PDA

View Full Version : Which Dev thought Nuclear Winter as implemented was a remotely good idea??!

Ryan Anthony
01-10-2017, 09:18 PM
*Possibly the Trion developers in a meeting room, lol*

"Any ideas for the New Year's event? And don't say nice visual touches like lightning bolts and infector bugs. Those are SO 2014."
"Well, we could drop helicopters on them..."
"Go on."
"Bum rush them with almost every creature in known creation, and rapid firing shot pods that leave radioactive goo trails"..
"Now we're getting somewhere."
"And snow and oh, uh, make the enemies come dropping from the sky and make it last longer than any other arkfall to date"
"And make sure idiots are still able to spawn cars in the arkfall zone!"
"BRILLIANT!" *cracks open Guinness*

Bentu
01-10-2017, 09:23 PM
They do appear to be lasting long not that I've timed them mind you and there's no mods on the ground.

Ryan Anthony
01-10-2017, 09:30 PM
Out of the last handful I've seen, only one has ended without almost 20 people waiting post-disconnect at an extraction point. I'm lucky if I get through one lol

Bentu
01-10-2017, 09:44 PM
Out of the last handful I've seen, only one has ended without almost 20 people waiting post-disconnect at an extraction point. I'm lucky if I get through one lol

Don't stand in the middle of all the fighting, stand on the outskirts facing one of the burrowers and shoot whatever comes out of it.
I take it you're mid ego if you keep getting downed.

Ryan Anthony
01-10-2017, 10:22 PM
Don't stand in the middle of all the fighting, stand on the outskirts facing one of the burrowers and shoot whatever comes out of it.
I take it you're mid ego if you keep getting downed.

LOL no, 5.3k and that's not what I mean at ALL. The reason I can't is I keep disconnecting. Every time. I've even d/c'ed two seconds after phasing into a MAF. I thought the horrible levels of activity were to blame for this.

Bentu
01-10-2017, 11:24 PM
LOL no, 5.3k and that's not what I mean at ALL. The reason I can't is I keep disconnecting. Every time. I've even d/c'ed two seconds after phasing into a MAF. I thought the horrible levels of activity were to blame for this.

Oh right yes I see well with all the people and hatchling running around it'd be rather laggy I'd assume.

Lohycore
01-11-2017, 01:10 AM

I've just started playing Defiance, but I've played Rift from the beginning, Trove from open beta, and ArcheAge from founder, and they all have one thing in common; lag. There are always so many events, holidays, promotions, etc, that there is hardly ever any time for just regular play. I can't say that yet for Defiance, but the in-game chatter so far has been the same as any other Trion game; d/c, lag, crash, lag, hung on log-in screen, lag.

xSalemx
01-11-2017, 02:11 AM
Yes it's very laggy, especially first few days of an event and it was to be expected as this seems to be the norm with Trion. Only ever have lag issues on this game, every other multiplayer game I play, connection is usually pretty good. I know the lag is bad when I have friends/clanmates teleport to me and watch them shoot then crit out about 6-7 times per final as well as seeing several complaints about it in zone chat. Even I critted out when simply switching between chat logs the other day. Sometimes all you can do is stand still and hope some people call it quits for the night so you can actually play.
Was watching a Monarch literally floating on air over water about 60 feet up, it was so laggy.

A lot of people were complaining about the Arkfalls ending too quickly from prior events so I can see why they would make this one last longer. Personally, I like it this way.
Minors still end too fast though. ^_^

PithHelmetIrath
01-11-2017, 06:34 AM
I can't say that yet for Defiance, but the in-game chatter so far has been the same as any other Trion game; d/c, lag, crash, lag, hung on log-in screen, lag.

"It is what it is."

Welcome to Defiance, by the way..

Light Energy
01-11-2017, 09:24 AM
To me, NW seems rushed - just random enemies thrown together! I thought they would be connected somehow; why would these guys team up?! :D

I thought we would get mutants with yellow hazmats running around with radioactive weapons, shouting "Feel the chill of my nuclear shrill!".

Bentu
01-11-2017, 10:08 AM
To me, NW seems rushed - just random enemies thrown together! I thought they would be connected somehow; why would these guys team up?! :D

I thought we would get mutants with yellow hazmats running around with radioactive weapons, shouting "Feel the chill of my nuclear shrill!".

A while back some members asked for arkfalls with multiple enemies as this is how we saw it in our minds that everything would rush to the arkfalls for the spoils and there'd be a free for all because everyone wanted it but I guess if the ai was fighting each other they'd pay no attention to us.

They're still fun but I'd like the difficulty raised just a little more.

Light Energy
01-11-2017, 10:25 AM
A while back some members asked for arkfalls with multiple enemies as this is how we saw it in our minds that everything would rush to the arkfalls for the spoils and there'd be a free for all because everyone wanted it but I guess if the ai was fighting each other they'd pay no attention to us.
I see - that does seems like a plausible scenario. :) Would be nice if the blast pods injured/dazed the afflicted/biomen! Would be great to see monarchs from different factions battling it out too.

For a brief time it seemed like I was the only player present (just before restart) and I was totally overwhelmed! It's hard to shoot anything when you have 3 monarchs, grenadiers, gunners, afflicted, blast pods all going for you. :eek: And with only a few players present, I would often get incapacited with one hit from a blast pod and kept tp-ing back...8 downs I think :( Higher EGO players had similar down counts.
I've never seen a threat level of 11 before ;)

Dragone
01-11-2017, 11:50 AM
I've never seen a threat level of 11 before ;)
To my knowledge this is the first time threat level 11 has been used. It has made the mobs far stronger and nearly immune to all damage. I've heard people say they wanted the AF to last longer so they can get a higher score. Problem is they last longer now but you do less damage and therefor get a lower score.

DEATHBRINGER210
01-11-2017, 11:56 AM
To my knowledge this is the first time threat level 11 has been used. It has made the mobs far stronger and nearly immune to all damage. I've heard people say they wanted the AF to last longer so they can get a higher score. Problem is they last longer now but you do less damage and therefor get a lower score.

the 1st mm came out with threat 11

Omega Maximus
01-11-2017, 12:10 PM
They took forever and just in steps to release the Synergy. This is a synergy that we would all love to have on a BR, and det.....but, no BR, no Det.....we get a lacking AR, 2 ****ty reskinned snipers that we all know...and a Vanity Pack with a TACC and not vehicle??!! Really??!! This event was promoted as being something special....well, it isnt!! And if this is the sign of what is to come in 2017, then I will be leaving the game and this platform shortly!!

Bentu
01-11-2017, 01:31 PM
They took forever and just in steps to release the Synergy. This is a synergy that we would all love to have on a BR, and det.....but, no BR, no Det.....we get a lacking AR, 2 ****ty reskinned snipers that we all know...and a Vanity Pack with a TACC and not vehicle??!! Really??!! This event was promoted as being something special....well, it isnt!! And if this is the sign of what is to come in 2017, then I will be leaving the game and this platform shortly!!

Can I have your gear?

THE ROCKS
01-11-2017, 01:42 PM
lol pull out the bmg and heal for point.... thats how i get by toothpick in controller and bmg away i even bmgd in the xmas warmaster made a clanny crit out once..... i thought it was rightfully funny but efficient

Bentu
01-11-2017, 01:52 PM
lol pull out the bmg and heal for point.... thats how i get by toothpick in controller and bmg away i even bmgd in the xmas warmaster made a clanny crit out once..... i thought it was rightfully funny but efficient

I could be wrong but from what I've read the bmg doesn't cause stability issues.
It's more than likely he dashboarded because of the blinding blue hue which many find annoying especially in low pop instances.

I too use a bmg to score for forge and keys at event arkfalls (position on score board means nothing to me) but only use it once everyone renders out.
That way there's just a faint blue glow.

THE ROCKS
01-11-2017, 01:55 PM
I could be wrong but from what I've read the bmg doesn't cause stability issues.
It's more than likely he dashboarded because of the blinding blue hue which many find annoying especially in low pop instances.

I too use a bmg to score for forge and keys (position on score board means nothing to me) but only use it once everyone renders out.
That way there's just a faint blue glow.

you use a bmg in that Warmaster hes gonna phase right out... i saw it after i started using it and events are mainly infectors cause of the bugs.... but they are laggy in general where the Warmaster is just sensitive

Sevrin
01-11-2017, 02:28 PM
I appreciate the thought and effort that was put into several aspects of this event in response to many player requests over the years:
1. Multiple enemy types.
2. Good syn.
3. Decent JPs.
4. Chance to earn fair amount of AF (longer ark falls).
5. Nice Nuclear Winter effects.
6. Rad themed event.

But, I am very sorry to say, for me, the lag has been so bad it has taken away any joy of playing. It's sorta like getting a new car with a bunch of great features but the thing won't start and you can't drive it anywhere. I'm wondering if the devs have any idea how bad the lag really is? The whole dev team should jump in-game during a prime time event Ark Fall and experience it. You all would probably never come back. Really, you all should figure a way to fix the lag so the players can enjoy your thoughtful work.

Johnny Dbag
01-11-2017, 02:35 PM
A big +1 Servin. This event is really sweet, and a really good idea, but the lag is ruining it. Hopefully it will sort itself out in the next couple weeks, because as far as events go, this is one of the most fun to play, when you can see anything.

W84IT
01-11-2017, 02:53 PM
I appreciate the thought and effort that was put into several aspects of this event in response to many player requests over the years:
1. Multiple enemy types.
2. Good syn.
3. Decent JPs.
4. Chance to earn fair amount of AF (longer ark falls).
5. Nice Nuclear Winter effects.
6. Rad themed event.

But, I am very sorry to say, for me, the lag has been so bad it has taken away any joy of playing. It's sorta like getting a new car with a bunch of great features but the thing won't start and you can't drive it anywhere. I'm wondering if the devs have any idea how bad the lag really is? The whole dev team should jump in-game during a prime time event Ark Fall and experience it. You all would probably never come back. Really, you all should figure a way to fix the lag so the players can enjoy your thoughtful work.

^^^^ this,all of this,if a pc player has this kind of issues now imagine us console players,between mount tam,madera and marin (triangle of bermudas as i call it) its impossible to do a major event arkfall without getting booted.