PDA

View Full Version : Selecting multiple items quickly for trading

Light Energy
01-15-2017, 07:13 AM
I feel like I already know the answer to this question :eek::

Is there a way to quickly add weapons etc for trading?

Or is the only way:

On the main trade screen, choose “Add Item”.
On the inventory screen, maybe move to the top and sort the list (e.g. by name).
Scroll, scroll, scroll...
Select item to add.
Go back to step 1 and repeat for each item you want to add to the trade.

I just feel (as I’m sure others do) it would be a lot easier if you could do a multiple selection from the inventory screen (something like the way you can do a multiple selection of files in Windows using ctrl and shift).

PS: I’ve only just created an alt for inventory management and it seems a bit longwinded to shift a large quantity of mods to my mule.

As always, thanks in advance for any replies.

xXxDSMer
01-15-2017, 03:57 PM
only way is scroll down and pick one item at a time.
PC's actually got it easy on that part. Can grab the scroll bar and drag it down. For console it really should be one of the two up&down controls moves that scroll bar instead of scrolling down every individual inventory item... like joystick moves that scroll bar and dpad scrolls each item as it currently does. Although the dpad would have to be made to jump to the top of the current view after moving the scroll bar down with the left joystick

Light Energy
01-16-2017, 03:59 PM
Thanks for confirming my suspicions, xXxDSMer.
I actually use an XBOX controller on my PC, so I haven't tried the mouse (I've found it buggy because I would often have to double-click buttons before they responded).
I suppose trading is also quite restricted because there is a limit of 10 (I think) items per trade. I've also thought they could have a separate mod list to make inventory management easier. The more I play the game, the more ideas I have for changes to improve it :-).

01-16-2017, 04:09 PM
only way is scroll down and pick one item at a time.
PC's actually got it easy on that part. Can grab the scroll bar and drag it down. For console it really should be one of the two up&down controls moves that scroll bar instead of scrolling down every individual inventory item... like joystick moves that scroll bar and dpad scrolls each item as it currently does. Although the dpad would have to be made to jump to the top of the current view after moving the scroll bar down with the left joystick

Almost everything in defiance is easier on pc.