PDA

View Full Version : bring back the villains!!!

Cygnus
02-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Thank you all for your time. The intent of this post is to improve the game and make it more fun by either giving the players a game worthy of promoting and increasing the player base or forgiving those who are no longer with us and giving them a second chance in the hopes of restoring the population.

Imagine Star Wars without vader, a super bowl without a controversial cheater. Anti heros and rivalries are essential to create passion. Love them or hate them, thats what we do. A great hero always has a nemisis or nefarious villian. Even jerry had tom. Without villians there can be no heros. So please bring back these so called villians of defiance!!!

Since the last ban hammer dealt its crushing blow to defiance on xbox na, essentially devestating the player base, the game has gone stale. The knowledge and history of the last 3 years wiped away with a keystroke. Gone are players with scrip and gear to trade. Gone are the rivalries of clans and pvp players. Gone are the groups running expos and co ops. Spring is coming....

I fear the ban has started a mass extinction event. With every player banned, first their friends left, and then their friends left, and so on. For every player banned the game lost a half dosen or more easily. The games player base was barely hanging on before the ban because of a lack of transparency, no new content, bugs never getting fixed, constant disconnects. It has survived mostly because of the social aspect. But when all your friends are gone, who wil you trade with? Who will you show and share your rare gear with? Those who are gone were dedicated, passionate players of defiance, and they spent lots of money too!! They were the ones keeping defiance alive, full, and fun, buzzing with activity.

I ask the developers to reconsider thier permanent ban and show mercy, forgiveness, and goodwill. Please make these sanctions temporary or time served. Please do so quickly before we lose more players. With all the talk of bans in games and in the news lately....

Please do so in the spirit of the nation and valentines day, I think it would be in the defiances best interest and a grand gesture to its citizens to make the ban go away, restore the population and stop the exodus! Show some love!! Bring back the villians!!!

Sincerely,
Cygnus of lucian alliance
The last active original founder of a daredevil clan on xbox na and daily player since beta.

Princess Daisy
02-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Cheaters got banned because they were destroying the game by duplicating and destroying the rarity of scrip, items, forge, chips, etc -- the biggest cheaters included some "daredevil"/rubbish clans on xbox na that are now empty.

The pipe dream that there's game value for this behavior or that it's an anti-hero archetype worthy of praise is ridiculous at best and pathologically manipulative and idiotic at worst.

Thank you Trion moderators for finally taking action.

BTW, even banned players can just create a new account and earn their items like everyone else. If they're unable to get an appeal, these players can always just create a new account and forgo their ill gotten gains. Nothing prevents them from playing from scratch and grinding for their scrip, forge, items like everyone else.

Cygnus
02-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Cheaters got banned because they were destroying the game by duplicating and destroying the rarity of scrip, items, forge, chips, etc -- the biggest cheaters included some "daredevil"/rubbish clans on xbox na that are now empty.

The pipe dream that there's game value for this behavior or that it's an anti-hero archetype worthy of praise is ridiculous at best and pathologically manipulative and idiotic at worst.

BTW, even banned players can just create a new account and earn their items like everyone else. If they're unable to get an appeal, these players can always just create a new account and forgo their ill gotten gains. Nothing prevents them from playing from scratch and grinding for their scrip, forge, items like everyone else.

Calling players cheaters is ignorant. Defiance has always been tounge and cheek. Finding ways to complete contracts and pursuits always had multiple paths. Im not going to debate or defend players actions or criticize developers because that is against the forums TOS. If you are the type of player we have left, I rest my case. None of these so called cheaters were banned because they were thieves or scammed new players.

mitch00uk
02-05-2017, 04:55 PM

I agree in principal . Every case is different and i cannot comment on the banned lot as i don't really have much idea f what happened.

I'm no innocent and have had issues in my past with police. But i have always took my punishment . Because before i did the crime i knew what would happen if i was caught.

Thats all i have to say.

Cygnus
02-05-2017, 04:58 PM
I agree in principal . Every case is different and i cannot comment on the banned lot as i don't really have much idea f what happened.

I'm no innocent and have had issues in my past with police. But i have always took my punishment . Because before i did the crime i knew what would happen if i was caught.

Thats all i have to say.

You were givin a trial and the right to defend yourself. These players werent, Just labled guilty

hellspawnx19x
02-05-2017, 05:02 PM
10581 Hahahahaha

Cygnus
02-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Before we go of topic with a trump mentality. Let stay on topic. This thread is about giving the players a game worthy of promoting and bringing in new players or forgiving the vets and the restoring population or both

Cygnus
02-05-2017, 05:06 PM
Nice!! Ninja come back bro

hellspawnx19x
02-05-2017, 05:09 PM
ill be back in a few days XD

Bentu
02-05-2017, 05:13 PM
I doubt Trion will have taken this action lightly as I dare say those players may have been spending money in game also.

That said if those players concerned wish to play the game they can start on a new account.
I doubt that their xbx accounts were banned which could of happened if Trion had informed Microsoft.

Cygnus
02-05-2017, 05:16 PM
I doubt Trion will have taken this action lightly as I dare say those players may have been spending money in game also.

That said if those players concerned wish to play the game they can start on a new account.
I doubt that their xbx accounts were banned which could of happened if Trion had informed Microsoft.

After 3 years would you start over? Hell no

Bentu
02-05-2017, 05:23 PM
After 3 years would you start over? Hell no

After 3 year's of playing on xbx I started again on ps3 plus I value my account too much to take part in such things and told someone so very recently who wanted my activation link code as part of a trade.

hellspawnx19x
02-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Im also coming back after playing for 3 years, i gave everything away before i left....

Bentu
02-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Im also coming back after playing for 3 years, i gave everything away before i left....

That's something I could never do, well the part about giving the gear away that is, I spent too much time grinding and hard playing to get what I have except for some things I was gifted.

If for some reason I was to leave I'd just start playing another game and gradually drift away from here I suppose.

Cygnus
02-05-2017, 05:33 PM

I got a mk1 milking maid and a mincemeat to get you started.

hellspawnx19x
02-05-2017, 05:40 PM
I got a mk1 milking maid and a mincemeat to get you started.
Im sorry but i cannot accept those items( i still have my untradeables) I gave away 2billion + of gear. With nothing left :(

kettlecooked
02-05-2017, 06:02 PM

You're a good guy Cygnus...but I have to agree with the quoted poster ^.
I have no sympathy for cheaters, and I can't fathom how one could view them in a positive light.

Zoomer12
02-05-2017, 06:35 PM
Bring back the villains?

More like bring back the players that left because of the villains that would have otherwise stayed and had a good impact on the game.

Bentu
02-05-2017, 06:42 PM
Bring back the villains?

More like bring back the players that left because of the villains that would have otherwise stayed and had a good impact on the game.

Yes there was plenty of complaints about the inflated economy, only those who were involved in the exploits could really afford any of the high end gear unless you were one of the lucky one's who pulled them against trions weighted rng.

Cygnus
02-05-2017, 07:29 PM
I am opposed to cheating as im sure most are. We may also disagree with what constitutes cheating too. Painting these players with a broad brush and labeling them cheaters without giving them a chance to give their side or appeal is wrong in my opinion. I wasnt there, I didnt see it, and I dont walk in their shoes. So I cant speak for them.

My point is the codes have been removed the scrip n chips are gone. Why cant we forgive them their transgressions and restore the population. Is everyone so bitter that they cant see the benefit of a full n thriving defiance. If you love this game and have hope it will move to next gen consoles or turn into a franchise you must realize that if the population dies so does defiance. We need cool new stuff that works, which isnt very likely, but at the very least they could bring back players that can tolerate and love this broken game.

Im all for banning players that scam other players but trion says scammings legal in defiance. Arent scammers cheaters? We rub elbos with them everyday in defiance. Why are we so harsh and quick to condem those whos crime may have merely been being clever?

Bentu
02-05-2017, 07:37 PM
I am opposed to cheating as im sure most are. We may also disagree with what constitutes cheating too. Painting these players with a broad brush and labeling them cheaters without giving them a chance to give their side or appeal is wrong in my opinion. I wasnt there, I didnt see it, and I dont walk in their shoes. So I cant speak for them.

My point is the codes have been removed the scrip n chips are gone. Why cant we forgive them their transgressions and restore the population. Is everyone so bitter that they cant see the benefit of a full n thriving defiance. If you love this game and have hope it will move to next gen consoles or turn into a franchise you must realize that if the population dies so does defiance. We need cool new stuff that works, which isnt very likely, but at the very least they could bring back players that can tolerate and love this broken game.

Im all for banning players that scam other players but trion says scammings legal in defiance. Arent scammers cheaters? We rub elbos with them everyday in defiance. Why are we so harsh and quick to condem those whos crime may have merely been being clever?

They can appeal the decision as I believe some have and have been successful also as I said before they can always start new toonz.
With the way the game is now it won't take them long to hit 6k.

Princess Daisy
02-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Before we go of topic with a trump mentality. Let stay on topic. This thread is about giving the players a game worthy of promoting and bringing in new players or forgiving the vets and the restoring population or both

The GMs have let people know that lifting bans shouldn't be requested in the forums and that there is a clear appeals process.

As for this post, let's be clear -- this thread is about you trying to get a broad category of cheaters and apparently some of your friends/clannies that violated TOS and cheated (caught red handed) back into the game despite failing the appeals process. This means there was a lot of evidence that showed they broke the rules repeatedly. It's deceptive to group these cheaters into a broader category of "vets" and talk about restoring a healthy population or that the cheaters are some kind of anti-heroes and villains that we need in the game.

These were cheaters that knowingly and repeatedly broke the rules, were caught, and punished by permanent ban. They glitched paid items that defrauded Trion and defrauded other players that paid real money or played many hours to get these items. These cheaters are digital thieves in the real world breaking TOS and rules they consented to when they signed up for the game. It's pretty flippant to call this type of cheating "clever". It's also completely inaccurate and deceptive to equate the severity of these cheaters' crimes and TOS violations to in-game traders who are selling items with consent of both player-parties using in game approved rules on rare, seller-priced items. There aren't set prices in game for virtual goods traded between players-- it's defiance, not walmart ... you don't get an everyday low price in zone ;-)

Most importantly, the real cheaters you want back in the game not only managed to cheat Trion of paid material, but also destroyed the game mechanics by introducing forged currency and breaking rarity ratios established by world level rules setup by the game makers. Their cheating behavior had real impacts that broke the game itself. We never had hundreds of ultra rare expo drops (requiem, ark shields etc), hundreds of supreme chips and paid rigs, or older rare T5'd jackpots until these cheaters broke the game. There was never hundreds of billions of scrip until these cheaters broke the game. If they continued doing this in the game it would've been pointless to play. Why even grind or buy bitboxes when jps, rigs, bitbox guns or shields are as common as white weapons and shields?

Like several other posters have stated, players that cheat and glitch to get what they want have probably lost the community good players that would have enriched our game community. It certainly made most of our rarest items less valuable and created huge inflation that made items unobtainable by regular players.

If the banned cheaters that failed appeals want to return (which I hope they don't), they can always start over and play the game as it was intended instead of taking illegal shortcuts and ruining the franchise for the real players new and old. Otherwise, I hope you can spend your time with them in whatever game allows the type of cheating you're glorifying.

Cygnus
02-05-2017, 10:31 PM
Like moses, im just tryn to get my people back to the promise land.

Princess Daisy
02-05-2017, 10:41 PM
Like moses, im just tryn to get my people back to the promise land.

Why not just go to them instead of bringing them back? There's only one of you left ;-)

Bentu
02-05-2017, 11:09 PM
Why not just go to them instead of bringing them back? There's only one of you left ;-)

I didn't know SG1 were part of Trion.

Cygnus
02-05-2017, 11:14 PM
I didn't know SG1 were part of Trion.
Lol so hard!!😂
Thank you bentu!!

Cygnus
02-05-2017, 11:35 PM

Actually there are quite a few of the alliance still around. We are a underground organization, many of our members wear colors of the other major clans. We run things behind the scenes. Your clanmate might be a lucian and youd never know.Thats why you dont hear from our other members. I am their founder, as such, I am the voice of the alliance. Youre just mad we rejected your application due to your past history. Thats why you continue to harass and disparage lucian leadership

Cygnus
02-06-2017, 12:02 AM
We apear to have gone off topic again. This post is for restoring or refreshing the population of defiance on xbox na. I will not respond to any more post that intend to vilify players who cant defend themselves

The intent of this post is to improve the game and make it more fun by either giving the players a game worthy of promoting and increasing the player base or forgiving those who are no longer with us and giving them a second chance in the hopes of restoring the population.

hempman
02-06-2017, 12:08 AM
Most importantly, the real cheaters you want back in the game not only managed to cheat Trion of paid material, but also destroyed the game mechanics by introducing forged currency and breaking rarity ratios established by world level rules setup by the game makers. Their cheating behavior had real impacts that broke the game itself. We never had hundreds of ultra rare expo drops (requiem, ark shields etc), hundreds of supreme chips and paid rigs, or older rare T5'd jackpots until these cheaters broke the game. There was never hundreds of billions of scrip until these cheaters broke the game. If they continued doing this in the game it would've been pointless to play. Why even grind or buy bitboxes when jps, rigs, bitbox guns or shields are as common as white weapons and shields?

Like several other posters have stated, players that cheat and glitch to get what they want have probably lost the community good players that would have enriched our game community. It certainly made most of our rarest items less valuable and created huge inflation that made items unobtainable by regular players.

this is what is Truth.
theres No Way those people should be forgiven for helping to tank the game economy,
and ruin it basically for most of the rest.

sorry Cygnus,ik you are a good guy,but this is too far into the dark side...

Chump Norris
02-06-2017, 12:27 AM
They probably should have went with an inventory and scrip wipe so people could keep using their character and DLC if they wanted to continue playing, but at this point id say its over and whats done is done.

richardkrainium
02-06-2017, 01:41 AM
The GMs have let people know that lifting bans shouldn't be requested in the forums and that there is a clear appeals process.

These were cheaters that knowingly and repeatedly broke the rules, were caught, and punished by permanent ban. They glitched paid items that defrauded Trion and defrauded other players that paid real money or played many hours to get these items. These cheaters are digital thieves in the real world breaking TOS and rules they consented to when they signed up for the game. It's pretty flippant to call this type of cheating "clever". It's also completely inaccurate and deceptive to equate the severity of these cheaters' crimes and TOS violations to in-game traders who are selling items with consent of both player-parties using in game approved rules on rare, seller-priced items. There aren't set prices in game for virtual goods traded between players-- it's defiance, not walmart ... you don't get an everyday low price in zone ;-)

not to point any fingers here but ya might want to check you own clans history before going off on a tangent. clan vs clan should have never been mentioned. the main person responsible for most of the damage was dealt with over 6 months ago.

in my opinion.. the ban last month for creating new chrs was pety at best considering nothing has been done to ban those that duped in the exchange, or to those currently using exploits for whatever reasons...also they didnt do much of anything to the people responsible for the part i quoted above and all that damage was done while the exchange was in game. has nothing to due with current ban

instantlatte
02-06-2017, 07:15 AM
So OP is comparing cartoon villains to glitchers who exploit the game to gain an advantage? :o

Skiller115
02-06-2017, 07:36 AM
Ah this thread made me chuckle. Not a surprise that some friends and clan members of op got banned lol! But this is a stupid thread and those who we're banned most likely not only exploited the season 3 codes but also expos, coops, and pvp. It's good that those exploiters got permanently banned, probably were the same people who got the exchange removed because duplicating rare items to them was "clever use of game mechanics" lmao :rolleyes:

MasterProtector
02-06-2017, 08:12 AM
I can say i know some of these players he is trying to bring back. one such being of the kind who actively exploited various in game glitches such as decoying into rockfaces during shadow wars, one who consistently went into enemy spawns in freight yard and military academy. one such player who will leave match to avoid death. one such player who had taken part in multiple synergy exploits including the ion and ss exploits on a daily almost constant basis. one such player who already had multiple suspensions and temporary bans against them including the previous arkforge exploit which was done via the same means as the current permanent ban. So to even suggest a player who had multiple strikes or even multiple players whom also had multiple strikes against them should come back when they clearly broke TOS on something that had already been taken action on before with a mass wide temp ban that these players who are permanently banned now are players who already have received warning with prior temporary bans for defrauding trion by taking part in exploiting loopholes in their system and doing so daily. Like many others have already stated here that if you choose to follow the path of the cheater that you must be ready to face the consequences of being caught. frankly speaking there is no justification for any of those players to return. as others said appeals can be made but trion has a TOS for a reason...... they can do virtually anything they want with their game and make almost any claim they want within it as it is theirs it would be very hard to overcome that simple fact, that said the players now banned are indefinitely repeat offenders who had marks against them for similar use of exploits along with others against them.

To clear the air as well as what determines an exploit, in other post it was stated that at what point does an ignored bug stop being an exploit? Well we can ponder over those ignored bugs all day and argue over what makes them one, however when trion has made clear statements on whats an exploit and people proceed to still use those exploits I have absolutely no pity for them after that. Just because you believe a law may be stupid it does not hereby remove it from being applicable to you. There is a system, and when you cheat the system and especially so when you are caught there are consequences.... this permanent ban was justified because the players now gone had repeated this exploit even after a previous temporary ban on a similar issue and it was made clear that is was indeed an exploit along with other things.

That all said have a nice day will be reading for future updates.

stayloc
02-06-2017, 08:15 AM
Do you really think the world is better off with the villains? Do we not already have enough currently in the game. Is there not enough cheaters, hackers and glitchers currently to suit your taste. Really.....

Lightning19
02-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Actually there are quite a few of the alliance still around. We are a underground organization, many of our members wear colors of the other major clans. We run things behind the scenes. Your clanmate might be a lucian and youd never know.Thats why you dont hear from our other members. I am their founder, as such, I am the voice of the alliance.

I spit my coffee all over the place when I read this. Was the voice of The Godfather running through your head when you wrote this? Or what is more of an Optimus Prime thing to go along with your heros and villains theme? Lock up your weapons everyone, the Lucian are infiltrating your clans , lmfao

I'm sure your fraudster "friends" will be just fine. There are plenty of games out there that they can find ways to cheat in. When they get caught again, they'll just move on to the next game. After all, people like that, apparently, have nothing better to do anyways.

DEATHBRINGER210
02-06-2017, 09:38 AM
they should perma ban all cheaters. if they would issue these types of bans for 1st time offenders in pvp it would be great. they dont do enough to these players in pvp

Kalindrya
02-06-2017, 11:04 AM
Closing this thread as it is no longer constructive.