PDA

View Full Version : Help me? please

4apaeff
12-27-2016, 11:17 PM
I was trying to download the game from Glyph. and it was almost done when the error is appeared. "Downloaded files are corrupt". I did something wrong? What should I do to play the game?

Is there difference between downloading the game from Glyph and Steam?

Hesk
12-28-2016, 01:14 AM
Hello! There is a difference between the Steam and standalone Glyph launcher, as they will place files in different locations. If the files are corrupted, I would recommend attempting the download again. If the issue persists, please submit a support ticket at support.trionworlds.com.

PithHelmetIrath
12-28-2016, 06:47 AM
Is there difference between downloading the game from Glyph and Steam?

Yeah, the difference is my download of this game via Steam went off without a hitch.

Lake Superior
12-28-2016, 08:36 AM
Yeah, the difference is my download of this game via Steam went off without a hitch.
It should be noted though that some folks have had trouble running Defiance from Steam (myself included).
I kept getting a corrupted data message when trying to launch the game from Steam.
Once I removed it and installed via Glyph it worked fine.
There's really no end to the code problems in this game. This is just another avenue in that messed-up village.

Altras
12-28-2016, 08:46 AM
This information is from previous years, but may help. During the initial installation (steam or glyph) is that some of the core files don't apply correctly or misplace, whatever. If you downloaded through steam try repairing defiance via right click in your library then select "Verify File Integrity". After that or if you don't have steam, try repairing defiance within Glyph.

Hope it works for ya.