PDA

View Full Version : Who cares!!!!!!!!

16essiju
04-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Who cares that they maintain the servers.would u rather them let it go so you can lag while trying to kill a mutant. NO! deal with it, ive been playing since 6 this mourning and now its 8 im fine with a half hour not playing because now i can find out how to get my Charger. :p

starlitegirlx
04-07-2013, 05:14 PM
This should be done at an off time. That is how it is generally done. Not on a weekend when people play a lot. But when the majority of their players (states I'm guessing and maybe UK time zone) are not likely to be playing... like midnight to 1 am EST. That's 6 am in UK and portions of other countries in europe. Further along that would still not make it later than 7-9 am when most people aren't playing.

This should have been tested before people paid $60 for it since it is a server based game. They screwed up. For all the server time that it's been down since I got the game, I can only say it just keep making them look more and more like a bunch of high school punks that wanted to run a game. I know because I was a software and system tester. They should have tested the servers on a massive scale before sending it out. Epic fail on their part.

Orge Lambart
04-07-2013, 05:15 PM
most people would prefer them to do this at like 3 a.m PST like every other MMO in the world does it currently. Then you flip flop for servers in the EU, and do it at 3 p.m PST.

Vhailas
04-07-2013, 05:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlP9db30MRU

alpharougewarx
04-07-2013, 05:18 PM

hahahahahaha XD

ItISLupus
04-07-2013, 05:18 PM
The first few weeks for an MMO are normally hectic because they are pushing update after update to fix the bugs they couldn't see in a small test environment. Once we hit the month mark, they should stop pushing so often and find a good day to update around. Requiem does theirs on a Thursday night.

Vhailas
04-07-2013, 05:19 PM
hahahahahaha XD

It fits, right?

Ainrehtea
04-07-2013, 05:21 PM

That gave me a good laugh. xD Anyway, This game should be running smoothly soon. So I'm not worried.

Vhailas
04-07-2013, 05:22 PM
That gave me a good laugh. xD Anyway, This game should be running smoothly soon. So I'm not worried.
Same. They appear to be working pretty hard to sort it out, and the lag ain't been half bad the last couple days.

Skydon
04-07-2013, 05:24 PM
You do understand the updates come at 12:30am in the UK. They cant bend time so its at that time all over the world. I'm happy they do it for the UK other games update at peak times for us so the American don't cry because it interrupt there playing experience. And for people asking why they released an unfinished game, its an MMO I challenge you to find a one that was never updated and was finished on release day.

LALLY
04-07-2013, 05:24 PM
I have no problem when the servers go down, im usually happy because I know they are doin something to improve the game, the problem with defiance on xbox is that most people on xbox don't understand how mmos work and have really low patience.....if the servers are down for an hour, big deal, have a break from the game and come back after they have improved it

alpharougewarx
04-07-2013, 05:25 PM
It fits, right?

hahah lol yea. oh yea big time

LALLY
04-07-2013, 05:26 PM
You do understand the updates come at 12:30am in the UK. They cant bend time so its at that time all over the world. I'm happy they do it for the UK other games update at peak times for us so the American don't cry because it interrupt there playing experience. And for people asking why they released an unfinished game, its an MMO I challenge you to find a one that was never updated as was finished on release day.

exactly, I feel like a lot of people on xbox are treating this like a massive rpg, its an mmo for god sake, week one, its been running well good

Vhailas
04-07-2013, 05:26 PM
And for people asking why they released an unfinished game, its an MMO I challenge you to find a one that was never updated as was finished on release day.

Oh, I wasn't complaining... but really, that song really fit the theme of the first 3 days in the forums.

alpharougewarx
04-07-2013, 05:29 PM
give it time. like all mmo's it will grwow. into a better game :)

Skydon
04-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Happy in not the only 1 who is finding it good that a company is updating its game frequently. Some people are never happy, its either they don't update enough or its updated too much.

cobaltlotus
04-07-2013, 05:37 PM
The first few weeks for an MMO are normally hectic because they are pushing update after update to fix the bugs they couldn't see in a small test environment. Once we hit the month mark, they should stop pushing so often and find a good day to update around. Requiem does theirs on a Thursday night.

That's the problem, though. All of the bugs we've dealt with now involve server crashes and character persistence problems, as well as horrendous lag on Xbox.

If they had had a proper open beta, with a proper testing time and schedule, all of this would have been avoided (or most of it) and the game wouldn't need to go down for maintenance or crash several times every day.

A lot of people have purchased a product they haven't been able to play very much or at all; and even for an MMO, it's pretty much inexcusable. There is no ultimatum of "oh, would you rather they fix the game, or let it keep crashing every day?"

1) Keeping the game working is what their customers pay for.
2) Proper testing and not releasing the game in a borderline-BETA state would've helped immensely.

People coming out with that ultimatum over and over are just ignorant of how this process should work.

Skydon
04-07-2013, 05:48 PM
They did upgrade the servers before the game was released and if people are having lagg problems still then it has to be there connection as i am fine and I'm sure everyone else is. Alot of games released by developers that they didn't expect to sell so good have server problems. Homefront was a perfect example. It hasn't been out long and I have only encountered 3 bugs which are all corrected ( monsters disappearing during Arkfalls, Inspect feature not working and no achievement for the co op mission)

Colteran
04-07-2013, 08:29 PM
This should be done at an off time. That is how it is generally done. Not on a weekend when people play a lot. But when the majority of their players (states I'm guessing and maybe UK time zone) are not likely to be playing... like midnight to 1 am EST. That's 6 am in UK and portions of other countries in europe. Further along that would still not make it later than 7-9 am when most people aren't playing.

This should have been tested before people paid $60 for it since it is a server based game. They screwed up. For all the server time that it's been down since I got the game, I can only say it just keep making them look more and more like a bunch of high school punks that wanted to run a game. I know because I was a software and system tester. They should have tested the servers on a massive scale before sending it out. Epic fail on their part.

So we inconvenience other areas of the world...eh...who cares right? I mean I guess when maintenance is being performed we could find something else to preoccupy our time for half of an hour but that would be too logical.

LALLY
04-07-2013, 08:34 PM
the problem with defiance is too many people bought it without understanding mmo's, I think half the people who bought it think it should run like borderlands, its an mmo, u may have paid 60 dollars but u have no subscription, and constant improvements, u have invested in a game for next few years not months so just chill.

LALLY
04-07-2013, 08:37 PM

I understand u may be frustrated but 'highschool punks' come on man, no matter how much testing u do no company can ever be ready for problems on a launch of a new mmo........u were a software and system tester...that's cool. have u ever tried to run an mmo in its first week and re write code constantly?