PDA

View Full Version : Livestream Q&A Answers

lnstantlatte
02-25-2017, 03:56 AM
Q: Would it be possible to implement some kind of a system to prevent players from pulling duplicate karma jackpots?
A: This is something we are reviewing. We want people to be able to get more out of say breaking a jackpot.

Q: when will a better buff to syphon and electric nano? (?)
A: syphon was buffed recently and we are happy where it is at. Electric still has its specific role, so we do not plan to make any changes to it.

Q: when arkbreaks weapons will receive supreme and reroll? (?)
A: These weapons will not ever be upgradeable to supreme. We are still looking into replacing the warmaster weapons with new ones in an upcoming update.

Q: Is there any planned content this year after armistice?
A: We have new events planned until the next cycle, which will be july. After that we will be working on future content and will update when we have more information.

Q: once the ark cycle is complete (year round events) will other in game events (sieges/incursions/emergencies) receive updating?
A: Yes we are definetely looking into updating things like sieges.

Q: When will expo weapons get replaced?
A: We just added all new shields so this will not be in our radar for a little bit. But we should be doing it in the coming months.

Q: Can we get the Epidemic bundle back to the bitstore again? The one with the green br !
A: We have re-released bundles in the past, and hope to do so again. We have no time frame for when this might happen.

Q: Can we get an increase to the amount of ammo available? Everything needs atleast 25-50% more, whilst LMG needs 50-75%.
A: We are very happy with where ammo values are, and we just recently buffed patron ammo pools.

Q: Will we possibly get more levels for guns past lv20? Maybe to 25 or 30.
A: This is something we may do.

I took these all from a very blurry screenshot of the Q&A paper they were holding in the stream.

mitch00uk
02-25-2017, 04:39 AM
thank you lnstantlatte‎, i would have missed these altogether had you not posted them

yee

Light Energy
02-25-2017, 05:34 AM
Thanks, lnstantlatte! :) I was going to screen capture the livestream for that very purpose...saves me the time.

I was expecting Destro or Fasti to post these on the forum somewhere, after the livestream ended...perhaps they forgot :confused:

Edit: I was re-watching the livestream and noticed a few (slight) differences on the piece of paper Destro held up, so thought I might as well include the blurred image and an updated/amended transcript (again thanks to lnstantlatte for doing most of the work already).

https://s32.postimg.org/oxcui6n1x/defiance_qanda_feb2017.jpg

Q: Would it be possible to look into implementing some kind of a system that prevents us from getting duplicate karma jackpots unless we’ve already pulled all current event jackpots?
A: This is something we are reviewing. We want people to be able to get more out of say breaking down a jackpot.

Q: When will a better buff to syphon and electric nano? (sic)
A: Syphon was buffed recently, and we are happy where it is at. Electric still fills its specific role, so we do not plan to make any changes to it.

Q: When Arkbreaks weapons will receive Supreme and reroll? (sic)
A: These weapons will not ever be upgradeable to supreme. We are still talking about replacing the warmaster weapons with new ones in an upcoming update.

A: We have 3 new events planned until the next cycle, which will be July, so keep an eye out. After that, we are working on future content, and will update when we have more information.

Q: Once the Ark cycle is complete (year round events), will other in game events (sieges/incursions/emergencies) receive any updating?
A: Yes we are definitely looking into updating things like sieges.

A: We just added all new shields, so this will not be in our radar for a little bit. But we should be doing this in the coming months.

Q: Can we get the Epidemic bundle back in the bitstore again? The one with the Green BR!
A: We have re-released bundles in the past, and hope to do so again. We have no time frame for when this might happen.

Q: Can we get an increase to the amount of ammo available? Everything needs at least 25-50% increase, whilst LMG needs 50-75%.
A: We are very happy with where ammo values are, and even recently buffed several ammo pools like rocket launchers. If you are running out of ammo, we recommend ammo spikes and pack rat boosts (patron as well).

Q: Will we (possibly soon) get more levels for guns to pass over lv20? Maybe to 25 or 30. Give us high lv players something to lv up still.
A: This is a great idea, and something we may do. However, we have to be careful about power creep, and not increase levels too high.

Ryim
02-25-2017, 07:38 AM
A: We have new events planned until the next cycle, which will be july. After that we will be working on future content and will update when we have more information.

If a Dev reads this, please clarify. I do believe the original question was asking about new content and meaning such as more maps, different enemies, etc, etc. Not pertaining to new events, which, while we do appreciate, are not really new, just re-cycled.

punisher2431
02-25-2017, 11:38 AM
Yayy my question got picked again. Last one is mine 😃

instantlatte
02-25-2017, 12:44 PM
Yayy my question got picked again. Last one is mine 😃

Personally i don't think we need anymore weapon levels. There's no reason.

Calm like a Bomb
02-25-2017, 12:54 PM
Personally i don't think we need anymore weapon levels. There's no reason.

Agreed. Fine as is.

punisher2431
02-25-2017, 12:56 PM
either way i hope its implemented

Calm like a Bomb
02-25-2017, 12:57 PM
either way i hope its implemented

Why? Explain your reasoning.

W84IT
02-25-2017, 01:42 PM
Q: Would it be possible to implement some kind of a system to prevent players from pulling duplicate karma jackpots?
A: This is something we are reviewing. We want people to be able to get more out of say breaking a jackpot.

A: syphon was buffed recently and we are happy where it is at. Electric still has its specific role, so we do not plan to make any changes to it.

A: These weapons will not ever be upgradeable to supreme. We are still looking into replacing the warmaster weapons with new ones in an upcoming update.

Q: once the ark cycle is complete (year round events) will other in game events (sieges/incursions/emergencies) receive updating?

A: We just added all new shields so this will not be in our radar for a little bit. But we should be doing it in the coming months.

Q: Can we get the Epidemic bundle back to the bitstore again? The one with the green br !

Q: Can we get an increase to the amount of ammo available? Everything needs atleast 25-50% more, whilst LMG needs 50-75%.
A: We are very happy with where ammo values are, and we just recently buffed patron ammo pools.

I took these all from a very blurry screenshot of the Q&A paper they were holding in the stream.

thank you, much appreciated.

DEATHBRINGER210
02-25-2017, 01:46 PM
i hope they dont use the hibernal effects for the volge guns.

W84IT
02-25-2017, 01:53 PM
Why? Explain your reasoning.

max ego over 6k maybe? There's no point,when they have more important issues to attend to, IMO.

DEATHBRINGER210
02-25-2017, 01:56 PM

nothing about the servers

Calm like a Bomb
02-25-2017, 02:00 PM
nothing about the servers

None answered that I recall...but they did say they were going to hop on the game and play with us...I'm hoping they meant they are gonna hop on the consoles.

Lake Superior
02-25-2017, 02:16 PM
None answered that I recall...but they did say they were going to hop on the game and play with us...I'm hoping they meant they are gonna hop on the consoles.
They need to hop on every platform.
But the console folks definitely need the most help.
PC has it's problems; but I could not imagine even bothering to play Defiance on console. Based on the problems I've seen discussed.

Valani
02-25-2017, 02:21 PM
Not surprised to see they avoided the problematic - now a 4-year issue - bugged DLC trophies.

Altras
02-25-2017, 03:45 PM
Where was the original qa post?

DEATHBRINGER210
02-25-2017, 04:15 PM

never gonna happen they stated

instantlatte
02-25-2017, 04:35 PM
Where was the original qa post?

There's no original. They forgot to post it.

Silver Hawke
02-25-2017, 04:57 PM
Thanks for this, I missed the live stream.

Logain
02-25-2017, 05:45 PM
What day did they say that the backpack syn Lockboxes come out? Is it on Armistice? I am also assuming that there will be standard blue and purple gear in there as well? Also is it multiple items per box ir one per box?

DEATHBRINGER210
02-25-2017, 06:49 PM
nothing about the fixing the social glitch

Bentu
02-25-2017, 07:18 PM
So who's for one of those nuclear rl lol.

Calm like a Bomb
02-25-2017, 07:53 PM
never gonna happen they stated

At the 50:10 mark of the stream Destro stated that the devs might hop on...didn't say which platform though...so don't crush our hopes and dreams of them hopping on to the consoles. :-p

Undead
02-25-2017, 10:10 PM
So what about the auto extract problem caused by electric!!!

DEATHBRINGER210
02-26-2017, 12:19 AM
At the 50:10 mark of the stream Destro stated that the devs might hop on...didn't say which platform though...so don't crush our hopes and dreams of them hopping on to the consoles. :-p

they said its would cost them to much money to stream from ps3 or xbox . for what amounts to a stunt . i forget what live stream they stated this in

Calm like a Bomb
02-26-2017, 12:43 AM
they said its would cost them to much money to stream from ps3 or xbox . for what amounts to a stunt . i forget what live stream they stated this in
They never said anything about streaming, it was just that they might hop on and play with us.

DEATHBRINGER210
02-26-2017, 12:52 AM
They never said anything about streaming, it was just that they might hop on and play with us.

they answer was for both. it was on the never gonna happen list

Calm like a Bomb
02-26-2017, 01:09 AM
they answer was for both. it was on the never gonna happen list

Well Damn, haha
https://s15.postimg.org/c2r2zwdij/crushed_dreams.jpg

DEATHBRINGER210
02-26-2017, 01:19 AM
we went as far as to offer to buy them a ps3 just so they can get dcd with us . more than few players offered to pitch in to get them one.

Bentu
02-26-2017, 02:57 AM
Well Damn, haha
https://s15.postimg.org/c2r2zwdij/crushed_dreams.jpg

Your dreams aren't crushed we just need the devs to admit the issues with consoles especially ps3.
The reason for not streaming through console has nothing to do with money as they have all the equipment required but just need to set it up.
Besides any of that if kon and stoodakiss and many others can stream from console there's no other excuse other than stability and a console stream would show it up for what it is.