PDA

View Full Version : Colony Courtship was bad, Event Horizon is worse

clubside
04-04-2017, 04:56 AM
I'm not talking the broken jackpots or the usual lag and disappearing enemies/barriers, it's the "balancing".

I read elsewhere players (PLAYERS!) got the enemies "buffed". No mere bullet sponges as usual, they're dealing 2-3x as much damage, maybe 5x in the case of Feeders. I know what my character can take, what type of damage Threat Level 11 does to my 33,784 capacity shield. During Armistice Feeders hitting me directly took about 25% of my shield. Now they take ALL of it. I could take three hits from Hulkers a day ago, now a bug is nearly one-shotting me.

Give out the correct jackpots, sure, but make enemies consistent. We're talking GAME MECHANICS, things we learn to know how to play. I know you're happy letting us live with the broken Threat Levels in Silicon Valley, the fact that EGO Scaling doesn't work (in addition to being one of the worst game concepts of all time), but this is ridiculous.

clubside
04-04-2017, 05:27 AM
Just used my 3000 EGO Patron to do thgeir dailies, was one-shotted 4 times in 30 seconds at Event Horizon.

At the same Major my 33K shield was taken out by a Mongrel and was nearly dead after 2 hits.

mitch00uk
04-04-2017, 05:43 AM
To be honest i don't care if i die in one hit. What gets me is there is a very good chance u will not be re-spawned when you die. That for me is the kicker.

So before they up the death level they need to take into account the lag level and the re-spawning level. AS you said balance

LeeLeeBelle
04-04-2017, 05:50 AM
They have to nerf the enemy syphon. You can stay alive with a syphon br and regen shield but as soon as you get knocked back or have to pick up ammo it's over.

Wagner Serrato
04-04-2017, 05:58 AM
Need fix DMG on enemy and decrease DMG RAD from Shreeder. I think Shreeder this time be syphon

Lexxy Snow
04-04-2017, 06:08 AM
After two Event Horizon battles, I had enough. Standing at the edge of the red circle and hoping my rifle will reach the enemy, while praying they do not touch me, is not my idea of a fair fight. I spent several hours in the Thorn Liro instead of my regular (and much preferred) collection of nanite event weaponry. I have no idea if the Ether synergy weaponry is worth having because I am nearly unable to battle and acquire it. Some of my clan's best and brightest were clustered together like starving children in winter, hoping to stay alive while the enemies rushed down upon them. I will remain in the arenas until this issue is addressed. A shrill feeder should not kill me in one strike. I enjoy a challenge but this is absurd.

Shtank
04-04-2017, 06:12 AM
I'm glad to see tougher enemies outside of expos... I don't have a named shield, and I don't like having to extract, but making the adjustments to survive is a fun challenge... and as the week progresses, I'm sure the lag will improve... it has improved over day one already... please don't nerf the event, its fun as is

LeeLeeBelle
04-04-2017, 06:22 AM
I'm glad to see tougher enemies outside of expos... I don't have a named shield, and I don't like having to extract, but making the adjustments to survive is a fun challenge... and as the week progresses, I'm sure the lag will improve... it has improved over day one already... please don't nerf the event, its fun as is

The lag will improve because there will be fewer player there. Have fun driving from the extraction point to the arkfall over and over.

clubside
04-04-2017, 06:24 AM
Sorry Shtank if your idea of fun is breaking the mechanics. It's a videogame, where you learn in situation A enemy X causes Y damage. You can't then have situation B where X does Z damage. The horrendous Expeditions get around this by not using Threat Levels. Still doesn't make them fair but from a mechanics perspective they can finagle around it.

It's already bad enough that Threat Level 3 everywhere else on the map is one thig but in Silicon Valley it's the same as Threat Level 8. But says 3 on the screen.

And I'm not getting killed by snipers, everything is doing ridiculous damage.

Nerf? Making things consistent is NOT nerfing.

KevinVonBach
04-04-2017, 06:25 AM
Nerf? Making things consistent is NOT nerfing.

Amen... well said.

Fisherman Joe
04-04-2017, 06:36 AM
It's pretty brutal on us late night/early morning players. There's not as many players to kill the enemies during those hours and we're getting our butts kicked.

LeeLeeBelle
04-04-2017, 07:00 AM
It's pretty brutal on us late night/early morning players. There's not as many players to kill the enemies during those hours and we're getting our butts kicked.

It wasn't much better in prime time. Leader boards full of 15-20 downs.

PanzerKlink
04-04-2017, 07:08 AM
I'd argue the main cause of the instant-deaths would be the area-effect of the Shrill Feeders and arguably the Knockback of Darkmatter Snipers and Bullwark Missiles, if the area effect of Shrill Feeders, leaving only the damage dealt by the projectile itself, and the knockback from the Darkmatter enemies were removed, this event would likely become a lot easier for lower-ego players.

Currently this event seems to be more geared towards player Ego 5k or higher, making it incredibly difficult for any player of lower ego.

Alternatively returning the Hard Reset of the Bullwarks would help in allowing time for shield regen,

NullWolf
04-04-2017, 07:09 AM
I can already forsee by the final week of the event there was much more failed to complete EHs that actual completed ones, it'll be like the first SS events in the late night/early morning hours where the volge outnumbered and outgunned the players 5 to 1.

Enemies should either be toned down to a more acceptable level or make it where more players than usual are required at an event for trigger the 10 an 11 threat tiers

OverDoneOne
04-04-2017, 07:51 AM
My lvl 6000 with sup syphon motu/sup crit mass all T5s on both and a nano rig with nano keystone which is all setup just for triggering nano and doing syphon damage and resisting syphon damage and I am getting wasted. The combination of lag and the upped damage scale on the baddies is killin me literally with just a few hits here and there.

Now when I do the event ark, I just go in and tag a couple to get a score and then I go hide and wait it out, theres no way I can handle working my butt off to get kills and get one shotted just to get insult added to injury with the deduction of points for a death.

There must be something in their water over there at trion headquarters that's making them nutz and crazy. ;)

BTW The final blow happened, I got my first event jp from an event horizon arkfall and its a xaphan :(

clubside
04-04-2017, 07:55 AM
I'm right now on PS3 at Event Horizon at the Fork. 17 downs. No enemies in the red circle, chased the players far away, easily over 100 red dots on the map probably more. What a horrible, horrible mess. Oh, and we're down to 10min left. Twenty minutes of this nonsense.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-04-2017, 08:31 AM
they gave up doing them because of the messed up karma loot drops

Fasti
04-04-2017, 08:36 AM
Hey folks, we're investigating now. I posted on the issue with difficulty here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?256412-Trion!-W-t-f-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&p=2005383#post2005383), so please take a look when you get a chance.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Hey folks, we're investigating now. I posted on the issue with difficulty here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?256412-Trion!-W-t-f-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&p=2005383#post2005383), so please take a look when you get a chance.

what about the messed up karma drops?

Fasti
04-04-2017, 10:23 AM
what about the messed up karma drops?

Destromathe has info on karma drops here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?256400-ATTN-destro-the-karma-loot-or-jackpot-loot-is-busted-again&p=2005404&viewfull=1#post2005404).

Cygnus
04-04-2017, 10:40 AM
I can already forsee by the final week of the event there was much more failed to complete EHs that actual completed ones, it'll be like the first SS events in the late night/early morning hours where the volge outnumbered and outgunned the players 5 to 1.

Enemies should either be toned down to a more acceptable level or make it where more players than usual are required at an event for trigger the 10 an 11 threat tiers

I was thinking how this reminded me of the first events and being chased by all the minigunners saying" got you now" lol. Not being resd and feeling like you were the only one their. Brings back memories...

Previously people said mjr were too easy in the beginning of the events so dev kept scaling up but at the end they were to hard an took forever to complete. I think this is the result.

gulac
04-04-2017, 10:55 AM
No mere bullet sponges as usual, they're dealing 2-3x as much damage, maybe 5x in the case of Feeders.

I dont know how much damage they are doing but I do know how much damage I am not doing.

Shooting an enemy with a 9k damage AR at 18rps and their health and shield bars refresh while the bullets are hitting them is ridiculous.

Of course not sure how the mob AI works but once you start using more powerful guns you can be hit by five different enemies. All hitting you at once some from all the way on the other side of the red circle.

Then there is both the booby traps they set where if you go to revive someone or load from ammo box they kill you, and to stop you reviving yourself they keep hitting you.

And if you extract, then try to get back in the game they have formed a circle around the entire field, or at least the access points, stopping you from even getting close to where you were.

That's been my experience in frustration so far.

And yes I think the damage should be leveled to be the same from event to event.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-04-2017, 11:23 AM
Destromathe has info on karma drops here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?256400-ATTN-destro-the-karma-loot-or-jackpot-loot-is-busted-again&p=2005404&viewfull=1#post2005404).

players in game are posting in zone now that that jps arent dropping at all now, even from bit store boxes. now they get string missing . but no jps in claims or backpack

Destromathe
04-04-2017, 11:50 AM
players in game are posting in zone now that that jps arent dropping at all now, even from bit store boxes. now they get string missing . but no jps in claims or backpack

I assure you that jackpots are dropping from both events and lock boxes. We have tested and confirmed, and data shows many jackpots dropping.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-04-2017, 12:02 PM
I assure you that jackpots are dropping from both events and lock boxes. We have tested and confirmed, and data shows many jackpots dropping.

good to know. what did this happen a 2nd time? how did this build it make it out of pts like this?
i can pm you the players name if you would like. he doesnt use the forums. i also informed the player to file a ticket with support

DEATHBRINGER210
04-04-2017, 01:57 PM

someone just pulled a adapt aug jp lmg
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?256400-ATTN-destro-the-karma-loot-or-jackpot-loot-is-busted-again/page4

clubside
04-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Playing a low EGO watched as a single Feeder hit took out 5 people, then 2 who came to do revives, then 3 more.

I went behind a building with my 33k shield so I could type into chat and was illed by a Mongrel in 2 hits before I could exit chat and run.

My 4 EGO character with an Apocalypse is one-shotted but can't kill a Feeder with 5 direct hits.

This event is an EMBARRASSMENT.

KnightCole
04-06-2017, 04:41 AM
It'd be great if this game got away from the bullet sponges of mobs.....sitting there with 100 guys putting 985,000,958,048,948,099,988,898,929,123,230,958,57 8,483,231 points of damage into a single mob is, well....excessive.....to put it in its simplest and most, rule following format.......

I think 250,000 health per mob is more then enough......

Tasin
04-06-2017, 05:10 AM
It'd be great if this game got away from the bullet sponges of mobs.....sitting there with 100 guys putting 985,000,958,048,948,099,988,898,929,123,230,958,57 8,483,231 points of damage into a single mob is, well....excessive.....to put it in its simplest and most, rule following format.......

I think 250,000 health per mob is more then enough......

If the enemies had 250,000 health the majors wouldn't last 30 seconds

LeeLeeBelle
04-06-2017, 05:27 AM
If the enemies had 250,000 health the majors wouldn't last 30 seconds

If the majors only lasted 30 seconds I could do enough in a day to get a karma drop. I could live with that.

mitch00uk
04-06-2017, 05:32 AM
[QUOTE=LeeLeeBelle;2006011]If the majors only lasted 30 seconds I could do enough in a day to get a karma drop. I could live with that.[/QUO

30 secs majors really! time u finished the last minor u'd missed the major!!

Majors should last 7-10 mins for my liken- That gives peeps who are on diff shards time to find and jump to majors and have a play. Peeps are just about end game

Tasin
04-06-2017, 05:39 AM
If the majors only lasted 30 seconds I could do enough in a day to get a karma drop. I could live with that.

No you couldn't since you wouldn't even make it in time to most of the arkfalls.

LeeLeeBelle
04-06-2017, 05:42 AM
30 secs majors really! time u finished the last minor u'd missed the major!!

Majors should last 7-10 mins for my liken- That gives peeps who are on diff shards time to find and jump to majors and have a play. Peeps are just about end game

True on all counts. To me the point of event "grindfalls" is all about the jackpot roll.

Decoy303
04-06-2017, 08:32 AM
The Bulwarks missile silos never power down. They stay open and that is a huge mistake. The feeders move awkwardly. They are moving all over the place in glitch fashion. Then you are more than likely fighting well outside of the circle which helps to beat the **** out of the enemy and stay alive but even that approach is a fail because once you so knock armour plates off and start getting health and shield damage in these ****ers which have pushed your *** well outside if the perimeter run back into the red and we all know what that means. Full health and shield for those bastards while you're left recharging and stimming armour plates back into yourself. And someone else mentioned how it's ridiculous how the enemy can scale up cliffs that we ourselves cannot. No where to run. No where to hide. Just die, extract, because no one can see you nor will they survive attempting to do so. Extract is your only option and then you're in perpetual dread of disconnecting. This is why these events need a decent break in between. Trion... you yourselves need a break in between. To work out the kinks in your code. Lots of us would love to beta test **** out with you. But we all need breaks to sell and trade and most importantly to expo and get the rigs and chips that we need. We can't do it all.