PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Newbies and Event Difficulty Scaling

Ryim
04-06-2017, 07:32 AM
The main reason to reduce difficulty in an Event Arkfall is not for those of us that are 6k and simply need to adjust tactics, but for those Newbies coming into the game. Getting one-shotted, with no Revive, 30-40 times in an Arkfall just isn't a good introduction to the game. We can all agree on that.

While the Hotfix#1 is going to reduce the difficulty to correct this, I propose an idea be tabled by the Devs for future consideration.

Adjust the Scaling of the buffs to Newbies/Low-Ego players.

Instead of just pushing their ego up to 5500 (or whatever it is, I forget), give them Damage Reduction based on Ego difference. Example: A 3000 ego players gets ego pushed to 5500, plus a 10% Damage reduction on top of it. However, a 150 ego player gets pushed to 5500 as well, but gets a 50% Damage reduction (numbers are for discussion purposes only, and not intended to be the actual figures. Actual DMG Reduction would have to be carefully set to prevent OP players).

Before people chime in and say that Vets would just run with low-ego toons for arkfalls, leave the weapon scaling as is. So, while improving a Low-Ego's chances of survival, we are not giving them the means to dominate the arkfall. Even with 50% damage reduction, a 150 ego is still gonna get smacked around a lot, but will be a lot less brutal. If possible, this could be set to different levels of protection based on Event Scaling. The purpose is to reduce slamming new players (ie possible new income for Trion), while keeping older players (ie current & future income) challenged.

Please, discuss and add any ideas you all may come up with as well. As I said, let's not brutalize the Newbies, but let's also keep it challenging for Vets.

PanzerKlink
04-06-2017, 07:52 AM
One of the issues with scaling is that Shield scaling does not work correctly, whilst it does increase the cap, it doesn't nearly take it as high as it would be if it was actually at the scaled up ego.

Can't be certain of it's exact value but an OJ Rhino Scaled to Ego 5000 would have a cap of around 16-18k, whilst an actual OJ Rhino at Ego 5000 would be around 25-26k (Don't quote me on that, haven't used an Ego 5000 Rhino in a long time)

Decoy303
04-06-2017, 08:16 AM
I've never liked that beginners are able to get too all the places on the map just by teleporting to someone they know. You should only be able to get there once you've accomplished the pursuits and storyboard that leads you there. However I'm not opposed to you being able to teleport they're but it shouldn't then become available on your map by doing so. Also this way events in Marin could be at a lower difficulty setting for noobs, higher in S.F. and expert level in S.V.
We could also make getting J.P.S easier for low levels in S.V. and less likely in Marin because if you do well there you deserve good rewards. And that would also make 6k egos earn their keep as well. And stop letting people with BMGs with no kills get to the top of the leader board. It's wack!

HRM Vidia
04-06-2017, 09:06 AM
I am ego 2500 and my husband (4k) play together and I have noticed that the game is enjoyable with the two of us, but as soon as a higher level person comes to our conflict etc it becomes unplay-ably difficult for me and much more difficult for him. I usually just switch to healing and wait for them to finish things. Arkfalls are different because I expect to die and start out healing people. It would make the game much more enjoyable if I could contribute to what we are doing.

Bentu
04-06-2017, 09:29 AM
I am ego 2500 and my husband (4k) play together and I have noticed that the game is enjoyable with the two of us, but as soon as a higher level person comes to our conflict etc it becomes unplay-ably difficult for me and much more difficult for him. I usually just switch to healing and wait for them to finish things. Arkfalls are different because I expect to die and start out healing people. It would make the game much more enjoyable if I could contribute to what we are doing.

You shouldn't be dieing just because you're a low ego.
At majors or any arkfall for that matter there's the crystals and arkfall wreckage you can take cover behind.
Take it from me just because a player is 6k doesn't mean they can't be one shotted or teamed up on by enemies.
Many a time I've had multiple hulkers or monarch's chasing me around a arkfall and one of my characters only uses white weapons and has a blue shield.

It's difficult for all of us but it's how you adapt you game play that counts.

HRM Vidia
04-06-2017, 10:13 AM
I enjoy that this game takes skill into account, and when I die, it's not the main problem. I feel that I am not contributing to what we are doing. I can unload my gun, fully modded, at my level, 3 times and not kill a leech, then my husband comes by and 1 shot's it and everything around it. Some guns are better, and we are still learning this game, but it gives me less exp, and I fall further behind. So my only option in arkfalls is to heal, then I do well and rarely die.