PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Mastery

Johnny Dbag
01-11-2017, 01:29 PM
Ok, so i know the event and jps are the current hot subject. However, can something be done about weapon masteries? I know a few of the less desired ones were deprecated, however it is extremely frustrating to roll the same undesired mastery 4 or 5 times and still not get the one you are after. I know many have asked for this before, but im throwing it out there again. Any way we can sweet talk you devs into having the masteries not roll twice until all have cycled through once? To prevent getting -40% reload while standing still, resetting, getting 35% crit when crouched, resetting, and getting -40% reload while standing still again? It makes the weapon crafting very frustrating and un enjoyable. Re mastering a gun 10+ times and still not getting desired roll is aggrivating. I recently gave away a t6 Bio CE br after re mastering 15 times and not getting a decent mastery.

THE ROCKS
01-11-2017, 01:34 PM
typically that happens.... never really knew them to give a decent mastery right off the rip usually loads of garbage masterys sometimes ill get 1 remaster get another remaster again and get the one i had 2 remasters ago.... thats lame it really shouldnt be that way but eh it is what it is take it as it comes

Bentu
01-11-2017, 01:35 PM
I've pulled 2 oj ars from thus event so far and liking them to be honest, one I got xp crit on but the other was movement speed.

No just no. Why change any of the old ones to movement speed.

No use to me at all.

W84IT
01-11-2017, 01:37 PM
Ok, so i know the event and jps are the current hot subject. However, can something be done about weapon masteries? I know a few of the less desired ones were deprecated, however it is extremely frustrating to roll the same undesired mastery 4 or 5 times and still not get the one you are after. I know many have asked for this before, but im throwing it out there again. Any way we can sweet talk you devs into having the masteries not roll twice until all have cycled through once? To prevent getting -40% reload while standing still, resetting, getting 35% crit when crouched, resetting, and getting -40% reload while standing still again? It makes the weapon crafting very frustrating and un enjoyable. Re mastering a gun 10+ times and still not getting desired roll is aggrivating. I recently gave away a t6 Bio CE br after re mastering 15 times and not getting a decent mastery.

i rolled the dice around 30 times to get dmg mastery on my t6 comet,so i agree 100% with you.

Johnny Dbag
01-12-2017, 10:19 AM
Selfish bump, hoping others will chime in and maybe devs will take this into consideration.

konstantinov
01-12-2017, 10:25 AM
When mastering a gun it should go through every possibility before a duplicate mastery can be rolled.

Sevrin
01-12-2017, 01:40 PM
When mastering a gun it should go through every possibility before a duplicate mastery can be rolled.

Totally agree. Only fair way it should be.

yurei
01-12-2017, 05:35 PM

100% agree with this but wait the weapon is in our inventory right that makes the weapon ours to own in game, rerolling a weapon is hard enough all with the forge cost of legendary and supreme rolls recently brought down to a more "suitable" range but you got to spend large amounts of forge just to get one specific bonus you desire on YOUR weapon.

If your using a weapon to get xp points for it to be a better weapon I think you should be able to select which bonus you want on it e.g like a perk on ego chart if that sounds too unfair for the devs just fix the bonus to only roll once and not repeat x16 times over because that's not fun its annoying.

Charapoo
01-13-2017, 06:33 AM
I personally like the move speed roll for pretty much everything except a min/max boss fight like WM. Even in expo's I'd rather have move speed than damage for the boss fights.

If they are weighting the masteries to make dmg rolls less likely, I do think that is BS..It's not cheap to re-master a T5 or T6.

clubside
01-13-2017, 11:15 AM
You realize the data that would have to be collected and stored for every weapon in the game ever created, right? It may seem trivial for a linked table with a single bit to represent each previous roll, but it adds up quickly since every weapon created would get at least one entry in the table to represent the pre-determined initial mastery.

Taking this to absurd lengths, why not every lockbox track every weapon you've ever received and its rarity to avoid duplicated until you've cycled through everything?

It's RNG. I loathe many of the masteries (I don't understand how anyone would want movement speed, standing still or while crouched ones) but if RNG is changed in one aspect of the game, seems pretty unfair not to apply it everywhere which would be a data nightmare in a sense and just be anoither aspect of RNG for people to complain about.

konstantinov
01-13-2017, 11:17 AM
You realize the data that would have to be collected and stored for every weapon in the game ever created, right? It may seem trivial for a linked table with a single bit to represent each previous roll, but it adds up quickly since every weapon created would get at least one entry in the table to represent the pre-determined initial mastery.

Taking this to absurd lengths, why not every lockbox track every weapon you've ever received and its rarity to avoid duplicated until you've cycled through everything?

It's RNG. I loathe many of the masteries (I don't understand how anyone would want movement speed, standing still or while crouched ones) but if RNG is changed in one aspect of the game, seems pretty unfair not to apply it everywhere which would be a data nightmare in a sense and just be anoither aspect of RNG for people to complain about.

You realize weapons are already tracked right? Defiance mechanics is nothing but tables and dice anyways

clubside
01-13-2017, 11:56 AM
You realize weapons are already tracked right? Defiance mechanics is nothing but tables and dice anyways

Of course, probably in a flat table. To track a history or rolls either additional encoded fields would have to be added or a linked table (with potentially additional details if this concept were applied to rarity rolls as well). Ultimately the data part isn't much of a burden but it is work. The ultimate question is why should this one aspect of RNG get an exception?

Verga DeFuego
01-13-2017, 02:27 PM
.... The ultimate question is why should this one aspect of RNG get an exception?

Good point. I think the idea isn't that this should be an exception, but that pure RNG should be depreciated throughout the game. This could include Karma Jackpot drops (no more getting 3 of the same JP in a row), mods (no more getting 15 melee buttstocks and no useful AR mods), opening an Elite Lock Box and getting two of the exact same weapon, etc.

Bentu
01-13-2017, 04:57 PM
While mastering the jp repeater I just got I rolled movement speed.
Now I know someone could come up with an argument where that could be beneficial but come on Trion you were supposed to be getting rid of the cdap masteries.

Johnny Dbag
01-13-2017, 05:52 PM
Yeah, i agree bentu, thats the reason for starting the post. Trying to roll a reload mastery on a gun and getting reload while standing still 3 times and crit while crouched three times along with others multiple times and still not getting reload is just wrong.