PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Trion what is going on??

Ronin9572
01-13-2017, 07:56 AM
I have had my fair share of hard freezes and dc's over the years, but this is ridiculous! Having 1-4 dc's every hour and 1 or 2 hard freezes as well. The worst part is alot of these are happening right as the majors are ending and all the crystals are exploding so I'm wasting alot of time since I'm not getting awards. You can say this is on my end till your blue in the face, but this is absolutely rubbish cause I'm not having issues with any other game and this is happening to many ppl at the same time. Maybe let's take a little money this game is generating and put it to new servers? It's time for this Trion!!

Johnny Gatt
01-13-2017, 08:16 AM
I hard froze 3 times after majors this morning. Defiance is only game this happens. My Xbox experience has been much better on Defiance. Usually the Xbox version has more lag than ps3, but this event seems lag is worse on ps3 as well as the higher rate of hard freezing.

Bentu
01-13-2017, 08:52 AM
I hard froze 3 times after majors this morning. Defiance is only game this happens. My Xbox experience has been much better on Defiance. Usually the Xbox version has more lag than ps3, but this event seems lag is worse on ps3 as well as the higher rate of hard freezing.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

Ronin9572
01-13-2017, 10:09 AM
So Trion you see others are having this issue as well. Just on one toon alone I have lost 3 majors today and 7 others since the event began. Thats 20 points towards the event pursuit that I would have been done by now on that toon. JS

PithHelmetIrath
01-13-2017, 01:40 PM
You can say this is on my end till your blue in the face, but this is absolutely rubbish cause I'm not having issues with any other game and this is happening to many ppl at the same time.

"Absolute rubbish", you are 100% correct.. unfortunately, I don't see things changing anytime soon seeing as how this has been a issue with the game since 2013.

And yet, people still like spending tons of dough in the bit store. SMH

KptBomba
01-13-2017, 01:51 PM
Many synergies with many difrent mods/rolls/mastery in 1 place
Every next event willbe more bad
Server must load all and send to players
To much for it

Ronin9572
01-13-2017, 02:24 PM
"Absolute rubbish", you are 100% correct.. unfortunately, I don't see things changing anytime soon seeing as how this has been a issue with the game since 2013.

And yet, people still like spending tons of dough in the bit store. SMH

I totally appreciate ppl spending money on this game since I am unable atm. But boy if i had patrons or was spending serious cash here I'd be irate! While money is precious to Trion, my time is precious to me...

RKZX2
01-13-2017, 07:11 PM
i'm sorry. but the level of incompetence is of epic proportions here. if you can't do it right, don't do it at all. you have all these events, new syns, but you can't fix the lag & dc's. but you don't have any problem taking our money though. terrible business practice. just sayin'

Celldweller
01-14-2017, 12:03 AM
the crits and lag are bad as ever on xbox na. happens right before mjrs end and sometimes just standing there. huge lag spikes here and there also and mjrs with enemies either frozen in place or not appearing. it's very bad.

Gaige12
01-14-2017, 08:19 AM
people still like spending tons of dough in the bit store. SMH

This is why Trion has no incentive to address THEIR server issues.

Ronin9572
01-14-2017, 09:13 AM

This exactly!

VVinch
01-14-2017, 10:10 AM
I believe that this event and the number of people it has brought has surpassed the capacities of trion's devs, making them look and fall below expectations.

It's just my pinion.

Lake Superior
01-16-2017, 06:44 PM
I believe that this event and the number of people it has brought has surpassed the capacities of trion's devs, making them look and fall below expectations.

It's just my pinion.
The problems that are in this event have existed since the game launched (to varying degrees).
The maintenance and upkeep crews just don't have time to do anything except bolt on another shiny thing in the attempt to keep the wallets open.

hempman
01-16-2017, 07:15 PM
http://cdn.defiance.com/defiance/img/forum/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Destromathe http://cdn.defiance.com/defiance/img/forum/buttons/lastpost-right.png (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?p=1877403#post1877403)
I can assure you that we care deeply about Defiance.

The problems that are in this event have existed since the game launched

OneBadClown
01-16-2017, 08:05 PM
Each event is worse.They want you to buy,nothing
gets fixed.The end is near

Lake Superior
01-17-2017, 08:30 AM
Which is why I call BS every time someone defends their "right to make a profit".
You should only be making a profit if your product is well made.
But that hasn't been the way the market works since...Reagan.

PithHelmetIrath
01-17-2017, 09:28 AM
Each event is worse.They want you to buy,nothing
gets fixed.The end is near

*fingers crossed*

Moring
01-17-2017, 10:10 AM
The end is near

if I'd get a loyalty point whenever I hear this, I could purchase half of the JP's store. people say it but it will not happen anytime soon. rest assured as long as the game is profitable, it will run.

Ronin9572
01-17-2017, 03:47 PM
*fingers crossed*

Lol too funny

Menetekel
01-17-2017, 03:59 PM
You can say this is on my end till your blue in the face, but this is absolutely rubbish cause I'm not having issues with any other game and this is happening to many ppl at the same time.

You know the inherent flaw in Defiance is that because of the way it's designed you have a number of players (200+) in some instances converging on one smaller specific area (not to mention mobs). I've been trying to rack my brain to think of another game where this is the case and have am at a loss to try to come up with a comparable example of swarming. I know you have seiges, and coops, and pvp matches (these matches are usually on a much larger sized area then the major Final area) where a number of people are all together in one place at a time but I can't think of a siege in any game where more then say 64 people would be there at any given time. The ghosting that occurs to limit strain on servers and connections was a great implementation to help with the issue but in the end when the final completes the game has to render in everyone and send there location and movement data to every person there. It's simply a huge overload of data transfer all at one time and the paths for data transfer on the WWW are at times few, tiny and limited. Maybe they could implement an explosion at the end of arkfalls that sends everyone flying away from the final area like they do with the dark matter monolith finals? Just a further distance to declog that data pool being transferred.

Ronin9572
01-17-2017, 04:21 PM
Nah no more silly tricks. They need new servers, bottom line. We all know that won't happen, their kicking this dead horse and milking this cash cow dry! They'd rather put the money they make here into useless games. JS

mitch00uk
01-17-2017, 04:24 PM
Call it a dead horse by all means however there servers lagging because of the amount of users playing. And a fair amount is spent by players. So is it really such a dead horse. or one that is neglected and in need of loving care.

hempman
01-17-2017, 04:25 PM
you should discuss the limitations of the systems themselves.
like,i think the ps3 and x-box only go what 50 maximum rate upload speed?
and the ps3 has some form of architecture that makes it literally crash because of data log packing up and dropping

these were all well known issues when this game was developed btw.
you have to then ask and answer why they released the game anyways.
seeing as its 2017,and no fixes,no customer requests have been done since? Kiwi left,i believe.
( correct me please if im wrong )
and all they focus on monthly is cash grabs,that should answer the question.

speaking of open world games,heres an interesting vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R83d3v9Yp2w

Menetekel
01-17-2017, 04:25 PM
They'd rather put the money they make here into useless games. JS

Just because you don't like those games doesn't make them useless. I used to play trove and would imagine it makes more money then Defiance based off of the size of there player base and the way there trade system is set up. Haven't tried the other games but I'd imagine the players of those games like them as much as we like Defiance... they probably consider Defiance to be the useless game. JS

Ronin9572
01-18-2017, 04:10 AM
Just because you don't like those games doesn't make them useless. I used to play trove and would imagine it makes more money then Defiance based off of the size of there player base and the way there trade system is set up. Haven't tried the other games but I'd imagine the players of those games like them as much as we like Defiance... they probably consider Defiance to be the useless game. JS

Ok so what I said was a little harsh. But it comes from frustration with Trion and a love for Defiance.