PDA

View Full Version : Proably been discussed before,but....

OneBadClown
03-16-2017, 12:31 PM
Tried to find the answer. Why are certain JP's untradeable and
where they from? Sorry about duplicity if answered.

DEATHBRINGER210
03-16-2017, 12:43 PM
they come from the defiant vender

mitch00uk
03-16-2017, 01:38 PM
Tried to find the answer. Why are certain JP's untradeable and
where they from? Sorry about duplicity if answered.

Trion wanted to give us something but didn't want to give us a lot so this is where they came from

give with one hand....take back with the other attitude...I mean how dare someone who has paid nothing into getting a jp be able to do what they want with it. come on

Calm like a Bomb
03-16-2017, 02:45 PM
I'm not positive about this, perhaps a vet can weigh in, but I believe it was because in the past people were complaining about the lack of jackpots they were recieving during events so in order to compensate for that Trion implemented the untradeable jackpots you could earn in order so that everyone could recieve a jackpot. Why they made them untradeable though, idk, possibly because some players have many alt accounts.

xvincentinx
03-16-2017, 02:52 PM
I'm not positive about this, perhaps a vet can weigh in, but I believe it was because in the past people were complaining about the lack of jackpots they were recieving during events so in order to compensate for that Trion implemented the untradeable jackpots you could earn in order so that everyone could recieve a jackpot. Why they made them untradeable though, idk, possibly because some players have many alt accounts.

They are untradrable because people were literally creating dozens of new accounts just to farm more jps. To stop the market from flooding with jps the guaranteed jps were made untradeable for the first armistice event and then completely removed after that.

HelpIveBeenRenamed
03-16-2017, 03:01 PM
Lol nahh we used to get guaranteed jackpots from events and they were all tradable but certain people made 6 characters and filled them all so the jps went Into claims and pulled them on there highest ego toon and the jps came out at that ego.

Certain people who didn't want to run more than 1 character or spend bits to buy more characters cried to trion about it constantly until trion fixed it and that's how untradable jackpots were born

zee_oh_six
03-16-2017, 03:16 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?208850-MK-II-Event-Jackpots-glitch...-or-meant-to-be&p=1730699#post1730699

Oh! One tweak to the way we did the weekly rewards that I wanted to mention: jackpots that come from the weekly contract rewards won't be tradable.

The inclusion of the daily and weekly contracts were a way for us to ensure that people who were participating in the events didn't get left out just due to pure bad luck with the RNG. Some folks took advantage of that by farming the jackpots with alts and secondary accounts, either to sell or funnel to a single character, which significantly inflated the number of jackpots coming into the world. So, this time, the weekly jackpot item rewards won't be tradable. That allows us to still fulfill the goal of rewarding participation but limits the impact of alt farming.

Drops from other sources are still able to be traded.

this was in 2015.

Calm like a Bomb
03-16-2017, 03:23 PM
Thanks WUTDAFUQ & xvincentinx for clarifying the reason behind untradeables. I remember when I first started playing it was during the 1st Armistice. I pulled the dc1 and dc12 for my guaranteed jackpots and the Witch Hexer out of the t3 expert lockbox...ever since ive been hooked.

*thanks zee_oh_six for the link...good digging.

xSalemx
03-16-2017, 04:02 PM
Not to mention, it would always be the same people doing it, thus giving them control over the market to a crowd of individuals. Then to offset that, they will claim to share the benefits with the rest of the community, but that just really means within their own clan or social groups only, so they will have a good amount of control on gear as well. But some won't even do that. Then you got the ones that prance around like they are just generous lil' flowers because they give away the "scraps" that nobody else will take anyway like Zodiac Zealots, etc. But you won't see anyone admitting to all that. Why shoot yourselves in the foot. It's like when someone finds an advantage over something, they will say anything at all to defend that because it benefits them, even if they know it's an exploit (Hence why anytime something like this is called out, all the lurkers pour out in hordes to defend it). Such as paying for it somehow validates it as okay, despite the circumstances it involves that they don't want to acknowledge and you know why that would be. There are plenty of examples of things that are payed for, but not right. However, when the tables turn and someone else gets an advantage over them or they lose their previous advantage, then the one that was defending it before will cry NERF! Amazing isn't it? Basically, player A does thing to upset player B. Player B complains. Player A complains about player B's complaining. Mommy & Daddy (Trion) try to fix it for the wailing children. Afterwards, Trion gets blamed for the situation altogether in the end as well as player A's actions that led up to the changes in the first place & player A&B direct their previous complaints from each other and towards Trion because they are now dissatisfied that it was fixed. Then it repeats itself from there. If something that select players are doing is pissing the rest of the players off, the best way is simply for everyone else to start doing the same damn thing. Then you'll really start seeing the tear jerkers roll in.
After the overdone bickering on the topic and the fact others can't seem to be happy without exploiting it, I'm starting to feel more & more inclined to the scrapping JPs altogether suggestion made by another poster. Instead of turning JPs into the new white weapon drop rate that many are endlessly begging for.

Bentu
03-17-2017, 02:01 AM

They were made untradable because people were farming def few rep on multiple characters and accounts.

To stop it they made them un tradable.