PDA

View Full Version : Plausible uses for ark salvage that dont require resetting peoples amounts. ideas?

MasterProtector
03-10-2017, 01:03 PM
It isnt news that arksalvage is stocked up in the tens of millions and even hundreds of millions in some accounts with little to no use save for buying keycodes which is about the only use if you are impatient like me. That said Wether this is the first time this idea is being proposed or if its entirely new i feel like the resource needs a purpose and I had an idea dawn on me.

bear with me, what if we had a system for masteries like a work around to the dreaded rng process that is mastering guns? Mastering guns is a prime thing costing mounds of arkforge in our inventories and some people have hundreds if not thousands of guns needing to be worked on and that ever specific mastery we can never get, for those of us who have felt the pain of remastering 1 supreme 50 times without getting the 1 in 12 or so mastery we want is beyond demoralizing. So what if we put in a system like supreming in place for masteries, or even just a function to pick at a cost. what if it took 1 million ark salvage (example number) just to guarantee your supreme gets the mastery you want, this not only lowers market value by making it easier to get those desired masteries that people usually spend so much arkforge to get. So much ark salvage to pick the mastery and so much ark salvage to put a percentage on chance to get based upon a percent value to how many obtainable masteries to the gun type, or skip the percentage and have a larger ark salvage value to have that be the mastery you are working towards. with higher values to utilize this it will drain even those with hundreds of millions of ark salvage to get those masteries, and of course adjust cost per tier of weapon. Frankly I personally dont see how something like this being implicated would hurt the game. And even if theres a concern of the "loot" fulfilling chase, theres always to consider the sheer amount of varients and ways you can make guns and that so many different syns keep coming out and new guns being made and the cost for arkforge to reset remastery still being a factor a system like this would reduce the overall cost of perfecting our own weapons and would benefit the player base as a whole.

Below please place any ideas you have for potential ark salvage uses with explicit detail.

Bentu
03-10-2017, 01:13 PM
As we already use ark salvage in the matrix this shouldn't be an issue but why just supreme weapons.
Why not implement a cost scale per weapon tier and have a pick mastery cost.
You could still have the random method if people still wanted to go that route.

Deadsky
03-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Ark salvage comes from breaking down weapons and mods, so why not have a system that makes salvage all about weapons and mods? In the matrix, there could be a "create weapon" or "create mod" and be able to pick from weapon types and synergies, and allocate portions of salvage to tweak the stats of weapons. Also, weapon mods and corresponding synergies. Would be cool to make our own shields also. Ark salvage are parts from weapons and shields, it would make sense to be able to build something from it right?

Luis91
03-10-2017, 01:34 PM
I be posting a idea like this 1 year ago and have 0 responses lol, I think why can't use these green stuff to buy just codes without use scrip

MasterProtector
03-10-2017, 02:00 PM
As we already use ark salvage in the matrix this shouldn't be an issue but why just supreme weapons.
Why not implement a cost scale per weapon tier and have a pick mastery cost.
You could still have the random method if people still wanted to go that route.

was using supremes as an example since its the highest tier.

Johnny Dbag
03-10-2017, 02:18 PM
I really like this idea of using ark salvage to infuence masteries as i now hate mastering weapons.

Mr B
03-10-2017, 02:35 PM
Using it as a crafting material of some sort is a good idea.
Just for mods imo, otherwise what's the point of getting weapon drops if u can craft ur own beast.Would change the whole dynamic of the game, i highly doubt they'll ever go that route.

BUT being able to craft mods would be quite usefull, especially for long gone synergies, like Heartbreaker (since no one ever is gonna buy bit hb lockboxes amirite?) it would give a lot of ppl a chance at getting that one elusive mod they're after for a long time.

Put the weapon in the matrix, select desired mod slot, and make it a random chance at getting the mod you want in that spot. (And why not with random rarity as well, up to t4, to keep the bit boxes t5s relevant)

Mr Devlin
03-10-2017, 04:16 PM
For right now you could use that to buy keys/armament boxes(maybe a JP?) Just saying......

Altras
03-10-2017, 04:22 PM
I like the idea of ark salvage for remaster, makes sense to me.

MasterProtector
03-10-2017, 05:49 PM
For right now you could use that to buy keys/armament boxes(maybe a JP?) Just saying......

eh em self quote "It isnt news that arksalvage is stocked up in the tens of millions and even hundreds of millions in some accounts with little to no use save for buying keycodes which is about the only use if you are impatient like me."

also "armament" boxes are only available in vendors and bit store. i believe what you are referring to is the armistice elite box to which back to the quote. pretty sure ive spent enough ark salvage for more than 200 keys just this first week.... this not including i normally just spend all my ark salvage anyways.