PDA

View Full Version : Rating system

stoodakiss
12-24-2016, 03:07 PM
when the game was first released there was an ego rating system on the website that calculated how many XP points that you earned in each aspect of the game and gave the player a rating based on those scores.it was a very cool idea because it would have given players the ability to stop speculating how much effort they put into certain areas of the game and give them the ability to compare with other players. it's understandable that it was removed because it was such a complicated system and would be discouraging for casual players.

nobody really made a scene when the system was removed because getting to the max ego rating of 5k was something that many didn't commit to and was extremely hard to do with the ego cap and no DLC pursuits or season 2,3 and 4 pursuits.

in December of 2013 the ark breaker DLC was released and the clan rating system was added and each individual members contribution points started to be tracked and this gave players a great way to gauge how much lifetime XP is earned. the only flaw with it is that it does not transfer from clan to clan and is lost if switching clans or getting booted then the history is reset.

then earlier this year when the XP cap was removed, and everybody body hit 6k and to compensate those who actually do pursuits to get their ego up, the pursuit rating was introduced wich displays the dedication of the ark hunter beyond just an inevitable max out given enough time. while the pursuit rating displays in-game achievements it doesn't really tell the whole story of what an ark hunter actually does while playing the game. after the pursuits are completed and are just another cap and prevent further progression which is demotivating.

to add incentive to keep playing after maxing out would be adding more ratings. for example, an XP rating that would calculate the lifetime XP of the players that would stick with them throughout the game instead of only being able to track it within a clan and would enable others to see the rating while inspecting them to see it without being in their clan.

a couple other ideas for displayable ratings would be ark fall ratings or PVP ratings that would tally up all points earned in those events. it would be interesting to look around and inspect people to see how much time they spend doing PVP, expos or ark falls and it could help people find like-minded individuals that enjoy the same aspects of the game.

SiMHTK15Pik

Johnny Gatt
12-24-2016, 03:48 PM
Great idea if Trion was willing to implement it.

Sevrin
12-24-2016, 06:11 PM
The lifetime XP counter would be awesome. Good idea.

konstantinov
12-24-2016, 06:15 PM
Sounds like a cool idea. I miss being able to look at the my ego page on trions website where it had some breakdown of stuff you did. (Distance driven, distance swam, distance jumping through the air, etc etc)

The Lady
12-24-2016, 06:56 PM
It was nice to look and see where you were at. I know a couple of people who are stuck in a dead clan simply because they don't want to start over with the contribution, believe me it is hard to see all those points disappear. I personally haven't done most of the rampages, hotshots, time trials, or the expo stuff. I was fine with not making the cap. I'm also fine with not having more than a 15?? pursuit ranking. It would be nice though to see after four years of playing more than just the total number of days played is.

Valani
12-24-2016, 08:27 PM
Brilliant idea!

r1p
12-24-2016, 09:14 PM
I agree that it's a good idea. It would be pretty cool to see what people spend most of their time doing.

Calm like a Bomb
12-24-2016, 11:47 PM
It would be cool to see how much time other players are idle.

stoodakiss
12-25-2016, 12:50 AM
you could easily calculate how much a player does by dividing their XP by days played.

clay marrow
12-26-2016, 10:39 AM
Great idea!!
I'd love to know my combined contributions as well..

DEATHBRINGER210
12-26-2016, 06:56 PM
when the game was first released there was an ego rating system on the website that calculated how many XP points that you earned in each aspect of the game and gave the player a rating based on those scores.it was a very cool idea because it would have given players the ability to stop speculating how much effort they put into certain areas of the game and give them the ability to compare with other players. it's understandable that it was removed because it was such a complicated system and would be discouraging for casual players.

nobody really made a scene when the system was removed because getting to the max ego rating of 5k was something that many didn't commit to and was extremely hard to do with the ego cap and no DLC pursuits or season 2,3 and 4 pursuits.

in December of 2013 the ark breaker DLC was released and the clan rating system was added and each individual members contribution points started to be tracked and this gave players a great way to gauge how much lifetime XP is earned. the only flaw with it is that it does not transfer from clan to clan and is lost if switching clans or getting booted then the history is reset.

then earlier this year when the XP cap was removed, and everybody body hit 6k and to compensate those who actually do pursuits to get their ego up, the pursuit rating was introduced wich displays the dedication of the ark hunter beyond just an inevitable max out given enough time. while the pursuit rating displays in-game achievements it doesn't really tell the whole story of what an ark hunter actually does while playing the game. after the pursuits are completed and are just another cap and prevent further progression which is demotivating.

to add incentive to keep playing after maxing out would be adding more ratings. for example, an XP rating that would calculate the lifetime XP of the players that would stick with them throughout the game instead of only being able to track it within a clan and would enable others to see the rating while inspecting them to see it without being in their clan.

a couple other ideas for displayable ratings would be ark fall ratings or PVP ratings that would tally up all points earned in those events. it would be interesting to look around and inspect people to see how much time they spend doing PVP, expos or ark falls and it could help people find like-minded individuals that enjoy the same aspects of the game.

SiMHTK15Pik

good idea . how come no dev team reply?

Fallen_Aingeal
12-27-2016, 12:23 AM
good idea . how come no dev team reply?

Because it's the holidays...

I agree, Stoo.

Wish they hadn't of taken down the other site.

cootinator
12-30-2016, 12:32 PM
it would be cool to see lifetime clan membership and XP earned in events to compare the maxed out clans

Jack Robo
12-30-2016, 04:05 PM
This sounds like a great idea, i would love to see how much time i have spent in pvp and not just in the game. i hit my 50 hours at 2400 ego and have pvped ever since. K/D shouldnt be recorded as it would give players the oppurtunity to brag aboyut how amazing their aim bot is (no names) and how many times that they have left match to avoid death ( also mentioning no names) but if you play pvp on 360 NA you know who they are...Otherwise, great idea

stoodakiss
12-31-2016, 12:37 AM
This sounds like a great idea, i would love to see how much time i have spent in pvp and not just in the game. i hit my 50 hours at 2400 ego and have pvped ever since. K/D shouldnt be recorded as it would give players the oppurtunity to brag aboyut how amazing their aim bot is (no names) and how many times that they have left match to avoid death ( also mentioning no names) but if you play pvp on 360 NA you know who they are...Otherwise, great idea

agreed on the kd ratio. only suggesting something that adds up all the points earned per event. it would be cool to seperate it by the maps in subcategories but it might be too intricate.

The Lady
01-02-2017, 05:13 PM
Bumping this back to the main page cause its still a great idea.

Moring
01-03-2017, 03:20 AM
it will never happen and tbh I'd prefer devs put time on making season 4 repetable. I love the last mission and I want to replay it again and again, solo and in groups.

stoodakiss
01-04-2017, 03:13 AM
it will never happen and tbh I'd prefer devs put time on making season 4 repetable. I love the last mission and I want to replay it again and again, solo and in groups.

it took them almost no time to come up with the pursuit rating display when everyone freaked out about anyone being able to advance to 6 k without completing pursuits.

clay marrow
01-04-2017, 03:18 AM
it took them almost no time to come up with the pursuit rating mechanic when everyone freaked out about anyone being able to advance to 6 k without completing pursuits.

Facts!!!!!!!

How is this not something within the game already? At least some form of player stats...
I'd really like to hear a legit reason why we shouldn't have this beside the existing broken content argument....
Destro???????

stoodakiss
01-05-2017, 05:37 AM
Facts!!!!!!!

How is this not something within the game already? At least some form of player stats...
I'd really like to hear a legit reason why we shouldn't have this beside the existing broken content argument....
Destro???????

Probaly because they are too busy explaining to people that they haven't been doing the hundreds of arkfalls they claim to have done during an event. Maybe an event arkfall counter would be a good compermise to the much wanted karma meeter.

Bentu
01-05-2017, 06:17 AM
Probaly because they are too busy explaining to people that they haven't been doing the hundreds of arkfalls they claim to have done during an event. Maybe an event arkfall counter would be a good compermise to the much wanted karma meeter.

That would be something at least.

Lake Superior
01-05-2017, 08:49 AM
This would be a GREAT addition.

stoodakiss
01-05-2017, 10:14 AM
This would be a GREAT addition.

the counter is already in the system and there is a display for it in the pursuit but stops counting when it hits a thresh hold, why not just let it continue to count then players could see how many ark falls they did during each event/

cootinator
01-06-2017, 11:40 PM
a stats page like on gta 5 would be something im sure alot of people would be interested in seeing

http://cf.c.ooyala.com/F2c2QxdTqcQ5WB3mP6j4becd5P8lgFfv/3Gduepif0T1UGY8H4xMDoxOjA4MTsiGN

xSalemx
01-07-2017, 06:12 AM
More lag?

But it's a nice idea.

OokamiXIII
01-07-2017, 07:43 AM
Ya know, it's kinda depressing to see quite a few great ideas in one convenient, easy to access place, and know that nothing will come of it. Hate to be "that" guy, but judging by the state of our servers, Defiance has officially taken up residence on the back burner. Cause, you know, new money is better than repeat money.

The Lady
01-09-2017, 06:16 AM
Could they not just turn back on the one we used to have?

stoodakiss
01-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Could they not just turn back on the one we used to have?

that would be the coolest thing if they brought back the original one, may it rest in pieces with its brother the exchange such wonderful systems that never got a fair chance.

The Lady
01-12-2017, 09:06 PM
Hello Trion guys who read the forums. Could you guys just turn back on the old stat page? Is it even something you guys would look into?

stoodakiss
01-20-2017, 09:29 AM
been thinking about it some more and how it would be good for clans to have a total member contribution tally. been in a maxed out clan since april of 2014 and would be cool to see how many total members and total contribution clans out there have.

Calm like a Bomb
01-20-2017, 10:50 AM
been thinking about it some more and how it would be good for clans to have a total member contribution tally. been in a maxed out clan since april of 2014 and would be cool to see how many total members and total contribution clans out there have.

Could care less about a clans total members or total member contribution or seeing other clans total members and contribution. You can already see your mates total contribution already anyways, get a calculator and tally it yourself, it's not that important. Showing how many members a clan has can also be decieving due to the fact that many clans will have alot of members that haven't played for awhile, so those numbers would be skewed unless it only counts members active within the past 30 days or so.

I'd rather have an individual clan contribution meter that goes to rank 10, just as the clans activities currently are, that let's you be able to build up the stats to gain an extra 5-10%(exp,scrip,salvage,ect...)

When someone joins a maxed out clan they automatically gain the bonuses afforded to them being all the clans activities are maxed out at level 10. Have it so you can increases those bonuses for yourself individually by what activities you do most...ie- you do lots of arkfalls and coops, you can gain an individual bonus of 5-10%, another 10 ranks, that only apply to yourself from what you contribute to the individual activities.

Basically like the weapon skills go to level 20. Clan activities go to level 10, then from what you contribute individually you can gain an additional 10 ranks and the small bonuses that go with those extra levels that only apply to yourself.

stoodakiss
01-22-2017, 12:01 PM
Could care less about a clans total members or total member contribution or seeing other clans total members and contribution. You can already see your mates total contribution already anyways, get a calculator and tally it yourself, it's not that important. Showing how many members a clan has can also be decieving due to the fact that many clans will have alot of members that haven't played for awhile, so those numbers would be skewed unless it only counts members active within the past 30 days or so.

I'd rather have an individual clan contribution meter that goes to rank 10, just as the clans activities currently are, that let's you be able to build up the stats to gain an extra 5-10%(exp,scrip,salvage,ect...)

When someone joins a maxed out clan they automatically gain the bonuses afforded to them being all the clans activities are maxed out at level 10. Have it so you can increases those bonuses for yourself individually by what activities you do most...ie- you do lots of arkfalls and coops, you can gain an individual bonus of 5-10%, another 10 ranks, that only apply to yourself from what you contribute to the individual activities.

Basically like the weapon skills go to level 20. Clan activities go to level 10, then from what you contribute individually you can gain an additional 10 ranks and the small bonuses that go with those extra levels that only apply to yourself.

talkin about cumulative points for the clan from current and past members. so that when someone runs around saying they have the best clan, the numbers can be looked at. but its understandable that most wouldn't want to present themselves and measure up. we already have the gauges just remove the thresh holds so that we can keep counting. your idea of individual clan bonuses takes away from the teamwork aspect, tracking individual contribution and achieving clan rank should be reward enough though there should be more ranks with different privileges but that is another topic.

01-22-2017, 12:10 PM
talkin about cumulative points for the clan from current and past members. so that when someone runs around saying they have the best clan, the numbers can be looked at. but its understandable that most wouldn't want to present themselves and measure up. we already have the gauges just remove the thresh holds so that we can keep counting. your idea of individual clan bonuses takes away from the teamwork aspect, tracking individual contribution and achieving clan rank should be reward enough though there should be more ranks with different privileges but that is another topic.

Yeah we need a way to compare clans.

Calm like a Bomb
01-22-2017, 01:56 PM
someone runs around saying they have the best clan

People do that? Sounds pretty petty & childish.

your idea of individual clan bonuses takes away from the teamwork aspect
I think not. Your already contributing individually to the clan as is, it's just that your individual contribution is collectively combined with your other mates contributions (=teamwork) to increase those activity levels so the whole clan benefits, not just yourself. When you have a new recruit come into maxed out clans their not contributing anything to increase those activity levels, they come in and automatically get those bonuses, so why not be able to increases those bonuses individually for yourself by the time spent on those activities you enjoy doing...or just up the clan activity levels to 15 or 20.

stoodakiss
01-22-2017, 07:45 PM

well they do but not as much as they slander other clans for being inferior. numbers dont lie.

The Lady
04-26-2017, 07:24 AM
Yeah I know but couldn't find the link I was looking for, and you have to admit its still a good idea.

Could someone post the link to where you can go to see when your patron pass expires please and thank you.

crasher
04-26-2017, 08:54 AM
Sounds like a cool idea. I miss being able to look at the my ego page on trions website where it had some breakdown of stuff you did. (Distance driven, distance swam, distance jumping through the air, etc etc)
Remember some of the etc, etc included how many rounds were fired, how much ammunition was salvaged, too?

I *itched at Trick a few times when they cut the page out, but he claimed that it was too labor intensive to have the computer keep track.

I think they cut it out at approx the same time they lowered the number of people listed on the final scoreboard down to 20, as well as lowering scores from the multi-millions to the few-hundred-thousands.

I always believed it was some of that SJW stuff so everyone got a prize, and nobody had to see how many players were between 'them, at the bottom of the list at #21' and #20 above them.

:p

chow1116
04-27-2017, 09:29 AM

I think not. Your already contributing individually to the clan as is, it's just that your individual contribution is collectively combined with your other mates contributions (=teamwork) to increase those activity levels so the whole clan benefits, not just yourself. When you have a new recruit come into maxed out clans their not contributing anything to increase those activity levels, they come in and automatically get those bonuses, so why not be able to increases those bonuses individually for yourself by the time spent on those activities you enjoy doing...or just up the clan activity levels to 15 or 20.

I'm new to posting but read these forums but...

to make clan rankings and such an actual objective and something to do, what if there was a contest among clans in regards to xp or whatever. just a thought...im sure there will be exploits as there usually is but would be interesting nonetheless.

Calm like a Bomb
04-27-2017, 10:07 AM
Clan rankings/ratings is an actual objective. As your clan ranks up you unlock bonuses for all members.
You want to get all your clans activities maxed out at level 10 and your clans rating maxed out at 3600.

Clan Rating 500
Reputation Increase: 5% bonus reputation
Clan Rating 1500
Vehicle Speed Up: 5% bonus vehicle speed
Clan Rating 3000
1 extra Key given for activities

There needs to be more content when it comes to clans.

chow1116
04-27-2017, 10:32 AM
Clan rankings/ratings is an actual objective. As your clan ranks up you unlock bonuses for all members.
You want to get all your clans activities maxed out at level 10 and your clans rating maxed out at 3600.

Clan Rating 500
Reputation Increase: 5% bonus reputation
Clan Rating 1500
Vehicle Speed Up: 5% bonus vehicle speed
Clan Rating 3000
1 extra Key given for activities

There needs to be more content when it comes to clans.

i definitely agree there needs to be more content. I was more so referring to when your clan is already maxed and having a system of ranking between clans. Once maxed, theres no real objective..youre contributing to clan xp or whatever but it serves no real purpose. im suggesting to offer some sort of objective to make it worthwhile. more content would be nice. or as i mentioned, maybe a clan based event or tournament or something interactive between clans.

stoodakiss
04-28-2017, 10:17 PM
Yeah I know but couldn't find the link I was looking for, and you have to admit its still a good idea.

Could someone post the link to where you can go to see when your patron pass expires please and thank you.

pretty sure you can only see when your pp expires if you play on pc.

FistPumper
04-28-2017, 10:59 PM
pretty sure you can only see when your pp expires if you play on pc.

Yes this is true.