PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Rig Season 3 Code Exploit

Destromathe
01-04-2017, 10:43 AM
Hello Everyone,

Recently, we identified an exploit that was allowing players to repeatedly claim a Cyber Rig Supply crate from the Season 3 code. This exploit has been fixed with a patch overnight, and the Season 3 codes have been removed from the store (which was always the intention).

Players exploiting these types of loopholes, make it incredibly difficult to create fun and free content, like the season 3 codes, in the future. We ask that when issues like this arise, to keep the integrity of the game intact, and report these issues to the developers instead of performing clear exploits of the game mechanics.

For all players who DID report this to us, I thank you very much for your diligence. All players who have been found to be exploiting this egregiously have been permanently banned from the game. We will not tolerate this behavior, and unlike the previous arkforge exploit, anyone who has created an unfair advantage for themselves will no longer be playing Defiance.

We love this game, and want to do everything we can to protect the integrity of the game, and the enjoyment of its players. Behavior such as this will not be tolerated. Thank you to everyone who continues to play and enjoy Defiance honestly and with integrity. See you in paradise Arkhunters!

KptBomba
01-04-2017, 11:03 AM
Good day destro
Adyust magazine chip
I have 10 ammo eternal mass canon
And i drop t6 rl chip that add 12% to ammo
So 10 ammo +12% will add 11 ammo but there is still 10....

So i change to old t4 chip ammo regen...
Willbe nice if trion fix this and give back Rl t6 chip back to me

Btw why t6 chip can be salvage only to 6 shrads?

clay marrow
01-04-2017, 11:30 AM
Well well well..... I wonder who won't be in game anymore????
Interesting

Bentu
01-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Well well well..... I wonder who won't be in game anymore????
Interesting

I was wondering the same, hope all my peeps haven't been bad boys and girls.

THE ROCKS
01-04-2017, 11:45 AM
same..... my friends are whats keeping me playing they get banned im gone ill leave outright

Jack Robo
01-04-2017, 11:47 AM
how can we tell if we have been banned? some people have messaged me wondering

Bentu
01-04-2017, 11:57 AM
how can we tell if we have been banned? some people have messaged me wondering

You won't be able to get in the game an I doubt you'll even get a character selection screen but if you have been banned I'd guess you'd get a email if your account is linked to the glyph site

Destromathe
01-04-2017, 12:07 PM
You won't be able to get in the game an I doubt you'll even get a character selection screen but if you have been banned I'd guess you'd get a email if your account is linked to the glyph site

This is correct. If you have a linked account, you will have received an email as well.

DeathSpank
01-04-2017, 12:10 PM
its funny how you come across hard with threats with bans about this not saying its right but people have paid money for it, but allow people to farm iols with exploits non-stop who get 20 arkforge in just 3mins per run ?

upper
01-04-2017, 12:13 PM
We love this game, and want to do everything we can to protect the integrity of the game, and the enjoyment of its players. Behavior such as this will not be tolerated. Thank you to everyone who continues to play and enjoy Defiance honestly and with integrity. See you in paradise Arkhunters!

Off topic, how many developers are actually there? I've not seen any noticeable development for quite some time now.

Bentu
01-04-2017, 12:30 PM
So what was the exploit, were people buying them repeatedly with real world money?

If that's the case I think a permanent ban a tad harsh especially when multiple people on pc were buying a certain dlc for the arkforge as it was cheaper than buying forge from the store.

Just saying.

Bentu
01-04-2017, 12:35 PM
I must be behind on my exploiting, how does jumping the wall exploit the game too?

THE ROCKS
01-04-2017, 12:38 PM
I'll get a warning for it but why not but let me be the first to Tell you Destro this is harsh and a ridiculous act you guys perma ban people just reset em back at least but really? Alot of people spend time and money on this and your outright taking it from them.... Be lucky if I stick around after this I'm quite disgusted and I'm sure alot of other players will be too

Bentu
01-04-2017, 12:42 PM
Well at least there won't be as many people around to cause lag at the Nuclear Winter event. :P

Destromathe
01-04-2017, 12:45 PM
This exploit has nothing to do with spending money on the Defiance store. If a player purchases a single season 3 code (which can only be purchased once), and then proceeds to exploit the system to duplicate that code into hundreds or thousands of free cyber rig supply crates, that is a clear exploit of game mechanics.

The egregious actions of a very few number of players have created a poor environment for everyone else, creating an unfair advantage. This exploit was not simple and took a lot of time and effort. Creating and deleting characters hundreds of times to gain free content that others have paid for, will get you banned from Defiance.

Calm like a Bomb
01-04-2017, 12:48 PM
What was this cyber rig crate exploit? Was it in the store-Defiance the TV show section, where you could purchase with real money what other players had earned from entering a code from watching episodes, such as the Omec gear ect...if it was this and people kept exploiting it by purchasing multiple cyber rig crates at a discounted price and Trion did nothing all this time til now how is it the players fault...maybe they weren't aware this was a one time purchase, it's not stated in that section and even if they did know, wouldn't it be Trions fault for not correcting the problem when they became aware of it...I don't believe they deserve an outright lifetime ban for taking advantage of Trions oversight.

THE ROCKS
01-04-2017, 12:51 PM
I know for a fact Jack did not do it hundreds of times I got a few people in mind I know did it over and over daily but hey I'm no rat so I'll stay quiet but really Destro if Jacks willing to give up his chips and rigs to stay take it to consideration this game is all some of us play and love to play ban those who have had alot of suspensions and such in the past but not the first offenders I'm just being real about it and the day I get banned for being real is the day hipocrocy wins

Calm like a Bomb
01-04-2017, 12:53 PM
This exploit has nothing to do with spending money on the Defiance store. If a player purchases a single season 3 code (which can only be purchased once), and then proceeds to exploit the system to duplicate that code into hundreds or thousands of free cyber rig supply crates, that is a clear exploit of game mechanics.

The egregious actions of a very few number of players have created a poor environment for everyone else, creating an unfair advantage. This exploit was not simple and took a lot of time and effort. Creating and deleting characters hundreds of times to gain free content that others have paid for, will get you banned from Defiance.

If this is the case, then yes, ban them permanently.

THE ROCKS
01-04-2017, 12:57 PM
If this is the case, then yes, ban them permanently.

But in the same sense read it again those who created characters hundreds of times some did it a few and quit ban the big offenders yes I agree the ones who were minor just strip them of their chips n generic rigs if they are bit only rigs let em keep em but strip them of chips

Fallen_Aingeal
01-04-2017, 12:59 PM
If the process it required is as Destro says, that is knowingly glitching.

Done once or ad infinitum, the ban is warranted.

Hoozah!

Ronin9572
01-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Well it stinks that future players won't be able to use the S3 codes. But I'm glad to see Trion putting their foot down about something. I'm sure the ppl that were doing this multiple times new this was a glitch and should have thought twice about it. That's the problem with ppl nowadays, they think by doing something like this on a video game there won't be consequences.

Destromathe
01-04-2017, 01:01 PM
What was this cyber rig crate exploit? Was it in the store-Defiance the TV show section, where you could purchase with real money what other players had earned from entering a code from watching episodes, such as the Omec gear ect...if it was this and people kept exploiting it by purchasing multiple cyber rig crates at a discounted price and Trion did nothing all this time til now how is it the players fault...maybe they weren't aware this was a one time purchase, it's not stated in that section and even if they did know, wouldn't it be Trions fault for not correcting the problem when they became aware of it...I don't believe they deserve an outright lifetime ban for taking advantage of Trions oversight.

No, the Season 3 code was impossible to purchase more than once. This is not about paying players purchasing something at a discounted price. I will not go into further detail as we never reveal exact details of exploits, however we have investigated this thoroughly, and found the actions of the few players who did this to be egregious enough to warrant the punishment.

Triggered
01-04-2017, 01:04 PM
I knew there was something up with the amount of cc rigs coming in the game. I reported there was something definitely amiss. I thought it was duping but now I know where they were from. Hope these people get the perma-ban.

Destromathe
01-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Hey All,

I am going to lock this thread from further discussion. The intention of the thread was to inform players of the decision, and make sure that everyone knew that the unfair advantage a few players decided to obtain via exploit would not stand in game.

I appreciate all the feedback, and rest assured that proper investigation went into this issue via logs, and a threshold was set so that players who only received a few boxes were not punished. This was only referring to the players who egregiously exploited the system.

Thank you.