PDA

View Full Version : Wasted Effort

Ghost Within
12-19-2016, 02:38 PM
Supreme chips?? No. Just no. Such bs

Rhettro
12-19-2016, 02:42 PM
Just saw this in Fasti's post. New expo drops?

Ghost Within
12-19-2016, 02:43 PM
Just saw this in Fasti's post. New expo drops?

No idea. First even mention of supreme chips and it is going live. Wtf are they thinking.

Rhettro
12-19-2016, 02:49 PM
Maybe we all get some in our Defiance Christmas stockings?

Destromathe
12-19-2016, 02:50 PM
The holidays are full of surprises!

Skiller115
12-19-2016, 02:51 PM
Supreme chips?? No. Just no. Such bs

Yeah I've never dropped a supreme and now the sup loot pool is going to be diluted with hundreds of useless chips! I think I might never play expo ever again if these chips can replace the regular sup weapons or shields.

Bentu
12-19-2016, 03:24 PM

Well that will be the end of any chance of me playing pvp if you introduce supreme rigs and chips.

It's clear that you guys don't play the game to any extent.

Also just did a war master so my alt could get the pursuit kill (joke) and the blinding flashes from this events weapons is ridiculous.

missmar
12-19-2016, 03:25 PM
The reason feedback is going to be bad for Supreme Chips is because expeditions are still flawed and for the most part unfun to the majority of players.

The new plasma weapons will auto extract you if you blow yourself up with one, and you lose your rounds.

If you have electric nano effect on you and die (say, from your own weapon on accident, like NVF bombardier) you're auto extracted and lose your rounds. Like, dying at all while your HUD is down.

The Ekaru Monitors showing up in a crowd of like 6 or more at one point is ridiculous and such a pain in the ***.

Biomen grenadiers still shoot backwards and through their own bodies and one-shot you no matter how much defense you have. Them showing up 6 at a time is ***** *** **** ***** ****. I didn't censor anything I just put a bunch of asterisks to represent how annoying it is.

You can be stunlocked to ridiculous un-counterable measures making all the above tenfold more annoying.

Enemies in Heaven Sent will walk through walls and you either have to decoy glitch there, shoot em, and glitch back again (not easy, not fun, time consuming)

When you get auto-extracted or simply disconnected during boss fight you can't rejoin your friends because the expo doesn't even recognize you were just friggin' there.

PVP population has already been decimated by the regulars who only play PVP to overkill with the cheapest tactics instead of giving new players any chance whatsoever. They'll be getting supreme chips for PVP no doubt, that'll absolutely be the last nail in the coffin of PVP, and the first nail on the coffin of Defiance if something doesn't change

DEATHBRINGER210
12-19-2016, 03:42 PM
Yeah I've never dropped a supreme and now the sup loot pool is going to be diluted with hundreds of useless chips! I think I might never play expo ever again if these chips can replace the regular sup weapons or shields.

i was thinking the same thing about the t6 loot pool

nick145
12-19-2016, 04:18 PM

So are dark alley ways. Not all surprises are good and with your track record of putting out broken content without testing it I'm terrified at the kind of things that could go wrong with and entire new rarity of chips and rigs...

PithHelmetIrath
12-19-2016, 04:20 PM

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2012/12/18/Grinch.gif

Kedarthebest
12-19-2016, 04:24 PM
T6 Chips?! Yes! Making the trade market even more broken yesss keep it coming but wait t6 chips..hmm t6 rigs too? Aww man I can see it coming a t6 rig with overpowered abilities like permanently 25% health or permanetly 25% dmg then thinking of add passives on the rigs ooooooo. But wait Uh oh guess PvP will official be unbalance ooooo I can see all the hate threads this year man. Good Job Trion your the best.

Moring
12-19-2016, 04:48 PM
if ALL rigs are shut down on PvP maps/during SW, you can give supreme rigs/chips, if no, scrap that.

Brajjaan
12-19-2016, 04:48 PM
Great so my effort of over 3 months with constant grind on heaven sent with yet no jackpot will be even more worthless, feels good to know I can now pull a supreme bmg charge chip along those 4 guns, 4 shields and 100+ chips. Thanks trion! Great to know that everyone had the chance to give you feedback before implementing it!

VesperLynd
12-19-2016, 05:54 PM

Like fixing broken content... I almost made it through typing that without laughing. Merry Christmas.

xXxDSMer
12-19-2016, 07:20 PM
I certainly hope the supreme chips don't dilute other important loot pools: like oj chips, and superiority gear.

How bout replace some of the JUNK standard syn ojs we get in expos with the sup chips, oj chips, oj rigs, superiority syn things? Yanno.. the things people are actually playing expedition for?

Triggered
12-19-2016, 07:47 PM
What about those of us with JP rigs and chips? Will those receive supreme treatment?

Ghost Within
12-19-2016, 08:24 PM
What about those of us with JP rigs and chips? Will those receive supreme treatment?

Great question here.

Rhettro
12-19-2016, 08:25 PM
Looks like it is only one chip (at least based on PTS). It is a +5% damage keystone - hardly something that will break the game.

Ghost Within
12-19-2016, 08:29 PM
Looks like it is only one chip (at least based on PTS). It is a +5% damage keystone - hardly something that will break the game.

600 loyalty rep for 5% dmg is just ugh. Not gonna be much effective at all

Sevrin
12-19-2016, 09:43 PM
Are they going to drop in expos? If so...well so what. All the expos I've done and I have maybe 10 useful oj chips and one supreme weapon. If they are going to be more scarce then OJ chips, frankly, why bother. My idea -- increase the RNG for what we already have! Now that would really make the game better.

Omega Maximus
12-19-2016, 11:35 PM

And where did this chip drop? Arkfall? Expo?

BaronFrosch
12-20-2016, 12:57 AM
And where did this chip drop? Arkfall? Expo?

its from a crate
http://i.imgur.com/jex8eTA.jpg?1

Brajjaan
12-20-2016, 05:03 AM
its from a crate
http://i.imgur.com/jex8eTA.jpg?1

Oh my....:D

Wagner Serrato
12-20-2016, 05:13 AM
Why dont creat Jackpot Cyber rigs untradable in Expedition with good Passive skill?
Benefits Cash Players

konstantinov
12-20-2016, 05:57 AM
Why dont creat Jackpot Cyber rigs untradable in Expedition with good Passive skill?
Benefits Cash Players

It also benefits the players using exploits to ensure they stay on round 8 to farm surpremes.

Rhettro
12-20-2016, 07:51 AM
I am assuming the 220 buff stacks with the MM synergy buff. Guess it's time to brush off the Pride.

Altras
12-20-2016, 08:06 AM
I don't much like this. Whales already have such a huge advantage, this is just furthering the gap. No bueno.

Rhettro
12-20-2016, 08:16 AM
Bit store exclusive rigs have been the revenue strategy for a while now. Compared to the Razor Reign and Cleaving Corrosion, this rig does not seem too OP.

Destromathe
12-20-2016, 10:43 AM
Hey All,

Glad to see that everyone is finding out about this update we have in store for you today. I would like to take a minute to address a few concerns I have seen here.

First and foremost, this content has of course been tested, and this was not something that we felt needed feedback from the player base, as the increase from legendary to supreme is something static. We felt as though this was a good change for the community, to give end game players more items to work towards.

Supreme chips will not be diluting any loot pools, and this is ONLY a good increase for loot chances. For example, if you were to get a chip, and the loot table would determine what rarity that chip would be, we decreased the chance that it will be rare or epic, increased the chance that it will be legendary, and added a small chance that it will be supreme.

Supreme chips will be added to the following locations:

Cyber Rig Supply Crates
Expeditions
Silicon Shard Vendor Crates

In addition to the supreme chip changes, we have also increased (slight increase in expeditions, heavy increase in supply crates) the drop rate of legendary chips. As you can see, this is simply a positive change all around.

BaronFrosch
12-20-2016, 10:48 AM
Hey All,

Glad to see that everyone is finding out about this update we have in store for you today. I would like to take a minute to address a few concerns I have seen here.

First and foremost, this content has of course been tested, and this was not something that we felt needed feedback from the player base, as the increase from legendary to supreme is something static. We felt as though this was a good change for the community, to give end game players more items to work towards.

Supreme chips will not be diluting any loot pools, and this is ONLY a good increase for loot chances. For example, if you were to get a chip, and the loot table would determine what rarity that chip would be, we decreased the chance that it will be rare or epic, increased the chance that it will be legendary, and added a small chance that it will be supreme.

Cyber Rig Supply Crates
Expeditions

In addition to the supreme chip changes, we have also increased (slight increase in expeditions, heavy increase in supply crates) the drop rate of legendary chips. As you can see, this is simply a positive change all around.

nice! tnx for the update

Rhettro
12-20-2016, 10:51 AM
This is great news. Thanks Destromathe.

Ghost Within
12-20-2016, 11:28 AM
Hey All,

Cyber Rig Supply Crates
Expeditions

Makes this worth the patch.

Menetekel
12-20-2016, 11:29 AM
This is great news. Thanks Destromathe.

Indeed Cheerio and happy holidays everyone!

Triggered
12-20-2016, 04:03 PM
Hey All,

Cyber Rig Supply Crates
Expeditions

What about former JP chips? Are those receiving the supreme treatment?

Sevrin
12-20-2016, 06:21 PM
Hey All,

Cyber Rig Supply Crates
Expeditions

Once again thank you for taking the time to pass along the information!

Brajjaan
12-21-2016, 06:37 AM
It also benefits the players using exploits to ensure they stay on round 8 to farm surpremes.

Exploits? You mean clever use of ingame mechanics?

PithHelmetIrath
12-21-2016, 06:49 AM

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/53424663.jpg

Bentu
12-21-2016, 07:58 AM

I used to disapprove of using in game mechanics to gain in game materials and to be honest I still do in other games but not in Defiance.

The over weighted jp rng drops to the less desired weapons and the general overall bad drop rate in game and the failure to fix the game I want to play has changed that, in the past I used to leave a co op if I saw guys doing af runs but not anymore.
Even though I don't actually know what and how to do what Kon was talking about I'd now have no qualms joining a group to do it.

Lake Superior
12-21-2016, 05:37 PM
I don't much like this. Whales already have such a huge advantage, this is just furthering the gap. No bueno.
Я согласен (agreed).