PDA

View Full Version : Dev's what direction would you like to see the game go?

Bentu
04-09-2017, 08:36 PM
We all get a chance now and then to pose the odd questions to the Dev's in the live streams but I'd like to know where they would like to see the game going.

It would be really great to get their thought's as to what is actually achievable albeit bug fixes or new content or even a Defiance 2.

Thank you for reading and looking forward to seeing some replies.

NobleLionz
04-10-2017, 03:53 AM
A constructive reply is needed.

Alahali
04-10-2017, 04:57 AM
Searching ... this may take a few minutes

WhiteStrike
04-10-2017, 05:19 AM
We all get a chance now and then to pose the odd questions to the Dev's in the live streams but I'd like to know where they would like to see the game going.

It would be really great to get their thought's as to what is actually achievable albeit bug fixes or new content or even a Defiance 2.

Sadly, it seems that events are the only thing that's on the horizon.

KevinVonBach
04-10-2017, 06:59 AM
I'd love to see a developer pop into this thread, and divulge some info... but I won't hold my breath. Probably won't be too much longer before I delete the game from my laptop, seeing as how I already did the same on my 360 and PS3 years ago.

Re-skinned arkfalls, synergies, and weapons =/= new content (IMO)

Light Energy
04-10-2017, 07:29 AM
Sadly, it seems that events are the only thing that's on the horizon.

I thought that was a good pun....Event Horizon :).

I look forward to seeing the Dev Team's ideas for the future...but right now, I think management is "all about the events".
For any real new content, a significant investment of money, time and effort will need to be made... I don't think the Devs can do new events and new content at the same time...
I'd rather the bug backlog was looked at and old issues were resolved (especially inventory).

Maybe we need a poll for the management (or whoever controls the purse strings) to look at - what do players want:
A) More events.
or
B) More real new content.
or
C) Bug fixes and old problems resolved.

KevinVonBach
04-10-2017, 09:20 AM
Maybe we need a poll for the management (or whoever controls the purse strings) to look at - what do players want:
A) More events.
or
or

For what it's worth... here's the way that I would vote:

Priority #1: Option (C)

Priority #2: Option (B)

Priority #3: Option (A)

yurei
04-10-2017, 09:43 AM
[QUOTE=Bentu;2006980]We all get a chance now and then to pose the odd questions to the Dev's in the live streams but I'd like to know where they would like to see the game going.

I too share the same concerns and would like get some info on upcoming content that's ACTUALLY NEW not reskinned and even if not new content bug fixes just to show that game is actually going strong and not sinking in the ocean.

Bentu
04-10-2017, 11:05 AM
I didn't post the thread to see what is actually coming down the road but to see the devs creative juices at work even if they can't implement them in the game.

There's obviously reasons they can't do some things and it would be nice to know why but I'd like to just see what they would do if they could.

MrE
04-10-2017, 11:36 AM
there are a few threads with suggestions. more map, 1 new expedition or coop atleast i understood that more were planned, there are a lot more enemy types to use. rework the scoring system. if no new world bosses are on the horizon fix the one we have the warmaster. maybe seperate different phases of the map (yes the same map but you said realistic) that is standared, advanced, expert; maybe with higher rewards on offer for being more difficult, think after arktech revolutions dlc hit.and extra difficlty atleast on coops, maybe offering more currency reward, especially if you kill All the enemies. expedition style tier based warmaster knockout, the more rounds you go the tougher it gets, if you die and noone revives you you get knocked out of the map.

a trade currency that you can use to trade items to other players and they can buy jackpots or defiance store items, mybe loyalty. you can earn the currency from any event, arkfalls, expeditions, coops, pvp.

inventory overhaul so we can organise, sort and transfer inventory for modding or storing.

Ned Kelly
04-10-2017, 11:37 AM
I didn't post the thread to see what is actually coming down the road but to see the devs creative juices at work even if they can't implement them in the game.

There's obviously reasons they can't do some things and it would be nice to know why but I'd like to just see what they would do if they could.

Probably reasons they can't just swing into this thread and talk.

Well, until management has approved their "off the cuff" remarks that they would like to post, might have to wait at least another few days.

ratpie
04-10-2017, 11:38 AM
For what it's worth... here's the way that I would vote:

Priority #1: Option (C)

Priority #2: Option (B)

Priority #3: Option (A)

1B
2C
3A

for me

Destromathe
04-10-2017, 12:19 PM
These are the kinds of threads that I would love to get involved with, but unfortunately it is very difficult. In any constantly evolving online gamespace, players are always looking to what comes next, and it is the developers job to deliver that. However, any small thing that we discuss may be seen as truth, and all of a sudden a thread opens up called "Devs said they are making Defiance 2!!".

As a development team, we don't deal in what ifs, as much as we would like to. The conversation of "If we had unlimited resources, what would we do?" is a really fun exercise, but it does not help you, the players, in any way. We tend to stick more in absolutes, and what is a realistic accomplishment we can achieve in the future.

NOW, with all of that being said, there are absolutely features of the game that are on our radar to improve, and these features are being worked on daily. There is a future idea of what this game can be, and we are actively working towards that. All I ask is for your patience, as the development process is never quick or easy. We will always share details with all of you when we have absolutes, not what ifs.

Please do continue to leave your feedback about what YOU want to see in game, as this is always our basis for anything that we improve upon. Thanks!

LOOKxATxTHISxI
04-10-2017, 03:19 PM
Would love to see the game ported to next gen if at all possible.

If no plans to port to next gen systems would you guys allow us to port our characters over to the pc side of things when the console servers eventually shut down? I'm sure the pc crowd would love having some new blood to play with/against and new people to trade with. Kind of gun shy to spend any more money not knowing what the consoles have in store for us.

I know you have to keep the cards close to the chest for industry reasons but you could give us the thumbs up/down on pc porting our characters. There would be big money in that for you guys. I know several players who would ditch the console version asap if given the opportunity. You port stuff for pts, this would not be far fetched to see being implemented.

crasher
04-10-2017, 06:34 PM
I'd love to see a developer pop into this thread, and divulge some info... but I won't hold my breath. Probably won't be too much longer before I delete the game from my laptop, seeing as how I already did the same on my 360 and PS3 years ago.

Re-skinned arkfalls, synergies, and weapons =/= new content (IMO)

Thats kinda what a 'Community Manager' is supposed to do, if a 'Community Manager' was interested in 'managing a community'.

Managing, in this case, refers to helping out the players, so they feel that the 'Powers That Be' are actually there, and not locked in a smoke filled room drinking bourbon and watching netflix while the players are having issues.....
Just sayin'....

Heishiro Mitsurugi
04-10-2017, 07:54 PM

C C and more C

Tasin
04-10-2017, 09:35 PM
I thought that was a good pun....Event Horizon :).

I look forward to seeing the Dev Team's ideas for the future...but right now, I think management is "all about the events".
For any real new content, a significant investment of money, time and effort will need to be made... I don't think the Devs can do new events and new content at the same time...
I'd rather the bug backlog was looked at and old issues were resolved (especially inventory).

A) More events.
or

C) Bug fixes and old problems resolved
Or
D) Better reward vs. effort ratio. For example if you finish 200 expos you should atleast pull one jp. Also get rid of the weighted RNG, for example if you pull 40 jps 30 of them wont be pistols and the rest LMGs.

I vote for D).

Fisherman Joe
04-11-2017, 02:06 AM
1) b
2) a
3) d
4) c

crasher
04-11-2017, 02:15 AM
C C and more C
This.
If the game doesn't work - there's not much point in better possible rewards....
Half the ppl will never see the rewards because the bugs.

Most of the rest will just bail out instead of long-term patrons.
I fall for a weekly patron about once/year, when I come back and think issues may have been resolved.
Then I quit in disgust again.
If they fixed the base code - I'd stick around and patron more often.

Hell, I pay $16/month to ESO, and a sub isn't even required, because they fix schtako when it happens, and CREATE NEW CONTENT rather than spray paint another coat on last years crap and roll it out again.

I still can't believe Civil War uniforms and samurai seemed like a good idea to a previous dev.

Bentu
04-11-2017, 03:39 AM
I still can't believe Civil War uniforms and samurai seemed like a good idea to a previous dev.

That was my thought's at the time and it still makes no sense to me.

I'm glad Destro posted but am disappointed he couldn't say something on his thoughts for the game.
I guess they're worried about having it held against them.
Such as he'd like to do xyz and then everyone would jump in and say well you can do x and z is possible if you do so an so.

We all know stability is a major problem for the game and a lot is down to our own Internet connection and suppliers but I do wish they'd do whatever they could on their end to make it as stable as possible.

KevinVonBach
04-11-2017, 05:17 AM
C C and more C

And yet, someone quoted me and said "B" should be the #1 priority.

Sigh, this community... :rolleyes:

RLH1979
04-14-2017, 01:07 PM
Honestly I love how the game is going, it's got a loyal and solid fan base. Though I would love for more story stuff, maybe an update with some story elements the show was going to use but never got the chance to. I would also love say even a 48 or 72 hour window we could reuse the season 2 and 3 Arkfall codes for those completionists who play and missed out on some. Thanks to them no longer working I can't get 100% and that makes me slightly bugged. I would love to find out what happens after the whole silicon valley stuff, what the real fallout of that cult is and how it affects the area as a whole.

Just saying as a fan of the game, I would love to see an expansion to the story after all of the excitement that went down in silicon valley, or maybe even a new area added like say nappa valley wine country and what happened there or in Oakland and that area. This game has so much potential still, and if you guys could get some of the creative content they failed to use in the show added it would rock!

Sliverbaer
04-15-2017, 07:03 AM
The lack of story and lore, to expand the Defiance Universe is what saddens me. I haven't even bothered to jump on PTS to check things out. I used to get excited about new Defiance story, which sorta fizzled out when the show ended. :-(

xSalemx
04-22-2017, 09:38 PM
It's too late, it's too soon, or is it..tick..tick..tick..tick..tick..tick..tick-

xSalemx
04-22-2017, 09:50 PM
Dud.

http://webcdn.triongames.com/defiance/img/Nuke.gif

mitch00uk
04-23-2017, 02:17 AM
That was my thought's at the time and it still makes no sense to me.

I'm glad Destro posted but am disappointed he couldn't say something on his thoughts for the game.
I guess they're worried about having it held against them.
Such as he'd like to do xyz and then everyone would jump in and say well you can do x and z is possible if you do so an so.

We all know stability is a major problem for the game and a lot is down to our own Internet connection and suppliers but I do wish they'd do whatever they could on their end to make it as stable as possible.

==========
I think it was just more of the same company lime rubbish . Say a lot but say nothing. I mean did anyone expect any different? He could have spoke about what bugs they were sorting right now. Or the top of the to do list. But chose to say the same thing we here 100% of the time

Bentu
04-23-2017, 02:55 AM
==========
I think it was just more of the same company lime rubbish . Say a lot but say nothing. I mean did anyone expect any different? He could have spoke about what bugs they were sorting right now. Or the top of the to do list. But chose to say the same thing we here 100% of the time

Oh totally agree, why say anything when nothing will do.
Thing is we are "entitled" for the game fixes and stability that is due us through the purchase of the patron pass.
As the term patron pass to me suggests that those who are supporting the game are doing just that.

Paying for it's up keep and future content, imo any other income and profits should be drawn from bundles etc.

All I can say is that the community and game deserve better.

Lycan Nightshade
04-23-2017, 03:40 AM
It may be just me but i would think they could at least share a few things they are working on. You know some specifics... not the song and dance of "things and stuff" sadly all i ever hear about in any detail is the next event....

mitch00uk
04-23-2017, 05:39 AM
lol

One thing I have come to expect with devs is this tired old line

But that being said <-- while going on to say nothing of any purpose or Interest .

Calm like a Bomb
04-23-2017, 12:08 PM
These are the kinds of threads that I would love to get involved with, but unfortunately it is very difficult. In any constantly evolving online gamespace, players are always looking to what comes next, and it is the developers job to deliver that. However, any small thing that we discuss may be seen as truth, and all of a sudden a thread opens up called "Devs said they are making Defiance 2!!".

That just sounds like something a person would say that have no actual plans. This was a thread called "Devs what direction would you like to see this game go". All we are asking for is a bone to be thrown at us. Let us know the direction you want to take this game, things you would like to implement. Let us, the community whom pays your salaries, help you brainstorm your ideas if in fact you actually do have a future plan or I should say Trion has a future plan for Defiance, we work for free, take advantage of us in that way....and so what if a thread opens saying the devs said this or that...what's great about you being devs and having your CM is that you can shut that down real fast with a response to those threads and then having the ability to lock it or completely remove it.

As a development team, we don't deal in what ifs, as much as we would like to. The conversation of "If we had unlimited resources, what would we do?" is a really fun exercise, but it does not help you, the players, in any way. We tend to stick more in absolutes, and what is a realistic accomplishment we can achieve in the future.

I don't recall this thread asking what you would do with unlimited resources. We just want to know what's to become of this game in the future, what you have brewing in your heads. We don't want what ifs, we want to hear your realistic, plausible plans to continue growing and evolving this title. You devs have alot on your plates. There's only you and Rarnok as far as I'm aware of. We want to help you out, help you brainstorm, with more of us involved in the process it would only benefit you and help get the creative wheels turning again and bring the thrill and joy you once experienced back. Your lack of excitement makes many believe that there is no actual plans beside the new monthly event, nothing of substance, no new content, story, map expansions, ect.

NOW, with all of that being said, there are absolutely features of the game that are on our radar to improve, and these features are being worked on daily. There is a future idea of what this game can be, and we are actively working towards that. All I ask is for your patience, as the development process is never quick or easy. We will always share details with all of you when we have absolutes, not what ifs.

So tell us about this future idea you are actively working towards. It's really fun to see the creative process at work and it's evolution into the final product...and like I said earlier we can help you in the process. We may open your minds to things you never thought of or possibly make you aware of things that won't work or wouldn't be idea without this or that happening. We can't help you if you don't let us in on your thought process and we really want to help.

Please do continue to leave your feedback about what YOU want to see in game, as this is always our basis for anything that we improve upon. Thanks!

You all are pretty aware of the communities passion for this game. Trion has to know about the potential money this game will generate for them. The SciFy channel is no longer involved with this game...this is your world to do with as you wish. The possibilities are limitless. The only restrictions that appear to me are what Trion is willing to invest into this game to keep it up, running and evolving...which, idk why,but it seems like Trion is done with having anything to do with this game besides making you all release a new bit store synergy every month to keep the money flowing in.

...so, what does the upper management, your bosses, have on the radar for the future of Defiance? Is it even on their radar or have they wrote it off and decided to move on with all their other projects. Do they not want to address it until the console servers go down so that then they can just focus on the pc version. They can't be that blind about the money this game would generate for them if they would create a defiance 2.0. so to say. Does Trion want to bring a new version next gen but Sony and Microsoft aren't on board atm because of the issues it has running on consoles? Idk, we just want to hear about anything pertaining to the future other than the new bit store event synergy crates and bundles.

Bentu
04-23-2017, 12:42 PM
That just sounds like something a person would say that have no actual plans. This was a thread called "Devs what direction would you like to see this game go". All we are asking for is a bone to be thrown at us. Let us know the direction you want to take this game, things you would like to implement. Let us, the community whom pays your salaries, help you brainstorm your ideas if in fact you actually do have a future plan or I should say Trion has a future plan for Defiance, we work for free, take advantage of us in that way....and so what if a thread opens saying the devs said this or that...what's great about you being devs and having your CM is that you can shut that down real fast with a response to those threads and then having the ability to lock it or completely remove it.

I don't recall this thread asking what you would do with unlimited resources. We just want to know what's to become of this game in the future, what you have brewing in your heads. We don't want what ifs, we want to hear your realistic, plausible plans to continue growing and evolving this title. You devs have alot on your plates. There's only you and Rarnok as far as I'm aware of. We want to help you out, help you brainstorm, with more of us involved in the process it would only benefit you and help get the creative wheels turning again and bring the thrill and joy you once experienced back. Your lack of excitement makes many believe that there is no actual plans beside the new monthly event, nothing of substance, no new content, story, map expansions, ect.

So tell us about this future idea you are actively working towards. It's really fun to see the creative process at work and it's evolution into the final product...and like I said earlier we can help you in the process. We may open your minds to things you never thought of or possibly make you aware of things that won't work or wouldn't be idea without this or that happening. We can't help you if you don't let us in on your thought process and we really want to help.

You all are pretty aware of the communities passion for this game. Trion has to know about the potential money this game will generate for them. The SciFy channel is no longer involved with this game...this is your world to do with as you wish. The possibilities are limitless. The only restrictions that appear to me are what Trion is willing to invest into this game to keep it up, running and evolving...which, idk why,but it seems like Trion is done with having anything to do with this game besides making you all release a new bit store synergy every month to keep the money flowing in.

...so, what does the upper management, your bosses, have on the radar for the future of Defiance? Is it even on their radar or have they wrote it off and decided to move on with all their other projects. Do they not want to address it until the console servers go down so that then they can just focus on the pc version. They can't be that blind about the money this game would generate for them if they would create a defiance 2.0. so to say. Does Trion want to bring a new version next gen but Sony and Microsoft aren't on board atm because of the issues it has running on consoles? Idk, we just want to hear about anything pertaining to the future other than the new bit store event synergy crates and bundles.

I just wanted to see the creative juices flowing, I did honestly have some hope for the thread but Destro post put it to bed.

Calm like a Bomb
04-23-2017, 12:53 PM
I just wanted to see the creative juices flowing, I did honestly have some hope for the thread but Destro post put it to bed.

As we all would have liked to have seen and heard about but Trion has figuratively neutered the devs.