

I think it comes from Wildstar. Also coincidentally if you curse in a thread on their forums your expletive is replaced by this. :D

MataC
12-19-2016, 06:43 AM
I think it comes from Wildstar. Also coincidentally if you curse in a thread on their forums your expletive is replaced by this. :D

Hmm, well, I've been playing Firefall from open beta (not anymore) and there's an NPC which constantly calls you cupcake in the mission chain, so it became the game forum slang, don't know about Wildstar...

r1p
12-19-2016, 08:11 AM
Yeah, i agree that completing pursuits does not accurately indicate a players knowledge of the game, but it does show a bit of commitment to the game instead of spamming bmgs or neanderthal button mashing.

I've got a bit of news for you: most of the people spamming BMGs at ark falls are 6k ego vets with high pursuit scores who are farming ark forge. They use a rubber band or piece of tape to hold down the trigger for healing and then switch over to watching TV or playing games on their phones.

PithHelmetIrath
12-19-2016, 10:29 AM

I was thinking that it maybe had something to do with cat fishing..??

Lake Superior
12-19-2016, 03:03 PM
I think it comes from Wildstar. :D
Nope. It's another Twitter term that has bled into gaming vernacular.