PDA

View Full Version : Will u be able to own a house like place

worldwarviolin
09-16-2012, 07:49 PM
im just wondering because that would be cool:D

Jenbuu
09-17-2012, 01:09 AM
with it being a shooter i doubt that there will be player housing but you never know, Trion has released information for rift's new expansion will have player housing.

so you never know in the future.

Ceridius
09-17-2012, 03:47 AM
I don't know about personal player housing, but it seems if there is any housing in the future then group/clan housing might be a real possibility. The world sets things up quite well for that.

I'd be excited anyhow. Having your own little place to call home and set up camp would really add to the feeling of being an inhabitant. I'm an immersion nut... mostly because games don't have that the way they used to.

stormaaron
09-30-2012, 08:36 PM
I agree that we should have some sort of ability to call a place our own(guild or player) . but if that never happens it will be intresting to see how clans have their own teritory i know my guild (The forgotten) already have our field HQ postion planned out

Shadinaxx
09-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Most likely, you can expect the typical chest that means "this is your warehouse" that everyone sees and "shares" as a location. I would really like to see the possibility of "owning" certain key locations, such as forward outposts that have to be claimed and protected from the nasties, and while you control it, venders, repair stations, maybe a special vehicles spawn location, etc are available, and you/your team/guild/army would get a taxed % of the credit traffic that goes through there as a reward for keeping that area safe.

Would be a very good way to increase the immersion and give depth to the TV series/game relationship if a group of players have to protect what they take without a squad of super soldier black ops npc guards that spawn to protect low levels. Maybe offer the protagonists that claimed the area special quest lines, or vendoring options (sell your crafted gear at the npc while you are offline) while they hold the claim.

Kalbuir
10-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Short answer would be at launch I very very very much doubt it. But SWG being my all time favorite sandbox game I do want to say: one can hope somewhere down the road :p.

BlackTalons
10-02-2012, 08:22 AM
I don't really think a personal house is needed, it has no real purpous as players won't play to skill or farm items at the house. A clan HQ however lends more utility, and could have features like a shooting range (and other minigames), vault and database access, schedule and ranks support, and even a customizable practice battlefield for custom matches.

Rozak
10-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I say, It would definitely be interesting if it was implemented. I'm not sure if POH would be likely for a game like Defiance.
Regardless it has been very challenging for MMOs to execute it properly. I used to play Runescape, and they pretty much aced it. It may have been a flash MMO, but it's POH execution was awesome. The thing that made their POH system ring, was that it had functionality. I could decorate it, build a throne room, repair my Barrows Weapons and Armor (I was an Ahrim's Mage.) build a banner with my crest on it, paint my shields with my crest. It was awesome.

As Talon had said, a Clan HQ would be fantastical. It was frequently pondered and wanted on the End of Nations forums, but as far as we know, it's all just nerd happiness.

/Nerd off

Disdain
10-08-2012, 08:22 AM
I cant see the point of having a house as an individual player, but as a guild it makes a bit more sense, i.e fast travel to your guilds outpost in the wilderness which has guild crafted turrets to defend it from the local fauna, automated turrets etc that require to be of sufficient firepower depending on the area populated.

joycebarger
03-25-2013, 11:48 PM
Its not necessary that we have to own place like house. We can buy a place and can make it home sweet home. You can get many home decor related idea on the internet and decorate your house. Even I also have a blog where you can get many ideas according to the type of your house. You can find that posts at the blog section of Rugsandblinds.com (http://www.rugsandblinds.com)

Escyos
03-25-2013, 11:51 PM
Your not a new resident of the bay area, your a visitor who is looking to make some cash. Why would you need a house.

Deathsdoll
03-25-2013, 11:58 PM
Your not a new resident of the bay area, your a visitor who is looking to make some cash. Why would you need a house.

Ummm hotel, when u go out of town do u sleep in your car lmao. I say give us undergound bunkers, that way there not in anyones way and can be in many sizes. I think it would be cool.

Over00
03-26-2013, 01:25 AM
Its not necessary that we have to own place like house. We can buy a place and can make it home sweet home. You can get many home decor related idea on the internet and decorate your house. Even I also have a blog where you can get many ideas according to the type of your house. You can find that posts at the blog section of Rugsandblinds.com (http://www.rugsandblinds.com)

Run! Its a necromancer!