PDA

View Full Version : Trion how's this fair?

OneBadClown
03-05-2017, 09:48 PM
I've noticed players on dailies killing a few enemies then leaving and
another player plays the mission the correctly and they get credit, How
does promote fairness and honesty in game?

Menetekel
03-05-2017, 11:03 PM
Well if you were part of a clan or other group that plays together it's not uncommon for one person to jump ahead to the next contract daily sight... the others finish the fight and then jump to the other member of their group. Our clan does call outs just for this purpose. It's really no different then showing up to a contract sight and having it be halfway done then finishing it with the group that was already there... or showing up at the end of a major final and scoring massive points on the boss/boss fight after a bunch of other people cleared all the cores.

You could always leave the fight or jump to a different shard. If the fight doesn't complete then it resets and no one gets credit for it.

Bentu
03-05-2017, 11:21 PM
Op if you don't like what they're doing move on to another one or go do something else.

When I do this those people generally return and finish it themselves.

There's only a couple of sites where this action annoys me but I'll keep that to myself.

mitch00uk
03-06-2017, 01:28 AM

I noticed this peeps wud turn up make 1 kill then leave or stand there and get credit. But consider that peeps have other toon i guess it would get boring doing the same mission 5 times.

Either way dose not bother me. I only care about what i do. What other people get or do is down to them and not my buisness.

thund3rbolt
03-06-2017, 01:39 AM
10 factions
6 toons on eu 1 on na
2 contracts every day

Equals 140

Yeah you try do 140 contracts EVERY DAY then you can complain.

Chump Norris
03-06-2017, 02:58 AM
10 factions
6 toons on eu 1 on na
2 contracts every day

Equals 140

How do you know they aren't? You cant seriously think you're the only person that does contracts on multiple toons..

Bloodbath82
03-06-2017, 03:19 AM
10 factions
6 toons on eu 1 on na
2 contracts every day

Equals 140

Well if you can't handle them you shouldn't have started em. The game is supposed to be fun the minute it becomes more like a job I doubt it's fun any longer I'd hate to be you

OverDoneOne
03-06-2017, 03:35 AM
Who cares how they play thier game and what they do as long as it doesn't hurt anyone and isn't outright blatant exploits that causes others problems. SO WHAT No Big Deal just play your game the way you want to play it and let them play their game as they want.

thund3rbolt
03-06-2017, 03:39 AM
How do you know they aren't? You cant seriously think you're the only person that does contracts on multiple toons..
You're saying that OneBadClown has 7 toons and does all the dailies on each toon everyday?

Chump Norris
03-06-2017, 07:46 AM
You're saying that OneBadClown has 7 toons and does all the dailies on each toon everyday?

No. What part of the quote makes you think that?

MasterProtector
03-06-2017, 08:24 AM
i see both sides of the discussion here and understand where clown is coming from, in arkfalls you have to be present within the ring to gain credit, i believe if im understanding is his problem is with players showing up for one kill and leaving the rest of the work for someone else so they can obtain credit for only having been there without being there, which so some extent i would have to agree does not promote fair gameplay since it leaves someone else doing the work for someone who is no longer even at the site. at the same time i understand the points about having multiple characters and the pressing amount of time to accomplish them on multiple characters. I have 4 characters myself and on a limited time scale i just generally dont do daily contracts because i do not have the time to worry about them. I do not believe its intended for you to receive credit for a contract for merely just passing through or being there, at the same time it is not an exploit either, i believe this falls under a grey area of what trion would call "not promoted gameplay" just like not shooting the locks at a warmaster. Personally if i was at a contract site and someone left it just makes it easier to complete and i dont care, my only gripe is when someone sits on the edge making it threat 10 while i do all the work, which is frustrating for those on a limited time scale no matter how many toons you are trying to complete it on, and while threat 10 is not difficult it is more time consuming to complete.

Crack
03-06-2017, 09:35 AM
This has been a topic for fours years now and you have to see it from both sides.

I and many others prefer others to hit-n-quit. I started the conflict, so just get some dmg and bounce. I prefer not to sweat at a threat 10 conflict for 5 rep (or a string of several for a weekly.) Ive done most of these locations at least 1000 times, so I can plow through them solo very quickly.

So to the OP, remember that there is a good chance you might run across players that have been repeatedly been asked to leave (or end up being left there alone to finish it themselves). =)

Applebite
03-06-2017, 10:11 AM
Ok, here it is, I like to Solo, a lot. It's how I learned to play this game before I even joined a clan. So let's call it a habit.

I try to never get in another player's way for dailies. If I see that me entering the daily increases the threat level of that zone, I try to get out of there before killing any mobs. If I'm in there doing a daily, and some lower levels come in to the area, I'll leave so they can do what they need to.

Why? Because I'm already at max level. I'll concede to those that need it more than me.

Unfortunately, Trion has yet to resolve this issue. This is nothing new, with players getting credit for not having completed the daily. I've actually gotten points for a daily just passing by the area. Not even intending to be there to begin with. And some areas, like Happy Pow Farm, the spot where players Fast Travel to, needs to be moved outside the Daily Zone to across the street by the ammo and armor repair. And even there might not be enough.

Lightning19
03-06-2017, 10:25 AM
Well if you can't handle them you shouldn't have started em. The game is supposed to be fun the minute it becomes more like a job I doubt it's fun any longer I'd hate to be you

^This...exactly!

Lightning19
03-06-2017, 10:37 AM
10 factions
6 toons on eu 1 on na
2 contracts every day

Equals 140

Smh...you're the one who for some reason needs 7 toons! The OP has every right to complain since he/she is doing all the work for you. just another example of laziness and doing the least amount of work possible to collect rewards. Don't expect sympathy from anyone for your so called effort in completing contracts for 7 toons.

thund3rbolt
03-06-2017, 10:40 AM
Smh...you're the one who for some reason needs 7 toons! The OP has every right to complain since he/she is doing all the work for you. just another example of laziness and doing the least amount of work possible to collect rewards. Don't expect sympathy from anyone for your so called effort in completing contracts for 7 toons.

When i've maxed a toon what else should i do than max another toon? Complain on the forums how boring the game is like the rest of you?

Calm like a Bomb
03-06-2017, 10:54 AM
When did Trion ever claim to be Fox News, "fair & balanced" (e.e) it's an open world mmo, people have the same dailys as everyone else. I don't mind it when someone enters a daily when I'm the only one there as long as they contribute and participate. It does irk me though when they just stand in place doing nothing. If I notice that happening, usually I'll stop fighting or draw the mob towards them, ive noticed with some enemies that it seems if the player doesn't attack he'll take no damage, so hopefully the enemy will have some type of aoe weapon/attack such as fire to be able to damage the guilty party. If not I'll just do the same making sure not to draw aggro until either the player contributes or just leaves. If I notice a player tags and leaves I'll just leave the daily uncompleted and do it later so the player who tagged gets no credit from me doing all the work..it is hard to notice when that happens though, the majority of the time im only aware that occured after i finish it and notice that other players were there on the scoreboard with one kill but no where to be found afterwards :( in all honesty though I really don't care, although it does irk me, but I will take notice of who the lazy players are.

I also like it when you enter a daily and it's in progress or near its end, that's less time I have to spend in it in order to complete that contract. I'm not one to tag an enemy and leave. I will see it out to its conclusion. Perhaps Trion should make it as to where you have to have participated and be present at its conclusion to recieve credit for the contract.

Bentu
03-06-2017, 11:11 AM
Ok, here it is, I like to Solo, a lot. It's how I learned to play this game before I even joined a clan. So let's call it a habit.

I try to never get in another player's way for dailies. If I see that me entering the daily increases the threat level of that zone, I try to get out of there before killing any mobs. If I'm in there doing a daily, and some lower levels come in to the area, I'll leave so they can do what they need to.

Why? Because I'm already at max level. I'll concede to those that need it more than me.

Unfortunately, Trion has yet to resolve this issue. This is nothing new, with players getting credit for not having completed the daily. I've actually gotten points for a daily just passing by the area. Not even intending to be there to begin with. And some areas, like Happy Pow Farm, the spot where players Fast Travel to, needs to be moved outside the Daily Zone to across the street by the ammo and armor repair. And even there might not be enough.

Yes there's something about happy pow re the threat level and entering the area to raise it.
I've been there loads of times and completed it solo at tl 10 and be the only person on the score board.
It's not one of those that's a real problem but having to do it at tl 10 you'd hope to get a better reward is all.

Tashinka
03-06-2017, 12:28 PM
does promote fairness and honesty in game?Some players hide or afk on the outskirts, keeping the TL up & contributing nothing - worse in my opinion - there are several situations that do not promote fairness nor honesty in this game, then human nature takes over

Lake Superior
03-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Watch the threat level and keep doing the daily.

Grinder's Law: No matter the situation, get her done.

DynastyKris
03-06-2017, 01:40 PM

If they turn up and get one kill then go that's fair enough for me people got stuff to do and this system makes it easier,
However if they turn up take a kill then stand there keeping the threat lvl high then shame on them and may there RNG be bad lol.

Lightning19
03-06-2017, 01:48 PM
When i've maxed a toon what else should i do than max another toon? Complain on the forums how boring the game is like the rest of you?

Well, you could actively participate and complete the 20 ( according to your math ) daily contracts with your maxed toon. That should take up quite a bit of time...after that, you could hit some AF's, sieges, incursions, co-ops, expos, pvp....that's what you could do! Might be better than complaining about having to do 140 contracts EVERY DAY. The game can't be that boring for you if you have 7 toons across 2 different servers. If the game is that boring, why are you playing it?

Light Energy
03-06-2017, 02:18 PM
I've sometimes started a contract and then got invited by a friend to do something else (a coop, expo, warmaster, pvp etc). I think that is one of the basic quirks of the matchmaking queue thing anyway - that you might be in the middle of something...

However if they turn up take a kill then stand there keeping the threat lvl high then shame on them and may there RNG be bad lol.
I have recently noticed lower level EGO players hanging around the outskirts of the contract circle (sometimes a group of them). They stand there, watch me do 90% of the work and then come in at the end to shoot one guy and get the contract completed. Sometimes, I might just stop (and look at my inventory or whatever) and see if they are taking a breather or having difficulty with the contract, but usually I just accept it :rolleyes:.
Maybe they are sharing 'hot goss' and don't realise what is going around them until right at the end :D LOL. It has happened to me once or twice at an arkfall that I would be too busy in chat to remember to shoot something :o.