PDA

View Full Version : Defiance 2017

upper
12-19-2016, 10:00 AM
Hi there,

Is there any info about anything coming to the game in 2017? Excluding the Rad based event.

Devs please provide us with more details.

Destromathe
12-19-2016, 10:03 AM
Keep your eyes peeled for a PTS update today with the new Nuclear Winter event. I will reveal more details at that time!

Basperios
12-19-2016, 10:40 AM
Tell me Nuclear Winter isn't going to be another concurrent event like Extra Life was during Hulker Hell.

Tell me this is going to be the vanity bundles going on sale.

Nice job on Solstice Strike, love the new "Volge" guns, and the snow. Hope you guys decide to update the old Warmaster loot with these new ones & more.

One more thing... Thank you.

Bentu
12-19-2016, 12:01 PM
Tell me Nuclear Winter isn't going to be another concurrent event like Extra Life was during Hulker Hell.

Tell me this is going to be the vanity bundles going on sale.

Nice job on Solstice Strike, love the new "Volge" guns, and the snow. Hope you guys decide to update the old Warmaster loot with these new ones & more.

One more thing... Thank you.

Nuclear Winter is to be the next event arkfall which I'm guessing will fall to earth the 2nd week of January.

Fallen_Aingeal
12-19-2016, 12:44 PM
Keep your eyes peeled for a PTS update today with the new Nuclear Winter event. I will reveal more details at that time!

I'm curious if there is going to be an actual EXPANSION to the game.

I'm tired of "event arkfalls".
I'm tired of recycled/reskinned items and areas.

A simple answer to this would be nice.
Will there be an EXPANSION to Defiance in 2017? Opening more of the map. Introducing more races {looking at you, Omec. We have some of your tech, introduce yourselves}. Adding more mission/story line content.

You're not shackled by the show or SyFy anymore. Let your own creative juices flow! Show us what you have as game makers! We already know that you're decent enough game "maintainers".

Introduce actual NEW CONTENT.

nick145
12-19-2016, 12:54 PM

Will there be an EXPANSION to Defiance in 2017? Opening more of the map. Introducing more races {looking at you, Omec. We have some of your tech, introduce yourselves}. Adding more mission/story line content.

You're not shackled by the show or SyFy anymore. Let your own creative juices flow! Show us what you have as game makers! We already know that you're decent enough game "maintainers".

This. Everything about this!

WhiteStrike
12-19-2016, 12:56 PM

I agree. They could even use the Tutorial area for this hypothetical content.

Bentu
12-19-2016, 01:03 PM
I agree. They could even use the Tutorial area for this hypothetical content.

I've often wondered why they didn't use that as a pvp map long before Monterey.

I also echo Rebs call for "new" content instead of rehashed reskined content.

nick145
12-19-2016, 01:13 PM
I've often wondered why they didn't use that as a pvp map long before Monterey.

I also echo Rebs call for "new" content instead of rehashed reskined content.

At this point bentu I think it is either not the devolopers decision or it's beyond their skill level.

The Lady
12-19-2016, 01:29 PM
They also still have the old fort defiance area in San Fran. At one time they were talking about using it for something. If I remember correctly its an area the size of Alcatraz. Any new would be cool.

PithHelmetIrath
12-19-2016, 01:30 PM

Unless they're going to drastically increase the size of the development team, I don't see any kind of an EXPANSION being added to this game..

"It is what it is."

MataC
12-19-2016, 02:45 PM

This and this. Simpy beautifully said.

At this point bentu I think it is either not the devolopers decision or it's beyond their skill level.

And, unfortunately, this. I'm afraid the devs hands are tied.

Zoomer12
12-19-2016, 03:01 PM
I wanna know what that supreme chip update fasti posted is all about.

Lake Superior
12-19-2016, 03:06 PM

I wouldn't call the storyline/arc that the show provided a "shackle".
More like something that gave a solid foundation with lots of possibilities.
I absolutely agree that the game needs some damned content though.
It also needs less focus on rip-offs, and more focus on quality....whoops. I done said it again.

missmar
12-19-2016, 03:50 PM
Will we see an Expansion in 2017?

Lake Superior
12-19-2016, 05:42 PM
It will be in your stocking of OJ Chips.

PithHelmetIrath
12-20-2016, 06:07 AM

http://wormholeriders.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Fringe-S3x12-Outlook-not-so-good.jpg