PDA

View Full Version : Time Trials... "great feature".

Iulius
01-05-2017, 10:03 AM
"Great feature" if Trion want to lower the population. I uninstalled the game due to these ******ed Time Trials who blocked me to complete the pursuits and increase ego! Due to server lag and glitches these time trials are impossible to be completed.

DEATHBRINGER210
01-05-2017, 10:07 AM
you dont need to do trials or pursuits to max out you ego

Bentu
01-05-2017, 10:08 AM
This is a well discussed issue but they are achievable.

Lake Superior
01-05-2017, 10:10 AM
Uninstalled the game due to these ******ed Time Trials who blocked me to complete my pursuits and increase ego! Due to server lag and glitches these time trials are impossible to be completed.
First question: PC, or Console?
As the only real problem with PC is the hoops not drawing (Which can be solved usually by either rebooting the game if you have been on for a while; or making sure to only attempt them during low population time in whatever timezone you're in. - I have found that during special events in particular (but also during peak time) the server struggles to keep up. And some of the races will not have the hoops draw in time. This is usually worst when trying to do the longer races (With Suburban Chaos being the worst culprit. And of course it's the last race if you are doing them in order).
I do feel your pain though. As I level multiple toons on my account. -Racing is not the only Pursuit-related thing that has bugs. And when one runs into one of the myriad of bugs when trying to level it is extremely frustrating.

you dont need to do trials or pursuits to max out you ego
No. But having a major amount of ego-leveling BLOCKED because of bugs is ridiculous.
And unless one is running Patron and/or likes PvP (bleh in this game): We are talking about several hundred ego points.
Eg. My main has hit 6k, my second toon is just over 5.7k, and my third is nearly 3k. All that since starting this account in October. And without doing any PvP Pursuits.
The races are a BIG component. As not only do they tie into every zone's Pursuit completion ; they also are worth a lot of ego themselves (This adds up to what? 300 plus ego or so? Don't have the numbers in front of me).
That is a significant number that is not available to someone who has filled their ego grid and is making the final push to get over 5k, and reach 6k.

Lake Superior
01-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Dbl post sry.

DEATHBRINGER210
01-05-2017, 10:19 AM
First question: PC, or Console?
As the only real problem with PC is the hoops not drawing (Which can be solved usually by either rebooting the game if you have been on for a while; or making sure to only attempt them during low population time in whatever timezone you're in. - I have found that during special events in particular (but also during peak time) the server struggles to keep up. And some of the races will not have the hoops draw in time. This is usually worst when trying to do the longer races (With Suburban Chaos being the worst culprit. And of course it's the last race if you are doing them in order).
I do feel your pain though. As I level multiple toons on my account. -Racing is not the only Pursuit-related thing that has bugs. And when one runs into one of the myriad of bugs when trying to level it is extremely frustrating.

No. But having a major amount of ego-leveling BLOCKED because of bugs is ridiculous.
And unless one is running Patron and/or likes PvP (bleh in this game): We are talking about several hundred ego points.
Eg. My main has hit 6k, my second toon is just over 5.7k, and my third is nearly 3k. All that since starting this account in October. And without doing any PvP Pursuits.
The races are a BIG component. As not only do they tie into every zone's Pursuit completion ; they also are worth a lot of ego themselves (This adds up to what? 300 plus ego or so? Don't have the numbers in front of me).
That is a significant number that is not available to someone who has filled their ego grid and is making the final push to get over 5k, and reach 6k.

nothing is blocked .the xp bar never locks up

Iulius
01-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Played on PC. I know that I can max lvl without pursuits, but I want to complete a couple of them for fun, rewards and to level a little faster. When only one single thing, named "Time Trial" stop me to complete the entire pursuit I'm feeling very frustrated. And I play for fun and enjoyment, not to be annoyed and frustrated.

Lake Superior
01-05-2017, 10:29 AM
nothing is blocked .the xp bar never locks up
That is not the point.
XP-based leveling takes MUCH longer than Pursuit-based leveling.
XP is (now) a feature that I consider "adjunct" to Pursuits.
One uses xp to get the ego grid filled. THEN one attacks Pursuits in order to vault over 5k, and get to 6k.
Note to new players: SAVE YOUR PURSUITS UNTIL AFTER EGO GRID IS FULL. - Save as many pursuits as you can. It's ok to complete the ones that only award 5 ego; but save as many 15 and 40 ego Pursuits as possible until after you have filled the ego grid.

Played on PC. I know that I can max lvl without pursuits, but I want to complete a couple of them for fun, rewards and to level a little faster. When only one single thing, named "Time Trial" stop me to complete the entire pursuit I'm feeling very frustrated. And I play for fun and enjoyment, not to be annoyed and frustrated.
I hear you on frustration.
It would be nice to know exactly what the problem you are having with the Pursuit is though.
If it's the hoops not drawing that's on Trion.
But if it's the driving...well, not to be mean; but that's on you...and there are tips we can give.

DynastyKris
01-05-2017, 10:47 AM
"Great feature" if Trion want to lower the population. I uninstalled the game due to these ******ed Time Trials who blocked me to complete the pursuits and increase ego! Due to server lag and glitches these time trials are impossible to be completed.

Don't know about console side of things but the time trials are more than achievable on PC,
I have personally done the time trials on Gold at least 10 times each.
If you are a PC player and you are reading this I would advice waiting half a second before setting off because the first loop sometimes doesn't register if your a Speedy Gonzalez kinda guy ;)

DEATHBRINGER210
01-05-2017, 10:55 AM
That is not the point.
XP-based leveling takes MUCH longer than Pursuit-based leveling.
XP is (now) a feature that I consider "adjunct" to Pursuits.
One uses xp to get the ego grid filled. THEN one attacks Pursuits in order to vault over 5k, and get to 6k.
Note to new players: SAVE YOUR PURSUITS UNTIL AFTER EGO GRID IS FULL. - Save as many pursuits as you can. It's ok to complete the ones that only award 5 ego; but save as many 15 and 40 ego Pursuits as possible until after you have filled the ego grid.

I hear you on frustration.
It would be nice to know exactly what the problem you are having with the Pursuit is though.
If it's the hoops not drawing that's on Trion.
But if it's the driving...well, not to be mean; but that's on you...and there are tips we can give.

it only takes 25 days playing a little a day to hit 6k doing all the pursuits.

xSalemx
01-05-2017, 10:56 AM

Yup, I'll never get this one. I'm a terrible driver. XD

stoodakiss
01-05-2017, 11:00 AM

hit close to 6k twice that way when the ego cap was 5900

The Lady
01-05-2017, 11:12 AM
I actually just did the time trials on PS3. There were times when an emergency would sit right there in the way, all I did was cleared it and then did the time trial.

xSalemx
01-05-2017, 11:58 AM
The last time I tried a time trial, an Arkfall randomly spawned on me as I was driving the course and blew up my vehicle. :|

Lake Superior
01-05-2017, 12:02 PM
Hm. Well at least that confirms that Pursuit leveling alongside xp leveling (Once ego grid is full) is much faster. Thanks. - It took me a little over a month to get my first toon to 6k with the amount of playtime I have available.
Also: 25 days with a "little a day" eh?
If I do some math based on the amount required from 4200 to 6k ego alone: That equals a requirement of 72 ego per day. - Once one has filled the ego grid the xp gain is not as significant as the gains made by Pursuits.
I am running Patron, and am LUCKY if I get more than 40 ego in 2.5 - 4 hours. Understanding that I do dailies on the two top toons/run Chimera/Conflicts/Sieges. And then try to get the dailies done on my lower ego toon. If it wasn't for Pursuits my time factor would definitely impact amount of days required to hit 6k.

stoodakiss
01-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Hm. Well at least that confirms that Pursuit leveling alongside xp leveling (Once ego grid is full) is much faster. Thanks. - It took me a little over a month to get my first toon to 6k with the amount of playtime I have available.
Also: 25 days with a "little a day" eh?
If I do some math based on the amount required from 4200 to 6k ego alone: That equals a requirement of 72 ego per day. - Once one has filled the ego grid the xp gain is not as significant as the gains made by Pursuits.
I am running Patron, and am LUCKY if I get more than 40 ego in 2.5 - 4 hours. Understanding that I do dailies on the two top toons/run Chimera/Conflicts/Sieges. And then try to get the dailies done on my lower ego toon. If it wasn't for Pursuits my time factor would definitely impact amount of days required to hit 6k.

maxed out pursuits before the xp bar cap was reached on cootinator

watch the clock and the played time on the diff characters you can get 500 ego a day sometimes easily

eybZgRahaCw

KnOVGMeLMbM

Lake Superior
01-05-2017, 01:49 PM
maxed out pursuits before the xp bar cap was reached on cootinator

watch the clock and the played time on the diff characters you can get 500 ego a day sometimes easily

eybZgRahaCw

KnOVGMeLMbM
I am really unsure as to what I am watching or how this discussion is being directed.
Are y'all saying that from 0-6k is acheivable in 25 days? - If this includes wise use of Pursuits (by saving as many as possible for after ego grid is filled)) then I completely agree. As I did it on Tesla in just over that amount of time with my 2.5 - 4 hours playtime per day. And it could have been faster if I hadn't messed around between her and Lake for the first few days.
Lake is leveling a little slower due to the same problem; I am now bouncing between him, Tesla, and Kat quite a bit.
But in any case he's 5.7k now with several SV Pursuits to complete yet.
Not bad for having started on Oct. 1.

3rdpig
01-06-2017, 01:48 PM
I did the time trials for myself, my wife and her Father. I got Gold in every one although some took 5-10 attempts. They struggled with them (and honestly I doubt that they even tried that hard, just tried one or two and gave up), but I found them pretty easy. I even thought it was kind of fun when an event would spawn right in the middle. PC, mouse and keyboard.