PDA

View Full Version : So, I finally pulled a charge blade

shane_dalvin
01-25-2017, 07:43 PM
It's a T3 Castithan Charge Blade. I was just wondering If it's pretty much one of the weakest ones you can get, what worth it has, and if it's the only type that you can pull from a 64key lock box or if there's a chance to get a better one.

Calm like a Bomb
01-25-2017, 07:46 PM
Those have no value besides what you can get from the vendor. They are untradeable...and yes you can get an oj version of it.

Menetekel
01-25-2017, 08:04 PM
Derp pretty much what Calm Like a Bomb said. Kind of disappointing they're not tradeable cosidering how rare they are... but the fact that they keep putting new chargeblades in the events makes it a moot point.

Johnny Stranger
01-25-2017, 09:35 PM
I've vendored at least two of these in orange rarity and countless t4 , t3,blades .. like was said before , for the rarity of these blades , pretty much useless nowadays

MataC
01-26-2017, 04:43 AM
if I'm not mistaken, 64 key lock box charged blades can be used by players with no DLC-s, so I guess that's the only benefit.

SPARTANx157
01-26-2017, 04:50 AM
they all said that lol, but for ur own enjoy is a waste too, the casthi dlc have better sword than that one and mostly blades are just for show and collect, i've all blades from rift just cuz i like them but i know they are useless...

MataC
01-26-2017, 06:01 AM
they all said that lol, but for ur own enjoy is a waste too, the casthi dlc have better sword than that one and mostly blades are just for show and collect, i've all blades from rift just cuz i like them but i know they are useless...

I don't see anyone mentioned what I said and not everyone has Casti DLC or any DLC for that matter, especially now when you can't buy them separately.

Calm like a Bomb
01-26-2017, 09:24 AM
if I'm not mistaken, 64 key lock box charged blades can be used by players with no DLC-s, so I guess that's the only benefit.

Yep, that's the only benefit. Players who don't own the dlc or are fortunate enough to have picked up an event jackpot blade can use the 64 key blades

Lake Superior
01-26-2017, 10:27 AM
Note: The OJ Keybox Casti blade has the same stats as the Chimera Fang (Which one gets as a reward from the Chimera for completing one of their Pursuits).
It is always nice to have some form of Blade in your inventory: Because Trion added to the butt-pain by ensuring that some Mobs will either glitch into, or spawn inside rocks/walls/walkways.
Some of the places this can happen are: Bathouse Volge Siege (Bomber drops inside walkway), Diablo Afflicted Siege (Mobs spawn inside walls), or various Arkfalls/Conflict Sites etc etc etc where mobs will spawn inside objects or underground.
Of course having a sword also makes getting melee kills for the Pursuit (The Blur-related one under Combat) a bit more fun. Even a Blue one.

01-26-2017, 10:31 AM
Note: The OJ Keybox Casti blade has the same stats as the Chimera Fang (Which one gets as a reward from the Chimera for completing one of their Pursuits).
It is always nice to have some form of Blade in your inventory: Because Trion added to the butt-pain by ensuring that some Mobs will either glitch into, or spawn inside rocks/walls/walkways.
Some of the places this can happen are: Bathouse Volge Siege (Bomber drops inside walkway), Diablo Afflicted Siege (Mobs spawn inside walls), or various Arkfalls/Conflict Sites etc etc etc where mobs will spawn inside objects or underground.
Of course having a sword also makes getting melee kills for the Pursuit (The Blur-related one under Combat) a bit more fun. Even a Blue one.

Never knew there was a melee kill pursuit. Lol.

Lake Superior
01-26-2017, 10:37 AM
Never knew there was a melee kill pursuit. Lol.
Melee, Grenade Kills, and skill level requirements in Pumps, Infectors, and BMG's are all part of the Combat Pursuits.

01-26-2017, 10:49 AM
Melee, Grenade Kills, and skill level requirements in Pumps, Infectors, and BMG's are all part of the Combat Pursuits.

Then it must be like 100 kills or something easy because i have completed those pursuits on 2 toons and never noticed any melee pursuits.

Lake Superior
01-26-2017, 10:51 AM
Then it must be like 100 kills or something easy because i have completed those pursuits on 2 toons and never noticed any melee pursuits.
It is.
In the case of 'Nades, they have two levels: 10 and 25 kills (btw).