PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Mayor/event warning please

mitch00uk
02-10-2017, 10:54 AM
As a 5 month newbie i dont know if there ever was anything like this before....or why its not a good reason to have a event warning

As it stands you have to bring up a map every few minutes to find events starting. Which is quite an inconvenience.

It wouldn't be much effort to implement a on screen flash or text warning of upcoming events and time frames and to where they will be . ( i would have thought)

FOR an eg .....cc arkfall 2 mins the fork ( keep it to events and major arkfalls - not minor)

Anyone else see the benefit?

Calm like a Bomb
02-10-2017, 11:16 AM
Sounds good in theory, right...but if they did that, you think you have bad lag now just imagine everyone's friends hopping to your phase being given a 2 minute warning. Although somewhat inconvenient, it's just probably best as is. Pull up your map occasionally to check, have friends/group/clanmates call em out in chat, by whispers, sending you a pm w/o responding as a notification their at a major or hope someone calls it out in zone.

Fallen_Aingeal
02-10-2017, 11:20 AM
It would ruin the RNG experience.

Besides, what type of arkhunter would you be if everything was given to you. You wouldn't be, as you didn't have to "hunt" for your loot. It would be handed to you.

Feel entitled much?

mitch00uk
02-10-2017, 11:42 AM
dont feel as entitled as loads of friends that phrase hop no

By hunt i guess you mean open a map or get messaged by a friend.

i guess the best option is to friendship everybody

-The lag i get calm that makes sense - But Fallen facts are most use word of mouth or phrase jumping by having a massive friends list which most friends = names to jump to

But hunting = opening a map ( not really hunting is it) so entilted no not yet but i will friendship everyone i meet till i feel entilted

FistPumper
02-10-2017, 12:13 PM
I would just be happier with about a 1 or 2 WEEK notice that there was going to be an event, you know sent to the email that's registered to your account...... "Phase" or "Shard" hoping isn't that big of a deal, hookup with a decent sized clan and before you know it you'll have more Event AF's than you can shake a stick at.

Some players jump to friends in other "Phases" at the end of the Major they're at, let them do the hoping during the busy time of the day. And then later you can jump yourself.

And if I get another announcement that pops up on my screen I'm going to vomit and need a new tv or controller. The popups for consoles take up the top 1/3 of the screen and god forbid you're actually shooting at something..... "If it ain't broke don't fix it, or in Defiance..."If its broke, its working as intended"

mitch00uk
02-10-2017, 12:17 PM
I would just be happier with about a 1 or 2 WEEK notice that there was going to be an event, you know sent to the email that's registered to your account...... "Phase" or "Shard" hoping isn't that big of a deal, hookup with a decent sized clan and before you know it you'll have more Event AF's than you can shake a stick at.

Some players jump to friends in other "Phases" at the end of the Major they're at, let them do the hoping during the busy time of the day. And then later you can jump yourself.

And if I get another announcement that pops up on my screen I'm going to vomit and need a new tv or controller. The popups for consoles take up the top 1/3 of the screen and god forbid you're actually shooting at something..... "If it ain't broke don't fix it, or in Defiance..."If its broke, its working as intended"

I been friend-shipping and phrase jumped myself just now (first time) NOW I FEEL ENTILTED

zee_oh_six
02-10-2017, 12:52 PM
no.
i have been sieges where i and everyone else are caught up in it and never needed to pull up the map not knowing an arkfall was occuring.
if there was an alert some or all players would just ditch the siege and to me ruins both the siege and arkfall.

sometimes while that is happening, you can get to arkfalls by yourself at low threat levels. if higher ego players aren't paying attention better for you.

Calm like a Bomb
02-10-2017, 01:28 PM
I been friend-shipping and phrase jumped myself just now (first time) NOW I FEEL ENTILTED

https://m.popkey.co/77bcf1/VeO5m.gif

:)

Fallen_Aingeal
02-10-2017, 01:34 PM
The point is, we're not supposed to know when and where the thing is going to land. For some odd reason, they didn't have that technology.

If you remember, on the show, they only knew about the wreckage after it had fallen. And then, they only knew a rough estimation as to where it had fallen. Hence, having to hunt for it.

We are given that much. When it lands, it appears on our map. We can then use GPS to guide us exactly to it.

This is definitely not something that needs to be "scheduled".

mitch00uk
02-10-2017, 02:21 PM
https://m.popkey.co/77bcf1/VeO5m.gif

:)

lol lol your not wrong

zee_oh_six
02-10-2017, 02:35 PM
when i first started i didn't know fast travel existed.
i pretty much drove until i had to get to Silicon Valley

Bentu
02-10-2017, 05:37 PM
I don't need anymore useless information on my hud as it is there's far too much on there.

If they were to simplify the hud and then have it like your legend where you can pick and choose what information was on it then fine but don't add anymore bells and whistles please.

mitch00uk
02-10-2017, 06:21 PM
I'm fine now

I've friendshipped loads and loads today and have so many friends(ermm) that i should be-able to hop whenever

But do have 1 question.....how many phrases for the ps3 are there