PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in an ammo box

01-10-2017, 10:40 AM
https://i.imgur.com/akcewqY.jpg

Missed another major... :(

Calm like a Bomb
01-10-2017, 10:45 AM
LoL, why did you miss another major? Couldn't you have tp'd somewhere near or tp'd to a friend?

Fallen_Aingeal
01-10-2017, 10:47 AM
LoL, why did you miss another major? Couldn't you have tp'd somewhere near or tp'd to a friend?

A lot of times when you're stuck like that, there is no UI to make that interaction. I missed a couple last night because of similar circumstances.

LeeLeeBelle
01-10-2017, 10:48 AM
How long does it take to switch from overcharge to decoy and get out during an ark-fall? Too long. I spent an entire NW major loading the character screen to switch, when it came up, the ark-fall was over and I was free. At least you had plenty of ammo!

01-10-2017, 10:49 AM
A lot of times when you're stuck like that, there is no UI to make that interaction. I missed a couple last night because of similar circumstances.

This ^^^
If i had tp'd in time to someone i would have probably disconnected.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-10-2017, 11:48 AM
This ^^^
If i had tp'd in time to someone i would have probably disconnected.

The lag during this event, so far, is worse than any of the others. In my opinion.

Several times, I'm not able to switch weapons, ammo up at a box, place a spike, see enemies, collect the meager drops off the ground.{Did 8 mjrs last night. Saw a total of 4 blue and 2 green drops. No purple. All white! I mean, I understand it's the "Nuclear Winter" event, but all whites? C'mon.}

LeeLeeBelle
01-10-2017, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=Fallen_Aingeal;1986204]The lag during this event, so far, is worse than any of the others. In my opinion.

This isn't just your opinion, it's obvious! So far this event is nearly unplayable.

Calm like a Bomb
01-10-2017, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=Fallen_Aingeal;1986204]The lag during this event, so far, is worse than any of the others. In my opinion.

This isn't just your opinion, it's obvious! So far this event is nearly unplayable.

I've come to the conclusion that lag during events is cyclical. Last event for me was nearly unplayable that 1st week, but this NW Event so far (fingers crossed) is running pretty smooth when it comes to lag and critting out. *Knock on wood*

LeeLeeBelle
01-10-2017, 01:00 PM
You might be right. Solstice Strike went fairly smooth for me but NW isn't working out so well. Of course it's only day two so I'm hoping it sorts itself out soon.

The Lady
01-10-2017, 01:18 PM
They should have named it the Nuclear Lag event. Most of the majors I did all I ever saw was a red arrow where the enemy should have been. It did get better right before the reset. Hoping tonight will be better and I can knock out the rest of my 50.

Bentu
01-10-2017, 01:54 PM
That's the trouble with ps3, if you're down you dare not extract in case you crit and now we find out if you're not at the event when it finishes your karma doesn't count.

The deck is firmly stacked against us.

xSalemx
01-11-2017, 02:42 AM

So you're the one that was hogging all the ammo..
I was wondering why I wasn't getting any ammo from that box

DEATHBRINGER210
01-11-2017, 03:03 AM
all i have to do is hit start . and it will free you. on ps3

01-11-2017, 03:38 AM
all i have to do is hit start . and it will free you. on ps3

I tried everything. I even died and i was still stuck in the ammo box.

PithHelmetIrath
01-11-2017, 06:48 AM

Forget the ammo crate, did you take that screen shot through a fish tank? lol

xSalemx
01-11-2017, 08:38 AM
Lmao.. reminds me of that picture of Bill Cosby using his Blur EGO Power.

Lohycore
01-11-2017, 09:28 AM
The lag during this event, so far, is worse than any of the others. In my opinion.

Several times, I'm not able to switch weapons, ammo up at a box, place a spike, see enemies, collect the meager drops off the ground.{Did 8 mjrs last night. Saw a total of 4 blue and 2 green drops. No purple. All white! I mean, I understand it's the "Nuclear Winter" event, but all whites? C'mon.}

This is my experience with Defiance so far. I should have waited to start playing until after this event. I just tried to play before coming to the forum. No go. Stuck standing there with a group of players, not being able to fill ammo or use the vendor. I hope there is no event, or promotional, or holiday, etc, after NW, that way I can try and experience the game without all of these problems.

PithHelmetIrath
01-11-2017, 09:34 AM
I hope there is no event, or promotional, or holiday, etc, after NW, that way I can try and experience the game without all of these problems.

There won't be much of a window of opportunity for you in between the events.. unfortunately, that's what passes as new in-game content these days.

Bentu
01-11-2017, 10:01 AM
This is my experience with Defiance so far. I should have waited to start playing until after this event. I just tried to play before coming to the forum. No go. Stuck standing there with a group of players, not being able to fill ammo or use the vendor. I hope there is no event, or promotional, or holiday, etc, after NW, that way I can try and experience the game without all of these problems.

Bare with it as these weapons are some of the most powerful we've seen in game and if you're starting to play now will see you through for quite a while until they get nerffed.

Light Energy
01-13-2017, 06:32 AM
Like the OP, I got stuck for the first time yesterday:

https://s30.postimg.org/rnpvvfktp/stuck_in_ammo.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/rnpvvfktp/)

I think it happened because the 'pick up ammo' animation was taking ages due to the lag (at the NW major), so I tried to change the loadout/inventory and then that locked it up.

So if you want to avoid this, you just have to wait for the ammo to be added, then move away and continue with your adventures. :)

I hope there is no event, or promotional, or holiday, etc, after NW, that way I can try and experience the game without all of these problems.
I'm glad I was able to do a lot of the storyline missions before Solstice Strike. I tried one of the main missions yesterday, and with the lag from the NW activities it was almost impossible to play.
It was (painfully) hilarious: I'd blow up a Dark Matter monitor, he would just stand there for a bit with zero health, and then just gently lie down as if he was taking a nap! :eek:

KptBomba
01-13-2017, 07:08 AM

and that why trion create decoy...