PDA

View Full Version : Ps4 and defiance

shivan
02-24-2013, 12:39 AM
The ps4 is coming out at the end of the year and I will be buying one. Is this game worth getting now. I mean to spend all that money on the game just to buy the ps4 and never play the game again. On top of that you would only get about eight mouths of game time and that is not **** in a mmo type of game. Do you think they will make it available for the ps4 because if not than I probably will not be getting this game.

dstrollo360
02-24-2013, 01:21 AM
I would assume it would be backwards compatible but even if it's not you could always go back and play it on the previous console :)

A s0t
02-24-2013, 01:28 AM
get it for xbox 360 cause the right trigger shoots the gun not the shoulder. i have both consoles and uncharted 3 and mag both use the bumper what gives. i use ps3 as blue ray player mostly

fatmanspencer
02-24-2013, 02:15 AM
PS4 doesnt have this listed as a launch.. and for cross play along all four systems would be fun. Though why getting for xboc for a bumper over a bigger and easier to use controller is beyond me.( got a crippled friend, cant use the 360 cause its to big. Also i think its too blocky and heavy. IT aint my ****))

Fiancee
02-24-2013, 02:26 AM
This question comes up quite often... I dont simply get it why its so important, the fact is soon Sony/MS both slashes the prices of current consoles down, it just means theres more console players than ever before.

Its gonna take at least couple, probably a few year until next-gen consoles are as popular as current ones. I dont get why people are so eager to buy next-gen consoles anywa, there isnt anything nice games.

illMAtic
02-24-2013, 07:21 AM
I would assume it would be backwards compatible but even if it's not you could always go back and play it on the previous console :)

Sony confirmed no backwards compatibility on the ps4.

Steadfast
02-24-2013, 07:39 AM
Sony confirmed no backwards compatibility on the ps4.

Smart move on their part, I laughed tears and thought about the geniusses @ their Marketing after I read that ^^

Darky
02-24-2013, 07:57 AM
no backward compatibility is a technical problem, because PS4 will be running AMD processor while PS3 has the infamous Cell processor so it is only normal they won't put two processors in every console and double the cost of the console. People should stop whining about BC and keep there PS3 also who wants to play PS3 games when you just bought PS4!

Back to OP, i understand your concern Shivan but you should know that Defiance show planned for years to come so am sure at one point they will make a PS4 port when the population on the new system is enough to make the jump.

Blazing Paddles
02-24-2013, 09:15 AM
The game comes out in April, the PS4 will likely come out in November. So, for "all that money", or $60, you have 7 months of time before you're too good for the PS3/360. :p

Blazing Paddles
02-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Smart move on their part, I laughed tears and thought about the geniusses @ their Marketing after I read that ^^

It is a smart move. They don't want to release the PS4 at a $600 price point. To avoid that, they have to cut out unnecessary tech, like backwards compatibility. It's a nice feature, but isn't inherent to the PS4's success.

Dead_Phoenix
02-24-2013, 09:28 AM
Thing is most games do not last longer then 3 or 4 months for most console players. This game costs no more then any other game
You buy.

At the end of the day this game is built with a tv series there pumping ALOT of money into. So there clearly planing for it last long then a year. So they will have plans for ps4. Unless its a total flop. I wouldn't worry. They have already told us they are planning a ton of content (some if not most free) im positive they wont screw us.

Bare in mind, in terms of business models, the fact this will be so unique and has prime time tv slot as well. They will be make a butt load from advertising rights. So they wont relie on getting funds from us as much.

DeafAtheist
02-25-2013, 12:36 PM
get it for xbox 360 cause the right trigger shoots the gun not the shoulder. i have both consoles and uncharted 3 and mag both use the bumper what gives. i use ps3 as blue ray player mostly

Some games on the PS3 allow you to switch the controls for R1 and R2 & L1 and L2 but I always leave it as it is because the R2 button makes for a crappy trigger because it's not designed as well as Xbox's RT and doesn't really feel right as a trigger button.

I'm not sure if that option is on Uncharted 3 or not as I haven't checked myself, and not sure about MAG because I don't even own that game.

Xbox's entire controller layout is much better than the PS3's Having the left stick above the D-Pad is much more comfortable to hold, trigger button design is better, The PS3's chatpad is a piece of crap, Xbox's is much better. Yeah the PS3's controller is smaller and lighter but that makes no difference to me... the heft of the Xbox's controller isn't so bad that you get tired out holding it or anything... it might be awkward for someone with smaller hands but then there are a lot of girls with small hands that play Xbox so it can't be that bad.

I like some of the PS4's console features like integrating social networking with the console and being able to stream your games take snapshots of your gameplay. I'm sure the next Xbox will probably have similar features. I'll probably get both consoles but most likely will get an Xbox 3 before I get a PS4 unless the Xbox comes out months later than the PS4. But the Xbox is likely to be the console I am most likely to play the most next gen.

Watch Dogs is the launch game for PS4 that interests me the most. That game looks sweet. Even though there is going to be an Xbox 360 version for it I would much rather get a next gen version and there hasn't been an announcement yet about a version for the next Xbox so that might end up being a PS4 game for me.

DeafAtheist
02-25-2013, 10:38 PM
As for whether or not the game will be ported to the next gen... I certainly hope so especially if the game proves popular. It's a bit unfortunate that a game like this is coming out at the end of the console generation. Given the fact that the PS4 won't have backwards compatibility it would suck to have to go back to the last gen console just to play more Defiance. It would mean fewer people playing the game as the next gen consoles become more mainstream. I'm hoping the new Xbox WILL have backwards compatibility... if it does it will have a leg up on Sony's competition.

NeuroParalytic
02-27-2013, 10:48 AM
I am personally sticking with PC for Defiance, however there will probably be a way to play PS3 discs on the ps4. Sony did say it was not going to support PS3 natively but I would research ways to modify it. You might also check the streaming network for Defiance since PS1, 2, and 3 will be streamed on ps4.

Defy
02-27-2013, 12:13 PM
see here regarding playing PS3 games on PS4:

Playstation 4 Can Stream PS3 Games, Sources Claim (http://www.gameshampoo.com/magazine/articles/1374/playstation-4-can-stream-ps3-games-sources-claim.html)

Dead_Phoenix
02-27-2013, 12:15 PM
see here regarding playing PS3 games on PS4:

Playstation 4 Can Stream PS3 Games, Sources Claim (http://www.gameshampoo.com/magazine/articles/1374/playstation-4-can-stream-ps3-games-sources-claim.html)

i think they have already confirmed that they wont be.

the boss of sony said hes disappointed they wont, not even old digital games

Desidus
02-27-2013, 12:19 PM
i think they have already confirmed that they wont be.

the boss of sony said hes disappointed they wont, not even old digital games

Maybe they will put out a super version that will.. The PS4-211 Tormentor! Bringing old enemies back from the grave!!

UmbrusNightshade
02-27-2013, 08:43 PM
The ps4 is coming out at the end of the year and I will be buying one. Is this game worth getting now. I mean to spend all that money on the game just to buy the ps4 and never play the game again. On top of that you would only get about eight mouths of game time and that is not **** in a mmo type of game. Do you think they will make it available for the ps4 because if not than I probably will not be getting this game.

Shivan, here's my take on it:

Sony finally killed off PS2 fairly recently. If that is anything that means the PS3 will last until they are close to announcing PS5. Some games will be PS4 exclusive (or next gen exclusive) but some will be on both systems. PS3 will be around for a while. Plus, from my experience it isn't worth purchasing a new console at launch. Most of the time there are very few launch-available "must have" games. The good titles seem to start coming out within the first 3 months of a new system launch. So that would give you until February to purchase the PS4 (which is what I suggest). In addition, you pay the standard cost ($60) for a game that is always changing and has no subscription. If you play for 6 months and decide that you want to get rid of it, you're no worse off than if you bought another game and only played it for 6 months. To me it's worth it. (And I bet that they eventually port it to PS4; in 2-5 years).

MidnightClip
03-05-2013, 05:54 PM

Well, they took it out so it will be cheaper at launch. But they are going to have cloud to be able to play PS3 games, but Im guess you'll have to pay for it...