PDA

View Full Version : If stability of the game continues like this...

Lake Superior
02-04-2017, 11:15 AM
The next event is going to be a nightmare.
This latest patch is about as stable as a glass of water on a teeter-tooter in a tornado.

Ronin9572
02-05-2017, 05:52 AM
In total agreement with you on this. IDK what they did for the last event but it was the worst ever as far as dc's, hard freezes, lag and I even had to experience PSN sign outs after every dc (wtf is that about). I even went out and spent more money on an even better wireless router and my ISP has been here testing everything and even have been monitoring my Internet and not even a hiccup. So Trion the ball is in your court. I was going to get a PP for ID cause I liked the syn and the weapons, glad I didn't now. I refuse to spend anymore money here until they at least work on stabilty. Ppl are going to stop buying PP if Trion don't fix stability soon. I'd be irate if i bought a years worth of Patron to be dealing with this now.So is this Trion's business plan to phase out consoles or what?

Lake Superior
02-05-2017, 03:04 PM
A list of bugs do far (And I do not care about possible rollback from the Devs):
1) Got a Gunslinger Pursuit for Pistols on Kat. Even though I don't HAVE Gunslinger DLC. - Gave me 5 Ego on her.
2) The Blue Zones for Daily and Weekly sites are always shown to my toons when I am near them (Not on Map; just when I am near them).
3) Got my Combat Shotguns 5K kills Pursuit on Kat when she still had 2.4k kills left (I had checked how many I needed when I logged in). - I went to a Mutant minor Arkfall; completed it; and the Shotgun Pursuit popped.
4) The ridiculous amount of lag spikes are ridiculous. Causing Mobs that are "dead" to be able to keep shooting; Terrible rubber-banding; Grouping for Co-ops and Expos to bug...etc etc etc.
Come on Devs. Fix this before you drop another Bitstore event drive.

DEATHBRINGER210
02-05-2017, 03:27 PM
the stability of the game servers is really ugly. how do they just let it be this way without saying anything

Bentu
02-05-2017, 03:28 PM
A list of bugs do far (And I do not care about possible rollback from the Devs):
1) Got a Gunslinger Pursuit for Pistols on Kat. Even though I don't HAVE Gunslinger DLC. - Gave me 5 Ego on her.
2) The Blue Zones for Daily and Weekly sites are always shown to my toons when I am near them (Not on Map; just when I am near them).
3) Got my Combat Shotguns 5K kills Pursuit on Kat when she still had 2.4k kills left (I had checked how many I needed when I logged in). - I went to a Mutant minor Arkfall; completed it; and the Shotgun Pursuit popped.
4) The ridiculous amount of lag spikes are ridiculous. Causing Mobs that are "dead" to be able to keep shooting; Terrible rubber-banding; Grouping for Co-ops and Expos to bug...etc etc etc.
Come on Devs. Fix this before you drop another Bitstore event drive.

Are you playing on the moon via wifi or what that's some bad lag for a pc player, just saying.

Lake Superior
02-05-2017, 04:11 PM
Are you playing on the moon via wifi or what that's some bad lag for a pc player, just saying.
I have said this before (Also note that the bugs mentioned have nothing to do with ping/lag. Like the Gunslinger giving me 5 ego even though I don't HAVE Gunslinger): My ping to the Trion server is pretty good. Usually between 25 and 40. Though i have noticed spikes up to over 100; but not very often.
But my FPS, and the aforementioned problems are terrible. FPS will jump around between 10 and 30, and is never stable.
My system though old is pretty solid. And it's not like Trion has added much that would effect basic performance (My system/gpu handles the game well on medium settings).
I get better performance from WoT. And it's video demands are heads and shoulders above Defiance.
I can also play Forgotten Hope on a server based in Germany with better performance (And that is at a 300 ping).
In any case: The degradation of the game's performance since the last patch is horribad.

Chonchan
02-05-2017, 05:21 PM
Stop playing this turd. Trion cares nothing for this game. It's obvious and a shame. The game has so much potential. I've moved on to anything other than defiance. I will also NEVER play another trion game for as long as I'm alive. I will also do my best to discourage others from playing Trion games. My son likes Trove but I told him to delete it. Trion needs to get it together. The problem is they never will.

Ronin9572
02-05-2017, 05:30 PM
#anotheroneseesthelight

Menetekel
02-05-2017, 06:46 PM
Trion cares nothing for this game.

It's funny I stopped playing the game for Trion's sake a long time ago... probably around the time of the piper shield nerf... I play now for the friends I have in the game as they're what make the experience enjoyable.

Lohycore
02-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Not to jump on the "lets trash Trion" train, but I've gone from patiently waiting, to impatiently waiting, to frustrated, to irritated, and well on my way to angry with Trion. I have played AA (glad to say I dropped that quick), still play Rift some, and play Trove when my son asks me to join him. Before Rift went f2p, it was a joy to play, but has went downhill since in terms of lag, d/c's, bugs, etc. AA had problems the entire time I played, but I chalked that up to being new. Played Trove off and on since beta, and have had/still having the same lousy experience. A nephew finally talked me into trying Defiance, and I'm finding the same problems here, and this is the Trion game I've enjoyed the most.

Other games I've played NOT handled by Trion have their fair share of problems from time to time, but in between those times my gaming experience is good. Trion very rarely provides problem-free gaming. At the end of last year, they were blaming it on just about everything that could possibly be blamed; hardware, software, and the largest culprit, of course, was their isp.

I blame most of Trion's problems on their constant events going on. They never get all of one events problems solved before the next events problems start to cause problems. I'm in no way a dev, but it seems to me that maybe they should ease-up on the events. Hosting 6 games, with events usually going on at the same time for each game, might be a bit more than their isp, hardware, software and probably understaffed team can handle.

Okay, my crying is through. Time to get back on and shoot at enemies frozen in mid-air.

PithHelmetIrath
02-06-2017, 06:23 AM
#anotheroneseesthelight

http://i.imgur.com/Cx0NV42.gif

Ronin9572
02-06-2017, 08:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Cx0NV42.gif

Man i hate when that happens...

stoodakiss
02-06-2017, 10:34 AM
It's funny I stopped playing the game for Trion's sake a long time ago...

how did it benefit trion?

Lake Superior
02-07-2017, 10:14 AM
Adding the following to the list of bugs that have occurred: On two occasions I have hit the following keys and have had the stupid store screen pop open: I (nventory), Esc, and Ctrl.
Happened last night and this morning.

Lake Superior
02-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Adding comment on the game outside of the Event Arkfalls: Whatever has been done has spread to all aspects of the game. Even dailies/Weeklies are a rubberbanding nightmare.
Can SOMEONE on the Dev team please get to work on fixing this? We're headed back to the bad old days of when the game launched, and then when F2P dropped.
And if anyone wonders what the bad old days were like: Just watch Angry Joe's review of Defiance.

Bentu
02-07-2017, 08:00 PM
Yes I'd noticed that the rubber banding was spreading to other parts of the game and I'd always associated it with pc and not consoles.