PDA

View Full Version : Races...too strenuous

KingGladiator88
04-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Time trials are officially the bane of my existance.
You have:
Crappy vehicle handling means that your ATV will spin off at the slightest bump sometimes because you lightly, and i mean like gained an inch of air

Bumpy courses and some WITH ROCKS AND PLANTS IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR PATHS

Gold times where you have to be near perfect without a single crash

Miss a single ring by a foot (which is extremely easy to do since the handing on bumpy roads and small ring size) and youre toast for the entire race

Every race ive done ive gotten gold by the skin of my teeth with milliseconds to spare. This isnt a racing game, stop expecting everyone to be great at Project Gotham and Grand Turismo

Tho Radia
04-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Level up with the ATV some, it will give you a general speed boost.

Andross
04-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Just keep trying, a few of us managed to do it, remember, when you cut corners, turn without pressing the gas, and use turbo to cut that corner. Also you should be using turbo a good percentage of the race, never runs out sometimes

xxTactics42xx
04-07-2013, 01:57 PM
It is not super easy but that is the point I did all 14 in a row to get my black challenger it took exactly 3.5 hours without stopping

MASTA SUSHII
04-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Time trials are officially the bane of my existance.
You have:
Crappy vehicle handling means that your ATV will spin off at the slightest bump sometimes because you lightly, and i mean like gained an inch of air

Bumpy courses and some WITH ROCKS AND PLANTS IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR PATHS

Gold times where you have to be near perfect without a single crash

Miss a single ring by a foot (which is extremely easy to do since the handing on bumpy roads and small ring size) and youre toast for the entire race

Every race ive done ive gotten gold by the skin of my teeth with milliseconds to spare. This isnt a racing game, stop expecting everyone to be great at Project Gotham and Grand Turismo

I feel your pain, but do what I do only ruin your life with a few time trials a day. Or else you will lose your mind.

Yuki_k
04-07-2013, 02:29 PM
If you're already complaining about rocks, I want to see your reaction if your quad is getting destroyed by a hellbug monarch right before the last circle. Damn random events!

Hiero Glyph
04-07-2013, 02:48 PM
You should try racing when the servers are lagging, it's even worse as your inputs are delayed.

The Tinka
04-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Turbo? Which button is turbo?

Yuki_k
04-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Button a for boost(holding the button) ^^ Have you succesfully finished a time race yet? You would have been incredibly skilled if you had managed to do it without boost ^^ I think it's impossible though.
Just btw: button b is powerslide/drift

Combat Colin
04-07-2013, 03:01 PM
If you're already complaining about rocks, I want to see your reaction if your quad is getting destroyed by a hellbug monarch right before the last circle. Damn random events!

Oh ouch! I probably rage quit if that happened to me, LOL.

On topic: Yeah the gold times are mental, but people seem to be coping. So i say let the good drivers have their glory, while chuds like me gaze in envy at their Black Dodge Challengers....

RAYNE Mois
04-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Couldn't agree more. Maybe just give a little more time for gold and it wouldn't be so bad, but I have literally never golded a race with more than 1 second to spare.

starlitegirlx
04-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Driving these vehicles is like trying to drive a boulder. It's the bane of my existence as well. You can barely maneuver the thing. Granted, I wasn't expecting Forza Motorsport level of maneuvering but hell, even mass effect 1 had better handing with the mako than these vehicles do. At bare minimum, you should be able to maneuver it just enough to not smash into guard rails or be able to make turns on the road. I have to keep jumping off then running to a new spot and getting my vehicle there because there is very little control. If it's a key part of the game and especially for missions, you should be able to maneuver it better than driving something with no steering ability to speak of.

The Tinka
04-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Managed to get a silver on the first track but not done any others yet. Didn't know about turbo for some reason but by the sounds of what you're saying I'm gonna need it.

Orge Lambart
04-07-2013, 04:32 PM
not a big fan of races, glad they only require silver to get the pursuits done. if it was gold on all of them... jeez

Deth3327
04-07-2013, 04:37 PM
I despise them as well. I cant even get silver on most.

xxTactics42xx
04-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Just a tip for all those trying this it seemed to help me by making sure to not waste my boost while in the air, but it does help a ton to start boosting before you hit the ground so you don't slow down as much on impact.

Thedjectivenoun
04-07-2013, 04:39 PM
does the level actually function. It seems with the ATV it still feels clunky. I'm at 11 on my ATV roller and can't never get gold and rarely get silver.

Kyro
04-07-2013, 04:55 PM
All you have to do is concentrate and to not do any unnecessary movements. You have to work for it and overcome the bull moments like everyone else. So yeah it's not skill, it's concentration. >.>

AGuyWithNoName
04-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Just btw: button b is powerslide/drift

So last night I spent some time messing around on my ATV. Spent 15 minutes doing doughnuts (yup...just doughnuts) and trying to clear that huge terrafromed root off the one ramp that is near the outpost on the ESE part of the map. I bring this up because I happened upon something that was most helpful and after applying it to a couple of time trials, noticed a huge difference. If you're having trouble inducing your power slide with the "B" button, trying inducing the slide by slamming on the Reverse pedal while keeping the throttle held down. There's a balance in how long you want to keep it held down (there a definite rhythm to it) but I was able to pull off perfect inertia drifts this way. I tried the "B" button route and (this is speaking only for myself) found that I would lose too much forward momentum when trying it this way. And if you get it down in tune with how to feather the turbo into it, you'll pull off 90 degree turns with no loss of forward momentum.

Not saying the "B" button doesn't work, but if that is giving you trouble (like it was me). Give this a shot. I would suggest finding a section of road with an intersection and practice at the intersection until you get it down.

lil lung puff
04-08-2013, 03:08 PM
i have yet to try a single race. i can only really handle the charger, so if you have to use the atv im screwed. also i can only boost while going straight. what can i do?

VolDeVie
04-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Gold times where you have to be near perfect without a single crash Working as intended then. I should hope that a gold medal requires you to not crash lol

Supernova
04-09-2013, 09:08 AM
I mostly had issues with server lag screwing me over. I gave up on them honestly. After running directly through the rings hundreds of times, and having them not count or hitting a pebble and spinning out.. I couldn't take it. A few of my good friends have the black Challenger, I'm just holding out for a different vehicle.

Serev
04-10-2013, 02:46 PM
The San Francisco ones are fun.

Nothing like going through and having a dark matter event every 50 feet directly on a circle.