PDA

View Full Version : Bargain Box drop rates

RachaelP
03-27-2017, 04:18 AM
I just spent 100 on Bargain Boxes and only pulled 3 jp's in total which were insatiable, supernova and nanophagus so by no means bad jp's. However some people have pulled 5 jp's in the last week through major arkfalls and haven't bought bargain boxes. Is the drop rate just incredibly low for the bargain box or is this something the devs are looking into to possibly change the drop rates?

zakuroichi
03-27-2017, 04:37 AM
Some people here get lucky, but mostly no. Like I've bought 5 x 100+10 bundles, got 1 supreme jp only on the 5th. A few decent jps here and there but a headache to mod, a lot were vendored & broken down.

We're on the last week so I doubt it if they're gonna change the drop rates now. I still have steam credits to buy a few more bundles, but with the odds that I see I have, am having second thoughts.

mitch00uk
03-27-2017, 04:47 AM
Patron pass is such good value for money. As you stated the price of a jp via bitstore is crazy when you compare the price of jp via patron.

My avg on karma majors is 1 jp for every 54 majors, Which if you put 10 hrs for 2 days into doing them you wud score a jp every 2 days (these numbers based on over 700 majors across a few events) So if you played say 30 majors a day you could pull 14 jps per month for less then 8 a month . Inc the free arkforge and other benefits and it adds up to a worth while thing to buy compaired to the bit box

However i think you get better jp's from bitboxes then karma. ( My opinion from what i've heard people pull)

But anyways the pp has lowered the worth of many jps but pushed up the price on hard to come by ones.

RachaelP
03-27-2017, 05:01 AM
Patron pass is such good value for money. As you stated the price of a jp via bitstore is crazy when you compare the price of jp via patron.

My avg on karma majors is 1 jp for every 54 majors, Which if you put 10 hrs for 2 days into doing them you wud score a jp every 2 days (these numbers based on over 700 majors across a few events) So if you played say 30 majors a day you could pull 14 jps per month for less then 8 a month . Inc the free arkforge and other benefits and it adds up to a worth while thing to buy compaired to the bit box

However i think you get better jp's from bitboxes then karma. ( My opinion from what i've heard people pull)

But anyways the pp has lowered the worth of many jps but pushed up the price on hard to come by ones.

I have patron since just before armistice and I have played easily at least 5 hours a day everyday without failure and I have only got Indulgence from a major arkfall karma drop and that's the only jp I have received for patron pass this entire armistice event over the 3 weeks we've had so far. Guess I'm just super unlucky then :(

mitch00uk
03-27-2017, 06:45 AM
yes u sure are

On the ps3 eu the people who keep check of the amount of majors they do seem to be an avg of 65 per jp

But that is only an avg amount as the highest ive done is 115 to get one, But i have also had jps after 6 majors , 7 majors and 25 majors which bring the avg crashing down.

You sud keep check as everyone i know none of them have done more then 115 without one. that way you will have numbers to go to the Devs with.

Tara Na
03-27-2017, 07:06 AM
I spent almost 120 and got 0 jps.

Gaige12
03-27-2017, 07:08 AM
I spent almost 120 and got 0 jps.

That wasn't enough. RNG is rigged so you have to spend like a thousand bucks. :/

Light Energy
03-27-2017, 07:34 AM
In my mind, it's how you equate doing X majors with spending hard earned cash. If I didn't have the time to do that many majors, I might consider buying more bargain boxes; but the drop rate is apparently very low. And to date, I have already spent more on Defiance than any other game! :o

Aliasse spent 100K bits (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?255385-100k-bits-on-55-armistice-opening) (about 750 worth) and got approx 35 JPs, a drop rate of 1.59%. Luck is a big factor here.

Doing a bit of quick calculation - assuming that is being treated as 35 JPs, that is a drop rate of 1.59% on the bargain bit boxes... so I would need to buy approx 63 to have a decent chance.

I just realised the OJ rig I got from one of the bargain boxes was actually a JP, thanks to Kon's list here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?255881-JP-Rig-Info).

Oh, and of course with the Defiant Few during Armistice, you are guarenteed a 'free' JP, so that is probably better value.

Tara Na
03-27-2017, 08:08 AM
In my mind, it's how you equate doing X majors with spending hard earned cash. If I didn't have the time to do that many majors, I might consider buying more bargain boxes; but the drop rate is apparently very low. And to date, I have already spent more on Defiance than any other game! :o

Aliasse spent 100K bits (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?255385-100k-bits-on-55-armistice-opening) (about 750 worth) and got approx 35 JPs, a drop rate of 1.59%. Luck is a big factor here.

I just realised the OJ rig I got from one of the bargain boxes was actually a JP, thanks to Kon's list here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?255881-JP-Rig-Info).

Oh, and of course with the Defiant Few during Armistice, you are guarenteed a 'free' JP, so that is probably better value.

Yeah right "the good value defiant few jps". Such as multiple independences and polarity diodes?

Light Energy
03-27-2017, 08:24 AM
Yeah right "the good value defiant few jps". Such as multiple independences and polarity diodes?
At least it's free as opposed to spending 50 (or more) on bargain bit boxes! :rolleyes: And there is luck with the bargain boxes as there is luck with the Defiant Few JPs - some people have got decent things from them...

r1p
03-27-2017, 10:28 AM
I have patron since just before armistice and I have played easily at least 5 hours a day everyday without failure and I have only got Indulgence from a major arkfall karma drop and that's the only jp I have received for patron pass this entire armistice event over the 3 weeks we've had so far. Guess I'm just super unlucky then :(

Karma drops are not based on the amount of time you have been in the game but on the number of event majors that you have completed. The average number of ark falls that it takes to get a karma jackpot is in the 70-90 range (general consensus). So at a conservative 3 majors per hour for 5 hours a day over 3 weeks you should have pulled at least 3 jackpots. So I'm guessing that it's not luck but the fact that you aren't getting enough majors done. You need to be able to shard/phase hop to get to more majors so if you aren't in a large active clan then find one if you want to get more out of your Patron Pass.

Aliasse
03-27-2017, 10:34 AM
i think people are missing the point of the name "bargain boxes"

Tara Na
03-27-2017, 10:37 AM
i think people are missing the point of the name "bargain boxes"

When you pay 120 for 3 trash t6 chips, some junk t5 weapons and hundreds of t4s, it doesn't really seem like a bargain to me.

r1p
03-27-2017, 10:38 AM
yes u sure are

On the ps3 eu the people who keep check of the amount of majors they do seem to be an avg of 65 per jp

But that is only an avg amount as the highest ive done is 115 to get one, But i have also had jps after 6 majors , 7 majors and 25 majors which bring the avg crashing down.

You sud keep check as everyone i know none of them have done more then 115 without one. that way you will have numbers to go to the Devs with.

Averages are affected by extremes when there are only a relatively small number of inputs so you are better off looking at the median number instead. I believe that the median in your case is in the low to mid 60's if I remember correctly from one of your previous posts.

mitch00uk
03-27-2017, 11:01 AM
Averages are affected by extremes when there are only a relatively small number of inputs so you are better off looking at the median number instead. I believe that the median in your case is in the low to mid 60's if I remember correctly from one of your previous posts.

Yep it was around 64 before i got 2 in quick succession (7) and (25) then back up to (67)

Sorry Aliasse your quite right

OverDoneOne
03-27-2017, 12:42 PM
Bargain Boxes are no bargain, they are buying just a chance to maybe if your real lucky to get a bargain jp or 2.

Now I have bought the 110s and the singles and it seems the 110s give you the best shot at pulling some good stuff, because after buying 110 singles which I got more junk and garbage than when I bought the 110s. And I also noticed that my first two 110s were just mostly average stuff with a jp or two. But on my next purchases it just kept getting better and better each 110 that I bought and I can say this because I spent at least $3000.00 on bits if not more, so much that I actually lost track of how much I spent after I hit the 3 grand mark.

But the bottomline here is now I have a ton of cyberstuff that will one day be useless and lost in cyberspace if and when Defiance shuts down.

xSalemx
03-27-2017, 01:55 PM
But the bottomline here is now I have a ton of cyberstuff that will one day be useless and lost in cyberspace if and when Defiance shuts down.

And one day.. you'll die. That's life, lol.

mitch00uk
03-27-2017, 03:00 PM

lol to true

rich or poor

tall or short

fat or thin

it happens to us all

OverDoneOne
03-27-2017, 04:43 PM

Yea that's real life for ya here today gone tomorrow, but hey wait minute we were talking about a video game here and when you spend enough money for a down payment on a car in real life you at least get to drive it home one day and then sell it if you want to without losing too much on the deal.

xSalemx
03-27-2017, 04:57 PM
Yea that's real life for ya here today gone tomorrow, but hey wait minute we were talking about a video game here

And one day.. you'll die, at the hands of an invisible enemy at an arkfall. That's cyberlife, lol.
:p

RachaelP
03-27-2017, 07:28 PM
Karma drops are not based on the amount of time you have been in the game but on the number of event majors that you have completed. The average number of ark falls that it takes to get a karma jackpot is in the 70-90 range (general consensus). So at a conservative 3 majors per hour for 5 hours a day over 3 weeks you should have pulled at least 3 jackpots. So I'm guessing that it's not luck but the fact that you aren't getting enough majors done. You need to be able to shard/phase hop to get to more majors so if you aren't in a large active clan then find one if you want to get more out of your Patron Pass.

My clan constantly has a minimum of 5 people on at all times and we all post in the chat when there is a major arkfall across all/most servers so generally speaking I'm doing roughly 4-5 majors an hour and 5 hours a day is the minimum but some days I have spent up to 15 hours generally hunting major arkfalls just to get 1 jp in the last 3 weeks of armistice. I'd say in total I have easily done 250+ majors since the start of armistice.

Aliasse
03-28-2017, 12:36 AM
Man you guys thought that armistice drops rate are bad ( it's actually fine ). you should of seen 2016 black friday bargain boxes.

That fact that double the drop rate was a improvement after hearing the community voices.

mitch00uk
03-28-2017, 01:58 AM
The first weekend i brought 13 (yes small amount) But i got a jp (Raven) and a plate slicer t5 mod

But since i brought maybe 20 and got mainly t4 junk but i guess still did pretty well over-all considering i did'nt spend much

konstantinov
03-28-2017, 06:34 AM
Man you guys thought that armistice drops rate are bad ( it's actually fine ). you should of seen 2016 black friday bargain boxes.

That fact that double the drop rate was a improvement after hearing the community voices.

So much truth in this statement.