PDA

View Full Version : Are all mass cannons capped

It be Broken
01-22-2017, 03:42 AM
I have heard that there is a problem with Critical mass not showing the correct damage numbers on the stats card. However the response to that has been that it does do the higher damage in the game.
I have got the problem with my T6 Echelon mass cannon not getting the superiority bonus. Whether I have my rig equipped or not the superiority damage bonus doesn't appear on the stats card.
Do the weapons really have the damage bonus in game or are we mistaking the Crit damage numbers for what the real damage numbers should be.
So back to my main question. Are all mass cannons capped and can only be enhanced by mods, mastery and rigs. Is superiority syn damage bonus subject to that cap. If this is wrong then why is a T6 Echelon mass cannon subject to the same bug that a Jackpot Expo weapon is.

Menetekel
01-22-2017, 02:49 PM
The problem is not with the mass cannons (no matter what type you have, CC, Critical, Decadence what have you) but with the load-out activation. Sometimes in order to get the load out to work properly you need to switch back and forth a couple times... particularly after first logging on. If I understand correctly your issue is with the superiority buff not activating. For that particular issue the easiest thing to do is to un-equip the weapon, leave the loadout screen, then go back in and re-equip the weapon. You should now see the superiority buff lit up (this issue is not Critical mass exclusive but can happen with any Superiority weapon or shield). Now you can check the number stats on the alt weapon or leave the loadout screen again then bring it back up. First check the superiority weapon to make sure the buffs are lit up and then check your secondary weapons.

The actual issue is with the synergy buffs not activating but this is actually more emblamatic of the whole load-out not activating. This can be observed with perks such as Killing spree or pumped up. Usually if you switch to a different loadout and wait about 30 seconds and then switch back to the other loadout (all of this is dependent on lag of course) it should activate all the perks and synergy buffs for you. The issue with load-out activation is very old, predating expos. The problem with Critical Mass has been fixed as far as myself and my friends on PC/NA who have one can observe with the synergy bonus activation being the primary problem. This occurs with my Requiem, Street Sweeper, and my superiority shield also not just my/our Critical Mass's.

You will know that the buff is working when the activation lights up... you could then compare the secondary weapon to a similar load-out with no superiority synergy in place, so as to compare your numbers. If you think this is all annoying... just remember they "STILL DON'T SHOW THE SHIELD CAPACITY INCREASE ON CARD VALUE!" So at least with weapons given some time and work, basicaly it's as simple as switching between load out or un-equipping then re-equipping the weapon... you will eventually see the damage increase transferred to the weapons card... where as unfortunately you will never have any proof that the shield capacity buff is actually working at all.

Hope this helps, sorry for the delay but this explanation was too long to type on my phone. Good luck with it and Good Hunting Arker.

Menetekel PC/NA

Skiller115
01-22-2017, 03:33 PM
I have heard that there is a problem with Critical mass not showing the correct damage numbers on the stats card. However the response to that has been that it does do the higher damage in the game.
I have got the problem with my T6 Echelon mass cannon not getting the superiority bonus. Whether I have my rig equipped or not the superiority damage bonus doesn't appear on the stats card.
Do the weapons really have the damage bonus in game or are we mistaking the Crit damage numbers for what the real damage numbers should be.
So back to my main question. Are all mass cannons capped and can only be enhanced by mods, mastery and rigs. Is superiority syn damage bonus subject to that cap. If this is wrong then why is a T6 Echelon mass cannon subject to the same bug that a Jackpot Expo weapon is.

Don't worry it's a bug that has been confirmed by many people. The issue is that superiority synergy doesn't change the card damage on weapons with sub munitions, but the 10% damage is added to the actual damage on target. You should test yourself on a turret at sutro tower (after you remove the plates first)

It be Broken
01-23-2017, 04:56 AM
I have confirmed what you have said by checking Purgatory and DC8. I saw that the same problem exists on the stats card. I think I will just switch the damages numbers off and not worry about it.

Thanks again for helping a first time Forum user.

Bentu
01-23-2017, 06:56 AM
Some good information there thank you I was aware of the syn not lighting up but didn't know about the mc issue.

Apart from the migraine inducing flashes that is :)