PDA

View Full Version : Preference question

Corless
01-07-2017, 06:08 PM
Just as an experiment, and not as a permanent replacement, Iv been considering and wondering about the use of shield optimizers instead of damage diffusers. Due to the lack of electricity, this would make sense from a pvp standpoint, and also seeing as fire is the preferred nano currently. Just wanted to get everyone's opinions on this matter, as I'm still unsure about this experiment.
Thank you all for your time.

Princess Daisy
01-07-2017, 10:06 PM
Just as an experiment, and not as a permanent replacement, Iv been considering and wondering about the use of shield optimizers instead of damage diffusers. Due to the lack of electricity, this would make sense from a pvp standpoint, and also seeing as fire is the preferred nano currently. Just wanted to get everyone's opinions on this matter, as I'm still unsure about this experiment.
Thank you all for your time.

Hi Corless,

I've never tested the shield optimizers in PVP and I remember that at one point there were several broken chips.

Assuming the chips even work, I think the math works out better if you have the diffusers.

The way to think about it is that the diffusers work for both health (45k) and damage (31-34.5k?) for a total of 76k - 79.5k of total shield + life points. So every percentage dmg reduction from the diffusers results in 760-795 dmg reduction assuming that you took enough damage to zero out your shields and health.

By contrast, the shield optimizer values only operate on the shield value (31-34.5k) so every percentage of shield improvement only adds 310 to 345 additional cap in the same scenario.

This means if you took continuous damage, the diffusor would be more than twice as effective in protecting you as compared to a optimizer. When you take nano into account it's not as dramatic as double due to the increased use of fire nano and its health multipliers, but its still better than shield only given that a 1% increase would be identical to a 1% reduction in dmg if you were to consider taking enough damage for the shield to zero out so any health dmg reduction above that would be a benefit.