PDA

View Full Version : I never see a lot of people post on the forums no more

Grave Digger
12-31-2016, 10:42 AM
Title says it all

Comment: I used to see a lot more people back in 2015-2014 on the Defiance Forums. I understand that people were quitting the game, but why so many?

Greybush
12-31-2016, 11:07 AM
Because DLC

Because grenades

Because rewards

Because F2P

Because PvP

Because Expos

Because The Exchange

Because bugs

Because customer service

Because patron pass

Because loyalty

Because BR's

Because arkforge

Because decoy

And most importantly, because reasons

Edit: And vampires... because vampires

Cygnus
12-31-2016, 11:26 AM
Forgot because stasis pods

Bentu
12-31-2016, 11:31 AM
Because Trion taking little or no notice of the great community we had here once and there was also that letter.

I'd love for someone to find it, I've tried umpteen times and failed.

It was about the same time as Destiny launched and many took advantage of it and jumped to next generation consoles.

Greybush
12-31-2016, 11:36 AM
Both goods points:

Because stasis pods

Because "The Letter"

stoodakiss
12-31-2016, 11:43 AM
because of zaggers

r1p
12-31-2016, 11:49 AM
Because Purgatory

Fallen_Aingeal
12-31-2016, 12:11 PM
Because "compassion", or lack thereof.

Also, because when ppl get tired of mentioning the same things over and over and getting the same stale replies i.e.{soon, working on it, etc.} instead of being honest and transparent with the truth that the things simply can't be fixed by the present staff, causes alienation and departure.

Another one that was forgotten;

Because WM timer.

Skiller115
12-31-2016, 01:01 PM
Title says it all

Comment: I used to see a lot more people back in 2015-2014 on the Defiance Forums. I understand that people were quitting the game, but why so many?
I could tell you on how the game became nothing but the "longer more fulfilling chase"

I could tell you about how non patrons didn't have a cap on Arkforge.

I could tell you about how the drop rate was reduced to nothing.

I could tell you about how the bitstore became the main priority.

I could tell you about how bugs found in 2013 will still be here 4 years later in 2017.

I could tell you about how the only "new" content we get is always tied to the bit store.

I could tell you about how the game has gotten stale from running thousands of expo runs and not dropping a supreme because the the droprate is near non existent.

I could tell you about the constant critical errors and disconnects from server that's blamed on our own hardware.

I could tell you about the War Master that has been broken for over two years and still hasn't been fixed.

I could tell you about how the war master is pointless now because the devs won't make those dlc weapons supremeable because they already got our money from the dlc and you can't buy those weapons in the bitstore.

I could tell you how the devs constantly ignore the community.

I could tell you how Trion is completely unwilling to port this game to next generation.

I also could tell you about how Trion relieved a good person of their duty forever.

Too much I could tell you about why this game is dying

W84IT
12-31-2016, 01:06 PM
There is a lot of reasons for this "abandon ship" that we are witnessing lately.
Number 1 being game stability,constant dc and terrible lag.
Number 2 bugs not getting fixed like promised (bug bash looking at you) and many,many more.
Number 3 bad RNG ruling everything and lack of transparency.
Number 4 nerfs like the zaggers,purgatory and arkforge etc.
Number 5 new generation consoles.
Number 6 your friends leaving the game.
Number 7 your friends leaving makes the game boring.
And the list goes on and on..

DEATHBRINGER210
12-31-2016, 01:30 PM
because bunny hoppers

WhiteStrike
12-31-2016, 02:08 PM
Title says it all

Simple: people are leaving because Trion doesn't see the entertainment potential that the game has.
Defiance is pretty unique compared to some other shooter MMOs. However, Trion seems to have it some sort of wall that prevents them from adding any more content, refuses to hire more devs and focus on minor things. Name new content added in the past 5 months.
Also, PvP is ignored. Defiance's PvP is different than the regular "aim and press R1 when you see someone to claim your kill", it involves movement, tailoring your gear to your likes, using movement to your advantage, hip-firing when necessary (seriously, I have yet to play any other game that supports hip-fire as a viable option), and much more! Sadly, it's potential is wasted due to the ever-lasting meta of "use weapons with easy hits and high" damage that has plagued the game ever since it launched. Obviously, Trion chooses to ignore it's issues since it's easy to sell boxes by placing weaponry that overperforms in PvP in them.
All of this contributes to the reduction in population that we're seeing these days.

PS: Refusing to port to next-gen isn't making Trion any favours but that considering that Trion refuses to invest in adding new content then we can assume a next gen port is 100% off the table.

Skiller115
12-31-2016, 02:31 PM
There's really no point for us console players to even play anymore. This game isn't going next generation while one of their other pointless kiddy game is going next generation :confused: while Defiance is staying on 11 year old hardware. One day us console players will try to login one day and we'll be be greeted with "servers are unavailable" except instead of a few minutes to a few hours it will be forever...

THE ROCKS
12-31-2016, 03:23 PM
I haven't posted much because no one's ever buying it's always selling but in order for selling to happen buying has to happen those sitting on hundreds of millions should share the wealth to those who have less I got enough money to keep going for a while but I know some players that are stacked for months

Ronin9572
12-31-2016, 04:40 PM
I haven't posted much because no one's ever buying it's always selling but in order for selling to happen buying has to happen those sitting on hundreds of millions should share the wealth to those who have less I got enough money to keep going for a while but I know some players that are stacked for months

Uhhhh....what?

Sevrin
12-31-2016, 04:41 PM
because of zaggers

Yes indeed.

Sevrin
12-31-2016, 04:43 PM
Because Purgatory

Yes exactly! This still makes me mad when I think about it, which, frankly, I try not to do any more.

Sevrin
12-31-2016, 04:50 PM
I could tell you about the War Master that has been broken for over two years and still hasn't been fixed.

Lol and this too, including the now glitched and apparently to-be-forever ignored clan invite button.

Rouge Assasin
12-31-2016, 04:56 PM
Maybe because they were FORCED into reaching 6k and have nothing left to live for, I mean work towards. What is there past 6k except beating up little children? Wont say more due to the last spanking I got. Free speech has no place here.

Chump Norris
12-31-2016, 07:45 PM
I don't have anything positive to say these days and don't just wanna log in and be negative everyday..

r1p
12-31-2016, 08:18 PM
Maybe because they were FORCED into reaching 6k and have nothing left to live for, I mean work towards. What is there past 6k except beating up little children? Wont say more due to the last spanking I got. Free speech has no place here.

You are right, some of us were forced against our will. Personally, I was perfectly happy at ~5600 ego but I was forced to 6k and now I have 75+ OJ's that still need to be upgraded. 6k is extremely overrated and the people that harp on it the most are the same one's that you see crying in zone after every single PvP match about:

How everyone on the other team is cheating.
How everyone on their team is terrible.
How awesome that they are in the few instances that their team happens to win.

As for beating up little children, a lot of the "6k the Hard Way" proponents received a lot of their wins and kills in PvP BEFORE everyone scaled up to 6k. But what do I know, I don't have anything to live for.

upper
01-01-2017, 10:24 AM
The game was released about 4 years ago. It needs NEW PLAYABLE content, but you know the last few releases were unplayable or were completely removed from the game. Lag, they stated that they "can't fix it and we should accept it as a part of the game." what else,... just wish they would fix the bugs and release new content that is free-of lag/bugs. They don't even tell us about the updates that are coming in the future, if any. They made us excited about the Nuclear winter update bu so fart, it's just a normal one with meh weapons.

Wish they would put more effort to make the game really sick & sublime

Johnny Gatt
01-01-2017, 01:48 PM
I remember a time when there were dozens and dozens of once mighty clans. Now all that remains are one or two die hard members, if at all. A few out of those dozens held on by consolidating vets from other clans, but even those are losing players faster than being replaced. The new players that are recruited never stay long, so it becomes a revolving door of mostly low level noobs held together by an ever shrinking group of high level vets.

In the current business model, being a vet does not get you very far. Trion already got your money. If you are not currently spending any money on the game, you are simply irrelevant. If you have been playing for nearly four years and simply quit, no big deal. There are new players coming over the wall , spending money in bitstore for a few weeks before moving on to something else. This is where the target audience is.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-01-2017, 02:13 PM
I remember a time when there were dozens and dozens of once mighty clans. Now all that remains are one or two die hard members, if at all. A few out of those dozens held on by consolidating vets from other clans, but even those are losing players faster than being replaced. The new players that are recruited never stay long, so it becomes a revolving door of mostly low level noobs held together by an ever shrinking group of high level vets.

In the current business model, being a vet does not get you very far. Trion already got your money. If you are not currently spending any money on the game, you are simply irrelevant. If you have been playing for nearly four years and simply quit, no big deal. There are new players coming over the wall , spending money in bitstore for a few weeks before moving on to something else. This is where the target audience is.And ironically, whenever an assertion like this is made, there is nary a peep from the Trion team to refute it.

Except, the one time it was mentioned that compassion was held high for the game and it's players. I said it then and I'll say it now and again until proven wrong.

Actions speak much louder than words/text.

Lake Superior
01-01-2017, 02:25 PM
The game was released about 4 years ago. It needs NEW PAYABLE content, but you know the last few releases were unplayable or were completely removed from the game. Lag, they stated that they "can't fix it and we should accept it as a part of the game." what else,... just wish they would fix the bugs and release new content that is free-of lag/bugs. They don't even tell us about the updates that are coming in the future, if any. They made us excited about the Nuclear winter update bu so fart, it's just a normal one with meh weapons.

Wish they would put more effort to make the game really sick & sublime
*In bold.
LOL Whut?

Ronin9572
01-01-2017, 03:51 PM

In the current business model, being a vet does not get you very far. Trion already got your money. If you are not currently spending any money on the game, you are simply irrelevant. If you have been playing for nearly four years and simply quit, no big deal. There are new players coming over the wall , spending money in bitstore for a few weeks before moving on to something else. This is where the target audience is.

Your correct on Trion's business model. But Trion isn't the only company that does this sort of thing. I've played tons of F2P games and they don't care about how much money you spent or how long you've been playing. What they want is the new short term new that don't know any better and will drop some money and than move on, cause someone will replace them any minute and so the cycle keeps going. It's sad but companies will string games along like this as long as they make money, they don't care about the complaints.

upper
01-01-2017, 09:20 PM
....................... Double post

upper
01-01-2017, 09:21 PM
*In bold.
LOL Whut?

Meant *playable* lol that was a mistake with a bad hint

Charapoo
01-02-2017, 03:25 AM
PS3 NA is pretty dead lately. I remember it being really busy this time last year. I agree with what was said in here.

The game is very unique and I find it very unfortunate that Trion has it more on "life support" mode. The television series was pretty good also..it's too bad they don't try to get Amazon or Netflix to continue it.

Also..can someone aware me on what this infamous "The letter" is about..in any general terms if you don't want to be specific..

Moring
01-02-2017, 03:59 AM
don't blame devs, they do what they can but they don't have the decision power over the game and its direction. there is a trion manager who says on all the sugestions: "this is not your/our top priority, so it is off the table". only if trion executives say "ok, this need investment and looking closer at for bigger revenue", then and only then there will be changes

Bentu
01-02-2017, 07:09 AM
Also..can someone aware me on what this infamous "The letter" is about..in any general terms if you don't want to be specific..

I've searched a few times but haven't had much luck finding it but today I found it.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?166821-Warmaster-Event-Changes-in-Defiance-2.1

OokamiXIII
01-07-2017, 07:51 AM
I could tell you on how the game became nothing but the "longer more fulfilling chase"

I could tell you about how non patrons didn't have a cap on Arkforge.

I could tell you about how the drop rate was reduced to nothing.

I could tell you about how the bitstore became the main priority.

I could tell you about how bugs found in 2013 will still be here 4 years later in 2017.

I could tell you about how the only "new" content we get is always tied to the bit store.

I could tell you about how the game has gotten stale from running thousands of expo runs and not dropping a supreme because the the droprate is near non existent.

I could tell you about the constant critical errors and disconnects from server that's blamed on our own hardware.

I could tell you about how the war master is pointless now because the devs won't make those dlc weapons supremeable because they already got our money from the dlc and you can't buy those weapons in the bitstore.

I could tell you how the devs constantly ignore the community.

I could tell you how Trion is completely unwilling to port this game to next generation.

I also could tell you about how Trion relieved a good person of their duty forever.

Too much I could tell you about why this game is dying

Well said. Side note: this reads like a f***ing poem! Props!

Charapoo
01-08-2017, 09:02 AM
I've searched a few times but haven't had much luck finding it but today I found it.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?166821-Warmaster-Event-Changes-in-Defiance-2.1

Honestly..why was that even a big deal? A dev said the "hardcores" were wrong and needed to l2play and stop griefing noobs?

Crack
01-08-2017, 09:46 AM
Honestly..why was that even a big deal? A dev said the "hardcores" were wrong and needed to l2play and stop griefing noobs?

This was actually a VERY big deal and still is to some. It was paid dlc and had some very sought after gear everyone wanted. We would plan ahead and gather the vets to each event. Once you got inside, a few players could easily force a fail by starting the timer early. Critting out getting in was almost as bad as Monterey pvp is now, so several would crit, a noob/troll would start it early, and it could easily be a fail due to not enough players doing enough dps.

I dont know of a single first year vet that doesnt still get angry about it when it gets brought up. It was the casual "once in a while" player that didnt fit in the "team aspect" of an MMO that trolled the event, then complained about how they were treated for doing so. Then Trick changed it, and called all the dlc owners that wanted to win "The Minority"...we called ourselves "The Lock Keepers".

theduude
01-08-2017, 11:57 AM
I dont think that many if the new players are aware of the forums to begin with. There is great value in visiting forums but only if you know about and its not promoted anywhere in game but only by the vets who recruit.

I read the 'letter' for this first time just now and i have to say, im quite pissed that a dev would even think to issue a statement with that tone. Maybe he disnt realize what he was writing at that time, but who are you to tell people how to play the game. There was obviously a design flaw, but to call out those who want to succeed in defeating an enemy and classifying them as a minority is crossing the line. I think we all can tell that he would be a lock breaker. Someone i would not want in my clan and really the clans are the true backbone of the game imo.

Bentu
01-08-2017, 01:05 PM

The then dev didn't like people organizing themselves so we could get a win basically.
There was no private instances at the time and we had to do what we could to try and get a win despite new players and trolls letting the wm out.
After time the new players learnt how to wait until we could group up again after getting critted and split up into separate instances.

"The vocal minority" (us here) are the one's who share the knowledge and experience on to the newer players and he was basically telling us to shut up and we're not playing the game as he wants us to.

Just to let you know that the server stability was a lot worse back then and you'd crit 3 out of 5 times entering the wm.

clubside
01-08-2017, 01:22 PM
The forums have always represented a minuscule portion of the playerbase. If you think things are slow now, though, you should have been here before the game-ruining DLC5 that changed the base mechanics of weapons. You could expect a busy forum during every patch and lots of helpful threads. After a few weeks of complaining so many left never to be seen again. A few like me came back. On PC my friends list has over 100 players who haven't logged in in over 2 years. It really was a devastating change that the game, and forum, would never recover from.