PDA

View Full Version : I'D Controlled Burst Magazine

Calm like a Bomb
01-19-2017, 07:12 PM
Any Reason To Use Controlled Burst Mags On These ID Weapons? Never used a CBM before, any benefits or reason to use on fully automatic weapons?

Riyo Chuchi
01-19-2017, 10:17 PM
Generally you put CBMs on semi-auto guns to help increase fire rate or to control a guns recoil (If you don't know how to let go of the trigger for a sec lol) so I don't really see and use for them since the synergy basically kills the recoil and the ARs are fully auto.

Bentu
01-20-2017, 12:03 AM
I bet I'm wrong but doesn't it turn the auto into a triple shot like the br?

scotty2119900
01-20-2017, 02:04 AM
To be honest i tried out a CBM on my AR expecting it to turn to a 3 shot pop, but instead of a 3 shot pop i got full auto fire and the 3 shot pop....bit weird it was but yeah i had full auto and the 3 shot pop mode...

Bentu
01-20-2017, 02:11 AM
To be honest i tried out a CBM on my AR expecting it to turn to a 3 shot pop, but instead of a 3 shot pop i got full auto fire and the 3 shot pop....bit weird it was but yeah i had full auto and the 3 shot pop mode...

When you look at the weapon card does the dmg go ???? x 3

Just wondering.

scotty2119900
01-20-2017, 04:50 AM
When you look at the weapon card does the dmg go ???? x 3

Just wondering.

Funnily enough it didn't, it stayed the same...
Didn't really pay that much attention to it because i made a mistake putting that one on and replaced it after 5 mins but yeah it didn't change...

Menetekel
01-20-2017, 05:35 AM
Don't know personally but I heard if you put the burst mag on the SMG it fires more like a blast rifle... just throwing it out there as you might want to give it a try and see what you think if you pick up a spare burst mag.

scotty2119900
01-20-2017, 06:53 AM
Don't know personally but I heard if you put the burst mag on the SMG it fires more like a blast rifle... just throwing it out there as you might want to give it a try and see what you think if you pick up a spare burst mag.

Will give this a try and get back to you...

Calm like a Bomb
01-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll try doing that on a junk gun just in case it does work out so I can retrieve the mod and put it on a decent rolled gun, otherwise off to the vendor they go...or I suppose I could throw em on a backpack weapon or weapon whose synergy idc about having all 4 parts unlocked.

Keeper Riff
01-20-2017, 11:33 AM
Controlled Burst Mag increases fire rate on SAW, VBI AR and VBI SMG by roughly 20% to 30% (the actual increase depends on your network latency). The recoil will increase greatly because it will fire two bullets instead of one each third shot (with latency delay added between them hence the uncertainty). It will not affect the card fire rate because it's a glitch. Also I'd recommend keeping another mag mod as a replacement in case they fix it.

To properly test it, capture a video with and without the burst mag and compare the time at which your gun will empty its mag.