PDA

View Full Version : An Anecdote I'll Remember Until Death

Azz Bandit
12-23-2016, 12:37 AM
I thought I'd tell a quick story regarding my easy acquirement and respective loss of Until Death. So when I first started play'n this game back in early February, I got to almost ego 2000 and got into my first expedition Stolen Purpose. I had terrible gear, bad perks, and pretty much ate salt during my first Hulker bossfight. When I finished I asked around for help. Some high level dude helped me out with a couple runs over a few days. He was really cool about my whole noob thing, and eventually he switches to a lower ego toon and straight up gives me UD, Oj and unmodded at an ego slightly higher then mine (at this time I didn't know about lowering ego ratings). So eventually I tried it out in expeditions and shadow wars and was wreck'n house all around. In time I got to ego 3000. At this point some other dude approaches me at Alcatraz and offers me an oj big boomer for UD. It was a normal bb, vet syn, but at this point I never saw a bb with an 8 mag (it had an oj mag roll and a T3 reserve mag), so I really wanted it. I also somehow didn't know how to raise ego ratings, so I thought UD was far less powerful than than it actually was. So in the end the dude basically got a free UD, and the guy who gave me it never contacted me thereafter so I'm just assuming he stopped playing. And if the first part of this story is all too familar and you're the dude who gave me it...I'm sorry I traded it for a normal big boomer.

Theocrat
12-23-2016, 03:04 AM
Sorry to hear that Bandit, you got robbed big time. When I started learning how some weapons were astronomically overpowered with equally astronomic prices, I decided to never sell or trade anything I didn't know the value of until I talked to a more experienced friend or clan member. Doing this has sure kept me from making horrible trades or purchases.

Hate
12-23-2016, 03:57 AM
I see this all the time in zone and i call people out on it ,dont like to see new players taken advantage of ,when i do a trade i tell the person what their gun is worth and i wont accept it cause i have a conscience if they are trading 4 too little or i try to give more and i say if ur not happy come back in a few days and ill trade back .

konstantinov
12-23-2016, 04:19 AM
If you remember the name of the guy that traded you the boomer send me his name in a PM.

Ackeron
12-23-2016, 07:50 AM
what ego and platform are you playing on?

stayloc
12-23-2016, 09:39 AM
I would guess the guy who did that to you thinks he is better than a trade window glitcher - he is not.

Alahali
12-23-2016, 09:52 AM
That's where you see the importance of a clan, it is sad but in zone is a common currency.

konstantinov
12-23-2016, 10:39 AM
That's where you see the importance of a clan, it is sad but in zone is a common currency.

I can assure you there are clans where members take advantage of other members.

Sevrin
12-23-2016, 11:13 AM
Thanks for sharing this. It is a good lesson to learn and another reason why being in a clan is important. At least if a clannie does something like this, there is some recourse. Otherwise SOL. Sad to say.

Alahali
12-23-2016, 12:06 PM

I don't doubt, this is not the case, and when I say clan is like a means of consultation.

nick145
12-23-2016, 04:56 PM

Without a doubt this is true. I can think of an Xbox NA clan founder who puts major pressure on his clanmates to trade him jackpots and other expensive rare mods at dirt cheap, because and I quote "That gun is crap. I'm helping you out and giving you an amazing deal." He then proceeds to offer about 1/3 to 1/2 of an items value at best and when you go to him expecting a deal in return as what should happen in a clan were market values are ignored like that this person's item is rolled and modded perfectly (generally not normally things like vbi ars set up for hip firing) and as such is worth far more than the market value (usually 20% more). If you're on 360 na you're welcome with us. I'm sorry to say stuff like this really is all too common.

I personally only pay about 66% with clanmates but I also only charge them 66% or if it's something I bought normally I sell it at cost or a little over.

Lycan Nightshade
12-23-2016, 09:39 PM
Shady doings man. You have my sympathy.

Applebite
12-24-2016, 12:26 AM
OJ JP = NO TRADE
Your situation won't happen in a clan unless there are more uneducated clan members than experienced ones. If you're in a clan full of questionable people, get out of there and go Solo. It's better to play alone for awhile until you find a better clan, than to stick around dirty folk. I try to warn members all the time to keep an eye out for scammers.

Your tale is also an example for another reason: inexperienced players should learn the game before seeking these OJ JP weapons. Newbies don't need an OJ nearly as bad as they need to learn how to play or understand the community they're in. It's too simple for inexperienced players to be scammed out of these weapons, or hearing stories about how they accidentally 'trashed it' or sold it. With great power, comes great responsibility.

Alahali
12-24-2016, 07:26 AM
Absolutely agree with you "Applebite", if you been cheated coulb be the price of inexperience, but if you are in clan with robbers, cheaters and scammers, you must know that one day you gonna be a victim.

hempman
12-24-2016, 08:23 AM
what a story....if its true......
main thing that sticks out in my mind was.
random guy helps you for awhile,yet you dont know his handle to find him.
annnnd other random guy trades a big boomer for an ud?

kinda hard to believe that with all the pizzazz surrounding the Ud ingame chat,
that you wouldnt know what you had,
or having it equipped,that 500 people hadnt already tried to buy it off you.

that being said alis clan used to have to bring him every jp they got and he decided the value and if they kept it.
was the worst clan i ever saw on xbox.
( note to mods,theres no full name nor clan name sooo,yeah :cool: )