PDA

View Full Version : Blur + ShotGun + Melee

HellOnOrion
04-07-2013, 03:29 PM
This crap is flat out stupid. There isnt much more you can say about this other than how stupid it is.

Stealth isnt crap compared to this combo that ive not only seen but used

you can drop anyone in half a second

Click blur - Run up shoot them twice with the shotty and melee them for the kill

By doing this you regen all your damage, you steal back ammo for your shotty, you run stupid faster after getting the kill

And if they happen to drop your shield when you are running in you get another 45% speed boost to just get in quicker or bail

The combo is crap and needs a damn nerf

Aeekto
04-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Ha.... i waited on that one :D
Now we just need two more threads:
1. about Overcharge being OP with instant reload on activation and bonus-damage
2. about decoy being OP because it uncloaks everyone and people keep shooting the wrong targets (if people actually start using it more often)

Galdoblame
04-07-2013, 03:50 PM
2. about decoy being OP because it uncloaks everyone and people keep shooting the wrong targets (if people actually start using it more often)

+1 xD

the combo isn't that strong. You can kill him before it get to you,specially since they DON'T CLOAK .

hell,poor shotgun,always blamed lol

Foxhop
04-07-2013, 04:33 PM
This is where working as a team is awesome....
for example, your sniper shoots the offending glowing blue man in the head. They are not that hard to spot.

Psyten
04-07-2013, 04:36 PM
easy fix for all these problems

remove powers and perks from basic pvp battles and leave them in for shadow wars

normal pvp will slow down alot and alot of fun to im sure

at the same time itl help promote shadow wars and still give a reason to find those leet items

S0LACE
04-07-2013, 04:41 PM
I'd just like to see less shotties, thats all.

Dont care about overcharge or blur or all this other crap. Just want to see the other weapon types used so I can use them as well.

Dislike the bummper car type game play shotties demands. Bump into dude, shoot dude. Kinda lame...

Drall
04-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Shotgun issue, not blur/melee issue...

Galdoblame
04-07-2013, 05:56 PM
easy fix for all these problems

remove powers and perks from basic pvp battles and leave them in for shadow wars

normal pvp will slow down alot and alot of fun to im sure

at the same time itl help promote shadow wars and still give a reason to find those leet items

No,i want to use my decoy or blur in pvp,and have that nice half damage when shield down.

Kaarous
04-07-2013, 07:28 PM

But, but... if everything is OP... what am I supposed to not use to maintain my false sense of moral superiority? The game can't be balanced, that's not fair...

/sarcasm

nuarblack
04-08-2013, 12:01 AM

I definitely think the OC thread is coming but decoy would be laughable. I think a buff to Decoy would solve the Cloak issues, namely make reviving people possible so the revive perks that envelop half of decoy have a purpose in pvp. I think that would up its use as it would definitely be the EGO to full fill that support role many players want with sensor sweeps and revive. Then maybe give OC some small counter to Blur and most things would be fine.

Aeekto
04-08-2013, 02:01 AM
I definitely think the OC thread is coming but decoy would be laughable. I think a buff to Decoy would solve the Cloak issues, namely make reviving people possible so the revive perks that envelop half of decoy have a purpose in pvp. I think that would up its use as it would definitely be the EGO to full fill that support role many players want with sensor sweeps and revive. Then maybe give OC some small counter to Blur and most things would be fine.

actually there allready have been some threads about decoy being OP in the past (but not since release because most people just pick the one thing most people claim itīs OP, even if itīs not).... people wanted to have an indicator like the name "Decoy" above its head so there is a chance not to get fooled and killed after :D

Edit: And just to fuel the fire, here is a little video of "blur <3" :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKZzkE6F5Gw

nuarblack
04-08-2013, 02:21 AM
actually there allready have been some threads about decoy being OP in the past (but not since release because most people just pick the one thing most people claim itīs OP, even if itīs not).... people wanted to have an indicator like the name "Decoy" above its head so there is a chance not to get fooled and killed after :D

Ha ha I definitely feel stupid when I shoot a decoy but seriously I can count those times on one hand compared to the hundreds of times I have been frustrated by being shotgunned to the face by a cloaker or circle bunny hop strafed by a Blur user. All EGOs except decoy are activate and immediately profit. Decoy requires actual thinking to use, has the longest CD and, the shortest effective duration because the gig is up once it hits something.

Tigress
04-08-2013, 06:50 AM
This crap is flat out stupid. There isnt much more you can say about this other than how stupid it is.

Stealth isnt crap compared to this combo that ive not only seen but used

you can drop anyone in half a second

Click blur - Run up shoot them twice with the shotty and melee them for the kill

By doing this you regen all your damage, you steal back ammo for your shotty, you run stupid faster after getting the kill

And if they happen to drop your shield when you are running in you get another 45% speed boost to just get in quicker or bail

The combo is crap and needs a damn nerf

This is nothing, i have a rocket launcher with the bio sludge that slows ppl down after that i'll throw a pyro grenade and finish with overcharge and gun. Works like a charm.

Shank 4 Giggles
04-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Decoy is probably the most balanced. Its ability to reveal cloaked enemies isn't very useful in PvE and it acts only to counter the occasional Cloak I see in PvP.

Blur can give someone a chance to avoid damage more so than can already be done by bunny hopping like a mad man. It also makes shotguns more annoying than they already are. Doesn't matter if it's shotgun imbalance or small maps. Shotguns are too common and powerful and Blur helps make it worse.

Cloaked enemies can be tricky to see even with a good HD TV. I feel bad for people with lesser TV's. Shotguns are made worse by Cloak, same as Blur.

TWrecks
04-08-2013, 11:47 AM
It's also a map issue due to los distances and how often you're in close proximity to other players... That being said decoy's cd could be lowered a bit, hip fire accuracy for lmg / ar could be upped a bit, but overall the balance is pretty good. Infectors are great, certain smgs are amazing, bmg in tank builds are amazing... I don't really have too much of a problem with blur as my FPS roots are based in twitch games like Quake / UT.

Honestly I have more issues with inventory / inventory ui / modding ui and the social aspects of the game like chat / voice chat. PVP is pretty damn fun.

Honved
04-09-2013, 01:04 AM
Ha ha I definitely feel stupid when I shoot a decoy but seriously I can count those times on one hand compared to the hundreds of times I have been frustrated by being shotgunned to the face by a cloaker or circle bunny hop strafed by a Blur user. All EGOs except decoy are activate and immediately profit. Decoy requires actual thinking to use, has the longest CD and, the shortest effective duration because the gig is up once it hits something.

Besides the fact that you can teleport with the decoy?

DC Zero
04-09-2013, 06:00 AM
Besides the fact that you can teleport with the decoy?

Thats the main reason I use decoy. Its a good escape tool. I throw it out in a corner and then run into a battle. If things turn bad then I can teleport back to safety and heal up with my BMG. Occasionally I get into a situation where I send it out to distract enemies, but I usually find more use for the teleport then the actual decoy.

Blur can also be really good, but I find it pretty difficult to use, especially if you are using a shotgun and trying to melee. I love zig zagging and dodging bullets, but when you get into actual melee range, it can be difficult to land the melee. Its very easy to over-shoot a target that is jumping and rolling.

Kroktar
04-09-2013, 06:16 AM
The problem with blur is the combo....You shot someone and get his shields on...then get closer to finally use your melee attack...which bypass the shields from the start.

Blur should knockdown people instead of bypass shields....but yeah then many people would start using it :p