PDA

View Full Version : Shrilltech blast rifle underpowered?

yurei
01-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Hello I don't know if someone posted something like this before or an explanation was given for the shrilltech blast rifle poor stats. I recently got the shrill tech br for December, before buying the pack I researched on forums and asked many shrilltech br owners what where their opinions on the weapon, basically all the answers where the same its a good weapon just not that strong. First thing I thought was its probably a great weapon because of the synergy, but oh was I wrong the layout I use the br on is a sentinel rig giving 1.07 damage and sunderer keystone with critical mass and iron clad expedition shield giving me 10% damage with the superiority synergy now 1.10 mastery damage and the br is full T4 modded bio converted high capacity magazine with power bore etc, the power bore is 1.09 damage. Now that's a lot of damage multipliers and the final tally with the weapon being supreme is 2090x3 not bad crossed the 6000 damage per shot range but its a weapon you basically pay real money for,other br like the extermination protocol, until death, DCII piper, chaos, supernova, misanthrope, are all almost on the same level but you didn't pay money to directly buy these weapons, so why is the weapon you didn't gamble to win is on such a low power ban. The skin on the weapon looks awesome I'll compare it to the piper or just under it great detail (my opinion), but if I'm paying for a skin on a low stat weapon sell the skin alone I'll pay for that if the price is reasonable. I'm not saying I wasted my money buying the pack I'm just saying for a weapon you but directly it should have been stronger, also I don't know if the volge has an invisible armor plate or something of the sort but damage numbers aren't consistent with the stats of the weapon standing abt 30 feet away from the volge and the damage numbers are reading 1201 and the br is 2090 and critical hits are reading 1709 and sometimes reaches 2090 not I don't know how the calculator works in defiance but if a weapon is producing 2090x3 and the synergy has 10% crit on it supposed to be 2299 at 30 feet and no armor plates on the enemy.

Also would like to know if there will be a rework on the shrilltech br and the biohazard perk virulent instead of 15% armor plate penetration replace with 15% damage on biohazard attacks like every other nano perk

Omega Maximus
01-11-2017, 12:17 PM
i concur...I have this BR and it is severely lacking and the points brought up by the OP are valid.

Logain
01-11-2017, 01:05 PM
Hello I don't know if someone posted something like this before or an explanation was given for the shrilltech blast rifle poor stats. I recently got the shrill tech br for December, before buying the pack I researched on forums and asked many shrilltech br owners what where their opinions on the weapon, basically all the answers where the same its a good weapon just not that strong. First thing I thought was its probably a great weapon because of the synergy, but oh was I wrong the layout I use the br on is a sentinel rig giving 1.07 damage and sunderer keystone with critical mass and iron clad expedition shield giving me 10% damage with the superiority synergy now 1.10 mastery damage and the br is full T4 modded bio converted high capacity magazine with power bore etc, the power bore is 1.09 damage. Now that's a lot of damage multipliers and the final tally with the weapon being supreme is 2090x3 not bad crossed the 6000 damage per shot range but *its a weapon you basically pay real money for,other br like the extermination protocol, until death, DCII piper, chaos, supernova, misanthrope, are all almost on the same level but you didn't pay money to directly buy these weapons, so why is the weapon you didn't gamble to win is on such a low power ban. The skin on the weapon looks awesome I'll compare it to the piper or just under it great detail (my opinion), but if I'm paying for a skin on a low stat weapon sell the skin alone I'll pay for that if the price is reasonable. I'm not saying I wasted my money buying the pack I'm just saying for a weapon you but directly it should have been stronger, **also I don't know if the volge has an invisible armor plate or something of the sort but damage numbers aren't consistent with the stats of the weapon standing abt 30 feet away from the volge and the damage numbers are reading 1201 and the br is 2090 and critical hits are reading 1709 and sometimes reaches 2090 not I don't know how the calculator works in defiance but if a weapon is producing 2090x3 and the synergy has 10% crit on it supposed to be 2299 at 30 feet and no armor plates on the enemy.

Also would like to know if there will be a rework on the shrilltech br and the biohazard perk virulent instead of 15% armor plate penetration replace with 15% damage on biohazard attacks like every other nano perk

*First all the Shrilltech BR is NOT a Jackpot and those named BRs are in fact Jackpots with the Jackpot bonus which inherently make them 11-15% better depending on what DPS metric you use.

**Yes the Volge have an inherent damage resistance. So do several enemies in fact. But this means just about every gun will produce damage numbers different than card numbers.

The major issue with the Shrilltech BR is the type of use it has. It works great at both proccing electric because of its Electric nano, high rate of fire and 3 pellet shot. It also, procs the [4] syn bonus on pretty much first contact adding an additional 7% damage output that is not seen on the card.

It does stack up well to an unpaired Chaos.

Shrilltech BR (http://i.imgur.com/PhQuu11.png?1) vs Chaos (http://i.imgur.com/92JBfST.png)

Now the DMG, Fire rate and Mag rolls are the same.
So the Chaos's JP bonus of +5% DMG and +5% Fire Rate ~ +11% DPS.

So the Shrilltech BR needs to make up a ~11% DPS hole.

But the Shrilltech [2] Syn bonus is 10% Fire Rate and then gets almost immdeiately [4] 7% DMG for approximately ~+17.7% more DPS.

So compared to an unpaired Chaos the Shrilltech BR is actually ~6.7% better.
Now the paired Chaos (with one of the Pandemonium Shields or Order) ends up being ~8.3% better than the Shrilltech.

And if you were to calculate Crit DPS the paired Chaos and the Shrilltech BR it gets closer to only a ~3.3% edge to the Chaos because of synergy.

So is the Shrilltech worth the money??? That is for others to decide but at the time it was originally released it was very comparable to the JP BRs that were out there at the time.

I would recommend leaving the Shrilltech BR as electric and bring out only to wreck havoc to all the shield based enemies.

Menetekel
01-11-2017, 01:54 PM
I'll be looking for this weapon bundle the next time it comes out.

Jackpots receive and inherent JP bonus of +5% accross the board: Firerate, damage, reload, mag, crit... A number of the weapons you're comparing it too also have a +Damage as part of the synergy also. So you're roughly -15% damage on the card list. The 4th part of the syn won't be on the card, but it also applies to other players hitting the same target. Most people don't like Crit on a blast-rifle but me personally I love it. I would perfer reload instead of mag on the weapon but again that's personal preference. So taking into consideration the fact that you have no damage roll in the synergy and no JP bonus on the weapon... I think the numbers are where they should be for this particular weapon. Once I get one I can do a list of the damage comparison but you can feel free to use this calculator https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jQ3RDXcpUeNbhh__EdBIY5833roBbY8j0vcm8OdnH14/edit#gid=4 to compare your various weapons along the lines of DPS SDPS and CrSDPS respectively.

I will throw this out there also... with the 4th syn proc'd in an expo group you would see +28% damage from your expo group (7%x4 members) and in WM you would see an output of 24x7 or +168% damage from the group as it applies to other people damaging the same monster that you have proc'd the damage buff on. So it's not really under-powered it's simply more of a support weapon benefiting the rest of the group similar to a Wetwork's syn shield procing on shield break. I personally think the best comparison would be to a standard Spinal Tap BR and see how those numbers stack against one another.

It does have an awesome looking skin though either way! Can't wait to get mine.

***Corrected from 10% Bonus for Jackpots down to 5%!

yurei
01-11-2017, 02:46 PM
*First all the Shrilltech BR is NOT a Jackpot and those named BRs are in fact Jackpots with the Jackpot bonus which inherently make them 11-15% better depending on what DPS metric you use.

**Yes the Volge have an inherent damage resistance. So do several enemies in fact. But this means just about every gun will produce damage numbers different than card numbers.

The major issue with the Shrilltech BR is the type of use it has. It works great at both proccing electric because of its Electric nano, high rate of fire and 3 pellet shot. It also, procs the [4] syn bonus on pretty much first contact adding an additional 7% damage output that is not seen on the card.

It does stack up well to an unpaired Chaos.

Shrilltech BR (http://i.imgur.com/PhQuu11.png?1) vs Chaos (http://i.imgur.com/92JBfST.png)

Now the DMG, Fire rate and Mag rolls are the same.
So the Chaos's JP bonus of +5% DMG and +5% Fire Rate ~ +11% DPS.

So the Shrilltech BR needs to make up a ~11% DPS hole.

But the Shrilltech [2] Syn bonus is 10% Fire Rate and then gets almost immdeiately [4] 7% DMG for approximately ~+17.7% more DPS.

So compared to an unpaired Chaos the Shrilltech BR is actually ~6.7% better.
Now the paired Chaos (with one of the Pandemonium Shields or Order) ends up being ~8.3% better than the Shrilltech.

And if you were to calculate Crit DPS the paired Chaos and the Shrilltech BR it gets closer to only a ~3.3% edge to the Chaos because of synergy.

So is the Shrilltech worth the money??? That is for others to decide but at the time it was originally released it was very comparable to the JP BRs that were out there at the time.

I would recommend leaving the Shrilltech BR as electric and bring out only to wreck havoc to all the shield based enemies.

Thank you very much Logain, seeing it was in a bundle I came to the automatic assumption is was a JP weapon now knowing its not I understand why is a low stat weapon, as for electric nano suggestion is good but I really don't like it electric feels lil powerless once enemies shields are broken even with the 5% to health epic roll.

Ned Kelly
01-11-2017, 06:20 PM

Jackpots receive and inherent JP bonus of +5% accross the board: Firerate, damage, reload, mag, crit... A number of the weapons you're comparing it too also have a +Damage as part of the synergy also. So you're roughly -15% damage on the card list. The 4th part of the syn won't be on the card, but it also applies to other players hitting the same target. Most people don't like Crit on a blast-rifle but me personally I love it. I would perfer reload instead of mag on the weapon but again that's personal preference. So taking into consideration the fact that you have no damage roll in the synergy and no JP bonus on the weapon... I think the numbers are where they should be for this particular weapon. Once I get one I can do a list of the damage comparison but you can feel free to use this calculator https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jQ3RDXcpUeNbhh__EdBIY5833roBbY8j0vcm8OdnH14/edit#gid=4 to compare your various weapons along the lines of DPS SDPS and CrSDPS respectively.

I will throw this out there also... with the 4th syn proc'd in an expo group you would see +28% damage from your expo group (7%x4 members) and in WM you would see an output of 24x7 or +168% damage from the group as it applies to other people damaging the same monster that you have proc'd the damage buff on. So it's not really under-powered it's simply more of a support weapon benefiting the rest of the group similar to a Wetwork's syn shield procing on shield break. I personally think the best comparison would be to a standard Spinal Tap BR and see how those numbers stack against one another.

Pretty sure that an extra 7% damage is just an extra 7% not multiplied. Have 24 people doing an extra 7% damage against a target is 24 (current dmg) + (7% nano). Not 7 * 24 for 168% dmg.

Otherwise, like the gun. Hard to find mods for.

Menetekel
01-11-2017, 07:22 PM
24 people all doing 7% extra damage is and extra 168%... obviously they're not all getting +168% damage buff but combined for 24 people each with +7% the number is correct. I didn't say it stacked it was mostly just an example of how useful and powerful the weapon was as a support weapon.

Altras
01-12-2017, 02:43 AM
I swapped my shrill to fire, does a decent amount more with syn+dmg to health bonus

Omega Maximus
01-12-2017, 03:05 AM
I swapped my shrill to fire, does a decent amount more with syn+dmg to health bonus

I was also considering converting mine to another nano...I was thinking bio, rad or fire. Your point about fire is welll taken...now if I could only find a epidemic fire converter!

Altras
01-12-2017, 03:35 AM
I was also considering converting mine to another nano...I was thinking bio, rad or fire. Your point about fire is welll taken...now if I could only find a epidemic fire converter!

Goodluck, took me a few weeks xD

Decoy303
01-12-2017, 06:20 AM
You got it right. It's a support weapon. I would use it to infect and switch to a weapon that will allow you to kill your target while it's infected to keep those shrill bugs populating and infecting other targets to keep that damage effect being attacked.

yurei
01-12-2017, 11:10 AM

I had an incendiary converter on it not synergy though is was really working well but I got a bio converter mag with the synergy cant complain but still would like and incendiary converter for it.

Canobis
01-13-2017, 10:18 PM

The Shrilltech Blast Rifle isn't a Jp. it's lacking that bonus. I made mine supreme and it's still lacking in being effective. Definitely not my go to gun. Fun to shoot the ground with though, so there's that.