PDA

View Full Version : we would have had patch earlier if there wasnt console versions

ArcTJ
04-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Console is draging pc down. Here are reasons

- we would have had proper chat, better mmo typical chat, instead of bored mic chay that never work
- we would have had things fix sooner because dev can actually deploy patch anytime they want without paying money like console. deploying patch on console cost like 50,000 $ from what i heard. They need to plan it wisely, or they wasted money otherwise
- we would have had better option to customize, for example, fov adjustment, crosshair color. In depth graphic setting, miuse sensitive on both natural and aim sensitvity.

Everything is ruined for pc. They tend to target broader audience with console. They optimized many points for console (aim assist on pc wtf)

FYI console sucks
We would have had better, proper version of the gameee

fishboy11
04-07-2013, 02:49 PM
well they are out to make money, but each system uses its own servers, so they could have tweaked the games features for each one

ArcTJ
04-07-2013, 02:50 PM
I wish there was modding happens in this game fps view would be totally awesome

UsuallyDope
04-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Cry more OP. qq-kachoo

Disarmonia
04-07-2013, 03:07 PM
That's the future of gaming, catering to the people that cant afford to build good computers. Which is the only logical business route to take unfortunately because there's more people with consoles then good computers. Computer games are going to continue to degrade.

Quirky
04-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Well I believe updates to the voice and such will be rolled out on the 15th (or somewhere around that with their next "large" patch) so fingers crossed it fixes some much needed issues.

BigBubba
04-07-2013, 03:21 PM
How much money has been made from the consoles? How much more money is there to be spent on the game including the pc version.

Evilution
04-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Here we go, this happened all the way through DCUO.

Jestunhi
04-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Isn't the big patch coming when the first episode of the TV show airs?

I don't see how the console version caused the TV show to air on the 15th April...

Evilution
04-07-2013, 03:26 PM
People seem to forget, having consoles adds extra income, which in turn adds to game also.

Nextic
04-07-2013, 03:30 PM
I dont knock the DEVs for doing this, more exposure = more money and more money = more resources for the game.

But I too am sad that we have to share this amazing game with console peasants.

boosted gear
04-07-2013, 03:34 PM
A lot of people dont want to have to build a pc or upgrade one regulary and maintain a pc as a gaming system. The average person doesnt want to roll back, update or test specific drivers to troubleshoot probelms. Alot of people probably wouldnt know how to and would be scared of the process. And thats why they turn to consoles they have set specs you put the shiney disc in and you even have a pad to play on its easier and cheaper as always its swings and round abouts its an ambitious project over three platforms we all have to give and take console players have to get used to things pc players are familiar with and pc players have to deal with things console players are used to.

Im not sure about the consooe holding the patching up i have read contradicting posts some claim trion dont have to pay for a patch released on xbox other say they do. I think the fact its over three platforms means to keep it inline over them all means a little more work and planning which takes a little longer.

PsychoHistory
04-07-2013, 04:15 PM
I dont knock the DEVs for doing this, more exposure = more money and more money = more resources for the game.

But I too am sad that we have to share this amazing game with console peasants.
But I too am also sad that some people don't want to share this game with everyone regardless of what platform they play on.

I honestly find this whole console peasants and PC gaming master race thing kind of dumb as a whole. But honestly why do most game developers make games multiplatform? The answer is money and more resources to create more dlc, patches, and keep the servers running up.