PDA

View Full Version : How does the board score work?

keptman
04-01-2017, 12:04 PM
Just want to clarify something. As I've never really cared but always wondered how it works. 21 places does that mean if you got last you didn't place but if you got 20 down to 1st you did?

Would someone shed some light.

Ryim
04-01-2017, 12:41 PM
It only shows the top 20. If you're 21st, you're below that.

Scoring is based on many aspects. In no particular order:
1) Damage
2) Healing
3) Accuracy
4) Teamwork (this includes, nut not limited to, nano stacking)
5) Reviving other players

If you die, there is a slight penalty to score if you are Revived by another player. A heavier penalty if you use your Self-Revive. Heaviest penalty for Extracting.

While score -can- tell you how well you did, it is not an end-all rating. You can pad the score by using certain weapons and actions and basically are nothing worth a damn in the arkfall even for taking 1st place. So take your score with a grain of salt.

Trick83
04-02-2017, 06:05 AM
While most of the reply is :)

These parts are :(

Scoring is based on many aspects. In no particular order:
1) Damage

While score -can- tell you how well you did, it is not an end-all rating.

I hear this A LOT, but score has nothing to do with how well you did. Like you said, t's so easily gamed with BMGs/Infectors it's not funny AND THEY DO NOTHING TO HELP CLEAR THE EVENT!

Damage hasn't meant jack in years. :mad: R.I.P. actually killing the enemy for score. Bads were sad high ego players always out did them, so it was changed to where ego/gear means nothing except shield/HP levels as far as the encounter/scoreboard is concerned. A 500 should NOT be on a level playing field as a 5k, but Trion said otherwise... why do you think there's so many alt accounts afking at the arkfalls after 30 seconds with a bmg/infector.

http://www.defiancedata.com/page=280/score

Revive people, exploit nanos, tag everything, kill the high threat enemies first (for example: the visceras are nothing to avoid with high HP, the bombers will kill people and are squishy), pick off the little guys/ focus fire the lowest HP big guy and help clear the event... rewards will come. Faster clears = more done in same time = more keys/forge.

Quoting this just because I hate ButtMonkeyGuns... useless flashlights leeching off the rest of us!

You can pad the score by using certain weapons and actions and basically are nothing worth a damn in the arkfall even for taking 1st place.

Bentu
04-02-2017, 07:06 AM
If you came 21st you came anywhere after 20th.

Very rarely I'm above 21 lol.

mitch00uk
04-02-2017, 08:03 AM
edited............................................ .......