PDA

View Full Version : No midnight launch :(

A s0t
02-24-2013, 01:20 AM
my local gamestop is not doing a midnight launch, how about your game store?
those jerks :mad:

lPATT
02-24-2013, 01:54 AM
same =/ i would had like to go get it at midnight ... maybe i will go rob my copy at night who know =P ... but i will probably go to sleep on April 1 really annoy and trying to fall asleep thinking that people are already be playing ... wait until 9am for my gamestop to open and go get it and probably not see the sun for a while xD

Market
02-24-2013, 02:13 AM
ours neither... =| the one nearest to me, about 40 minutes drive, is in such a small town there's not enough preorders... then there's 3 GS's about an hour and a half from me, but none of *them* have enough preorders to justify it, either...

oh, did I mention the agonizing 11am opening time??? lol

Trunks
02-24-2013, 03:09 AM
the one i asked said they need 70+ preorders to do a midnight launch for the game there for its a nogo but walmart has to give you a copy at 12:00 cause the game is out there for if the other gamestop isnt haveing a launch for the game i will get mine from walmart.

Chirimo
02-24-2013, 07:57 AM
I have to check into my local Gamestop, Either that or I can check in with the Microsoft Store at the mall.

Aaricane
02-24-2013, 09:45 AM
I didn't expect there would be.

Defy
02-24-2013, 06:33 PM
I didn't expect there would be.

why not? its gonna be a pretty popular game

TR GunPlay
02-24-2013, 06:39 PM
No midnight launch for me either :(. Probably just gunna blow off my classes that day anyways lol.

This will be the third time my imaginary cat, Chairman Meow, will have to be put to sleep. So sad.....lol

Chirimo
02-24-2013, 06:42 PM
Oh gawd xD Chairman Meow.

Aaricane
02-24-2013, 09:22 PM
why not? its gonna be a pretty popular gameIt's popular to those of us lucky enough to know about it. However, i'd say a good 3/4 of the gaming population doesn't even know about it. Half the time, EB clerks look at you like "umm, never heard of it" ha

Chirimo
02-24-2013, 09:28 PM
It's popular to those of us lucky enough to know about it. However, i'd say a good 3/4 of the gaming population doesn't even know about it. Half the time, EB clerks look at you like "umm, never heard of it" ha

Sad but true =(

A s0t
02-24-2013, 09:34 PM
im thinking im going to cancel my 2nd copy of defiance getting it for a buddy, and just running over to walmart to pick it there and when i wake up or game stop is open get my ultimate edition what you guys think

DeafAtheist
02-25-2013, 12:20 PM
I doubt my Gamestop will do a midnight launch either, but even if they did I won't actually be able to pick up the game until the day after launch anyway... April 3rd because I won't have the money to pay it off on the 2nd.

Trunks
02-25-2013, 07:24 PM
going to walmart is your best bet of playing the game at midnight when it goes live.

Desidus
02-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Sad but true =(

Until it shows up on their advertisement screen... then they act like they know everything about the game and B.S. their way through your questions.

smokiebr
02-25-2013, 08:31 PM
gamestop now has to have atleast 75 preorders for them to do a midnight release but i dont even know if the servers will be running at midnight does anyone know if trion worlds will start the servers say at like midnight the 1st like pst? or does anyone know when the servers will be live???

Cavadus
02-26-2013, 01:38 PM
As long as I can pre-load it I do not care. I'm taking the 2nd-5th off work for launch :)

Xannidel
02-26-2013, 03:23 PM
Yeah I doubt the GS I ordered from will do a midnight launch so I will just have to wait BUT it is on a Tuesday so I will not have class that day which means it'll be Defiance all day!

djwar75
02-27-2013, 01:42 PM
the one i asked said they need 70+ preorders to do a midnight launch for the game there for its a nogo but walmart has to give you a copy at 12:00 cause the game is out there for if the other gamestop isnt haveing a launch for the game i will get mine from walmart.

Well, i don't know about you guys but i am a true gamer. As such, i have developed a personal relationship with the owner of my local GS, and i would reccomend it to all true gamers. When there is no midnight launch, if ur friends with the owner, midnight launches still occur. Food for thought. Also, most GS owners are hardcore gamers themselves, so they r usually there late on pre-release days.

SETit_allABLAZE
03-29-2013, 12:30 AM
gamestop now has to have atleast 75 preorders for them to do a midnight release but i dont even know if the servers will be running at midnight does anyone know if trion worlds will start the servers say at like midnight the 1st like pst? or does anyone know when the servers will be live???

They said they will turn servers on at 12 eastern time.

Vallee25
03-29-2013, 06:24 AM
This is one of a very few games I would go out of my way to get during a midnight release, I was looking forward to it actually... My gamestop only has 7 of these bad boys pre-order 2 of them are mine, other 2 are my clan members and 1-2 others are GS employees.

My concerns: Nobuddy knows about it, unless you watch ScyFy regulary...and SCYFY hasn't been that great compared to the past. I came accross this game 4 weeks ago, glad I did. I was looking an games coming out and I say thie Gamestop Edition for $150 and I was like what who would pay that...never heard of it. Did some research, whats a ton of streams on teh game and I was hooked after 3 minutes and went out to watch tons of more streams...Now i'm that guy who is buying the $150 edition. If I heard about this game years ago I would of been counting the days, now that I only heard about it recently ...the last few weeks have been dragging while waiting for 4/2.... However, it's been more marketed during the last 2 weeks.

TheReaper
03-29-2013, 06:37 AM
My concerns: Nobuddy knows about it, unless you watch ScyFy regulary...
Same...
My biggest concern fr this game is that not huge amount of people I know or around my area will be playing it :(
then again that meas less lag for us guys/gals playing it! :)
As for the midnight launch sorry pal looks like your going to wait a little longer xD

Extix666
03-30-2013, 04:58 PM
my hopes that are enough people that played beta will keep playing despite the fact that so many people were pissed bout beta char wipe. my only problem is the only way for me to get game is to order it from futureshop and wont end up getting it till friday :( sux that ill be few days behind but maybe ill be able to do a good 12 hour grind or sumthin lol

Durva360
03-30-2013, 07:23 PM
My Gamestop missed the pre-order number by 4 :(

SSRickeyBoi
03-30-2013, 08:20 PM
my local gamestop is not doing a midnight launch, how about your game store?
those jerks :mad:

my gamestop actually sold out of preorders so yea... MIDNIGHT BABY

Bhawce
03-30-2013, 08:37 PM
no midnight launch here either. GS dont open on the 2nd till 11...another gamestop FAIL. why open later on videogame release day? Especially if you want to be taken seriously as a game store