PDA

View Full Version : CC Hotfix - Metamorph

r1p
02-14-2017, 02:34 PM
Is there a reason for removing the VFX animation that the Metamorph currently has other than it was unintentional? It's a cool effect that gives the gun some extra character and it seems silly to remove it just because it was "unintentional".

Light Energy
02-14-2017, 02:38 PM
LOL Great minds think alike :)

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?254493-Wed-Feb-15-Patch-Nuclear-Winter

The Metamorph was the first JP I saw from this event, so I thought it was really fancy new effect for all the event's JPs :).

Johnny Stranger
02-14-2017, 03:11 PM
Have to agree . Just told my friend his gun isn't going to have that effect . He wasn't impressed .. I was so impressed I might throw 4 m at one .. not anymore ...

Why don't you get rid of the blood splatter on my asaroth . That is a joke ...

Mr B
02-14-2017, 03:19 PM
I agree, it was a cool looking effect indeed :( .
But while you're at it devs, could you please fix mod appearance, so that they look how they're supposed to, instead of the seemingly set modded gun appearance?
And the low res textures?

konstantinov
02-14-2017, 03:19 PM
Have to agree . Just told my friend his gun isn't going to have that effect . He wasn't impressed .. I was so impressed I might throw 4 m at one .. not anymore ...

Why don't you get rid of the blood splatter on my asaroth . That is a joke ...

I thought about the azathoth until I shot a xaphan.

Menetekel
02-14-2017, 03:44 PM
So let me get this straight.... Trion screwed up in an awesomely good way.... and then they fixed it?

I offically give up they simply make no sense at all.

Charapoo
02-14-2017, 04:09 PM
So let me get this straight.... Trion screwed up in an awesomely good way.... and then they fixed it?

I offically give up they simply make no sense at all.

My thought is it's something they intend to sell on the bit store as an add on effect..

Calm like a Bomb
02-14-2017, 04:27 PM
My thought is it's something they intend to sell on the bit store as an add on effect..

I doubt it.

Ronin9572
02-14-2017, 05:11 PM
Can't give you too much of a good thing, that cost alot more...JS

Omega Maximus
02-14-2017, 05:31 PM
Wait....if we already have one with the cool VFX animation effect, is this going to be removed?? or does it only pertain to weapons dropped after this Hotfix?? I dont think we should lose this cool effect if we already have one.

OreoCheeseCake
02-14-2017, 05:37 PM
gif it back pls :x

Light Energy
02-14-2017, 06:24 PM
Wait....if we already have one with the cool VFX animation effect, is this going to be removed?? or does it only pertain to weapons dropped after this Hotfix?? I dont think we should lose this cool effect if we already have one.
My understanding is this will be global and retroactive; so all instances of the Metamorph will be patched. I assume this is because the 3D model, skin etc is only defined in a single location within the game's structure - change that template and it changes for everyone.

As one of my clan-mates said, perhaps they were planning to use this effect for a future weapon? :)

Since others have mentioned the current JP skins: a minor issue, but they don't seem to look the same on the log in screen either. This is partly down to lighting, but the log in screen does not reflect the weapon's nano:
https://s21.postimg.org/4k1bfhg1z/cc_jp_skin_logon.jpg

W84IT
02-14-2017, 06:54 PM
maybe it will fix some of the connection issues we have,or not...does the infector gets fixed too?

Bloodbath82
02-15-2017, 01:41 AM
I'm still horrified by these guns appearance. Just looks like an ugly pink blob no texture definition at all. They look nothing like the awesome detailed pictures posted here or anywhere else and I'm on console 360 NA not like it's dumbed down. I see my other guns textures perfectly. These are just plain ugly.

Destromathe
02-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Hey All,

The VFX that is currently on Metamorph is something that we are working on for a future release. This VFX is not complete, and was not intended to be attached to anything until a future synergy. We are removing the VFX because it was not intended, and is only on one Colony Courtship jackpot. Rest assured that you will see this again in the near future!

Johnny Stranger
02-15-2017, 09:57 AM
Thank you Destro , can you tone down or eliminate the sanguine extraction jackpots blood splatter , it really hinders the sighting aspect .

Gaige12
02-15-2017, 10:38 AM
They ought to fix the sight graphic on the Saprophyte. Put on a stab sight and it looks like an assault scope.

instantlatte
02-15-2017, 10:52 AM
Hey All,

The VFX that is currently on Metamorph is something that we are working on for a future release. This VFX is not complete, and was not intended to be attached to anything until a future synergy. We are removing the VFX because it was not intended, and is only on one Colony Courtship jackpot. Rest assured that you will see this again in the near future!

Fix the mg jp skins please

Undead
02-15-2017, 10:59 AM
I like my blood on AZZ and I think the new gun looks better with assault scope.... Simple fix don't like blood don't use SE weapons don't like the new skin don't use them

instantlatte
02-15-2017, 11:24 AM
I like my blood on AZZ and I think the new gun looks better with assault scope.... Simple fix don't like blood don't use SE weapons don't like the new skin don't use them

If you don't like us disliking the blood effect / mg skins then don't read the forums.

Undead
02-15-2017, 11:31 AM
If you don't like us disliking the blood effect / mg skins then don't read the forums.
It's not that some ppl dislike it but also that some do and if it was intended to be any different they would have made it that way... Everyone is free to there own opinion if they like it or not but it's how it's meant.. ppl still looking for these gun types and a few that have them dislike it just sell them others would appreciate them.

XFreshmanX
02-15-2017, 11:38 AM
what is vfx animation?

Undead
02-15-2017, 11:44 AM
what is vfx animation?

Visual grfx meta had ribbon effect surrounding it that wasn't intended but did look cool.

Lycan Nightshade
02-15-2017, 11:52 AM
I don't see why this had to be done right away, just takes away time from the event, and imo shows poor time management.

instantlatte
02-15-2017, 11:52 AM
It's not that some ppl dislike it but also that some do and if it was intended to be any different they would have made it that way... Everyone is free to there own opinion if they like it or not but it's how it's meant.. ppl still looking for these gun types and a few that have them dislike it just sell them others would appreciate them.

The skins are obviously broken. Look at the pictures i posted.

instantlatte
02-15-2017, 11:54 AM
The skins are obviously broken. Look at the pictures i posted.http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?254508-MG-jackpot-skins

Undead
02-15-2017, 11:55 AM
The skins are obviously broken. Look at the pictures i posted.

Agreed they do look distorted.. but that doesn't mean SE needs blood gone or the asslt scope

Undead
02-15-2017, 11:58 AM
I'd just rather see actual bugs fixed than just visual. Seems like a waste of time

Bloodbath82
02-15-2017, 01:00 PM
This is so sad. Arguing over which glitches to fix. This is pathetic trion. Perhaps instead of patching lil stupid things we can get a fix for something oh IDK that really needs it like Monterey pvp map which I haven't managed to set foot in. Just a quick way for me to crit. I know I'm not the ONLY player that can't complete this contract and it's been broken since you implemented the map where's the "unintended, oops let's fix something" for that.

Light Energy
02-15-2017, 03:19 PM
what is vfx animation?
The VFX (visual effects) animation can be seen here:
rz-DVlaTILc
I would describe it as swirling purple fireflies, which follow the weapon around :).

This is so sad.
Yeah :(.

It's easier to alter a material file (like editing a bitmap file in MS Paint) to change a weapon's skin etc than it is to change deeper game code (to fix bugs etc). Therefore they tend to do more of the former (since it is unlikely to break anything and requires minimal testing) than the latter.
Maybe Destro et al have too much on their plate...perhaps TRION needs to hire more or take people off other projects, but unfortunately this doesn't seem likely (unless management can be convinced or something). Do we need to write a petition to the powers-that-be, and get it signed by all patrons? Just an idea...

mitch00uk
02-15-2017, 04:07 PM
the jp i won (smg )to me is a disappointment, The only thing i liked was the purple fireflies type effect. It just dosen't have a jp feel about it.

But each to there own.

Fallen_Aingeal
02-15-2017, 05:25 PM
When is this "fix" happening? As of last night, mine still had the effect.

Calm like a Bomb
02-15-2017, 05:31 PM
When is this "fix" happening? As of last night, mine still had the effect.

Today supposedly, idk if it did. I havent recieved the smg jp.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?254490-Colony-Courtship-Hotfix-1-10-AM-PST-(6-PM-GMT)-February-15-2017

Fallen_Aingeal
02-15-2017, 06:37 PM
Today supposedly, idk if it did. I havent recieved the smg jp.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?254490-Colony-Courtship-Hotfix-1-10-AM-PST-(6-PM-GMT)-February-15-2017

Thank you. Will find out later when I log in.

Gonna be bummed. I liked the effect.

Calm like a Bomb
02-15-2017, 06:41 PM
Thank you. Will find out later when I log in.

Gonna be bummed. I liked the effect.

Idk if you caught this earlier in the thread

Hey All,

Zoomer12
02-15-2017, 06:46 PM
Mine doesn't have the effect after this mornings update.

otonagamer
02-15-2017, 07:07 PM
Gone! That was the coolest effect I ever saw in this game. It was nicely done when you move around. I hope it's coming back soon.