PDA

View Full Version : Well ain't this a hell of a note.

Dazz
04-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Spent the last 3 days trying to get through Dogtown Mine, ran it at LEAST 50 times. FINALLY kill Jackleg and they take the servers down ahead of time, just before I could port out of the instance. FML.:(

Priss
04-07-2013, 04:33 PM
As long as you got the mission complete you should be fine for having it flagged done. I got booted zoning out from that fight and had no problems.

Munx
04-07-2013, 04:35 PM
But yeah they were way to quick on taking the servers down, seriously trion... what the hell kinda strange clock are you using? after you said 45 mins to its going down it took just over 10 mins before you actually took it down.

Learn to read time! Most of us learned it by second grade.

MaiYun
04-07-2013, 04:36 PM
50 times trying to do Jackleg?

damn, I thought he was "easy"... killed him 1st time without any problems

Priss
04-07-2013, 04:37 PM
It's happened to me a bunch of times in various MMO's, problem is one person is sending system messages while another person in another area of the building will shut down the system and the time they are told.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Servers went down right at the tail end of a mass arkfall here. We had 12 minutes left on the Mature Hellbug Hellion when the message first popped up. I thought Alright, we've got this. Not even a minute later the 5 minute message popped up. Figured we could still do it but it would be close. Around 8:30 left on the fall and the 1 minute message popped up. God Damnit. We managed to kill off the last two monarchs and get the Hellion down to 1/4 health and bam. Servers down. xD

Fastest ten minutes EVAR.

Priss
04-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Second for me...

- cover behind boxes kill first wave
- wait for cutscene
- cover behind boxes till little guy shows up, melee, then shotgun his tank on his back
- wait for him to explode then shoot Jack in the face many times, repeat

- jack comes down, shoot him until he aggros
- run run run
- wait for him to reload or aggro on Rosa, shoot backpack
- repeat till dead.

Dumuzi
04-07-2013, 04:42 PM
As long as you got the mission complete you should be fine for having it flagged done. I got booted zoning out from that fight and had no problems. You would think this would be the case. I was almost finished with the San Quinten mission when they announced a shutdown in 5 minutes. Got mission complete with about a minute to spare, but when I logged back in afterwards, I was back at the beginning of the mission again. Annoying to say the least, as I imagine the OP's example is much worse. In the end though as this is a brand new MMO, this is kinda to be expected. Maybe a little more warning time would be nice. but meh, really its either deal with it or come back in a few months once a lot of the kinks have been worked out.

Dazz
04-07-2013, 04:45 PM

Yeah I know. *Shame* but true. I've been whoopin A** everywhere else, but just could not make it through that one. After 10 fails you just get flustered and frustrated when the thing starts over from the beginning again. It's pure pigheadedness on my part that I even bothered to keep trying.

Priss
04-07-2013, 04:47 PM
I did a time trial, I lost count how many times. it's a lot more difficult when they send you through multiple Arkfall events going on heh. It doesn't help that I sometimes think I'm developing ADD and keep looking at the bugs and not the road.

Wrenito
04-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Servers often see some kind of rollback when there is any kind of patch or maintenance. Pray you still have credit for the kill.

Dazz
04-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Praise the gods of bits and bytes. I still have credit for the kill! :D

Priss
04-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Generally rollbacks only occur if a server crashes as it goes back to the previous saved character version on the server. When it scheduled you very rarely see a rollback unless some kinda server corruption occurred that they had to fix.,

Dumuzi
04-07-2013, 04:53 PM

Not everyone has the same level of experience when it comes to shooters. I've mostly just played the target and hotbar types of MMO's so my aim still pretty much sucks. I enjoyed Borderlands though, so I thought I'd give this a try as a nice change of pace. I'm getting through most of the missions ok, though when it comes time for that end boss itll likely be an extractfest. I don't mind as long as I'm getting marginally better over time. Just saying, we're not all coming here from other shooters, so there's a little more of a learning process going on.

Evilution
04-07-2013, 04:54 PM
I just threw grenade at the tankers and then they would run and bring down his shield.

Dazz
04-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Yeah, same here. I'm older and don't have the reflexes of the kiddos, but my left hand muscle memory is for my logitech G13 in Rift and Wow type games. I did ok in Fallout and Call of Duty, but I'm no shooter pro by any stretch.

Priss
04-07-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm on PC and doing a lot better after turning Auto-aim off....was bugging me having my aim shift on it's own. Really notice it with the little bugs when they jump in the air my cursor would fly towards them even though I wanted to ignore them and focus on the big ones behind it. Didn't even occur to me that it had it on till it was happening all the time.

Paragons
04-07-2013, 05:01 PM
yeah last nite I was on the last round of final mission boss and the servers went down...all I needed was 1 more shot lol.

Perhaps if the Chat window would function like its supposed to in an MMO people would SEE the warnings if they even give them at all. Tonight's the first time ive ever seen it myself.

Priss
04-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Reminds me of Borderlands 2 True Vault hunter mode . the bunker fight..had him down to just a tiny sliver of health and I backed up to get a better shot and fell off the platform to my death. had to do the whole thing over again.