PDA

View Full Version : Here my way to balance cloak (THE best way)

Galdoblame
04-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Hello everyone,it's me again.

i played many pvp games now and i think i know exactly what should happen to cloak.

i read the forum alot,and many people had some idea ,but never forget that every balance affect pve too.I would gladly ask for a delay on shooting,not being able to cloak again after shooting,or must press cloak again to be able to shoot and have a countdown before shooting.

but that would be a massive nerf on the pve side...and it would hurt too much cloak.

so HERE'S THE BEST WAY TO BALANCE CLOAK

The only way to balance cloak is to put more steal detection skill or items( like spanner should detect cloak in a x range,like 20..sensor nade or balista)(add more stealth detection skill,not only to decoy ! )...or put a range threshold ,where cloak perfect invisibility would start to decay and become more blurry.lets say...at 40 range,it start to get a little blurry,and should be able to be seen if we take close attention. at 25 range,it should be blurry enough to see something moving.at 10 range,it should be a blurry enough to take notice without taking attention.

that would have 0 pve impact

and enough in pvp to balance it completly.

i'll end on a note that nerfing the shotgun isn't a solution. Shotgun is way to good only because how pvp map and combo with perk/cloak are atm. Leave the SHOTGUN ALONE :O :! :( T_T Q_Q

Jigglypuffs
04-07-2013, 05:01 PM
cloak is fine. I don't use it or get killed by those that do.

Galdoblame
04-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Maybe because i play in low graph setting,but i don't see the shimmer.

and when you need a specific skill to counter something,that kinda reduce the playstyle you want to play.

Figma
04-07-2013, 05:37 PM
So best way to balance cloak is to make it completely useless in pvp

Galdoblame
04-07-2013, 05:55 PM

no.It should be used to hide on plain field and to sneak up behind some player.It's combo with some skill is deadly too.no,it should still be in pvp.

it just require some tweak,and mine do fix it,without any disavantage for cloak in pve.

Kaarous
04-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Cloak is fine. If you have graphics settings better than a Commodore 64 you can still spot them. And detection items already exist. They are called Bio Grenades and Decoy. Did you know that if they run over a Bio Grenade it reveals them?

[Edit: Also, Bio Grenades are damn useful even if not used for that purpose. It forces someone to A; roll it off of them (in which case they are not shooting at you), or B; move so much slower they are dead in the water. Either way, you win. Furthermore, with complete honesty, it is not that Cloak is OP. It's just the meta still has growing pains after just being established.

Galdoblame
04-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Cloak is fine. If you have graphics settings better than a Commodore 64 you can still spot them. And detection items already exist. They are called Bio Grenades and Decoy. Did you know that if they run over a Bio Grenade it reveals them?

[Edit: Also, Bio Grenades are damn useful even if not used for that purpose. It forces someone to A; roll it off of them (in which case they are not shooting at you), or B; move so much slower they are dead in the water. Either way, you win. Furthermore, with complete honesty, it is not that Cloak is OP. It's just the meta still has growing pains after just being established.

it's not everyone that want to reduce they playstyle to bio and decoy. I use decoy myself cause it's a cool skill,but i keep my frag /on hit nade with me.

and my pc is a laptop,so yea ...even a alienware 18x in crossfire have it's limit...sadly...

Slay
04-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Cloak is fine. You can see the shimmer as they move around. People who can't see it need to pay attention. Also, this is how stealth works in all games. Decoy counters it.

Way I see it, you're completely invisible. i've never seen anyone approach me with invis ever.
A good fix to this would be to be able to see cloakers within 20 feet, this would help snipers still and act as a 'beacon' to snipers someone's closing in on them. Sensor sweep is stupid and it shouldn't have to be placed in to deactivate cloak.

To be honest that's exactly what I was thinking he was implying also. This suggestion isn't good in honesty, it will just ruin cloak altogether.

Kaarous
04-07-2013, 09:23 PM
it's not everyone that want to reduce they playstyle to bio and decoy. I use decoy myself cause it's a cool skill,but i keep my frag /on hit nade with me.

and my pc is a laptop,so yea ...even a alienware 18x in crossfire have it's limit...sadly...

That was a joke on my part, the commodore 64 was one of the first personal computers ever.

Also, this is the problem with asking for nerfs/buffs to certain things. Reduce your playstyle? How is taking a counter to something you find difficult to deal with reducing your playstyle? Especially when that counter is probably one of the game's most useful in pvp? Seriously, go out and learn to use Bio well, you will thank me.

Honestly, I smell entitlement. It sounds a lot like a guy from earlier this week whose argument came down to "I should be able to beat cloak with anything/everything, or the game is imba!". Sorry, but tough shtako.

Anatol
04-07-2013, 09:35 PM
cloak is fine. More skill player can see you. There is no problem with cloak but with his time to charge and time to be cloaked:D I can be invisible every 10 seconds for 21 seconds :D so I can be invisible almost constantly. BTW every weapon can kill you did you meet DMG buff + sniper rifle or LMG player?? or ****ing jumping monkey with infector and blur? this game has very good balance so dont ruin it with your cry post pls. And I hope devs will only listen community in PvE ideas and left balancing in PvP.

They need fix other PvP mods and maps and put PLAY AGAIN buttom on final scoreboard like in SHADOW WAR.

Lazerus
04-07-2013, 11:27 PM
its not the cloak ability that is broken, its a map problem
at the moment all the maps are small and perfect for shotguns.
wait for bigger maps or shadow war, cloak is not so imbalanced there

labotimy
04-08-2013, 06:40 AM
its not the cloak ability that is broken, its a map problem
at the moment all the maps are small and perfect for shotguns.
wait for bigger maps or shadow war, cloak is not so imbalanced there

^ this. you guys crying about cloak/shotgun are gonna get outplayed no matter what load out your opponent has.

DC Zero
04-08-2013, 09:26 AM
I don't find cloak or shotgun crazy overpowered, more annoying because thats what 90% of players are using. But I would never equip a bio grenade to try and counter them. A good ole frag grenade just does too much damage and I dont think I could live without it. Its an insta-kill if you throw it right next to someone. Most of my double and triple kills are the result of a well placed frag grenade. So instead of trying to anticipate where a cloaker is and pull them out of stealth with a bio-grenade, I just do the same with a frag grenade and blow them to pieces.

Galdoblame
04-08-2013, 02:30 PM
^ this. you guys crying about cloak/shotgun are gonna get outplayed no matter what load out your opponent has.

False.i'm always top 3 of my team,using explosive only.

i'm not crying about any of those. i give suggestion to balance up the cloak. i seriously don't see any blur or anything when some1 is cloaked,and my poor decoy do not work every 30 sec. Cloak should be use to sneak up on target,by using some of your brain,and not a 5 meter distance mindless following.I'm not bringing a bio/fire nade/launcher/nadelauncher on me everytime.

i just ask a way to see them,when around 10 meter of them.

Emo Panther
04-08-2013, 03:40 PM
This sounds almost as silly as Dice nerfing the IRV Scope because it could see in the dark.. Lol.. If it's in the game it is intended to be used. If that use just so happens to cause a lot of people to run around with Cloak/Shotgun well then, they are using it for the intended purpose. No reason to fix something that isn't broken :/ Don't really see the point in the combo tbh. The Canker is far better then a shotgun anyday of the week imo.

Honved
04-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Cloak is fine. You can see the shimmer as they move around. People who can't see it need to pay attention. Also, this is how stealth works in all games. Decoy counters it.

Thank you, so many people claim that it's perfect invisibility, not realizing that it is more like the predator.

Honved
04-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Cloak is good for ending players with high killstreaks, or ducking out of a gunfight that you're screwed in. It is by no means over powered and doesn't need to be nerfed. Reminds of my old wow days playing as a night elf warrior and stealthing in warsong gultch to get their healers while their group pushed.

Maledict
04-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Thank you, so many people claim that it's perfect invisibility, not realizing that it is more like the predator.

+1

All I see are bad players.

Honved
04-08-2013, 08:57 PM
no.It should be used to hide on plain field and to sneak up behind some player.It's combo with some skill is deadly too.no,it should still be in pvp.

it just require some tweak,and mine do fix it,without any disavantage for cloak in pve.

^ Said every butt hurt player ever.

Honved
04-09-2013, 12:25 AM

Our cloaks are just too awesome for people to handle.

Midnightknight
04-09-2013, 12:38 AM
Cloak is fine for me, i even feel it is weak compared to many other games, you are revealed for almost anything and you are not perfectly invisible even clocked. It's just fine. It's almost like playing AVP2 in the old fun years of PVP.

I definatly think the troubles come from somewhere else. Maybe lags, technical issues, some weapon balacing maybe, but for sure cloak is definatly something fine in this game. Speaking of this, sometime my cloak run away and don't come back after a single weak shot, is it something aimed at or a goal, cause loosing the full length of the cloak extended to max time for a single shot is a bit frustrating.

Honved
04-09-2013, 12:46 AM
Cloak is fine for me, i even feel it is weak compared to many other games, you are revealed for almost anything and you are not perfectly invisible even clocked. It's just fine. It's almost like playing AVP2 in the old fun years of PVP.

I definatly think the troubles come from somewhere else. Maybe lags, technical issues, some weapon balacing maybe, but for sure cloak is definatly something fine in this game. Speaking of this, sometime my cloak run away and don't come back after a single weak shot, is it something aimed at or a goal, cause loosing the full length of the cloak extended to max time for a single shot is a bit frustrating.

I reward you, young member, with a whopping 8 internets for being reasonable, logical, and most importantly having the rare gift of attention to detail that so many lack, and therefore never notice the cloak. Thank you for restoring some hope.

Figma
04-09-2013, 04:45 AM
I dont undertand that people dont see them, sure its cloak and its point is that but you can see them just enough. I kill cloak users all the time while they reload cloaked and think they can escape me, if you use cloak for awhile your eyes get used to what it looks like.

Honved
04-09-2013, 09:36 AM
I dont undertand that people dont see them, sure its cloak and its point is that but you can see them just enough. I kill cloak users all the time while they reload cloaked and think they can escape me, if you use cloak for awhile your eyes get used to what it looks like.

Exactly, fighting dark matter is also good for practice because if you don't know what the shimmer looks like still you won't notice it while it moves.

Dwane
04-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Cloak is fine for me, i even feel it is weak compared to many other games, you are revealed for almost anything and you are not perfectly invisible even clocked.

Cloak provides complete invisibvility if u dont count that 1 or 2 sec cloaking time.

Honved
04-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Cloak provides complete invisibvility if u dont count that 1 or 2 sec cloaking time.

It does not, there is a shimmer. Attention to detail, my good sir, attention to detail.

Goomba
04-09-2013, 10:15 AM
It does not, there is a shimmer. Attention to detail, my good sir, attention to detail.I've seen people cloak and at first there's a fine shimmer, but I'm pretty sure it goes away after a few seconds.

Galdoblame
04-09-2013, 10:46 AM
^ Said every butt hurt player ever.

say every cloak user?

i just switched to cloak,and i have it nearly every 17 sec.And i'm never seen.even at Melee range.

and i don't see cloaked person too.Show me a screenshot

Honved
04-09-2013, 10:47 AM
I've seen people cloak and at first there's a fine shimmer, but I'm pretty sure it goes away after a few seconds.

I've been spotted well into cloak and have spotted cloaks, it's a shimmer on the move, attention to detail. It will make many worlds of difference.

Jamesdanex
04-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Maybe because i play in low graph setting,but i don't see the shimmer.

and when you need a specific skill to counter something,that kinda reduce the playstyle you want to play.
Yes, but having a skill that completely destroys the use of cloak also makes cloak useless. Thank god people don't use it enough.

Honved
04-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Yes, but having a skill that completely destroys the use of cloak also makes cloak useless. Thank god people don't use it enough.

You get +1 internets for using tactics! =D

Goomba
04-09-2013, 10:52 AM
I've been spotted well into cloak and have spotted cloaks, it's a shimmer on the move, attention to detail. It will make many worlds of difference.You can keep saying that and add more snark each time but it doesn't make it true. I've shot people well into cloak because they ran in a predictable pattern or I was using an infector.

Honved
04-09-2013, 11:03 AM
You can keep saying that and add more snark each time but it doesn't make it true. I've shot people well into cloak because they ran in a predictable pattern or I was using an infector.

Well here's that thing it's not just me saying it, and it isn't just cloak users wearing it. I add snark because it amuses me when talking to a stubborn and oblivious person. Attention to detail, by the way, is not a snark comment, that was probably my most sincere one towards you yet lol. Then again you don't pay attention to detail... So I understand how that evaded you. You lose one internets.

Goomba
04-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Well here's that thing it's not just me saying it, and it isn't just cloak users wearing it. I add snark because it amuses me when talking to a stubborn and oblivious person. Attention to detail, by the way, is not a snark comment, that was probably my most sincere one towards you yet lol. Then again you don't pay attention to detail... So I understand how that evaded you. You lose one internets.
You're the one claiming that you can always see a cloaked person, so go ahead and get some proof. The burden's on you.

Honved
04-09-2013, 11:13 AM
You're the one claiming that you can always see a cloaked person, so go ahead and get some proof. The burden's on you.

I play on the console, I wouldn't even know how to go about recording O_O. Yes the burden is on me because you're already too lazy to do research or try it out yourself. I'm wondering if you have eyes or a brain, because you're obviously missing one. ;D

Galdoblame
04-09-2013, 12:34 PM
I've been spotted well into cloak and have spotted cloaks, it's a shimmer on the move, attention to detail. It will make many worlds of difference.

I know some people say it..but could you lend em a screenshot? i really want to know if it's my graphic setting ,my driver aren't up to date,or i REALLY don't notice it at all.

just show me please :D ( if you want ,since nothing force you to do so)

edit : Oh,you play on console...maybe it's a console feature then? that would explain alot of thing

Honved
04-09-2013, 12:43 PM
I know some people say it..but could you lend em a screenshot? i really want to know if it's my graphic setting ,my driver aren't up to date,or i REALLY don't notice it at all.

just show me please :D ( if you want ,since nothing force you to do so)

Okay finally found a video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYELAHdJpuE freeze frame at 3:31, you can clearly see a cloak user mid run on the right side by the second stack of crates. Minimap shows not hostile or friendly so it is and enemy cloak.

Like I said if I knew how to record on my ps3 I would lol. Hope this helps, like I've been saying attention to detail is key. ;D Happy hunting!

They are hard to spot, far easier when there is a light contrast.

Galdoblame
04-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Okay finally found a video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYELAHdJpuE freeze frame at 3:31, you can clearly see a cloak user mid run on the right side by the second stack of crates. Minimap shows not hostile or friendly so it is and enemy cloak.

Like I said if I knew how to record on my ps3 I would lol. Hope this helps, like I've been saying attention to detail is key. ;D Happy hunting!

O.o i still don't see it.there effectivly a guy there,but he didn't cloaked yet. i'm still checking the video.

Dwane
04-09-2013, 01:04 PM
O.o i still don't see it.there effectivly a guy there,but he didn't cloaked yet. i'm still checking the video.

3:33+ is pretty much visible mentioned cloaking animation which is 1-2 sec, then player becomes completly invisible (3:35-3:38, then he start shooting and becomes visible again). Fail proof is fail.

Galdoblame
04-09-2013, 01:12 PM

i think i know what you mean now...but that not what i meaned.

at 3:36,we clearly see nothing (I would have throw a nade tho,and don't let my mate die :P ), and that what always happen.

heck,i'm using a spanner as a cloak detector,with decoy since my decoy countdown is high

Honved
04-09-2013, 01:49 PM
3:33+ is pretty much visible mentioned cloaking animation which is 1-2 sec, then player becomes completly invisible (3:35-3:38, then he start shooting and becomes visible again). Fail proof is fail.

hmm, could have sworn he was cloaked. Maybe a pc issue? I can see the shimmer on ps3 fine.

5:00-5:03 you can clearly see the shimmer, slow it down and watch same video.

So That is a deffinate cloak shadow and shimmer there.

Dwane
04-09-2013, 01:55 PM
hmm, could have sworn he was cloaked. Maybe a pc issue? I can see the shimmer on ps3 fine.

5:00-5:03 you can clearly see the shimmer, slow it down and watch same video.

So That is a deffinate cloak shadow and shimmer there.

Again cloaking animation as he was hitted probably by grenade.

Honved
04-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Again cloaking animation as he was hitted probably by grenade.

Cloak animation flashes blue over their body, no grenades or dots. I'm trying to show you guys but if you're simply unwilling to admit that it can be spotted it doesn't matter what I show you.

If there are any ps3 players care to tell me how to record? Then I'll just make an archive to shut people like dwane and goomba up.

MosesOfWar
04-09-2013, 01:59 PM

@3:31 The shimmer is seen running behind boxes.. Easy to spot if you're aware.. Cloak is easier to spot in well lit, outside areas, rather than dull low lit areas.

Honved
04-09-2013, 02:01 PM

@3:31 The shimmer is seen running behind boxes.. Easy to spot if you're aware.. Cloak is easier to spot in well lit, outside areas, rather than dull low lit areas.

Thank you! Glad someone saw what I did. Check out the 5:00-5:03 segment, no blue shimmer so it has been active behind cover, no dot activated and the shimmer and shadow are still visual.

Honved
04-09-2013, 02:03 PM

Moses I give you all the internets. Thank you my xbox Brother! =D

Honved
04-09-2013, 02:14 PM
7:49-7:54 Activates cloak becomes, in dwane's words "Completely invisible" as he runs around the crates to go back inside.

Dwane
04-09-2013, 03:24 PM
7:49-7:54 Activates cloak becomes, in dwane's words "Completely invisible" as he runs around the crates to go back inside.

^ and 3:31 isnt even cloaked person omfg. Did u watched it fullscreen 720/1080p? Guy at 3:31 triggers cloak at 3:33 geez....

here better pictures they yours 240p thumbs:
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8648/kkthxbye.png
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/9960/kkthxbye2.png

Honved
04-09-2013, 05:45 PM
^ and 3:31 isnt even cloaked person omfg. Did u watched it fullscreen 720/1080p? Guy at 3:31 triggers cloak at 3:33 geez....

-.- watch the vid again and try to pay attention dwane, I know it's hard to notice but if you TRY you will see. at 7:49-7:53 he activates and you see the shimmer run around the crates at the bottom. Fail troll is pathetic.

Honved
04-09-2013, 05:46 PM

You know what, I'm done, if you can't see the cloaked player that's on you. at the 7:49-7:53 mark there is a cloaked player, obviously not the visible one that's dropped down in front of him. You are truly hopeless. If you can't handle this never pick up a killzone game. Where players can cloak and look like a friendly both on screen and on the mini map.

Otis Spunks
04-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Still think allowing players to see a cloaked player on radar if they are sprinting or rolling within a certain proximity would work as well.

Honved
04-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Still think allowing players to see a cloaked player on radar if they are sprinting or rolling within a certain proximity would work as well.

Your absolutely right, who cares if they're trying to get out of combat right? Awful idea.

Dwane
04-09-2013, 09:50 PM
-.- watch the vid again and try to pay attention dwane, I know it's hard to notice but if you TRY you will see. at 7:49-7:53 he activates and you see the shimmer run around the crates at the bottom. Fail troll is pathetic.

Actually, ur trolling there. Show me screenshot with cloaked player pls (and not that miniicon some1 showed there). Unable to admit your fail? Both players we are talking about are not cloaked at all.

Honved
04-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Actually, ur trolling there. Show me screenshot with cloaked player pls (and not that miniicon some1 showed there). Unable to admit your fail? Both players we are talking about are not cloaked at all.

I asked one of the others here to capture the pics, he said he should be able to do it tomorrow. I guess you're ignoring the pic mosesofwar posted huh? It's cool dwane, I'm done trying to prove it to you. If you can't see it that's your problem, not mine, I see them fine.

Dwane
04-10-2013, 06:42 AM
I asked one of the others here to capture the pics, he said he should be able to do it tomorrow. I guess you're ignoring the pic mosesofwar posted huh? It's cool dwane, I'm done trying to prove it to you. If you can't see it that's your problem, not mine, I see them fine.

Im not ignoring that pathetic tiny icon. I actualy made EXACTLY SAME SCREENSHOT in higher resolution, which definitly shows noncloaked player. There sure is fully cloaked player inbetween 3:35 and 3:38, feel free to cap screenshot where he is visible to you in this given time.

MosesOfWar
04-10-2013, 11:29 AM
Here's the best demonstration of a cloaked enemy being seen and no its not because they we're being shot. None of the teammates aimed on the area were shooting. I watched it multiple times. You can see the shadow of a person coming around the crates and then a motion blur. This is in 720p resolution (I can't run any faster on work bandwith without getting scolded); my suggestion to all is watch the video, don't just look at still images because of course it's going to be harder to spot. I've circled the things to look at that are the tell tale signs of a cloaker. And as I said, they are easier to spot in the light than in closed corridors.

Image 1: Shadow around the base of the crate in front of the player
Image 2: Where you can see the motion blur pass (and everyone lights the person up)

Dwane
04-10-2013, 11:38 AM
At that time, theres cloaking enemy, not cloaked yet. Its again that said 2 sec cloaking animation.

MosesOfWar
04-10-2013, 11:50 AM
At that time, theres cloaking enemy, not cloaked yet. Its again that said 2 sec cloaking animation.

Dwane, if they we cloaking instead of cloaked, either the players on the team are stupid for not shooting at them, or they are blind. In any case, you other two sections of the video that you mentioned, I watched in HD and the person isn't cloaked, it was just the low quality. In this case, you are wrong and speculating. You can assume what you want, but this is an example of what to look for. Let people learn what to look for and decide for themselves you've all ready made up your mind on things.

Dwane
04-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Well, go ahead and lie to ppl if u wish.

Dwane
04-10-2013, 01:19 PM
So i went to battleground for some cloak example and got this after 2 mins (cloaks are everywhere so it wasnt so hard). U can pretty much see cloaking animation followed by complete invisibility (shooting was simple prediction just to demonstrate that target was runing infront of me). Also u can see at beginning while im cloaked i have no shadow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCWkPLwGx1E

Honved
04-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Well, go ahead and lie to ppl if u wish.

Dwane we gave you proof, other's notice it. Idk what your problem is but you are the hypothetic horse and we have led you to water, not our fault you don't have working eyes.

Dwane
04-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Dwane we gave you proof, other's notice it. Idk what your problem is but you are the hypothetic horse and we have led you to water, not our fault you don't have working eyes.

What proof? That tiny picture with 2 marked pixels? I gave u big pic of same with noncloaked player there... Are u just trolling or do u have some braindamage?

Honved
04-10-2013, 02:02 PM
What proof? That tiny picture with 2 marked pixels? I gave u big pic of same with noncloaked player there... Are u just trolling or do u have some braindamage?

Well the video from 5:00-5:03 shows that clock can be seen, along with your video since there is a shimmer before your infector hits. This so called perfect invisibility of running behind cargo crates is astounding, secondly you are obviously the troll. You only submit clips where they go behind objects.

Dwane
04-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Well the video from 5:00-5:03 shows that clock can be seen, along with your video since there is a shimmer before your infector hits. This so called perfect invisibility of running behind cargo crates is astounding, secondly you are obviously the troll. You only submit clips where they go behind objects.

That vid 5:00-5:03 shows cloaking animation - as some1 pointed out, there is visible shadow before he run into view so he wasnt cloaked yet. Fully cloaked player has no shadow. My short clip pretty much demostrate all i say about cloak, u can see cloaking animation, invisibility and reappearing. Its fact and that video isnt affect by your words and every1 can see that.
You will say u can see him while hes cloaked, but for some weird reason, u cant make screenshot and show what u see to every1.

MosesOfWar
04-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Dwane, this sounds like a user issue. If certain players are having no trouble spotting cloaked players and you can't spot them it's either a user issue, or your game settings. Cloak is difficult to see, especially in the dark, but when in will lit areas there is a distortion of whatever background the Cloaker is in front of. If you're not paying attention, you are bound to miss it. Sometimes I have trouble spotting Cloakers, other times I don't and it really depends on where on the map I am and their distance to me. They aren't "totally" invisible but they aren't easy to see either. This isn't an issue on consoles, at all. I can't view your youtube video at all either, so I can't see what you're speaking about. But some video settings, if you're running on a PC, may be set so it make it more difficult for you to see the distortion that a cloaker leaves. The reason why I can notice it very well, is due to playing Halo 3 where many people Cloak/Shotguned and you get used to looking out for a Distortion on the player.

Galdoblame
04-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Please,do not fight in my threat ! it's suppose to talk about a way to make it less frustrating to play against. Debate on this subject,otherwise,fight somewhere else ! :O :(

I'm really curious about how to see cloak user tho. I'm like dwane : i really don't see it. but i DID played halo 3,and i didn't had problem to spot them.

maybe i just need to see it once to understand what is it. i'll try to spot it,or just deal with it.To be honest,i use it at the very moment i speak with you: just too good to pass by :3,specially with a saw off shotgun,grenade-type or slug type.

Dwane
04-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Actually only you and your friend there says they can see fully cloaked enemies. Dont know any1 other. And before u claim yourself some superhuman gamer with imba experiences. I play games for more then 20 years. I played profi CS so i guess my eyes are good enought.

Galdoblame
04-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Actually only you and your friend there says they can see fully cloaked enemies. Dont know any1 other. And before u claim yourself some superhuman gamer with imba experiences. I play games for more then 20 years. I played profi CS so i guess my eyes are good enought.

no. i'm surfing on this forum since i play,and many people do claim the're easy to spot.

and please,don't put '' I played profi CS so i guess my eyes are good enought.'' as a proof.It could have impact if this was battlefield 3. Understand that this isn't the same game type. I'm used to top every game of tribe:ascend,to dominate in UT in map without vehicule.Halo too (vehicule or not)...and inversely, i'm at best good in battlefield 3,and medicore at battlefield :bad company 2...and 20 years of gaming do not mean alot,since we don't know what your playing. In my case , i play video game on a average of 8 hour/day, i grew up with video game (and i'm not a fat guy like the stereotype and DO have a girlfriend,ahah ! xD ).

i don't mean your a bad player : you would probably **** me in CS. But bringing played experience mean nothing to this discussion.

Anyway,can any moderator close this threat? i Think it's time to goes by. i want to post something else.

Dwane
04-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Well, i have never encountered any1 in pvp who has seen me fully cloaked, and i was oneshoting ppl right into their faces. Some may claim they can see cloakers, but its more likely only during cloaking animation. Some ppl may say they see cloakers, but its most likely during cloaking animation.

Some info from devs would help alot.

Scorpio989
04-10-2013, 03:23 PM
- Reducing cloaking duration to 10 seconds
- Reduce Shadowed Strike DMG boost to 10%
- Increase Sucker Punch DMG boost to 20%
- Only 100% invisible while crouched or standing completely still.
- Moving while cloaked slightly increases visibility.

With this balance Cloaking can maintain the same DPS increase Overcharge gives, but require the player to rely more on skill and positioning to be equally effective.

Trion gives Cloaking more than 15% extra DMG to compensate for the instant reloading that Overcharge has, but it seems they completely forgot that being invisible itself is enough to counteract the reload effect. So now Cloaking has higher DPS and survival than Overcharge.

There must also be more thought into perks such as Rear Guard which does nothing to stop getting one hit killed from the back right now. Another perk that should be looked at more is Sensor Sweep which in my opinion isn't worth the trouble right now even with Cloaking as it is.

Escalith
04-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Well, i have never encountered any1 in pvp who has seen me fully cloaked, and i was oneshoting ppl right into their faces. Some may claim they can see cloakers, but its more likely only during cloaking animation. Some ppl may say they see cloakers, but its most likely during cloaking animation.

Some info from devs would help alot.

It is possible to spot cloakers that are running on and around infront of you. It is difficult, but you can see the faint shimmer moving around. However it's close to impossible to spot a cloaked person that sneaks around obstacles to flank you, whereas if they weren't cloaked you'd see them.

What I've noticed though is that if a cloaked person stands still and you stand still, they are completely invisible. Moving on your account then however reveals them as they begin to shimmer once more as you turn around them.

nateD
04-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Sometimes I think that some people would like to, so the cloak do something like this:

Activating the cloak = you are immediately immobilized

You can't reload your weapon

You're not invisible, lets say you are 50% transparent

At the time of activation should be heard the sound of a huge gong, also information should appear on the screen: "player x is using cloak!"

Should last 5 seconds, 2 seconds for activation, 1 second proper operation and 2 seconds deactivation (you are visible, but you can't shoot or move)

Is it not enough that

Cloak needs time to complete activation, and each, even the smallest damage cause that player is still visible? (and time didn't stopped for him, skills time is getting shorter anyway)

Major damage (explosion, critical attacks) completely remove the cloak (the ability will be available after a full skill-refresh)

Each shot results in the player momentarily become visible?

don't forget about DoT

What else do you need that skill has become completely useless?

Sorry for the cynicism, but from the perspective of what is going on in the game (especially during arkfalls) ... I shouldn't finish that sentence, because the thread is about to be closed.

Don't change anything just because someone said "buuuu, I can not kill that player with my favorite weapon/loadout". Maybe first try another tactics, weapons, perks, don't go alone everywhere?

And TRION, pls do something with those players with blurr... i can't hit them -.-

Midnightknight
04-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Nobody never played Alien vs Predator 2? seriously. Cause the cloak of predator was something like this. in Defiance it is even weaker than AVP2 cause you weren't uncloaked on taking dammages ... Simply blood on the ground. And nobody ever complained cloaking of predator was too strong. People learnt to play with it was part of the gameplay.

Here is the same. People saying they can't see it, should buy new eyes or maybe lower their gamma. Playing always gamma full to cheat in the dark make the shimer desapear. Too bad.