PDA

View Full Version : Here my way to balance infestor (THE best way)

Galdoblame
04-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Hello everyone,it's me again.

i played many pvp games now and i think i know what should happen to the infestor(or afflictor..anyway,you know what i'm talking about :P)

I think there a problem about them,as they range is a tad too far for the lock-on they get,+ they burst damage and DoT make them too strong in a pvp option .

here's what i think should happen to them:

- afflictor range should be reduce (not by alot...like 10%. anything between the afflictor with the highest dot but no bug (wich is way to short) and the one that spawn bug every 5 hit)
-afflictor burst should be lowered by 10%
-afflictor DoT should be lowered by 10%-15%
-afflictor bug damage should stay around the same
-afflictor bug should be kill more easier
-afflictor bug should have aoe resistance
-afflictor max stack should be increase by rougly 50%
-afflictor stack duration should be reset on it
-afflictor should spawn a bug nearly every 6 shoot instead of 5
-increase clip size to 24 instead of 20(or 18 instead of 15)
-reduce fire rate by 5%
-each roll remove a stack

that would

-Reduce the initial burst and damage of the infestor
-increase the overall damage over time of the infestor
-Increase it's viability in pve (as a secondary weapon during boss fight,since a attack reset the stack duration)
-decrease it's range

pvp side: reduce it's burst damage.
pve side: make it a better weapon in every ****in way.

Aeekto
04-07-2013, 03:27 PM
You know there are different infector which handle all different, right?

Innuculator
Incubator
Afflictor
Infector
Outbreaker
Invader
Canker
Immunizer

iīm just curious which one of them let you think they are so OP that they need some fix? or did you even play against different ones but think they are all the same?

and btw.... your ideas would make all of them useless

Galdoblame
04-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Yea,i know. but for every of them i really think it's DoT should be at least lowered in favor of higner stack that reset on hit,for a overall greater damage potentiel,but less burst.

my idea won't make them useless. it would create a nich in some gameplay type.

and the range is ,as i stated '' a tad to high'' as a whole. There 1-2 exception where the range is ,in fact,too short .

maybe my number are a tad too high,but ,i know you used to this game aeekto,and i KNOW you use infestor often. You know what i mean in many case.

specially pve side,they all useless atm,or they all have a better alternative.

Jigglypuffs
04-07-2013, 05:00 PM
If your getting killed by these a lot bring a bmg. Heal yourself. Then they can't kill you. Your suggestions are crazy bad.

Galdoblame
04-07-2013, 05:29 PM
If your getting killed by these a lot bring a bmg. Heal yourself. Then they can't kill you. Your suggestions are crazy bad.

lol,they aren't crazy bad.This isn't a qq threat,this is a balancing suggestion.

reducing they burst output to increase they DoT ,like if it could be ''crazy bad''

LOL. play them in pve,and you will understand.

nuarblack
04-07-2013, 05:29 PM
problem with Infector isn't that it kills too fast. It is that it is way easy to aim in pvp because it homes in so you can just run around all willy nilly with no trade off especially with Blur.

Galdoblame
04-07-2013, 05:34 PM
it's does kill too fast and have a little too much range. Easy aim isn't a problem : that the main weapon characteristic !

and you really need to use it in both pve and pvp to understand that it's a burst weapon,when it'S suppose to be a DoT weapon.

My DoT reduction is prolly way to high tho,i'm editing it right away

nuarblack
04-07-2013, 08:03 PM
I know the homing part is a signature hallmark of the weapon which is what makes it so tough to know what to do with it. Problem is that if you reduce the damage then it becomes worthless in pve except as a novelty item. Other weapons already shred stuff much faster so making it any weaker would make using it an intentional handy cap. Cause trust me a shotgun blast to the back of the head or getting caught in a stream of AR/LMG/SMG fire kills much quicker than the Infector. I guess you could do a reduction to player only damage. But the range is needed in pve so I hesitate to say nerf that. It works best in co-op when you infect up multiple enemies at a time so range is mandatory in order to do that. So that is why I say homing needs a nerf because as of right now the weapons that dominate in pvp are the easy to aim weapons or ones that have no real disadvantage to bunny hopping and hip firing. Maybe make it only home when you aim down your sights.

Mr Mikah
04-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Currently im using the FCC innoculator, or the five shot burst, with a low range infector and I would have to agree. Killing people in 3 hits is a little absurd expressly with a lock on gun. After playing about five matches and going 20+ each match with little to no deaths or effort for that matter I realized the gun might be a little to strong.

On another note i just got a 5 shot flare pistole that 1 shots everything in its path, so yaaaaaaaa

Galdoblame
04-07-2013, 09:05 PM
I know the homing part is a signature hallmark of the weapon which is what makes it so tough to know what to do with it. Problem is that if you reduce the damage then it becomes worthless in pve except as a novelty item. Other weapons already shred stuff much faster so making it any weaker would make using it an intentional handy cap. Cause trust me a shotgun blast to the back of the head or getting caught in a stream of AR/LMG/SMG fire kills much quicker than the Infector. I guess you could do a reduction to player only damage. But the range is needed in pve so I hesitate to say nerf that. It works best in co-op when you infect up multiple enemies at a time so range is mandatory in order to do that. So that is why I say homing needs a nerf because as of right now the weapons that dominate in pvp are the easy to aim weapons or ones that have no real disadvantage to bunny hopping and hip firing. Maybe make it only home when you aim down your sights.

why does everyone think i want to reduce it damage? i reduce it'S burst to gain a INCREASED DoT value! it'S a overall dps/DoT gain!

it would make them better ! does i express myself that bad?

Jigglypuffs
04-08-2013, 11:41 AM
why does everyone think i want to reduce it damage? i reduce it'S burst to gain a INCREASED DoT value! it'S a overall dps/DoT gain!

it would make them better ! does i express myself that bad?

Yes you do. But I still understand you completely. Maybe you should use them in PVE. TTK is only reason to use these. Slow start up dps, compared to every other gun, is made up for when that target actually dies it spawns bugs that seek and destroy the next target. If it takes so long to kill trash then you would be long dead before your huge slow dot became beneficial.

Pleeaaase keep spamming threads full of BAD. This isn't sarcasmmmmm.

Galdoblame
04-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Yes you do. But I still understand you completely. Maybe you should use them in PVE. TTK is only reason to use these. Slow start up dps, compared to every other gun, is made up for when that target actually dies it spawns bugs that seek and destroy the next target. If it takes so long to kill trash then you would be long dead before your huge slow dot became beneficial.

Pleeaaase keep spamming threads full of BAD. This isn't sarcasmmmmm.

That pretty harsh :/ , specially when you do not have a argument . Do you even know how much a 10% burst damage is? it's not that high. The gun will do way much damage,in like 2-3 sec. want me to do the mat for you?

Galdoblame
04-08-2013, 02:41 PM
You know there are different infector which handle all different, right?

Innuculator
Incubator
Afflictor
Infector
Outbreaker
Invader
Canker
Immunizer

iīm just curious which one of them let you think they are so OP that they need some fix? or did you even play against different ones but think they are all the same?

and btw.... your ideas would make all of them useless

I jutt realize what you mean by ''or did you even play against different ones but think they are all the same?''

when i did the threat,i did know that much about ALL the infestor type....and my change would effectively make some infestor worst than it should be.

like the incubator i think,that Rely on burst damage and bug instead of DoT

Aeekto
04-08-2013, 03:08 PM
I jutt realize what you mean by ''or did you even play against different ones but think they are all the same?''

when i did the threat,i did know that much about ALL the infestor type....and my change would effectively make some infestor worst than it should be.

like the incubator i think,that Rely on burst damage and bug instead of DoT

Exactly this :)
everyone of them handles absolutly different....... outbreaker for example only makes burst damage and spawns bugs on death, or the incubator dont make any burst damage, but allways spawns 2 bugs each fifth shot instead of 1 and is a long range weapon, the innuculator fires 5 shots each trigger as burst fire and spawns a bug, the canker is a CQC full automatic dot weapon, but only spawns bugs on death and the invader is a full automatic CQC weapon that spawns bugs all the time, but has lower burst damage, etc ;)
So you see there is a lot of variety and you canīt generalize the balancing

Emo Panther
04-08-2013, 03:33 PM
I honestly don't see the problem witht he infector dots. The majority of which don't even do more then 65dam. The only one I would think that your reduction was intended for would be the Canker, but that thing has the worse range out of all of them.. It's just outside of shotgun range, and it doesn't even spawn Headhumpers every 5 shots. Doesn't make much since to me tbqh

Honved
04-09-2013, 12:56 AM
lol,they aren't crazy bad.This isn't a qq threat,this is a balancing suggestion.

reducing they burst output to increase they DoT ,like if it could be ''crazy bad''

LOL. play them in pve,and you will understand.

No they are, in fact, crazy bad ideas. I can only conclude that your "THe best way" Is supposed to be ironic.

Honved
04-09-2013, 12:59 AM
problem with Infector isn't that it kills too fast. It is that it is way easy to aim in pvp because it homes in so you can just run around all willy nilly with no trade off especially with Blur.

There's this crazy new thing called cover. If you're running around all "willy nilliy" you will die, no matter what build or power. BTW when people get an insanely high kill streak that's where your hated cloak/shotty comes to stop them. How about that? Aww shucks, I know I'm awesome! You don't have to keep saying it! ;D

Honved
04-09-2013, 01:00 AM
Currently im using the FCC innoculator, or the five shot burst, with a low range infector and I would have to agree. Killing people in 3 hits is a little absurd expressly with a lock on gun. After playing about five matches and going 20+ each match with little to no deaths or effort for that matter I realized the gun might be a little to strong.

On another note i just got a 5 shot flare pistole that 1 shots everything in its path, so yaaaaaaaa

I'd have to say that's more enemy incompetency, it's good sure, but not a game winner. My buddy uses that class of weapon.