PDA

View Full Version : Let's be honest. Who is close to quitting?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Nevzat
04-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Just wondering if anyone suspects that they will soon quit the game? I feel like i'm playing a single player game and that my actions have no effect on others.

A big part of investing time into a MMO for me is to try to be the best, and perhaps recognised for it. This game has a real lack of anything keeping me in, and anything to aim for. I think that's the key point I am dissapointed in - in every other mmo (almost) you will see someone with an awesome glowly item, an amazing looking mount, or something else to distinguish them. In Defiance, everything looks bland, nothing as of yet has stopped me in my tracks and thought "wow, what is that? I want one.."

Am I alone in my thinking, or does anyone else feel like the game was released way too early before they implemented key milestones.
I don't even bother upgrading my passive points, they are so marginal and dull with absolutely nothing exciting. The environment is dull and bland, for a futuristic game with bugs roaming around the technology is bland and the atmosphere is bland. Take a look at Anarchy Online where you have amazing structures, flying cars, things that make you go Wow.

Overall, I really wanted to enjoy Defiance but sadly if i'm being realistic I don't think i'll play much longer.

Thanks for reading, your thoughts are encouraged

Technodude
04-07-2013, 02:53 PM
When i bought this game i bought it to have something to play on weekends. For my main MMO needs i have Eve Online. So i can quit and always come back whenever i feel like.

Defiance is another average shooter among many and good fun for few hours.

lundwooder
04-07-2013, 02:55 PM
I like it but my gaming background is pretty much just shooters so I enjoy running round killing things

Tenbears
04-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Yea, I pretty much agree. This game lacks "ALL" of the key ingredience of an MMO.

ExpiredLifetime
04-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Kudos for being the first person to not go and flame the game too excessively.
I encourage you to hold off making the definitive choice to quit for at least until after the show airs and the new episodes are patched into the game. Make your judgement then, that's when the game begins what it was intended to do.

fishboy11
i dunno if i'll quit, but i am definetly getting bored quickly with doing the same things over and over again, so i will at the very least take a break until they add more content and tweak things.

i agree that the game feels like it was released too early, it just doesnt have enough to it, and what it does have are just the same things you are expected to do over and over again

Merrin Nightbringer
Without meaning to offend....

Here's the thing I think you, and a LOT of other people complaining on this board, are missing: This game is going to rocket forward once the show gets under way. The Dev team has already alerted us to upcoming major patches (8 PAGES of patch notes!), and have alluded to a DLC sometime within the next several months.

The idea behind the game right now- as far as I can tell- is to get people familiar with everything. If there is one thing Rift taught me about Trion, it's that they don't skimp on content. Without having any insider details, I can make an educated guess and say, there is a ton of good stuff coming.

Daholic
04-07-2013, 02:58 PM
well, my 2 friends quit, they decided under water basket weaving was more interesting than defiance (jk)..but nahh they quit a few days ago and manage to get a nice trade in price. My cousin quit yesterday and im done probably in a few days. its not my cup of tea...and i even played the beta so i guess that makes me alil stupid for actually buying this worthless dumbed down excuse of a shooter..mmo style might i add

Nosada
i see a lot of potential that needs to be developed properly. i'll stick with it and wait to see what happens.

Jeronan
I think it's the Whole patching cycle limitations that will slowly kill this game.

Due to the console patching limitations (validation procedures by Sony and Microsoft) TRION seems not being able to release more than one Client patch every 2 weeks or so.

Especially the PC Version can use a hell lot of patching now! And we are stuck until after the 15th before we get the first real Client patch!
That means, for example, we are not getting any working chat system until then. Worse, if that patch is not going to fix it, we will have to wait two more weeks for the Next one!

Lot of People will get fed With the waiting and the "inability" to communicate With others long before then and quit the game!

And that's just one of the many major issues plague'ing this game currently! /shrug

With every platform having their own servers.... I am just baffled why they cannot patch the PC Version more frequent and seperately!

I am not talking about content patches.... as that I would understand! But bugfixes and optimization patches shouldn't be tied together and have every platform waiting for the other! :confused:

Nevzat
04-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Well I get your point Merrin, but will the content we get the same as we've got thus far? Will there be new features implemented or just new missions? I Do not play games for the story but for the world i'm in, the design and style and the core gameplay.

The gameplay IS fun don't get me wrong - shooting is satisfying and so is killing, but I just don't feel there is enough to do. It really is a strange game

fishboy11
04-07-2013, 03:02 PM

Here's the thing I think you, and a LOT of other people complaining on this board, are missing: This game is going to rocket forward once the show gets under way. The Dev team has already alerted us to upcoming major patches (8 PAGES of patch notes!), and have alluded to a DLC sometime within the next several months.

The idea behind the game right now- as far as I can tell- is to get people familiar with everything. If there is one thing Rift taught me about Trion, it's that they don't skimp on content. Without having any insider details, I can make an educated guess and say, there is a ton of good stuff coming.

well if they do add a bunch more content, and i mean actual real content like more map areas and storyline and different scenery and different types of arkfalls and dynamic events, and not just the more of the same with just different monsters thrown into the same stuff, and also i dont want to have to pay for it since i believe the game should have had way more content to start, then i will be happy and content with my purcahse

Deviliusrift
We will see on the promised "April 15th" Patch.. if major bugs aren't still fixed (rollbacks, missing equipments, bugs in pursuits).. also with Neverwinter online on the horizon (april 30th)... cant see myself playing after that..

ExpiredLifetime
Well I get your point Merrin, but will the content we get the same as we've got thus far? Will there be new features implemented or just new missions? I Do not play games for the story but for the world i'm in, the design and style and the core gameplay.

The gameplay IS fun don't get me wrong - shooting is satisfying and so is killing, but I just don't feel there is enough to do. It really is a strange game
They intend to add more map space, more questlines, etc. This game was always meant to be a third person shooter with RPG elements in an MMO setting, not an MMORPG with shooter combat.

Sludge
04-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Wait and see what happens on the 15th when the show starts. The game is still plenty fun for me and I a pretty hyped for the show to start. I'm dying to know what will happen in their interaction.

duction
04-07-2013, 03:04 PM
this is a MMO not a mmorpg.. you guys expect it to be all cod or all eve style mmorpg.. dont let the door hit you on the way out :)

fishboy11
04-07-2013, 03:05 PM
They intend to add more map space, more questlines, etc. This game was always meant to be a third person shooter with RPG elements in an MMO setting, not an MMORPG with shooter combat.

they really should make that info more available for people to see if that is their intention so that so many people arent getting frustrated

fishboy11
04-07-2013, 03:05 PM
this is a MMO not a mmorpg.. you guys expect it to be all cod or all eve style mmorpg.. dont let the door hit you on the way out :)

what does cod have to do with mmorpg's, cod is closer to this game than eve is.

ExpiredLifetime
04-07-2013, 03:06 PM
they really should make that info more available for people to see if that is their intention so that so many people arent getting frustrated
It is readily available on the dev tracker. Anyone can go click and read what they've posted.

Jeronan

This game currently doesn't even have any real RPG elements! DEFIANCE is currently no different than say Call of Duty or Battlefield.

Dinova
what does cod have to do with mmorpg's, cod is closer to this game than eve is.
I think he mean COD as shooter (from FPS), but i think better saying would be:

This aint Borderlands, this aint Eve. Dont expect the game to be like that.

Night Stalker
04-07-2013, 03:07 PM

This. I am hoping that this happens. I like the game so far it has a good start or "foundation" Hopefully they can only make it better it would seem.

duction
04-07-2013, 03:07 PM
im saying its not just one or another, and people expect it to be just one as that is what they have come from playing,

Frammshamm
04-07-2013, 03:08 PM
the game as a multiplayer game is just TERRIBLE. there is not ONE working multiplayer feature thats been well thought out. That being said.. im sitting at 1200 ish ego on my main and im done. All i do now is bunnyhop in pvp on an alt and wait for new episode missions/storyline missions. The story is great, the show will be good.. But both will be gone in less than a year. For the game i will not lament. Trion made a money grab and got lots of people to buy a piece of garbage. The show however will most likely be cancelled after the first season.. like most other good syfy shows. Then Trion will be left with hands smelling of dog **** when they have a game thats based off of a failed TV series on a crappy network.

Dwane
04-07-2013, 03:09 PM
The Dev team has already alerted us to upcoming major patches (8 PAGES of patch notes!)

No wonder with sooooo many bugs, glitches and fails that brings porting from console.

Jeronan
04-07-2013, 03:10 PM
the game as a multiplayer game is just TERRIBLE. there is not ONE working multiplayer feature thats been well thought out. That being said.. im sitting at 1200 ish ego on my main and im done. All i do now is bunnyhop in pvp on an alt and wait for new episode missions/storyline missions. The story is great, the show will be good.. But both will be gone in less than a year. For the game i will not lament. Trion made a money grab and got lots of people to buy a piece of garbage. The show however will most likely be cancelled after the first season.. like most other good syfy shows. Then Trion will be left with hands smelling of dog **** when they have a game thats based off of a failed TV series on a crappy network.

Yup... SyFy (and lots of other film studios) have been very good at canceling good shows and keep crap "reality" shows running! /Facepalm

fishboy11
04-07-2013, 03:11 PM
if they do like people are saying and release a true content update on the 15th, and then add content on a regular basis after that, that means free content, because i abhore dlc's (they are usually overpriced and not worth, a true expansion pack i would pay for but not dlc's) then i will be happy and the game will probably do ok, its not a bad game at all it just needs more content and some tweaks, the ganme can work on its own without the TV show, it will just need a lot of content updates

ExpiredLifetime
This game currently doesn't even have any real RPG elements! DEFIANCE is currently no different than say Call of Duty or Battlefield.
Really now? So you're saying Borderlands had no RPG elements then, since that's the closest comparison that can be made to this game currently.
What do you classify as a "real" RPG element then?

binx
Its an MMO and they all start similarly slow like this, which sucks. But I like the game and find it enjoyable doing things. Maybe you that are complaining are coming from just a COD background and have no experience with the PC MMO style. Im not sure yet. I agree a lot of things seem unfinished but they are getting better, they have patched it a few times already. Trion supports their products which is nice and make some cool stuff to do, not Pandas. They do need to improve the mounts that you get and let you differentiate the gear more for more individuality and create that "must have" drive. I would like a better skill tree style or good weapons that drop from bosses. But that will come soon enough. If not the future only holds quad and dodge dealerships with a million cloned people that only shop at the same GD store.

Mindfix
I really haven't had a chance to dive into the game as much as a lot of people have(250 ego). If you're a hardcore mmo gamer though i can kind of see that there may not be enough content yet.

snakelives
Time for Trion to show us their cards. All the fan boys keep saying there s a ton of content coming, Trion please give us a trailer,patch notes, screen shots, etc....

ExpiredLifetime
04-07-2013, 03:12 PM
if they do like people are saying and release a true content update on the 15th, and then add content on a regular basis after that, that means free content, because i abhore dlc's (they are usually overpriced and not worth, a true expansion pack i would pay for but not dlc's) then i will be happy and the game will probably do ok, its not a bad game at all it just needs more content and some tweaks
The DLC will be free. The paid portion of it will be vanities - like new races, vehicles, weapons, etc. Again this is all on the dev community page.

ExpiredLifetime
04-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Time for Trion to show us their cards. All the fan boys keep saying there s a ton of content coming, Trion please give us a trailer,patch notes, screen shots, etc....
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/05/theme-of-day-3-dont-do-the-same-thing-over-and-over-and-expect-different-results/

"On that note, giving you more insight into today and some indication of what’s coming up.

Huge client patch coming – Client patches are very risky to deploy so we employ a more rigorous testing process before we distribute them. We can very easily revert a server patch. Depending on testing and certification, we should see that around the 15th, hopefully sooner, possibly later. It currently has 8 pages of patch notes, listing fixes and improvements."

Poor Greedo
04-07-2013, 03:13 PM
what is wrong with people? is no one happy with anything anymore? games been out a week...show hasnt even aired yet ffs

fishboy11
04-07-2013, 03:14 PM
The DLC will be free. The paid portion of it will be vanities - like new races, vehicles, weapons, etc. Again this is all on the dev community page.

thats good to know, thats how i agree things should be, as long as the vanity stuff is only skins for things and not increased stat wise over normal stuff

Drall
The game has only been out a few days and there is no sub fee so just give it some time. They clearly wanted to get it out for the prelude to the show.

Relax and have fun.

Todeswulf
I'm having fun personally and so is most everyone I'm playing with (which is a considerable number) it's pretty laughable all the prophets of doom....I see the same guys on every other MMO screaming the same thing, they never actually leave though they just spend their days pissing and moaning on the forums.

fishboy11
04-07-2013, 03:15 PM
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/05/theme-of-day-3-dont-do-the-same-thing-over-and-over-and-expect-different-results/

"On that note, giving you more insight into today and some indication of what’s coming up.

Huge client patch coming – Client patches are very risky to deploy so we employ a more rigorous testing process before we distribute them. We can very easily revert a server patch. Depending on testing and certification, we should see that around the 15th, hopefully sooner, possibly later. It currently has 8 pages of patch notes, listing fixes and improvements."

hmm that doesnt mention any new content actually just fixes and improvements

Jeronan
04-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Really now? So you're saying Borderlands had no RPG elements then, since that's the closest comparison that can be made to this game currently.
What do you classify as a "real" RPG element then?

Borderlands had progression. This game doesn't!

Just mindlessly grinding EGO is just getting boring and unlocking some feat skills is really the only progression this game has and it won't take long before you got the best feats unlocked you want.

The Whole weapon system and it's itemization is a joke! As I got a ton of non-EGO or lowlevel EGO green/blue weapons sitting in my Inventory, while vendoring away one crappy high EGO Purple weapon after the other... even with so called synergy mods!

Evilution
04-07-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm not close to quitting, but the negativity that this game has been getting atm can't be healthy for it. Never known an mmo where people say there isn't enough for them to do in the first week before. I'm playing in moderation atm and really enjoying it, would like to see more interaction socially, an improves chat system would help this immensely.

ExpiredLifetime
04-07-2013, 03:17 PM
hmm that doesnt mention any new content actually just fixes and improvements
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?25200-There-will-be-no-more-content!&p=243797&viewfull=1#post243797

You're more than capable of clicking the Dev Tracker section of the forums, this is the last thing I'm going to link for people. The information is there and easily accessible, you just have to be willing to look.

fishboy11

Just mindlessly grinding EGO and unlocking some feat skills isn't progression.

The Whole weapon system and it's itemization is a joke! As I got a ton of non-EGO or lowlevel EGO green/blue weapons sitting in my Inventory, while vendoring away one crappy high EGO Purple weapon after the other... even with so called synergy mods!

ego doesnt seem to make any difference at all to weapons from what i can tell, i dont even know why the ego number is next to some of them

snakelives
what is wrong with people? is no one happy with anything anymore? games been out a week...show hasnt even aired yet ffs

dude the game 60.00. Not cool.

Todeswulf

Will it really matter?

They could drop an five terabyte content patch, and the ones who are crying will continue to cry as soon as they spend a hundred or so hours straight consuming it.

They will never ever be satisfied or happy, they can't be because the real game to them is forum drama, it's oh so much more satisfying to them than any game ever could be.

ExpiredLifetime
04-07-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm not close to quitting, but the negativity that this game has been getting atm can't be healthy for it. Never known an mmo where people say there isn't enough for them to do in the first week before.
Just about every MMO has this happen. Its been happening since I started with the launch of SWG over 10 years ago.

UberHaxorNova
04-07-2013, 03:18 PM
God damn people complain so much now just watch the show starts up this game will change entirely weekly updates adding new content and features also most likely expanding the map and being able to go into the city and stuff give it time. Games only been out for 5 days and you guys are already talking about quitting haha get real and have some patience.

BigBubba
04-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Game isnt even a week old? Bet u lasted less in wow... first day im not level cap this sucks I quit who wants my 10 gold?

Evilution
04-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Just about every MMO has this happen. Its been happening since I started with the launch of SWG over 10 years ago.I know there is always a lot of complaining about things at the start (well all the way through the lifespan of a game), but I never personally seen this much complaining about lack of content in the first week before.

Todeswulf
04-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Just about every MMO has this happen. Its been happening since I started with the launch of SWG over 10 years ago.

Yep had the same doom cries in UO, EQ, EQ II WoW..etc etc.

it's all BS; as horrible as FFXI and Champions Online are just log into their games, tons of folks running around and in CO's case buying lockbox after lockbox on the C store. But those games are dying yesiree bob, any day now they will shut the servers down.

Dooom, fail, angst!!!! :rolleyes:

I know there is always a lot of complaining about things at the start (well all the way through the lifespan of a game), but I never personally seen this much complaining about lack of content in the first week before.

You should have been around for the launch of SWG and EQ II.

LOL

ExpiredLifetime
04-07-2013, 03:23 PM

Just mindlessly grinding EGO is just getting boring and unlocking some feat skills is really the only progression this game has and it won't take long before you got the best feats unlocked you want.

There is progression. Its just not in the same sense that every other game has had it.
You have varying rarities of mods, innate modifiers on weapons, etc. I can promise you that the difference in stats on a weapon that has full blue mods on it and those which don't is pretty great. Matter of fact, I'll just show you.

http://puu.sh/2vU84
This is the Assault Rifle that you're given for completing the current episode. Note the mods on it and what they do.

Chivaro
Yes I can only go so long with an inability to communicate with others. That's my main issue with the game. If it's not fixed with the 15th April patch, then I don't know what I'm going to do.

Apacz
There are some lacks, but i like this game and there is really A lot OF space for DLCs and patches to do game better, i think if we ll support this game, one time it could be awesome :) And it also depends on develope team :)

fishboy11
04-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Will it really matter?

They could drop an five terabyte content patch, and the ones who are crying will continue to cry as soon as they spend a hundred or so hours straight consuming it.

They will never ever be satisfied or happy, they can't be because the real game to them is forum drama, it's oh so much more satisfying to them than any game ever could be.

thats not true at all, i just expected more content, and if i get it with the big patch i will be happy.

the opposite could be said about fanboys, they will be happy even if they are spoonfed ****

Rainman
04-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Yea, I pretty much agree. This game lacks "ALL" of the key ingredience of an MMO.

Massively, multiplayer, online.....seems to tick all the boxes

fishboy11
04-07-2013, 03:26 PM
God damn people complain so much now just watch the show starts up this game will change entirely weekly updates adding new content and features also most likely expanding the map and being able to go into the city and stuff give it time. Games only been out for 5 days and you guys are already talking about quitting haha get real and have some patience.

the problem is that most people arent aware of this, they should have stated this plainly on their homepage

duction
04-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Massively, multiplayer, online.....seems to tick all the boxes

+1 .................

ExpiredLifetime
04-07-2013, 03:28 PM
the problem is that most people arent aware of this, they should have stated this plainly on their homepage
They did in the description of the game.

thats not true at all, i just expected more content, and if i get it with the big patch i will be happy.

the opposite could be said about fanboys, they will be happy even if they are spoonfed ****
I am completely happy with the game, minus the bugs and god-awful UI. But I did my research into what I was buying, so I knew ahead of time what I was getting into.

fishboy11
its not really that massive actually, i'm hoping that will change tho

Zraxus
honestly the OP makes a good point. In fact one of the main draws for me was i saw this in the making in Beta. there is nothing to be hardcore about. i am personally very happy with that. there are plenty of other mmos to get all serious about. this is agame to play when u just wnat to have fun.

also without that hardcore element there will be less hardcore players. WOOT! as much as i like to get down and dirty in some games and do the whole leaderboard chase, i do get tired of the non-stop name calling, finger pointing whiners.(not saying the OP is one.) so if this game does end up being without those kind of players, itll be all the better for it.

Pillz
04-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Its just starting to wear down my patience.

The only way to get good gear is to use the ark fall chest.
The only way to open the arkfall chest it to grind the codes or Master Card.

Getting 65 codes in PVE takes hours.
Apparently its faster in pvp games; but I cant get into a pvp game without getting dropped from the server.

Swoopster
04-07-2013, 03:33 PM
You seem to want a lot....
You want this game to give you everything....
You want great glowing items that look uber fantastic, and all wow like....this isn't wow....
You want to be recognized blah, blah blah....this game is less than a week old....
You want, you want, you want....but I'm guessing you haven't even explored the full aspects that the game already delivers....

So while you may quit, I'll soldier on...I'm not a fickle gamer...I'm a real gamer....

ExpiredLifetime
04-07-2013, 03:34 PM

Apparently its faster in pvp games; but I cant get into a pvp game without getting dropped from the server.
Drive around, do the roadsides. I can get 75 codes in less than an hour just crushing things with my Duni.

Disarmonia
04-07-2013, 03:35 PM

Personally I wouldn't go for lock box 4 you can get three lock box 3's for the price of one lock box 4. That's 9 Items compared to 4. Also deconstruct random gear you find green/blue weapons. It really helps towards getting Key-codes.

Cthulu
04-07-2013, 03:42 PM

True, its only been out a week not even that really, however after 3 days I've completed the main story and episode missions (and about 1/4 of the side missions). Do I feel like I got my money's worth? As it stands right now, hell no. The first episode of the show doesn't air for another 8 days. So now I spent all this money for a game that I can't find a reason to log in to for another 8 days? No other MMO have I ever felt that after 3 days I've finished the game, so yes, I feel I have every right to complain with the state of the game as is.

I purchased this game with the expectation of the world changing with the episodes, which I thought would be an interesting idea. Though the current content is not there to keep a hard core gamer such as myself interested until the show actually launches. Perhaps they should have launched the game closer to the air date? Or perhaps they could have added more content to keep people interested until the air date.

People say Trion supports their games, and they did such a great job with Rift, ect. Well I played rift for a few months and got pretty bored with that game due to lack of content, so maybe I should have waited on this game to see if it will sink or swim. However I, like so many people, had high hopes for this game, that we feel are falling far short of our expectations.

Swoopster
04-07-2013, 03:47 PM
True, its only been out a week not even that really, however after 3 days I've completed the main story and episode missions (and about 1/4 of the side missions). Do I feel like I got my money's worth? As it stands right now, hell no. The first episode of the show doesn't air for another 8 days. So now I spent all this money for a game that I can't find a reason to log in to for another 8 days? No other MMO have I ever felt that after 3 days I've finished the game, so yes, I feel I have every right to complain with the state of the game as is.

I purchased this game with the expectation of the world changing with the episodes, which I thought would be an interesting idea. Though the current content is not there to keep a hard core gamer such as myself interested until the show actually launches. Perhaps they should have launched the game closer to the air date? Or perhaps they could have added more content to keep people interested until the air date.

People say Trion supports their games, and they did such a great job with Rift, ect. Well I played rift for a few months and got pretty bored with that game due to lack of content, so maybe I should have waited on this game to see if it will sink or swim. However I, like so many people, had high hopes for this game, that we feel are falling far short of our expectations.

But all your "expectations" can't be met within a few days of the game being out.

You expect a lot.....you demand even more.

In all honesty, you might be a "hardcore" gamer but like so many others...you're coming off as a whiner more than anything.

Todeswulf
04-07-2013, 03:49 PM

Actually yes it is true....I was around when SOE dropped their largest patch ever in EQ II, literally hours of content, an entirely new way to advance..it was about ten megs shy of their last paid expansion..three days later the same old whines popped up from the same crybabies. it happened again in SWG, in WoW and in LOTRO. You may indeed be happy with a big patch, but the majority who are screaming about content (because they have spent the last 120 hours living in game) won't.

Also Classifying anyone who doesn't agree with the manifesto of doom is myopic. I have no horse in this race, not a big Defiance fan (I'm speaking of the TV series) not a huge Borderlands or even FPS fan..this game was gifted to me, and I'm having fun. It isn't my life or my reason for being, nor do I spend eighteen hours a day "beating" it. It's a nice diversion and I would have gladly paid my sixty for it had I known.

I simply think the doom-crying is more ore less pathetic and more than likely agenda based, because I have seen many of the same folks here crying on other forums doing the exact same thing, saying the exact same thing. I don't want another warning so I won't post the links.

I just think a lot of the outrage is mock outrage, and I have no trouble pointing it out.

Cthulu
04-07-2013, 03:52 PM
But all your "expectations" can't be met within a few days of the game being out.

You expect a lot.....you demand even more.

In all honesty, you might be a "hardcore" gamer but like so many others...you're coming off as a whiner more than anything.

When I spend over $150 on a game (DDE and Season Pass) then I have every right to have my expectations met. I'm not asking for the world delivered on a silver platter. I'm not asking for the game to get up and wipe my *** when I'm done in the bathroom. I am asking and expecting a game to keep me entertained for more then a couple of days. If that's too much to ask, then I guess I should just get a refund and find something else to play.

Ozzalin
04-07-2013, 03:54 PM
As long as it doesn't end like ridiculous titles like swtor and STO where all the devs are doing is releasing zillions of 10$ special random packs of crap, or locked chests with 20$ keys you have to buy in the micro store... I'm ok and i'll stay.

I'm cool when it comes to micro store, IF if stays items, cosmetics and boosts only, i have no problems with that, but having to buy locked stuff or packs of cards 10 000 times in a row only to get one chance out of a million getting a rare?...No thx.

For the rest, the game is good, and i'll be patient waiting for more.
After all, it is a free game, and no monthly fees to pay soooo why quitting when you can just keep it installed, and come back later to see if Trion added more content you know? Doesn't cost you a dime to do that seriously.

Rebellius555
04-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Im playing this game quite a lot recently. Honestly, sometimes it feels boring. All the quests are almost the same "Activate this, activate that, kill this and that". There is just a small amout of things to do for now. Honestly I was thinking about quitting the other day for just 5 min. I decided to stay as I kinda enjoying this game. There is a lot of potential in this game and so I putmuch trust in this game. If they screw up and let me down, Im afraid I gonna trade this game in.

Personally, I recommend to keep this game at least till the end of April. It was released just a few days ago. Even World of Warcraft had many issues in the beginning, but they managed to fix things and attract more players.

Another
04-07-2013, 03:57 PM

A "cod" style MMORPG? CoD is the polar opposite of an MMO.

Frankly, I'm sick of pretentious internet prowlers who refer to every game as being "bad" like CoD or calling people "CoD-kiddies". Yes, we all know CoD is basically the same thing every year. Personally, I hate the franchise and every CoD after WaW, but I don't go around mocking people who enjoy the game. The anti-COD bandwagoners are just as bad if not worse than the pro-COD bangwagoners these days. If you don't like the game, just STF* about it, no one cares.

Todeswulf
04-07-2013, 03:59 PM
When I spend over $150 on a game (DDE and Season Pass) then I have every right to have my expectations met. I'm not asking for the world delivered on a silver platter. I'm not asking for the game to get up and wipe my *** when I'm done in the bathroom. I am asking and expecting a game to keep me entertained for more then a couple of days. If that's too much to ask, then I guess I should just get a refund and find something else to play.

So I'm adding up the content, looking at average time to beat the PVE game from some pretty hardcore gamers I'm not counting the PVP, time trails or coop maps..you are actually expecting a refund because you lived in the game for three days? (Unless you're Walshy or Nadeshot you did don't say otherwise.) And you jumped and bought a season pass on your'e own accord without actually knowing if this game was for you.

Mmmm entitled much? You made your own choices as most adults do, the game didn't meet your over inflated expectations, use that as a learning experience.

fang1192
04-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Im playing this game quite a lot recently. Honestly, sometimes it feels boring. All the quests are almost the same "Activate this, activate that, kill this and that". There is just a small amout of things for now. Honestly I was thinking about quitting the other day for just 5 min. I decided to stay as I kinda enjoying this game. There is a lot of potential in this game and so I putmuch trust in this game. If they screw up and let me down, Im afraid I gonna trade this game in.

Give me an original quest idea that cannot be boiled down to escort, protect, activate, kill, or survive.

Technodude
04-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Give me an original quest idea that cannot be boiled down to escort, protect, activate, kill, or survive.

Only basic underling idea is same of escort, kill, protect etc doesn't mean it has to be mind numbingly boring. GW2 does a pretty good job of making these tasks a lot more interesting and fun.

A far as Defiance goes i can not even listen to voice of EGO implant while doing side missions. I mute the game. That is how annoyingly repetitive it is. And the bad voice acting doesn't help either.

StormShadow
04-07-2013, 04:05 PM
The thing that is making me think it needed more time in the oven is all the issues it has now. Some of these were issues in beta and were reported but are still there. I say this having as of now been unable to get into the game for three days with server unavailable issues and time outs. So I will probably go do something else for a whiel and maybe come back after the show airs to see if they have any of the game breaking bugs fixed.

Todeswulf
04-07-2013, 04:07 PM
LOL really?

"Help I'm being dynamically attacked by the same Centaurs that attacked me twenty minutes ago!!!!" :rolleyes:

And the Voice acting in GW2 is laughable, I'm talking cheesy sophomore drama club laughable.

Only basic underling idea is same of escort, kill, protect etc doesn't mean it has to be mind numbingly boring. GW2 does a pretty good job of making these tasks a lot more interesting and fun.

A far as Defiance goes i can not even listen to voice of EGO implant while doing side missions. I mute the game. That is how annoyingly repetitive it is. And the bad voice acting doesn't help either.

Cthulu
04-07-2013, 04:07 PM
So I'm adding up the content, looking at average time to beat the PVE game from some pretty hardcore gamers I'm not counting the PVP, time trails or coop maps..you are actually expecting a refund because you lived in the game for three days? (Unless you're Walshy or Nadeshot you did don't say otherwise.) And you jumped and bought a season pass on your'e own accord without actually knowing if this game was for you.

Mmmm entitled much? You made your own choices as most adults do, the game didn't meet your over inflated expectations, use that as a learning experience.

Over inflated huh? You can purchase any single player rpg or strategy game (which at most will run you 60$) and have twice the content you'll find in this one in its current state. Even without the season pass it was still $100 (yes, I got the season pass because I had high hopes for this game), and just because you're a dullard willing to settle for little return on your money, doesn't mean that I have to be. So please, get off your high horse and stop acting like you're the authority on what constitutes realistic expectations of a game. Its my money that was spent, and I have the right to have any expectation from my purchase as I wish, realistic or unrealistic, however none of it is for you to judge.

Rebellius555
04-07-2013, 04:08 PM

Chase down, race, trail, steal (without killing).

Todeswulf
04-07-2013, 04:11 PM

That is no more exciting or original than what we're doing.

Technodude
04-07-2013, 04:13 PM
LOL really?

"Help I'm being dynamically attacked by the same Centaurs that attacked me twenty minutes ago!!!!" :rolleyes:

And the Voice acting in GW2 is laughable, I'm talking cheesy sophomore drama club laughable.

Yes really. Atleast, they made an effort in GW2 to spice things up. I will take that kind of system over robotic voice telling you to kill, fetch and collect x or y over and over and over again.

Todeswulf
04-07-2013, 04:15 PM
So basically you are resorting to name calling and throwing a tantrum because you feel cheated?

Good luck with that.

Over inflated huh? You can purchase any single player rpg or strategy game (which at most will run you 60$) and have twice the content you'll find in this one in its current state. Even without the season pass it was still $100 (yes, I got the season pass because I had high hopes for this game), and just because you're a dullard willing to settle for little return on your money, doesn't mean that I have to be. So please, get off your high horse and stop acting like you're the authority on what constitutes realistic expectations of a game. Its my money that was spent, and I have the right to have any expectation from my purchase as I wish, realistic or unrealistic, however none of it is for you to judge.

finesthops
04-07-2013, 04:16 PM
i am giving it some time. the way the story is for the planet, the lack or flying cars and all that fits in very well. read up on the lore and you will see why. the show will give more insight into it too im sure when it comes out.

i agree though that the lack of exciting rare weapons is somewhat bad....i did always like getting all this rare stuff and looking totally badass with this that took real skill to get. I am thinking though that as more DLCs come out, there will hopefully be more like this. Hell, when WoW came out you didnt see anything like that for some time. Give the game some time and see where it goes....thats all the advice i can give. All we can do is hope that they implement some more unique items for the hardcore gamers. Even if the gear and weapons and cars DONT have these insain stats, but just have certain looks to them that are unique and set you apart.

Todeswulf
04-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Yes really. Atleast, they made an effort in GW2 to spice things up. I will take that kind of system over robotic voice telling you to kill, fetch and collect x or y over and over and over again.

Last time I checked GW2 was still up and running.....despite most of the servers being Ghost Towns.

Rush
04-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Just wondering if anyone suspects that they will soon quit the game? I feel like i'm playing a single player game and that my actions have no effect on others.

A big part of investing time into a MMO for me is to try to be the best, and perhaps recognised for it. This game has a real lack of anything keeping me in, and anything to aim for. I think that's the key point I am dissapointed in - in every other mmo (almost) you will see someone with an awesome glowly item, an amazing looking mount, or something else to distinguish them. In Defiance, everything looks bland, nothing as of yet has stopped me in my tracks and thought "wow, what is that? I want one.."

Am I alone in my thinking, or does anyone else feel like the game was released way too early before they implemented key milestones.
I don't even bother upgrading my passive points, they are so marginal and dull with absolutely nothing exciting. The environment is dull and bland, for a futuristic game with bugs roaming around the technology is bland and the atmosphere is bland. Take a look at Anarchy Online where you have amazing structures, flying cars, things that make you go Wow.

Overall, I really wanted to enjoy Defiance but sadly if i'm being realistic I don't think i'll play much longer.

what is the point of this thread then other then just being outright negative?

finesthops
04-07-2013, 04:19 PM

good luck with the refund....it wont happen. you spent your money and thats all there is to it.

The Prince
04-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Started playing Defiance on launch with a crew of 10, now its just me left. Ill probably try to play a few times more before and after Defiance airs, but i'm having doubts about my future in this game. Usually a bad sign when you finish most of the content not even half a month after launch.

And dont even get me started on the state of the forums, the activity here has just dwindled after launch.

Toba
04-07-2013, 04:20 PM
I like the game and for some reason i can't get bored of it. This game is really good and people who are picky and want to quit should just quit the game and not write a thread saying they are quitting like ... who cares? Like the other guy said don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Yooji
04-07-2013, 04:23 PM
I like the game and for some reason i can't get bored of it. This game is really good and people who are picky and want to quit should just quit the game and not write a thread saying they are quitting like ... who cares? Like the other guy said don't let the door hit you on the way out.

TRION cares, at least I really hope they do. I know Lance does, don't know and honestly don't care about the others.

Roflmaowtf
04-07-2013, 04:24 PM
So many impatient people..

Nevzat
04-07-2013, 04:24 PM
TRION cares, at least I really hope they do. I know Lance does, don't know and honestly don't care about the others.

+1.

I hope Trion care... their silence is worrying

Orge Lambart
04-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Here goes a quick newsflash, every game ever made has you doing the same thing over and over again, whether it be escort missions, collection missions, save the world, kill X back guys, all of them are the same thing. Especially in MMO's, I don't feel like quitting, the only off setting thing is the weapons, of which I find a decent one, then need to dump it off to get more main weapon Xp.

Cthulu
04-07-2013, 04:27 PM
So basically you are resorting to name calling and throwing a tantrum because you feel cheated?

Good luck with that.

lol, wow, some people are just too cute, and no longer worth any more of my time.

Mavor
04-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Silence? Theres was a daily blog release for the first four days about what they were doing - thats beyond what most game companies bother doing.

But back on topic - Im no where NEAR quitting - this game is going to get F***ING more and more awesome and Im here til my eyes bleed!

fang1192
+1.

Or youre just not reading the right forums, threads or pages and dont realize that they are working to improve and get the servers stable, certifying the patch that has 8 pages of details, giving daily updates in the sticky thread, and dont have the time or manpower to address every single issue that comes up.

Xendhaius
I'm having a blast with Defiance despite questionable design choices and my performance issues due the game being un-optimized for PC, etc...

Am I close to quitting? Hell no. Defiance is the funnest MMO I've played since... Actually, I've never had this much fun playing an MMO.

Skar
I am still having fun but I haven not finished the main questing, I only just crossed the bridge into san fran. I have been enjoying the co-op maps quite allot, harder difficulty would be nice, better rewards would be nice. Overall I will probably play till I run out of main missions then either do all the side missions I skipped or yeah quit and switch to another game.

It all depends on what new is added or the depth of PVP, once I run out of unique content, (grinds and repetitive content do not appeal to me which is why I quit wow).

Ozzalin

I will also add: Diplomacy (in many forms), Politics (internal and external) Spying, Buying-Selling Information, Black Market quest/missions related etc etc, the list of things to do in any mmo is a long one if the devs have a bit of imagination.

Which seems to be a RARE thing these days, thanks to EA and their monopole of mediocrity, it seems that every company are now running on the same exact mold: Making money is priority #1

I do believe that the time has come for players around the world to admit:
We need something new in this industry!
And i do believe that it is gonna be - Going back to basics : Immersion, Imagination, Detailed Plots, Tons of Content, Innovative Gameplay, Intricate Storyline and the whole list of missions or quest type as well (see above) would be a good start.

BUT... Honestly these days, if making money has become the most important thing, then do NOT expect anything less than something ranged from mediocre to normal-fun, because it wont happen. Defiance is a shooter, so expect 90%+ of all missions to be shooting ones.
And it is perfectly normal for this kind of game.

As for the real MMORPGS well...
The glorious days of Indy devs doing mmorpg masterpieces are gone.
That is the main reason why i LOVE Steam's Greenlight, it gives gamers the chance to discover tons of amazing indy devs.
And also many great hidden game treasures.

Until then, the mmo genre needs to re-invent itself keeping the gamers in mind and what they love and enjoy the most. And not money and greed.

Then it'll be all fun again.

dynamite
04-07-2013, 04:30 PM
I really love this game, but sometimes it gets hard or boring when your all alone. This is suppose to be a MMO but whenever I do a mission later on in the game there is no one even near the quest.

Dagbiker
04-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Its 5 days in, and you have a life time subscription, take a break maybe?

Bird
04-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Get a ps3 u will enjoy the game,
They have done a excellent job with fixes.
Xbox sucks!

Skar
04-07-2013, 04:35 PM
I really love this game, but sometimes it gets hard or boring when your all alone. This is suppose to be a MMO but whenever I do a mission later on in the game there is no one even near the quest.

Damage seems to scale down with more people... or the mobs get more health, not sure which but I have noticed very wacky things going on... I solo'd 3 minor arkfalls, and took out 2 arms of the scavenger major arkfall alone before anyone else show'd up... once they were there my shots just didn't pack the same punch.

Evilution
04-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Ask on your platforms sub-forum if there is any guilds or if anyone wants to group on your server.

Todeswulf
+1.

They just gave an update yesterday (http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/06/dear-diary-its-the-fourth-day-its-been-amazing-but-why-do-we-still-have-lag/)

Vyth
not so much a lack of content for me, just the lack of any reason to advance. slog through EGO power ratings to get more EGO points for perks that are almost completely useless. only thing to look forward to is the cost of everything rising geometrically as your power increases to do the same functions of the same gear. You'd think after 500-1000 power rating the weapons would do more dmg, your survivability would increase, you'd earn more loot... but you don't. even went back to mount tram and mobs there just as tough as ever since the weapons and shields are all the same numbers... and don't get me started on those damned OP dark matter A-holes.

Anyone tried soloing the side mission "Aegis Project pt1" ? Not only are you fighting raiders with TWO rocket launcher guys and a hulker... but the hellbugs decide to join with 5 ELITE archers, 8 elite warriors and a monarch... respawn rate is about 1min too. I like a challenge but some things are just planned so poorly as to be impossible.

Evilution
04-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Damage seems to scale down with more people... or the mobs get more health, not sure which but I have noticed very wacky things going on... I solo'd 3 minor arkfalls, and took out 2 arms of the scavenger major arkfall alone before anyone else show'd up... once they were there my shots just didn't pack the same punch.
Yeah I noticed this too, also you end up with twice as many scrappers chasing you too :p

ExpiredLifetime
04-07-2013, 04:39 PM
I do believe that the time has come for players around the world to admit:
We need something new in this industry!
And i do believe that it is gonna be - Going back to basics

Going back to basics would actually be turning the players loose into a sandbox world; which I would estimate that other than EVE players, most cannot handle.

I would LOVE to see another true sandbox come out again - where the only story and only content is what you make of it.

Major Nelson
04-07-2013, 04:40 PM

I feel the same way as the wep bass stats dont scale and even players cosmetics dont render and there is a like not that many cosmetics to choose from

Blackmagic20
04-07-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm still enjoying my time playing the game I'm nearing 1000 Ego. I'm really enjoying Shadow War and running Instanced PvP with clan members.

If people aren't happy with the current game they can always come back after the patch goes live it's not like this game has a subscription fee. As for me I've seen way worse launches of games (ie Age of Conan, Darkfall, Mortal Online), at least Trion Worlds is trying their best to fix the problems and get back to the community on what they're doing.

Malloci
04-07-2013, 04:41 PM
I don't plan on quitting while the show is still on (if its a good show) but ive never considered putting major time into the game ive always planned on just playing it casually to go along with the show, I finished all of the missions so now ill just kick back and log in when they have events or major updates.

Vyth
04-07-2013, 04:41 PM

mobs HP scales with more people. seems fine idea for arkfalls but just because someone blasts through a roadblock or w/e your fighting in and the mobs double in strength really sucks.

fang1192
04-07-2013, 04:43 PM
I will also add: Diplomacy (in many forms), Politics (internal and external) Spying, Buying-Selling Information, Black Market quest/missions related etc etc, the list of things to do in any mmo is a long one if the devs have a bit of imagination.

This is all well and good, but anyone can pitch ideas - in the context of this game how would those ideas work?

Spying and trailing, chasing down someone could work. Still an escort though. Hell in a sense they are in the game, its just your targets are dead when you find them.

Politics seems irrelevant or would require a rework of the reputation system.

Diplomacy i can maybe see, minimize collateral damage against several factions in a firefight might also require a rework of the reputation system.

Stealing is just activating something without getting caught or by outrunning bullets. Would probably need to rework the rep system.

Races could be implemented but why?

Buying and selling info is workable in stances or as a small awareness bonus - but we are on forums, we will share the info so only one person has to even buy it for a million to access it.

Munx
04-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Been over 1k ego for a few days, and still greatly enjoying the game.

I suspect there will come a point where Ill want to devote less time of the day to the game, however I can see my self playing the game casually if nothing else for a very long time.

Especially if trion comes trough on tie-in promises aswell as frequent dlc.

Jax Bane
i dunno if i'll quit, but i am definetly getting bored quickly with doing the same things over and over again, so i will at the very least take a break until they add more content and tweak things.

i agree that the game feels like it was released too early, it just doesnt have enough to it, and what it does have are just the same things you are expected to do over and over again

I dont like saying it but when I played Rift, at first it was awsome. A great fun game up there with Dark ages of camelot, but it got old fast because you had to do the same dailys over and over and over again. This game feels much the same, not to mention the difficult inventory system, and all the bugs. I lost intrest in Rift because there was not enough variaty, I also had a large guild but it started to die people just quit playing the game. I hope they do something about the issues they have, I would really like to play this game, but cant put up with the bugs. Not giving up yet, just going to wait and see how the next couple weeks go. does not matter to the company they already got my money.

mtn dew
I've Been playing the game since day one and really enjoy it. Just figured out how to mod weapons. Sniping enemies from a far and seeing the heads get knocked off, some nice graphics for the first game of its type.

Skar
04-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Going back to basics would actually be turning the players loose into a sandbox world; which I would estimate that other than EVE players, most cannot handle.

I would LOVE to see another true sandbox come out again - where the only story and only content is what you make of it.

I think you just invented minecraft.

Maeson
04-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Well, we can't forget that this game has been out for... what... 4 days? You can't really expect there to be all the bells and whistles. You got the absolute core of what is needed for this game and it's core features to function. This is how it's been with every MMO since forum MUDs.

That being said. I will probably be taking breaks now and then. I am a simple person. So a game keeps me interesting for as long as there is a carrot that strings me to the next carrot. When all the missions are done... I honestly don't know. Maxing out pursuits isn't my thing. Hasn't been in any game.

We'll see. As I heard, at some date in the teens this month we should get the first DLC. That's also when the show premiers.

Gods I wish I could actually watch that show... damn international fubar...

SirDreadlord
04-07-2013, 04:48 PM
I quit just now. And not for any of the reasons previously stated. I just can't take it anymore. I have put countless hours into quests only to have to redo them. I logoff and back on the next day and the one finished last I have to redo. Or spend an hour on a quest only to lose it all to a server reboot. Today was the last straw. TWICE in one day they rebooted servers! BOTH times I was fighting NIM. BOTH times I had him nearly dead. Second form and all! I just can't waste time like that. I have seen some bad first weeks. But this takes the cake. Multiple server reboots in one day = game wasn't ready. Rushed it to be in time with the TV show. Shoulda known better. LAME SUPPORT ALL AROUND!

usrevenge2
04-07-2013, 04:49 PM
I'll quit sooner than I'd hoped but I can see it being a game I play every week or so for a few hours. if/when I get the platinum trophy though I don't see much a point in continueing to play, the pvp is meh and hard to get shadow wars going, plus everyone is a cloak/shotgun nub. the PVE is awesome, but no variety, arkfalls are the best part of the game but there are only 4 major arkfalls and 3 of those are boring hellbugs.

Shreddi
04-07-2013, 04:50 PM
I played a day and went back to Planetside 2. Isnt this F2P? I logged on today and noticed not many people on. They need a ton of stuff. Hell the game Champions Online by Cryptic has to be over 5 years old and not for everyone they seem to keep going strong and are constantly keeping people interested, its population is proof of that. This game reminds me of a weak Fallen Earth. Personally would rather play Tabula Rasa and look where they are. I hope they get it together before it fizzles out. They better look forward to a lot of overtime and teamwork.

Fuzzy Skinner
(directed at no one in particular, just in general)

I plan to stay.
I'll treat Defiance like I do any game, MMO or not. When I get it I play it like crazy, then play it less as I play other new games I bought, but come back to it once they add new content/dlc or just get in the mood for it.

What mainly bothers me about this game is it seems many people are either new to MMOs or expected WoW with guns, and now they are complaining and bashing this game. I expect many reviewers (I haven't looked any up) will also score the game low because of the bugs and without waiting for new content. Most gamers treat review scores as if they are hard facts nowadays, and the people complaining will tell everyone they can how screwed the game is thus possibly ruining it for those that enjoy it.

I know, you all payed about $60 dollars you could have spent on another boring Assassin's Creed sequel, so you feel cheated this game wasn't as big as your typical decade old MMO. Really though, as said, this game has no subscription fee, and the main story content took you about 3 days or so to complete. That's about the same time it typically takes to beat most modern single player games anyway and I don't think many people are crying like this about Bioshock: Infinite. Had enough now? Put the game up, keep it installed and wait for new content to see if it's worth it. If you just plain don't like the game's genre because you expected something else, then I don't know what to tell you other than sorry it wasn't what you wanted.
I however am telling anyone who will listen this is a fun game with plenty of potential. I think they need to work on their chat and grouping, but that's about it.

Also like to point out I don't think anyone is a "Defiance fanboy" because that doesn't make sense. Someone might be a fan of Trion (I never played in of their other games), but that's about it. I don't know if I'll like the show, there have never been other Defiance games, I have no "dog in the fight" as another said. I just like the game and I've played with others who also enjoy it (you have to do some work to be social, but it's possible).

usrevenge2
I think you just invented minecraft.

minecraft with 4000 per server maybe. Eve is fun, played for years, was in Test (might still be) but computer died and honestly I just never feel like playing anymore.

Ozzalin

Actually, there will be one on PC and platforms. Not an actual mmorpg, but a single and co-op game.
The game will also be post-apocalyptic and called: State of Decay by: Undead Labs.

In this game, which is a 100% real sandbox.
You will have to decide what you do, and write the story yourself.
You will also have to build your own community, your own houses and buildings, and also grow your own food, and scavenge everything yourself. You'll be able to drive any vehicles, go wherever you want, the way you want, in a map containing hundreds square miles.

You should really check it out.
In my opinion, every games should be like that as a core, where the players can manage their own characters, stuff, travels. decisions and choices exactly the way THEY want. In a huge and massive world where you can also build your own stuff.
And not the other way around.

IIFatalshockII
04-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Close to quitting? The polite way to go about this would be to say... No.

DustOfDeath
04-07-2013, 04:55 PM
NO.

I havent even reached san francisco yet Oo and im 780.

Jax Bane
04-07-2013, 04:56 PM

I also play EVE now. It is a very deep game sometimes fun, but is a bit slow for my taste, its the intellectual part that keeps me there. I would like to add, I have been dreaming for a long time for a game like Dark ages of Camelot to hit the market again. Any one old enough or who have played this game for any length of time know what a real mmo is all about. I played for over seven years and have to say it was the best mmorpg of all time. I have never seen any game better since real mmorpgs have come out. Wow didnt even stack up. Be nice if some companies could have taken some lessons from DAOC, they really had a great game. Problem was old Tech which caused some lag issues but if they reworked a game like that today, it would hold intrest of gamers for a very long time.

VolDeVie
04-07-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm waiting for the first couple updates before I decide how much time I'll really be investing. Seeing as how they have 2 big updates coming I can't really judge this game yet. I feel like this first month is still a bit of a beta test. I'm sure everyone else feels close to the same after seeing all the server errors. Also, after having played Rift I was kind of expecting this. When Rift came out it was pretty dull, but after waiting a several months for them to update the game it was one of my favorite games of all time.
Moral of the story, Trion is a great company. But they are a bit terrible at launches. They seem to put out an almost finished game and then slam it with updates until the community loves it. When you sit down and think about it makes a lot of sense. They put out a skeleton and flesh it out with what the community wants. Makes it a lot better of a game in the end.

Fennador
04-07-2013, 05:00 PM
I intend to be playing this game for the next several years because I can see its potential. I am a fan of SCI/FI and this kind of shooter appeals to me and my friends as well. The story is also interesting and has me wanting the things that will be coming in the future. This is how all MMO's start there are always hiccups and problems like this, they will become less frequent as the company works out the problems and fixes things.

Priss
04-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Generally at launch MMO's are lackluster, missing features, bugs, server issues but after the first few months they get better and closer to what it will be like. After you have played enough MMO's you learn to not judge them until they have grown a little. First impressions are important mind you but I'd don't judge prematurely until the full picture is formed.

Sull
04-07-2013, 05:05 PM
I also play EVE now. It is a very deep game sometimes fun, but is a bit slow for my taste, its the intellectual part that keeps me there. I would like to add, I have been dreaming for a long time for a game like Dark ages of Camelot to hit the market again. Any one old enough or who have played this game for any length of time know what a real mmo is all about. I played for over seven years and have to say it was the best mmorpg of all time. I have never seen any game better since real mmorpgs have come out. Wow didnt even stack up. Be nice if some companies could have taken some lessons from DAOC, they really had a great game. Problem was old Tech which caused some lag issues but if they reworked a game like that today, it would hold intrest of gamers for a very long time.

Agreed! DAoC was one of the best MMO experiences I ever had, too. That was a fun and rewarding game.

patrick_bateman
I will prob last a month. There is no sense of progression. Everything feels identical. Needs a waypoint system for contracts, Iv been using the same weapon for 20 hours. Saying that im enjoying it in an OCD way.
There are just too many other great games for me to play. I really dont see me lasting at this rate.

Im playing on my own. I think thats the biggest problem. Im just not getting a multiplayer experience.

Vyth
still not about content for me. don't feel a point in advancing when no matter how high you get you're still the same strength. and if there's no drive to advance there's just no point to play IMO. I'll stick with it a few more days at least but damn. I play like 15 hours a day when the servers are actualy up. getting to 500 was not that bad now it's like 8 hours work just for 6 ego power... no idea how the hell anyone's gotten to 1k+ 0_o finished all the episode and main missions, finished all the side missions north of sausalito and have most of the co-op pursuits finished... sitting at 586 EPR (EGO Power Rating)

Nevzat
04-07-2013, 05:06 PM
First impressions ARE important for veterans that have played many MMO's.

I appreciate alot of people playing are quite new to MMO genre, and so this game will be a breath of fresh air for a long while.

But the hardcore amongst us (Nothing wrong with it) are not going to stick around, and sadly it is the hardcore players that ultimately drive a game. Hardcore players achieving things that your average player can't will only create gossip, theories, strategies and discussion. The game is really needs work, and quickly.

There is just nothing to do, this "open world" is just one large barren desert with the same TWO quests, a few dungeons that are all the same and a couple of very short pvp zones with unbalanced pvp.

I feel like I am playing a Beta and not a developed game.

Not everyone should be equal, those who put in more effort should be rewarded. In a FPS I think weapon balance shouldn't be as much as an issue as a roleplaying game - a skilled TPS player will outright demolish a noob with an OP gun - this creates excitement and will only drive people to want to play more to get that great new op gun.

It works two ways, one game you may get demolished by a skilled player with a godly weapon, but your next pvp match you will dominate a player less skilled than you are. I think itemization is key and the ultimate downfall to many games

Zengrath
04-07-2013, 05:07 PM
I would never quit all together. This is a very fun game overall. I may retire for a while and come back later once more updates come out or i get urge to shoot something again, but as long as there is no subscription then ill be back every now and then to check things out. Sorta like Guild Wars. Sub games on other hand i rarely ever go back to once i stop playing because i don't want to pay $14 to hope that enough has changed to keep me around another 30 days....

Gryn
04-07-2013, 05:08 PM
thats good to know, thats how i agree things should be, as long as the vanity stuff is only skins for things and not increased stat wise over normal stuff

Vanity stuff? 40 dollars for vanity stuff?

wilks
04-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Kudos for being the first person to not go and flame the game too excessively.
I encourage you to hold off making the definitive choice to quit for at least until after the show airs and the new episodes are patched into the game. Make your judgement then, that's when the game begins what it was intended to do.

This is what is keeping me playing too. I really am interested to see how this show tie in goes. This is new ground for a game of any kind.

Xaearth
04-07-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm probably close to quitting...
Need... sleep...

And I've been seriously neglecting Monster Hunter 3U and the new Luigi's Mansion...
Not to mention a random assortment of Steam sale games...

Too many games, too little time, too much Defiance.
No time to ride the line.

Edit: Oh wait, by "quitting" you didn't mean "not logging in every second the servers are available and you're still conscious". My bad.

Raserei
04-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Quit? No.

Take a break for a few months? Yes.

This game needs more depth in the item system and character progression

NeoDraven
Not really anytime soon Im enjoying the gameplay plus it has a pursuit system that mimics Fallout 3's achievement system for doing stuff ingame.

Zeldron

nut you will play COD for hours or something a long those lines even if you go to another MMO its the same thing so why dont you just chuck your system and computer out the first window so the real people who enjoy playingg a game for what it is can have less babies and wow criers in it

Zeila
04-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Seeing as the game is B2P, imo can't really quit it unless you shun it away and sign a pact never to play it again when content patches come out. Other than that I believe people will just break away from it for an extended period of time until it catches their interest once more.

It's definitely not a MMO"RPG" but just more along the lines of a typical FPS/TPS Shooter on a massive scale. Granted it could use some more progression type aspects to it but not enough for me to light it on fire and quit.

Angeleus09
04-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Like a lot of other people in here I have not poured most of my hours since release into this game. I feel like I can't play nearly as often as I want to which keeps it fresh and interesting to me. I'm definitely not anywhere near quitting especially with the show around the corner. I play MMOs for the story and the world immersion, and I've already commented elsewhere that I feel the side quests come across as placeholders, missed opportunities to introduce the player to the quirky, unique and interesting inhabitants of this new Earth. I don't care if the actual gameplay of a quest is identical to the 4 before it, as long as it shows me more of the world identity.

I actually like the gameplay overall. I do wish there were some customization options for armor, vehicle and gun color just to spice things up. I expected this to be DCUO with guns and that's exactly what I got which is excellent. I want a game that I can put down for a while when I've got other things going on and pick back up without feeling like I've been left behind. Defiance is that game, even more so than DCUO and I think that's awesome.

The show will provide lore and content in a way cutscenes can't and hopefully the promise of the unique ability to handoff the story to the game between seasons and then pick it back up will be fully realized. Personally I'm hoping for some off-season webisodes (BSG style) that take place in San Francisco and maybe feature those characters from the motion comic and live action game trailer.

I'm not saying you guys are wrong to have the critiques you do of the game as a stand alone property. Just remember that it is only half of a whole that was designed to grow and develop together.

6Strummer
04-07-2013, 05:21 PM

Gamers in general have become more and more prone to whine, I've noticed. I love the game and will not be quitting anytime soon. The only other Season Pass I ever bought was the one for Walking Dead, but I'll be buying the one for Defiance soon. I especially have to laugh at the people who aren't happy with the kind of game it is. Shooter first, MMO second. For months in advance, Trion was very clear that's what it was, but now people are complaining that's it's not MMO enough. FFS is right.

Darkeus
04-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Lol, *sigh*

People, were you not paying attention to how this game was marketed? The tie-in with the show is important and what will help drive the game and vice versa.

It is a long term thing and I am here to see what happens. Let us be fair, the game has its issues. But these games evolve and so therefore I am patient enough to allow that to happen.

6Strummer
04-07-2013, 05:30 PM
And dont even get me started on the state of the forums, the activity here has just dwindled after launch.

I know I haven't been looking or posting here as much, but it's because I'm in the game.

Paajx
04-07-2013, 05:34 PM
wish they would fix the voice chat system (ps3). seems like I get kicked out of it whenever I do a co-op with a friend and we can't hear each other anymore. I also, for some strange reason, get deployed into some co-ops out of the team at times.

MrRotten
04-07-2013, 05:35 PM
I'll chime in on this too...

I agree with those, I think this game is ground breaking for a console, unlike anything I've ever played on a console.

I'm having great fun, this game brings out the ADHD or something in me...

I love traveling down the road to do a Mission, getting sidetracked by a road block side mission/rescue mission, doing a mini game, randomly killing groups of bad things, then getting to the ARK for rewards and glory. LOL

I think for starters, this game has alot going for it, as others mentioned, I see great potential here. I've never played a game from TRION before, but it appears as though they do seem to really invest into their products. No game is perfect upon release, especially MMO type games. Expect glitches and kinks in the first few weeks. They'll get all that fixed, then the episode will air, and I think more interesting thing will come.

So those considering quitting, stick it out for a few more weeks atleast till the show airs and we see what happens.

What we will know by the time the show airs:
1. How much of the issues have the worked out?
2. More about the LORE?
3. Patch Releases or Expansions to the game once the first episode airs?
4. Compensation? The DEV Blog mentioned that he feels bad for all the issues and he's working on ideas for some sort of compensation.
5. Among other things....

So why not?

You paid $60 for the game, why not give it a few more weeks? The value of the game won't change much by then if at all.

If you're one of those people who just complains and quits everything, then by all means, quit. If you listen to reason and are open minded and have some kind of patience for life, then a few weeks won't hurt.

They have a very interesting product here, it has flaws, but I appreciate a DEV team that is brutally honest about the flaws and outlines what we can expect for the future and patches.

Games that come out, that have all the kinks and flaws, and DEVs aren't interesting in patching them, that's a game you want to run from.

I'm encouraged for the Product, and I'm encouraged by the DEV team, they sound very sincere about their product.

My 2 cents worth...
MrRotten

Thiatsii
04-07-2013, 05:58 PM
I'll admit that I thought quite a bit about forsaking Defiance during the 5 plus hours the server was down the other night. But, I held my breath and said to myself, "It's a new launch across multiple platforms... and that development was probably rushed by the SyFy guys." Thankfully, I've found the Xbox server to have been up most of the time since. Biggest gripe... Trion needs to post information immediately to both the game feed and the forum stating anything remotely resembling an acknowledgement that, "Houston, we have a problem." Even a simple "I DFK when the server will be back up," would work just as well.

Yes, there are some rather annoying factors... such as Arkfalls are damn near all the same. Either that, or something needs to be done about those mutant artillery pods that are terribly overpowered because of their massive health and range... Seriously though, if Trion cleans up the forums so that its clear and concise, and perhaps releases a video tutorial or two about how things are actually supposed to work, (maybe even state what the archetypal idea is for something compared to what actually made it into the game, would allow us players to offer not only valuable, but constructive feedback as well) then this game will go far, and spread by word of mouth very fast indeed.

Yes, this handles like an FPS. Personally, I find Defiance a more enjoyable experience because it's not "Head-to-Head" battles only. If you want that, stick with COD--or play the death matches here. I came from Mass Effect multiplayer where it was co-op against AI only. Here, in Defiance, I can solo the world or help my clan-mates with their quests. Teamwork and friendships are built upon here. All my friends from Mass Effect that have come to Defiance absolutely love how the game plays.

I did not like WoW because the dungeons were all the same mechanics... a tank has 30 enemy surrounding him while massive effects rain down to the point a passerby who glanced at the screen wouldn't be able to make sense of the chaos. Fantasy to me has to have some semblance to reality... a way that your mind can reasonably fathom the transition, "Ohh, now that COULD be possible." So far, Defiance has delivered the blend I was looking for.

Chaotichorizon
04-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Quit? Maybe not, but my plans on buying bits and playing extensively are disappearing fast. While some of the bugs, lag, server downtime are expected, the lack of anything resembling a solid social framework in an MMO of any flavor is inexcusable. If this game has been in development for 5 years, you figure someone would have pointed out the fact that it wouldn't fly, least of all with PC players. And while most of the items in the store are cosmetic, they are ridiculously overpriced, not paying $8 for a clothes skin. I don't mind paying money (hell, I spend more than the monthly sub amount on the f2p dcuo), I won't pay idiotic prices. In beta they were 1/3 of what they are now. I'm hoping they iron out these issues, among others, and I'll give them time to do it, but at some point I will loose interest if they don't, and they will have lost someone who would be happy to spend money with them, if it was worth it.

MrRotten
04-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Biggest gripe... Trion needs to post information immediately to both the game feed and the forum stating anything remotely resembling an acknowledgement that, "Houston, we have a problem." Even a simple "I DFK when the server will be back up," would work just as well.

I agree, have you gotten a chance to read the DEV blog though?

I was pretty discouraged till I read that, they were brutally honest about the issues, and were very very convincing that they are working on them.

In fact I felt so confident of this that I really get the feeling they're working their tails off and that is probably why they haven't taken the time to post official Patch Notes or info on the forums in better detail yet.

They quite simply might not have gotten around to it yet... There's quite of few issues beneath the surface, and even a lot of issues out in the open, they're releasing Patches like twice a day, maybe more... I consider this more of Hot Fixes. When you're updating that much, posting a Patch Note for each of those is pretty daunting.

My guess, we're going to get a massive Patch/Issue Fix list soon, probably around the time we get the official BIG Patch within the next few weeks, that will probably clear up most of the big issues and polish up the game.

I'm encouraged, hopefully I'm not being a fool... I've never played a TRION product before, but those of my friends that have; they have convinced me that TRION is committed to their communities and their products going off their experience from other Trion Products.

Crossing my fingers,
MrRotten

loops73
04-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Wow,people quitting already? I think this game has quite a bit of content for being vanilla. I have played a lot of other mmo's that didn't have this much to do at the start. I think it's the younger generation,who only know games like WoW and forget it took them 10 years to get that much content.

Drandorion
04-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Gamers in general have become more and more prone to whine, I've noticed. I love the game and will not be quitting anytime soon. The only other Season Pass I ever bought was the one for Walking Dead, but I'll be buying the one for Defiance soon. I especially have to laugh at the people who aren't happy with the kind of game it is. Shooter first, MMO second. For months in advance, Trion was very clear that's what it was, but now people are complaining that's it's not MMO enough. FFS is right.

Funnily enough I too only ever bought season passes for the walking dead and defiance. :cool: Great minds.

Other than server stability issues the only thing terribly wrong with the game atm is the chat system; Chat box needs to be more usable and voice chat needs a complete overhaul, I can't ever understand what anyone is saying just tons of unrecognizable sounds. A more pc friendly UI wouldn't hurt but at least what's there is functional if a little clunky.

Ultimately this game is Buy TO Play so if anyone feels like taking a break from the game there's no penalties for doing so.

b00mstick
04-07-2013, 06:53 PM
It just launched. This is the only real mmo shooter and its free

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 07:02 PM

I was reading all the posts, and I literally said "thank you" out loud to my computer when I read this one.

Avelya
04-07-2013, 07:03 PM

You quote a ''good'' part of what they wrote haha.

They also wrote '' We might disable the Salvage Matrix to minimize this problem while we find a solution.'' Sure good idea, disable the only customization we have lol...

Or that they wrote they basically have no specific idea why there is lag on the XBox haha...

And I would not rejoice with 8 pages of patch notes, they list EVERY little fix they do in a single line when they put up patch notes :
-Fixed a barrel that was not at the right spot in blabla farm!
- Fixed a Pow that was not killable near moomoo ranch

8 pages come fast when you have these kind of patch notes lol

Avelya
04-07-2013, 07:09 PM
http://puu.sh/2vU84
This is the Assault Rifle that you're given for completing the current episode. Note the mods on it and what they do.

Just wanted to point out, OMG nice bonus ! 4% self-revive refresh every kill is cool, that's pretty much invincibility in PvE haha

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 07:09 PM

deserves a +1

Avelya
04-07-2013, 07:18 PM

You should care, if 2/3 of the players do this, you won't be able to play either because they will close the servers and put the key in the Defiance HQ's door. lol.

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 07:20 PM

I'm sorry that I'm digging up an old post, but.....REALLY!? you left rift for LACK OF CONTENT!?

freaky1
04-07-2013, 07:27 PM
I swear most peoples posts on this forum make me want to give up on humanity as a failed ignorant race and go live in alaska as a ****ing hermit

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 07:27 PM

WOOOHOOO! MUTHER SUCKER!!! I COMPLAIN WHEN I WANT!!!

come on... do you drive back to McDonalds when they accidentally give you someone else's order and demand that they give you both?

Avelya
04-07-2013, 07:30 PM
(directed at no one in particular, just in general)
I expect many reviewers (I haven't looked any up) will also score the game low because of the bugs and without waiting for new content.

Why shouldn't they ? Critics make a review of a game when it launches so people can make an opinion of the game... I don't even understand your point... If a single player game launched full of bugs and the story took you a few hours to complete, critics should have to wait for fixes and stuff to review it LOL ?

You don't make sense. The game IS full of bugs and DOES lack some content, why SHOULDN'T critics talk about it ? If they don't, it's THEIR reputation that will get trashed...

Xaearth
04-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Why shouldn't they ? Critics make a review of a game when it launches so people can make an opinion of the game... I don't even understand your point... If a single player game launched full of bugs and the story took you a few hours to complete, critics should have to wait for fixes and stuff to review it LOL ?

You don't make sense. The game IS full of bugs and DOES lack some content, why SHOULDN'T critics talk about it ?

Why do critics get review copies of COD and the like and still give them great reviews when they had practically no one to play with in multiplayer?

The world may never know...

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Here's the thing. I, personally, believe that the devs are ok with the game feeling limited, because they want the game to give the players a sense of evolution as the show progresses. If everyone has badarzz endgame equips now, what is going to keep them playing later? As the show continues, better equipment, better vehicles, better missions, better gameplay will all start to slowly bubble to the top.

Ever notice that the episode mission leaves you with an epic assault rifle? As the episodes continue I'm assuming they will equip us with different top quality weapons, and eventually give out legendary.

I'm very excited to be in the game when it first came out. I am enjoying watching my character live in the world as it is expanding and new content opens up for me to explore, because the way I usually play an MMO is; attack main missions, then mop up all side stuff till I get bored. This is forcing me to delve into every single aspect of the game that I would usually just ignore.

Come on guys, enjoy the game if you can. If you cant, then all of us loyal gamers can genuinely feel bad for you and you need for instant gratification.

Daholic
04-07-2013, 07:36 PM

You don't make sense. The game IS full of bugs and DOES lack some content, why SHOULDN'T critics talk about it ? If they don't, it's THEIR reputation that will get trashed...

Nah, heres what someone would do, search the web until they find the best review that sorta reflect their current opinion, one that doesnt talk about bug and lack of content. Ive read one, and was wondering which game they were playing when they said the game not only had a clean launch but was good enough for the hardcore and casual gamers.

UberNinja
04-07-2013, 07:45 PM
I just have to say wait for April 15th when the show is airing. New patch comes out and secret content and story line...

Avelya
04-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Why do critics get review copies of COD and the like and still give them great reviews when they had practically no one to play with in multiplayer?

The world may never know...

How is this relevant to anything ?

Myst
04-07-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm not first game in a while where I actually want to know the Lore behind it. Pretty much every side mission and main mission I have read those little snippits they give you. I'm probably going to pick up on reading/listening to the intel as well. Everyone has different tastes so can't really fault them for it but as for me I'm staying on for the long haul.

Hostee
04-07-2013, 08:02 PM
I think it's the Whole patching cycle limitations that will slowly kill this game.

Due to the console patching limitations (validation procedures by Sony and Microsoft) TRION seems not being able to release more than one Client patch every 2 weeks or so.

Especially the PC Version can use a hell lot of patching now! And we are stuck until after the 15th before we get the first real Client patch!
That means, for example, we are not getting any working chat system until then. Worse, if that patch is not going to fix it, we will have to wait two more weeks for the Next one!

Lot of People will get fed With the waiting and the "inability" to communicate With others long before then and quit the game!

And that's just one of the many major issues plague'ing this game currently! /shrug

With every platform having their own servers.... I am just baffled why they cannot patch the PC Version more frequent and seperately!

I am not talking about content patches.... as that I would understand! But bugfixes and optimization patches shouldn't be tied together and have every platform waiting for the other! :confused:

Well if you played on PC or Xbox, you wouldn't have trouble communicating with other friends.... Sounds like being able to play on PS3 for free isn't what it's all cracked up to be.....

DuoMaxwell007
04-07-2013, 08:04 PM

Except you cant really expect the same thing from Rift with this game when

A) Rift is an MMO... while they made it certain that this will be a Shooter first and an MMO Second which to me means "dont expect what you see in other mmos (liek rift) to be in this game too because werent making a shooter with mmo elements as opposed to just a full on MMO"

b) while both games are being done by Trion the TEAMS working on both games are different.. now if the same team that did Rift were doing Defiance THEN i might have high expectations

alienoid
04-07-2013, 08:11 PM
As for myself, I'm an old timer used to MMORPGs since back in the 90's. I don't care to be the best and care even less to be recognized for it, it's just a game. I'm here to have fun, solo or not, I don't care.
I was an alpha tester for Defiance so I knew what I bought, something new, something different, a bet on what it can become rather than buying another boring WoW copycat.
I'll stay as long as I got fun with it and as long as my curiosity about the shows tie in events isn't satisfied ;)

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Rift is an MMO... while they made it certain that this will be a Shooter first and an MMO Second which to me means "dont expect what you see in other mmos (liek rift) to be in this game too because werent making a shooter with mmo elements as opposed to just a full on MMO"

I agree, this game is clearly a 3rd person shooter. They made it an MMO because they fell in love with the Idea for mass Arkfalls (all the trailers and marketing have centered around this), and because they wanted to be able to add content as the TV show progressed.

I think of this game more as a Single Player game that other people are also playing.

I believe that the co-op and PvP was added because "this is an MMO and we have to" (semi decent job of tying to actual game lore)

v1ctor
04-07-2013, 08:22 PM
The game is glaringly unfinished. I encourage everyone to give Trion a few weeks to iron out the many issues and add meaningful content to the game. It's not like you have to pay a monthly sub. Put it on the shelve and come back in a few weeks before you judge the game based on a p2p beta.

Rush
04-07-2013, 08:23 PM
How is this relevant to anything ?

its really not, this thread ios a damn joke. nothing more put a troll seeking attention. and has absolutley no constructive or helping input what so ever.., leave it out honestley

Rush
04-07-2013, 08:24 PM
itsa ll about console kiddes looking for some speciasl treatment..for nothing justifiable..its really sad and funny

twizzm
04-07-2013, 08:24 PM
I am. As an MMO player since the mid to late 90's. ie Everquest, ultima, anarchy online, dark ages of Camelot etc etc i have to say this is the least "content" filled game I've come across. Sure people argue for 60 bucks its great, I just feel it lacks depth and things to do besides hold x here or guard this *******. Even some sort of gathering mechanic would spice this game up. I dunno. Overall disappointing so far. Guess I need to shut my mouth and keep stacking 1.05% mods cause my character sure the hell isn't changing if I dont

Rush
04-07-2013, 08:27 PM
if you are considering quitting then leave and ****, so ******ed how you peoople are acting, if you dont want to play then dont post, as so far your opinions are nothing but unconstructive..

JonDav
04-07-2013, 08:29 PM
itsa ll about console kiddes looking for some speciasl treatment..for nothing justifiable..its really sad and funny

Or it could be people expecting adaquate content in what is called a MMO. You know, content that actually urge players in the world to group up. Not three co-op "instances" which are basically lazy carbon copies of story missions where the boss doesn't even drop loot. We can go with your braindead analogy of "da conzole kiddeez wanten speshul treetmentz" if you want though...

Rush
04-07-2013, 08:30 PM
I am. As an MMO player since the mid to late 90's. ie Everquest, ultima, anarchy online, dark ages of Camelot etc etc i have to say this is the least "content" filled game I've come across. Sure people argue for 60 bucks its great, I just feel it lacks depth and things to do besides hold x here or guard this *******. Even some sort of gathering mechanic would spice this game up. I dunno. Overall disappointing so far. Guess I need to shut my mouth and keep stacking 1.05% mods cause my character sure the hell isn't changing if I dont

gp buy an new xbox game, you cant handle a new concept as most consolers cant, im sorry, but i will say there are console people out there that can, but you clearly are one of the few that cannot, or refuse to.

saying x this and x that clearley show you are not playing on pc..so wtf

twizzm
04-07-2013, 08:36 PM
What new concept? What breakthrough mechanic has this game introduced to the mmo world? Nothing. The level of depth and character customization in this game is on par with an iPhone app

It's still a decent game and I'll wait for a patch or two. But until then I paid my 60 bucks and I'll botch about what I want on a public forum in a thread about *****ing about this game sir

twizzm
04-07-2013, 08:38 PM
And yah I bought this on Xbox. Not that pc would've changed anything. Except instead it would be hold 'e' maybe

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 08:38 PM
gp buy an new xbox game, you cant handle a new concept as most consolers cant, im sorry, but i will say there are console people out there that can, but you clearly are one of the few that cannot, or refuse to.

saying x this and x that clearley show you are not playing on pc..so wtf

I understand this upsets you, and I agree with you completely, but wow... its getting a little intense right?

Yes most console gamers are not used to MMO's since there are very very few. I am a PS3 user, but I have a lot of MMO's. I never ever ever play at launch for this exact reason, but having an MMO on my console is an exciting thought. I know exactly how rough MMO launches are so I am being patient.

We console gamers need to come together and try to work as a team to find a way to shut the hell up...
Put the game on your shelf and forget about it for a month, then come back and see if you really did not get what you paid for.(I'm sure the trade in value at game stop will still be the same)

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 08:39 PM
What new concept? What breakthrough mechanic has this game introduced to the mmo world? Nothing. The level of depth and character customization in this game is on par with an iPhone app

It's still a decent game and I'll wait for a patch or two. But until then I paid my 60 bucks and I'll botch about what I want on a public forum in a thread about *****ing about this game sir

That word botch...I don't think it means what you think it means

"to do or say in a bungling manner"-Dictionary.com - nevermind, fits perfectly

Hawty
04-07-2013, 08:45 PM
me and all my friends quit this within the first week once we figured out the pve and pvp neither had any progression or reason to do it.

Hawty
04-07-2013, 08:49 PM
I imagine this game is even more boring on xbox. Its already a complete disaster for pc gamers. Not a single person from my clan from other games, or friends in rl play anymore after a week.

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 08:51 PM
me and all my friends quit this within the first week once we figured out the pve and pvp neither had any progression or reason to do it.

I'm honestly just asking a question here without trying to sound rude or anything, but why are you on the forums then?
Again, emotion does not translate through the keyboard. I honestly want to know why someone that hates the game is still surfing the forums

Daholic
04-07-2013, 08:53 PM
I imagine this game is even more boring on xbox. Its already a complete disaster for pc gamers. Not a single person from my clan from other games, or friends in rl play anymore after a week.

lol..in the attempt to not get my post deleted and get a message from the forum moderator saying that my comment arent post relevant, ill just say..awww you got me beat..i only had 3 of my friends quit.

Crap..

Daholic
04-07-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm honestly just asking a question here without trying to sound rude or anything, but why are you on the forums then?
Again, emotion does not translate through the keyboard. I honestly want to know why someone that hates the game is still surfing the forums

its his right not only as a paying customer but since he signed up for the forum may as well post alittle bit

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 08:57 PM
its his right not only as a paying customer but since he signed up for the forum may as well post alittle bit

It's also my right to eat pumpkin, but I hate pumpkin so I don't

However, I don't complain to farmers about how much I hate pumpkin, and I don't complain about other people liking pumpkin, and I don't complain about how I was promised that pumpkin would taste like God's nectar.

I just don't like pumpkin, and as a favor to the planet, I distance myself from the pumpkin community

Zyvaks
04-07-2013, 08:59 PM
all i'm gonna say is
Housing
give us housing and let us get decorations from arkfalls.

this would give me a reason to do arkfalls (huge pve battle just doesn't cut it for me anymore, even though i loved it at the start)
it would also give me something to do when i don't feel like shooting stuff (gasp, how could i say that!?)

-whispers to Trion-
also you can sell some decorations for real moneyz... just saiyan

i'm not trying to come off as hating, i love this game but i need something to put the spark back my relationship with it.

Ragnorath
04-07-2013, 09:01 PM
all the people that are quitting are just mad that its not a call of duty clone get over it the game is supposed to work side by side with the tv searies that startes next week so please just quit you wineing and eather wait for the game and show to come togather or just go back to you call of duty.
That all i have to say on this subject

Daholic
04-07-2013, 09:01 PM
It's also my right to eat pumpkin, but I hate pumpkin so I don't

However, I don't complain to farmers about how much I hate pumpkin, and I don't complain about other people liking pumpkin, and I don't complain about how I was promised that pumpkin would taste like God's nectar.

I just don't like pumpkin, and as a favor to the planet, I distance myself from the pumpkin community

uhm ok.....

JonDav
04-07-2013, 09:07 PM
all the people that are quitting are just mad that its not a call of duty clone get over it the game is supposed to work side by side with the tv searies that startes next week so please just quit you wineing and eather wait for the game and show to come togather or just go back to you call of duty.

I've seen some horrid post up here but this is by far the worst. CoD? Yes, I can only imagine the thousands of people who are furious because killstreak rewards and the ability to prestige is absent from a game that never once resembled CoD....

Anatol
04-07-2013, 09:08 PM
omg people this game is just SAME AS GUILD WARS 2. This is just new form of MMO. Its for causal players not for hardcore no lifers. people play this game because its fun, not becasue my avatar has better gear and I can masturbate on him :D come on.
BTW THERE is a progression and believe me that your high lvl weapon with high lvl mods is a difference in PvP or PvE
If you meet player with same skill like you in PvP and you have better mods you can win with a 10% life left but you can still win.
And dont forget that shield is much more better on higher EGO rating, with paasive bonuses. BTW this MMO was never presentet as classic WoW clon. It was a GW2 sci-fi clon from beggining.

Daholic
04-07-2013, 09:10 PM
omg people this game is just SAME AS GUILD WARS 2. This is just new form of MMO. Its for causal players not for hardcore no lifers. people play this game because its fun, not becasue my avatar has better gear and I can masturbate on him :D come on.
BTW THERE is a progression and believe me that your high lvl weapon with high lvl mods is a difference in PvP or PvE
If you meet player with same skill like you in PvP and you have better mods you can win with a 10% life left but you can still win.
And dont forget that shield is much more better on higher EGO rating, with paasive bonuses. BTW this MMO was never presentet as classic WoW clon. It was a GW2 sci-fi clon from beggining.

lol what???

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 09:11 PM
I've seen some horrid post up here but this is by far the worst. CoD? Yes, I can only imagine the thousands of people who are furious because killstreak rewards and the ability to prestige is absent from a game that never once resembled CoD....

I love these kinds of posts lol, this was truly funny and I agree.

JonDav
04-07-2013, 09:12 PM
lol what???

Rofl.......

Munx
04-07-2013, 09:24 PM
K, Ill be perfectly honest.. I am getting somewhat close to quitting... this forum.. hrhr...

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 09:25 PM
can this thread please die already?

Barrik
04-07-2013, 09:26 PM

LOL, key ingredients of an mmo
psst, he means wow

Velad
04-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Not at all close. I've been playing it casually, and there is nothing else at the moment I'm interested in playing.

UberHaxorNova
04-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Just watch when the tv show starts and everything chAnges your gonna be seeing threads like omg this game is fun bla bla bla

Komakala
04-07-2013, 09:31 PM
I don't have any plans on quitting any time soon. But I'm also taking things slow. I'm not pouring hour upon hour into the game. I figured out early on during testing that if I did that I'd probably leave really quick. So I take my time and enjoy the world. I actually spend more time running around on foot instead of racing from Point A to Point B as fast as I can to complete the next objective.

Barrik
04-07-2013, 09:34 PM

Another smart guy with the ever popular "it's his right"
He wasn't asking if he thought he had the right to do it, he was asking very politely why.
I know that whenever I stop playing a game, I never go to the forums to moan about it. So it does seem kind of petty.

bleuzarro
04-07-2013, 09:35 PM

honestly, I've posted quite a few threads about b*tching about this and that, but I really cant help but keep coming back to this game.

I think it's definitely missing some of the things that MMO fans consider to be an MMO. And I think it leans more heavily to the shooter crowd than the MMO crowd, but I think it's a lot of fun. and, we have no idea what's going to happen once the TV series rolls around. There can be so much more content that we dont know about. But if you do consider taking time away from it, I would encourage you to come back in a couple months once more bugs are worked out and once the Show is in full swing. Then see what you think.

Arsenic_Touch
04-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Close to quitting? hell, once I run down to 7/11 and pick up an amazon gift card, going to use what's left on the visa gift card I preordered with to buy the season pass. Got like 14 left on there, 10-15 in amazon gift cards through bing coming up, and i'll make up the difference at 7/11

Daholic
04-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Another smart guy with the ever popular "it's his right"
He wasn't asking if he thought he had the right to do it, he was asking very politely why.
I know that whenever I stop playing a game, I never go to the forums to moan about it. So it does seem kind of petty.

Yea im a smart guy listening to people constantly say "This isnt wow"..my bad..i meant the ever popular."This isnt wow"..had to change it to be like you, Smart guy!!!

PookLove
04-07-2013, 09:59 PM

Yeah sadly, I'd have to agree only because I don't see a point in leveling. The 'missions' aren't really holding my attention(typical MMO missions, stupid car races, and some other repetitive stuff.) not to mention they're hard to continue with because ego perks are extremely dull. I mean 'Reviving yourself increases the damage on your next shot'. I find it funny my friend who has a ego rating of 200 can do as much damage and is just as effective as me who has a rating of 600. I wouldn't mind hunting down new shields and weapons but that all seems pointless too because the weapons I currently have are good enough, hell I don't have a need to ever replace them. The instances are cool, but again what's the point when the weapons are dull as well? Put some mods on to increase my mag count by 6 more bullets? I don't mind a subtle increase in character progression but it almost seem non-existent here. I mean I think the only reason I would keep playing is to pvp but all I use is cloak and a shotgun and I do fine.

I get this isn't WoW, but I don't understand what pushes players to actually play this game.. I mean I guess it's fun but no more fun then boarder lands or any other shooter.

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 10:13 PM
I guess this game was not geared towards the typical MMO community. This is not an MMORPG, it is just a 3rd person shooter that was thrown online for people to enjoy together. There really aren't too many concepts like it, and the gaming community is forming a pitchfork mob screaming "CHANGE BE NOT GOOD!!!"

Most MMO players play for the sole purpose of leveling, they don't understand the concept of playing a game just to immerse yourself in the world. I mean how many MMORPG users actually do the main quests? most just power level...

Since the normal aspect of the game is gone for them they have no idea what to do anymore. Their purpose is gone, and they are left feeling empty because they cant waste away their lives killing the same creatures or doing the same raids for hours.

Please treat this game like Mass Effect or Gears of War or even Resident Evil I guess, but stop trying to make it have the same characteristics as WoW or Rift. It is not an RPG

Cortechs
04-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Most MMO players play for the sole purpose of leveling, they don't understand the concept of playing a game just to immerse yourself in the world. I mean how many MMORPG users actually do the main quests? most just power level...

Since the normal aspect of the game is gone for them they have no idea what to do anymore. Their purpose is gone, and they are left feeling empty because they cant waste away their lives killing the same creatures or doing the same raids for hours.

Please treat this game like Mass Effect or Gears of War or even Resident Evil I guess, but stop trying to make it have the same characteristics as WoW or Rift. It is not an RPG

I would be hesitant to say "most MMO players" play just for levels. Plenty of MMO players as far back as EQ had no interest in the treadmill or raids. It's just that the hardcore crowd is very vocal and expects every game to cater to them.

Just like they get bored here without having their 100's of speed runs of X dungeon for loot, and without repeating Y raid 100's of times for loot, I grow just as bored in their games. The combat isn't nearly as fun in your typical WoW clone as it is here, and you end up with nothing to do but face stupidly easy PvE, or doing the above mentioned speed runs/raids ad nauseum. Oh, and the other popular activity which is idling in town for hours hoping for some attention. Boy, that sounds like fun too!

So no, I'm not close to quitting. Not unless Trion pulls a GW2 and adds crappy item scaling/progression. I love games that are fun and that I can play for fun. It's only when I hit that loot brick wall that they become unfun.

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 10:56 PM
I would be hesitant to say "most MMO players" play just for levels. Plenty of MMO players as far back as EQ had no interest in the treadmill or raids. It's just that the hardcore crowd is very vocal and expects every game to cater to them.

I stand corrected. You are right

v1ctor
04-07-2013, 10:58 PM

It's still a MMO no matter whether it's a RPG or a TPS.

KodiakX
04-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Personally I really like the game play and it's the one saving grace the game has and keeps me going.

Everything else is pretty much terrible. Long done with story line. I have completed most of the pursuits that aren't absurd (2500 resses?!?). Gained enough Ego skills to do whatever I want. At this point I'm at 1200 Ego rating. Side missions give me a measily 1-2k XP per and I wipe my *** with 200 scrip that's the reward (especially when a respec costs 12000). At this point my avenue for advancement is Major Arkfalls at around 11k XP per one and the contract grind. Contracts can only be done once a day and there's 4 types of Major Arkfalls. PvP is in shambles and is basically cloak and shotgun mayhem which got old super fast.

The 100% gambling item system is terrible with how long it takes to get gear after the item drop nerfs a while back. Having completely random stats and random mix of benefits works when there's loot explosions like you see in Borderlands because you're going to churn through the high amount of terrible weapon combinations. Earlier I had the PERFECT rifle with x1.25 clip size, x1.15 crit multiplier, 15% grenade reset on kill, Grenadier set for 10% recoil reduction...and it's a ****ing BLAST RIFLE which is terrible. Back into the garbage can matrix it went. 1200 ego rating, countless level 4 lock boxes and I haven't found a single item that's made me go "whoa...look at this cool thing!"

While some could say I got here pretty fast, it's nothing even the most casual player won't hit in a few weeks at a few hours a day. As much as I do like the game play, hating the limited amount of stuff to do with said game play won't keep me for very much longer.

KodiakX
04-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Oh and the fact that the game has audio that cusses constantly and uses words like F*CK and SH*T and other things and then to have a chat and forums that block that language (and often times a lot more mild) is unbelievably ironic.

War5torm
04-07-2013, 11:11 PM
I dislike the fact that there is little to no loot, or weapon progression in the game. I understand that its not an MMORPG. But what I don't understand, is that if its not trying to be one, why did they add RPG elements in the game? Why give players a loot based game, but make the loot and weapon progression terrible?

There's only like 20 different guns... Sure there are hundreds of different mods but they do so little, its pathetic. They label this game a "shooter", but then make perks and mods that have to do with melee!? That defeats the enter purpose.

What also gets me is the fact that they call this an MMO, when really, the only thing MMO about it is the fact that you can see other people online running around. The only "online" play about this game is the Arkfalls, which get old really fast, as they are the same thing over and over again, with no rewards. You can't do quests with anyone. You're only allowed to group with 4 people. Co-op missions allow only 4 people and give you no rewards. The only aspect aside from arkfalls that invoke the MMO gameplay are the roadside instances that you constantly come across, which are really short... and there's only like 8 different ones

This game has been a let-down for me. They should have just left out the RPG elements in this game or gone full out RPG with the loot and weapon progress.

There is no sense to leveling up. No real rewards or sense of accomplishment for doing anything. They have an inspect feature that doesn't work. But even if it did, it wouldn't matter as everyone would have the exact same weapons, only with a few minor changes because of mods. The fact that a game of this size has gotten old this quickly is quite pathetic.

Sanguinesun
04-07-2013, 11:11 PM
I warned the devs in alpha that this game was going to suffer a serious identity crisis because people were going to be all over the place in feeling the game was trying to be x y or z in the developers minds but in the players' perceptions of it being an X or a Y or a Z. Most of this thread reflects this and as well of course some other short comings that the game is suffering.

Going along these lines, some think there is going to be a flood of things to massively expand the game and they're banking their investment in purchasing the game on that "potential" and speculation. Im afraid though that many of those people will also be disappointed because I think just as the X Y Z thinking folks, their expectations are higher than the developers planned implementation.

Additionally I've come to see how not 1 but two people involved in the management of the game have tried to spin some of the issues of the game as only having been recently cropped up or launch related only when many alphas voiced those issues and concerns well in advance(months in some cases) of launch. Their willingness to say such things in such manner and in context with everything else that has/is transpiring has me both disappointed and concerned with those that are steering this game in a bad direction.

Am I quitting? No. Do I hold the same hope and enthusiasm for the game prior to launch on the game's success? No.

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 11:18 PM
I dislike the fact that there is little to no loot, or weapon progression in the game. I understand that its not an MMORPG. But what I don't understand, is that if its not trying to be one, why did they add RPG elements in the game? Why give players a loot based game, but make the loot and weapon progression terrible?

There's only like 20 different guns... Sure there are hundreds of different mods but they do so little, its pathetic. They label this game a "shooter", but then make perks and mods that have to do with melee!? That defeats the enter purpose.

What also gets me is the fact that they call this an MMO, when really, the only thing MMO about it is the fact that you can see other people online running around. The only "online" play about this game is the Arkfalls, which get old really fast, as they are the same thing over and over again, with no rewards. You can't do quests with anyone. You're only allowed to group with 4 people. Co-op missions allow only 4 people and give you no rewards. The only aspect aside from arkfalls that invoke the MMO gameplay are the roadside instances that you constantly come across, which are really short... and there's only like 8 different ones

I agree with these three paragraphs completely 100% absolutely positively definetly. However, I already spent the $60, so I might as well stick it out.

If it doesn't get better, ill leave it in my game case and play it once a week after the episodes. It is not terrible enough for me to quit though

War5torm
04-07-2013, 11:21 PM
I agree with these three paragraphs completely 100% absolutely positively definetly. However, I already spent the $60, so I might as well stick it out.

If it doesn't get better, ill leave it in my game case and play it once a week after the episodes. It is not terrible enough for me to quit thoughAs a $60 game, its well worth it. However, its not a game I will play for months because of the problems I find with it.

All this game has to do now is hold me over until April 23rd, when Dead Island: Riptide comes out :)

Zyvaks
04-07-2013, 11:22 PM
step 1. make character
step 2. get gun

congratulations, you're now just as strong as a player with a 5000 ego rating

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 11:25 PM
step 1. make character
step 2. get gun

Isn't that the point?

Jeronan
04-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Isn't that the point?

If that's the point, then why have a loot system? Why have an EGO rating? Why have perks that have so misserably little impact?

And all because to keep PVP balanced? ROFL! PVP is in total shambles and an utter joke!

So what has this game going for then? Pretty much nothing really.

The true PVP gamers will avoid this game like the plague and stick With the games they already have and actually work.

So that leaves us in the end With the PVE gamers who are stuck in a botched game all for the sake of failed PVP.

DoomPatrol85
04-07-2013, 11:31 PM

I honestly think you need to wait a little longer cause what your playing now is basically the prequel to the show, our actions and stuff won't be showed till the show has started and they release new episode missions and DLC. Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujghUFTz53I and you will already get an idea of stuff they have plan, which whats shocks me not many clearly watched this but they want you to name your characters realistically cause for season 2 of the show someone will win a chance some how ingame to be on the show as their arkhunter.

Sargonnax
04-07-2013, 11:34 PM

Or maybe you could actually read because its not hard to find information.

War5torm
04-07-2013, 11:34 PM
step 1. make character
step 2. get gun

If that's actually how it was, then it might not have so many complaints.

However, it dangles things like loot, weapon progression, quests with friends and gear in your face... Only for you to realize that none of that matters and makes no difference what-so-ever.

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 11:35 PM
If that's the point, then why have a loot system? Why have an EGO rating? Why have perks that have so misserably little impact?

And all because to keep PVP balanced? ROFL! PVP is in total shambles and an utter joke!

So what has this game going for then? Pretty much nothing really.

The true PVP gamers will avoid this game like the plague and stick With the games they already have and actually work.

So that leaves us in the end With the PVE gamers who are stuck in a botched game all for the sake of failed PVP.

I honestly don't believe that PvP is all that important to this community. This game is focused much much more on its co-op PvE

Jeronan
04-07-2013, 11:36 PM
I honestly think you need to wait a little longer cause what your playing now is basically the prequel to the show, our actions and stuff won't be showed till the show has started and they release new episode missions and DLC. Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujghUFTz53I and you will already get an idea of stuff they have plan, which whats shocks me not many clearly watched this but they want you to name your characters realistically cause for season 2 of the show someone will win a chance some how ingame to be on the show as their arkhunter.

With most of the People not even able to watch the TV show (or rely to pirating it).... I fail to see how the show is going to save this game and fix the meriad of issues plague'ing this game.

Sargonnax
04-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Will it really matter?

Im happy to see at least some people have common sense on these forums

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 11:38 PM
With most of the People not even able to watch the TV show (or rely to pirating it).... I fail to see how the show is going to save this game and fix the meriad of issues plague'ing this game.

The show ties to the game. The show will develop week long goals for the ark hunters to pursue. If the goals are not completed by the end of the week the game world will reflect the failure. The show should explain it all

War5torm
04-07-2013, 11:42 PM
I honestly don't believe that PvP is all that important to this community. This game is focused much much more on its co-op PvE
Then why all the limitations? What is the point of limiting how strong someone is?

Everything has been limited so that people stay the same strength throughout the game... And for what?

So players will be evenly matched in PvP. There is no point in limitations on players strength in PvE. It doesn't make sense.

Defiance is literally a single player game (that limits your progress and gives you no rewarding feeling), with 4 player co-op features... And you always need to be online to play

Jeronan
04-07-2013, 11:45 PM
The show ties to the game. The show will develop week long goals for the ark hunters to pursue. If the goals are not completed by the end of the week the game world will reflect the failure. The show should explain it all

Did you even read my post you're quoting? How can the show explain it to all those People who cannot even watch it?

Again. The TV Show is not going to fix the issues plague'ing this game nor will TRION be able to add a lot of content every week. Impossible.
Maybe like 1-2 episode missions a week. That's like a hour of content tops.

Eat the Path
04-07-2013, 11:46 PM
If I could get a refund, I would but I got my code through GMG, so I'm out of luck.

I'm determined to get at least one month of play out of this while I reflect on my poor lack of judgement in trusting Trion after Storm Legion. Thanks for turning Rift into a Korean grinding MMO, by the way. But even while just playing it casually after work I'm pretty close to completing all the before-DLC content and that just boggles the mind, that I can't even get one month from the base game.

Where's my incentive to spend more money on the game? Especially when 95% of all side quests are "WE NEED TO STOCKPILE THE MATERIALS". Driving up to something, pressing E and then driving away before any enemies spawn is not a mission.

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 11:48 PM
Then why all the limitations? What is the point of limiting how strong someone is?

Everything has been limited so that people stay the same strength throughout the game... And for what?

So players will be evenly matched in PvP. There is no point in limitations on players strength in PvE. It doesn't make sense.

Defiance is literally a single player game (that limits your progress and gives you no rewarding feeling), with 4 player co-op features... And you always need to be online to play

Arkfalls are ranked right? I don't see it being fair if players carrying nukes can 1 hit kill the hellbug hellion while a bunch of EGO 40's are trying desperately to poke with their smg's

The Devs don't want vets to take preference over the little guys. The game is designed to make the entire world feel equal

Taaltos
04-07-2013, 11:49 PM
+1.

What silence?

http://community.defiance.com/en/

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Did you even read my post you're quoting? How can the show explain it to all those People who cannot even watch it?

Again. The TV Show is not going to fix the issues plague'ing this game nor will TRION be able to add a lot of content every week. Impossible.
Maybe like 1-2 episode missions a week. That's like a hour of content tops.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it is not a requirement to watch the show AND play the game. They can obviously be done separately, but the show will TIE TO THE GAME, not control it...

Did you even read my post you're quoting?

Agent T8235
04-07-2013, 11:53 PM
+1.

How have they been silent? There is an entire Dev Tracker forum

LacesUntied
04-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Not me. I've been enjoying what I've played so far & I know that the Trion team is working their tails off to get everything sorted out.

Jeronan
04-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but it is not a requirement to watch the show AND play the game. They can obviously be done separately, but the show will TIE TO THE GAME, not control it...

Did you even read my post you're quoting?

If you do not watch the Show you cannot feel the Tie in Connection. Which makes the Whole thing moot.
It will dumb Down the Whole episode missions to just another regular mission like all the others.

I Rest my case.

Ragnorath
04-08-2013, 12:05 AM
If you do not watch the Show you cannot feel the Tie in Connection. Which makes the Whole thing moot.
It will dumb Down the Whole episode missions to just another regular mission like all the others.

I Rest my case.

people well find a way to watch the show if thay really want to

Agent T8235
04-08-2013, 12:11 AM

I Rest my case.

Cant you just pretend the show doesn't exist then? Its like hating cookies because you don't have milk to go with them. yes cookies are better with milk, but you don't need them together. Just don't drink the milk

Jeronan
04-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Cant you just pretend the show doesn't exist then? Its like hating cookies because you don't have milk to go with them. yes cookies are better with milk, but you don't need them together. Just don't drink the milk

All I am saying is... this game is hyped about the Whole Connection between TV show and the game.
Well if you do not watch the show nor able to watch it (which is the case for most... not everyone likes to pirate, especially since a lot of countries have implemented laws against even downloaders) ....

... then there will be nothing special about the Episode missions. They will have no meaning and will feel disconnected, due to the missing input from the TV Show.

NeoDraven
04-08-2013, 12:20 AM
All I am saying is... this game is hyped about the Whole Connection between TV show and the game.
Well if you do not watch the show nor able to watch it (which is the case for most... not everyone likes to pirate, especially since a lot of countries have implemented laws against even downloaders) ....

... then there will be nothing special about the Episode missions. They will have no meaning and will feel disconnected, due to the missing input from the TV Show.
No One Cares about your arguments, it seems like your just trying to create arguments to validate getting your post count up. So not to be mean but maybe you should stop going on the forums just to bash the game, cause if you are why the heck did you spend 60$ on it? just so you could play it drop the controller rage at the game hit your head on the wall and post a facebook/youtube rage of why the game was not garnered for your specific specifications?

Agent T8235
04-08-2013, 12:20 AM

Maybe you're right, let's stick around and find out

Jeronan
04-08-2013, 12:26 AM
No One Cares.

If you do not care... then why not stay away from the forums and go hide in the game?
Instead you're just trolling every thread and pissing on the XBOX users who have legitimate complaint.
If it were the PS3 servers suffering the same as the XBOX servers.... you would be here crying all over too.

So go take a hike!

Agent T8235
04-08-2013, 12:29 AM
No One Cares about your arguments, it seems like your just trying to create arguments to validate getting your post count up. So not to be mean but maybe you should stop going on the forums just to bash the game, cause if you are why the heck did you spend 60$ on it? just so you could play it drop the controller rage at the game hit your head on the wall and post a facebook/youtube rage of why the game was not garnered for your specific specifications?

Ya man, you've got to stop trolling around. Your posts are getting a little intense

I'm a PS3 user and even I understand that XBOX is having troubles. I know there are bugs and they are a serious problem, and I also know the devs are working hard to fix them, I just don't believe that the game itself is bad

Sarin
04-08-2013, 12:29 AM
I really enjoy Defiance, the combat and world are brilliant and it's damn good fun to play with a few friends.

However, it gets stale way too fast. If you beat the storyline then you're left sitting with "well...wtf do I do now". Shadow wars are WAY too few and far between, no one seems to queue for them, co-op maps get boring quickly due to no uber l337 lewtz to grind for before you head to the next one. PvP, well, shotgun+stealth="lol ahaha look at my insane KDR AHAHA", (I use this because I'm a c*nt like the rest of them) I really cannot be bothered easter egg hunting for datapads just to get some samey boring looking helms.

They need a HELL of a lot of content to be added to this game if it wants to go anywhere.

NeoDraven
04-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Ya man, you've got to stop trolling around. Your posts are getting a little intense

I'm a PS3 user and even I understand that XBOX is having troubles. I know there are bugs and they are a serious problem, and I also know the devs are working hard to fix them, I just don't believe that the game itself is bad

I really enjoy Defiance, the combat and world are brilliant and it's damn good fun to play with a few friends.

However, it gets stale way too fast. If you beat the storyline then you're left sitting with "well...wtf do I do now". Shadow wars are WAY too few and far between, no one seems to queue for them, co-op maps get boring quickly due to no uber l337 lewtz to grind for before you head to the next one. PvP, well, shotgun+stealth="lol ahaha look at my insane KDR AHAHA", (I use this because I'm a c*nt like the rest of them) I really cannot be bothered easter egg hunting for datapads just to get some samey boring looking helms.

They need a HELL of a lot of content to be added to this game if it wants to go anywhere.

Look up the definition of troll, I just dislike most 360 users in general because of their self entitled attitude problems. I'm not bashing the game, that was aimed at Jeranon for his random rant comments because the games acting up for his system. Though it could be worse could be the Skyrim Beth forums first month of Skyrim release in PS3 section *shudder*.

Also if you ever unlocked any its a full outfit helmet/body just the system for some reason only shows helmet in preview the EMC heavy trooper makes you look like a Helghast soldier from Killzone.

Agent T8235
04-08-2013, 12:35 AM
Look up the definition of troll, I just dislike most 360 users in general because of their self entitled attitude problems. I'm not bashing the game, that was aimed at Jeranon for his random rant comments because the games acting up for his system.

Jeez, where is this coming from? Did a 360 user kidnap your family pet?

FMJ
04-08-2013, 12:38 AM
I am not close to quiting, but I am disappointed in a few things.

I like to play as a sniper, and they have done a reasonable job of that in terms of terrain et al.

But cloak is a wasted EGO, it just doesn't work, but it is part of the Snipe from the Shadows pursuit so I have to choose it.

Bolt Sniper Rifles are as rare as hens teeth, I am still using the Deadbolt, and I am at Demon Ranch in Madera. I have not seen one at a vendor or as a loot drop.

I am mainly a solo player, but like to be able to interact and group up with other players also. I even thought of Forming a clan, but interaction is too awkward atm.

Cost of death is too high, I have lifetime scrip of over 15k, currently I only have 10k, that missing 5k is just from dying. I have bought nothing from a vendor, no bolt sniper rifles remember.

I wish they would remove the time trials and hotshots from pursuit completion, as I suck at both, and have no desire to do them anyway.

All of that said, I still think this game has great potential, and I believe that the Devs are working their collective butts off to get things sorted. Not to mention the office staff and everyone else on the Defiance team. So I will stick with it, and see where it goes.

As for the show, I live in Australia, and I don't get cable t.v. so doubt I will be watching it, and as I don't believe in piracy I will just have to wait for the Blu-Ray discs to come on sale to see it. Go Grant Bowler.

Over all I understand frustration, it's normal, but nothing worthwhile comes easy, and it is obvious that they are trying so my advice is stick with it and give 'em a chance.

Cheers,

FMJ

NeoDraven
04-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Jeez, where is this coming from? Did a 360 user kidnap your family pet?

No just an annoying roomate who thinks he's a know-it-all, and no... to the pet things more of accidentally fed my dog chocolate for 2 months straight without me knowing (he didnt know it was bad for them "he says") and it cost me 1.2k of a surgery bill to get his intestinal tract fixed.

Agent T8235
04-08-2013, 12:43 AM

I like to play as a sniper, and they have done a reasonable job of that in terms of terrain et al.

But cloak is a wasted EGO, it just doesn't work, but it is part of the Snipe from the Shadows pursuit so I have to choose it.

Bolt Sniper Rifles are as rare as hens teeth, I am still using the Deadbolt, and I am at Demon Ranch in Madera. I have not seen one at a vendor or as a loot drop.

I am mainly a solo player, but like to be able to interact and group up with other players also. I even thought of Forming a clan, but interaction is too awkward atm.

Cost of death is too high, I have lifetime scrip of over 15k, currently I only have 10k, that missing 5k is just from dying. I have bought nothing from a vendor, no bolt sniper rifles remember.

I wish they would remove the time trials and hotshots from pursuit completion, as I suck at both, and have no desire to do them anyway.

All of that said, I still think this game has great potential, and I believe that the Devs are working their collective butts off to get things sorted. Not to mention the office staff and everyone else on the Defiance team. So I will stick with it, and see where it goes.

As for the show, I live in Australia, and I don't get cable t.v. so doubt I will be watching it, and as I don't believe in piracy I will just have to wait for the Blu-Ray discs to come on sale to see it. Go Grant Bowler.

Over all I understand frustration, it's normal, but nothing worthwhile comes easy, and it is obvious that they are trying so my advice is stick with it and give 'em a chance.

Cheers,

FMJ

I agree with everything in this post.

Bolt action rifles can be found more often in the san Francisco area (later in main missions) because they are awesome.

I'm fairly certain the show will aire on syfy.com so everyone that doesn't get cable can stream it on the internet

JonDav
04-08-2013, 12:46 AM

Cheers,

FMJ

I agree but I'm confused about something. Don't you only lose like 180 script when you die????

NeoDraven
04-08-2013, 12:57 AM
I agree but I'm confused about something. Don't you only lose like 180 script when you die????
5k loss so 180/death divide 5,000 by 180 = how many times he kept dying.