PDA

View Full Version : Death punishment is too lenient

Chivaro
04-07-2013, 02:33 PM
For example, I did one of the story missions, I had lost my auto revive, so then when I extracted I was near enough exactly where I died in the same battle, and I'd only lost a bit of scrip. As scrip is so easy to come by anyway, this is no big deal. The punishment for failure should be harsher.

ten4
04-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Should have seen it with 5% on death, pretty much meant that no one smart carried more than 20k scrip. I have died many many MANY times in this game due to bugs so a big NO THANKS for heavy DPs. Also will mean no one is gonna help others and risk a death.

Technodude
04-07-2013, 02:52 PM
For example, I did one of the story missions, I had lost my auto revive, so then when I extracted I was near enough exactly where I died in the same battle, and I'd only lost a bit of scrip. As scrip is so easy to come by anyway, this is no big deal. The punishment for failure should be harsher.

If you want more strict punishment..delete your character and start over every time you die.

But please don't drag us down with you.

Ataraxia
04-07-2013, 02:52 PM
As much as I'd like to see a stronger death penalty I don't think implementing one is a good idea at the moment, too many people have been complaining about the game's difficulty lately.

Combat Colin
04-07-2013, 02:53 PM
I'll admit i'm torn on the subject. Losing a ship in EVE online could be soul crushing at times but the sense of danger did add to the excitement. My problem with a harsher death penalty is that it would make me less adventurous. I'd probably stop mixing up my perks, weapons and playstyles and become more one dimentional. Perhaps a better path would be to reward the players stay alive (better loot, more Xp ETC), rather than punish the ones who die.

lundwooder
04-07-2013, 02:57 PM
I'll admit i'm torn on the subject. Losing a ship in EVE online could be soul crushing at times but the sense of danger did add to the excitement. My problem with a harsher death penalty is that it would make me less adventurous. I'd probably stop mixing up my perks, weapons and playstyles and become more one dimentional. Perhaps a better path would be to reward the players stay alive (better loot, more Xp ETC), rather than punish the ones who die.

I agree
/ 10chars

Frammshamm
04-07-2013, 03:00 PM
you dont need heavy DP's just to make it more interesting. JUST FAIL THE MISSION IF YOU DIE... so stupid thhat you can chain die almost every mission. You res so close that most mobs havent even leashed back yet. Its pathetic. But honestly.. what do you expect from a game thats a clear 100% moneygrab, with not a single game system/feature that's been actually thought out.

Calicone
04-07-2013, 03:05 PM
I agree with ten4. I still have games where I die a few time from invisible enemies or slight lag issues. Until the game runs better it is not fun getting penalized for conductivity issues. I remember when I first played and the mission with Cass at the radio station I must of died 12 times from lag and lost lots of money that was not fun.

fishboy11
04-07-2013, 03:06 PM

sure for story missions that what happens, but not when you die doing any side missions or anything else, then you get sent to an extraction point

Pizzarugi
04-07-2013, 03:27 PM
If I want a more punishing death, I'll play RuneScape, Don't Starve, Faster Than Light, or Minecraft on hardcore.

mcwjimbo
04-07-2013, 03:51 PM
If you want more strict punishment..delete your character and start over every time you die.

But please don't drag us down with you.

:-)

/10 char/

Azrael008uk
04-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Well dont' get too comfortable or excited.

The game hasn't been out a solid week yet.

If we're going to get a decent lifespan out of this game then our characters are going to evolve and as they do you may very well find that the penalty for death evolves with them.

Az