PDA

View Full Version : clan boost are they worth the $$

professor chaos69
01-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Are the clan boost really worth it you decide. We ran commandeer cronkhite on expert 4 runs with same players and same gear, 2 players with patron and 2 without. I know players are going to many comments about how this is not exact science and there are a lot of variables to make score different but it is a somewhat close idea. The average score listed is an average of players A,C,D. I know the boost for clan are only 7% but my point is does it really matter do we really get anything good for money we spent?

run #1
no clan boost average score 23392

xp&score : forge
player A 21393 : 10
player B 5000 : 10
player C 29846 : 22
player D 18939 : 20

run #2
clan boost: xp average score 22336

player A 21883 : 10
player B 5000 : 10
player C 28869 : 22
player D 16258 : 20

run#3
clan boost: xp, score average score 20150

player A 18508 : 10
player B 5350 : 10
player C 28991 : 22
player D 18952 : 20

run#4
clanboost: xp, score, forge average score 23534

player A 20379 : 11
player B 5473 : 11
player C 32281 : 23
player D 17943 : 21

LOOKxATxTHISxI
01-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Clan boosts are worthless on their own unless you are running high scoring event arkfalls. You have to combine with single/group boosts for general activities to get anything out of it. If not you are looking at 1 forge 1-2 keys difference for most daily type activity.

Altras
01-08-2017, 06:25 PM
I wish they had higher values. They're nice to have, but in reality only have an effect if it's for a week or more of ark farming.

Menetekel
01-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Arkorge Bonus right before weekly lock-boxes on Monday at contract update time is worth it. +10% for the weekly boxes works out to be about 10 extra arkforge... and I can only assume that your clan will be fairly active during the first day of the new event as well so it would be good for that as also. If each clan member got say an extra 20 arkforge a peice times say 10 clanmates that's 200 Akrforge for 135 bits... It works out to be pretty decent. Also at seiges with high scores it would be nice as well. The bonuses are equal to the amount of work that your clan members will put in during the course the bonus is active.

Riyo Chuchi
01-08-2017, 11:15 PM
In my opinion the clan boosts need a boost. As they sit now it's not worth the bits. You're just better off buying a boost for yourself.

Bentu
01-09-2017, 12:29 AM
They're not worth purchasing if the clan don't know you've bought them to make use of them.

If you do get them get a leader to mention it in the message of the day so you can get full use of them.

Otherwise you may just stand around nagging while you could be earning.

Bloodbath82
01-09-2017, 01:51 AM
They're not worth purchasing if the clan don't know you've bought them to make use of them.

If you do get them get a leader to mention it in the message of the day so you can get full use of them.

Otherwise you may just stand around nagging while you could be earning.

Not worth it at all I've paid for every single boost I could strap on to my clan and character and the most I've pulled per Co-op was 31 but that cost me over $20 so no at no point will I pay for my own **** again nor will I recommend it to anyone else:mad::mad::mad:

konstantinov
01-09-2017, 04:23 AM
Everyone knows that boosts haven't been worth it since they were changed from 24hrs constant run time to 2 hrs game time.

Bentu
01-09-2017, 05:04 AM
Not worth it at all I've paid for every single boost I could strap on to my clan and character and the most I've pulled per Co-op was 31 but that cost me over $20 so no at no point will I pay for my own **** again nor will I recommend it to anyone else:mad::mad::mad:

I don't know what I did to incur your wrath but nowhere did I say that the boosts were the best thing since sliced bread only that they're not worth buying if the clan members don't know they've been bought to make use of them.

If the return you get from them is woeful then what else is new to the game.
Nearly every purchase in the game is worded or set up to lead you astray or misleading we all know that.

Menetekel
01-09-2017, 05:53 AM
Just throwing it out there for philosophical reasons... But what about the value of doing something nice for others?

mitch00uk
01-09-2017, 06:19 AM
I don't know what I did to incur your wrath but nowhere did I say that the boosts were the best thing since sliced bread only that they're not worth buying if the clan members don't know they've been bought to make use of them.

Nearly every purchase in the game is worded or set up to lead you astray or misleading we all know that.

I got what you meant . I hate it when you comment on something and someone completely makes out you said something entirely different.

I've seen a lot of your posts and your a very helpful and valuable member of the community .

xSalemx
01-09-2017, 07:15 AM

I don't see how he was taking his wrath on you Bentu, he was speaking against the clan boost and how he regrets wasting the money on it.

konstantinov
01-09-2017, 07:17 AM
Patron pass is the only boost worth having and paying for.

xSalemx
01-09-2017, 07:18 AM
Just throwing it out there for philosophical reasons... But what about the value of doing something nice for others?

Depends who it is, some are just take, take, take! Love it when you give someone a FREE gun they say they will put to good use. Then you see them 2 mins later trying to sell it in zone chat in another phase. XD

Bentu
01-09-2017, 08:51 AM
I don't see how he was taking his wrath on you Bentu, he was speaking against the clan boost and how he regrets wasting the money on it.

Ok that maybe so but then why quote me as if replying.
Would of been better to just make a generic post.

My apologies for being uptight.

Menetekel
01-09-2017, 09:13 AM
Everyone knows that boosts haven't been worth it since they were changed from 24hrs constant run time to 2 hrs game time.

When did this happen? I just checked and it said clan boost was for 24 hours... I think maybe the group bonuses are a shorter period of time though.

01-09-2017, 10:33 AM

Pretty sure clan boosts last for 24 hours, not 2 hours like you said. I may be wrong though.

Bloodbath82
01-10-2017, 11:40 AM

Not directed @ you Bentu sorry if it seemed like an attack:cool: I just clicked the post I agreed the most with lol keep up the help for the newer players I find your posts do alot of benefit to the community

Bloodbath82
01-10-2017, 11:50 AM
Personal and group boosts go for 2 hrs clan is still 24hrs but all are very little %gains which add up to 1 or 2 more forge which isn't worth the money when you can get 1 or 2 more by just scoring higher