PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Boxes.



itgrowls
03-12-2017, 10:49 AM
I've paid some cash for the boxes recently and what I've found is that the events that I've participated in have produced WAY better items for me. I've even been subject to lag regarding the boxes producing the items from opening them recently so I've resolved myself to never buy another box.

The issue is what it is in most games, in an effort to make the game seem less like a buy to play game they've make the % so low that you never get anything of use really. That's just been my experience.

It's better for me from now on to buy the items that are cosmetic only (because I am a fan of the game and I will continue to buy those items with real money simply for looks) but I can't bring myself to buy any box again.

When the options change from a .00000000002% chance of getting something good and useful from a box I'll reconsider.

My suggestion for an improvement is to do something that other games have done with their boxes.

Offer a choice of weapons a simple checkbox will allow players to choose the type of weapon they've leveled and prefer.

Additionally I'd like to propose an all mods box where you can choose the type of weapons the mods box are for.

If these options are implemented you'll have fewer complaints and there will be no more requests for an auction house.

Fisherman Joe
03-12-2017, 11:00 AM
They changed the premium armament boxes to 5% chance at getting a jackpot, just letting you know if you didn't see the announcement.

"For the first time, and only for the remainder of Armistice, we have included the jackpot drop chance in the details section of the store. Each Premium Armament Lockbox will have a 5% chance at dropping a jackpot."

Maybe you are talking about the bargain lockboxes. I don't believe they stated the chances on that box.

Light Energy
03-12-2017, 11:06 AM
Offer a choice of weapons a simple checkbox will allow players to choose the type of weapon they've leveled and prefer.

Additionally I'd like to propose an all mods box where you can choose the type of weapons the mods box are for.

If these options are implemented you'll have fewer complaints and there will be no more requests for an auction house.

Yeah, or alternatively (with the 55 bit bargain boxes), I have been thinking it would be nice to be able to specify exactly which mod you are after (inc syn etc) and then get a chance of T3/T4/T5…So we can ultimately / actually make use of what we spend our real world money on.

I quite like the idea of being able to buy friends / clan mates a mod they have been looking for and being able to gift it to them. It seems silly that I have several T4 mods from the bargain boxes that no-one wants…

Also, some of the mod ideas from http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?254842-Mods-and-Vendors-a-few-ideas would mesh with the above :).

Edit:


Maybe you are talking about the bargain lockboxes. I don't believe they stated the chances on that box.
Well based on Aliasse's experience, I calculated this to be 1.59% - depending on what one counts as a JP :rolleyes:.

See http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?255385-100k-bits-on-55-armistice-opening&p=1999481#post1999481

mitch00uk
03-12-2017, 11:22 AM
They changed the premium armament boxes to 5% chance at getting a jackpot, just letting you know if you didn't see the announcement.

"For the first time, and only for the remainder of Armistice, we have included the jackpot drop chance in the details section of the store. Each Premium Armament Lockbox will have a 5% chance at dropping a jackpot."

Maybe you are talking about the bargain lockboxes. I don't believe they stated the chances on that box.



-------------
Lets just think about this 5% chance of a jackpot....Now thats 95% of getting vendor fodder...And again even if you get a jp at 5% what is the chance of getting the jp you wanted.

The cost of the box is crazy...totally crazy. When u consider that for 2 a week or less if you do majors/events you will get maybe double figures of jps each month.

It just equals lock boxes are far far far to much of a cost to jp chance.