PDA

View Full Version : Can you still upgrade low tier weapons all the way to orange/yellow?

Light Energy
01-18-2017, 10:14 AM
I've seen conflicting information on the forum and in YouTube videos (possibly due to changes to the game over time) but can I just confirm the present set up (as of January 2017).

The article on 'Item Rarity' says:
A weapon or shield can be upgraded using Arkforge. With the arrival of Silicon Valley upgrading an items rarity will also lock it from further upgrades. Is it possible to still take a green weapon (for example) and keep upgrading its rarity (via the salvage matrix with arkforge) until it becomes orange or yellow? Or are the YouTube videos out of date?

I tried it once with a blue weapon and now is locked (as purple) and I don’t seem to be able to upgrade it any further. Is that always going to be the case? Or is there some way to ‘unlock’ a weapon again?

Thanks in advance.

Calm like a Bomb
01-18-2017, 10:16 AM
You can only take a t4/purple weapon/shield all the way to supreme.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-18-2017, 10:32 AM
When DLC 5 was released, this feature was released with it. It had long been advertised that all weapons would be able to be upgradeable to the Legendary tier(long before supremes were a thing). We had been talking about it in the forums for months. We were repeatedly assured that weapons would be able to upgrade from white to orange. Shortly after it was released, they disabled the function.

There were several excuses as to why this feature was removed. In my opinion, none were acceptable. We had been told for months about this feature. After it was removed, they completely changed the wording of the advertising for it. It was a classic example of "Bait and Switch".

With Trion, you learn to expect it.

It is what it is.

Calm like a Bomb
01-18-2017, 10:44 AM
We were also told that they were looking into making the Arkbreaker weapons supremeable but that apparantely got the axe.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-18-2017, 10:50 AM
We were also told that they were looking into making the Arkbreaker weapons supremeable but that apparantely got the axe.

It didn't get the axe, as much as, they realized they had let go of the staff that knew how to do it...JS

Bentu
01-18-2017, 12:13 PM
It didn't get the axe, as much as, they realized they had let go of the staff that knew how to do it...JS

I knew Kiwi was more than just a pretty face. :D

Light Energy
01-19-2017, 05:12 AM
Thanks for all the replies and clarification / explanation / back story. :)

I would have thought the coding would be pretty straight forward, since the process already exists for T1 -> T2, T2 -> T3 and so on. So you would just need to stop the items from being locked.

It could even be as simple as deleting a single line of code like the following:

weapon.status_locked = true;It's a shame when someone leaves (I have read about Kiwi on the wiki) but in theory they should pass on the mantle to someone else. :)

Gaige12
01-19-2017, 06:10 AM
I knew Kiwi was more than just a pretty face. :D

That was way before kiwi. Pretty sure he's talking about the people that actually MADE the game.

xSalemx
01-19-2017, 07:05 AM
They were let go? Or did they just move on to other things to better their career?
Usually if you have workers that excel more at the job which contribute to higher profits, those would be the ones you'd keep.

PithHelmetIrath
01-19-2017, 07:09 AM
They were let go? Or did they just move on to other things to better their career?
Usually if you have workers that excel more at the job which contribute to higher profits, those would be the ones you'd keep.

They were let go... from all of the information that I remember reading back in 2013. It's a typical move in game development, from what I've heard before.

xSalemx
01-19-2017, 07:38 AM
Well, damn. That's a shame. ):

Ah, was it something like this?
http://www.pcgamer.com/trion-worlds-layoffs/
One month after Defiance game release. Wow.