PDA

View Full Version : Something Constructive

Kristine DeBell
04-10-2017, 08:13 AM
It's been quite a few days since this EH event has been scaled down and all I see are still the same issues during the encounters. 1st off, I'm by no means the best player in this game. . Far from it but here's some tips for the new players. For those who are good don't hesitate to chip in.

1. Any skill which restricts your mobility is a no-no. E.g. crit when crouched. Simply put, you're dead when the feeders and bulwarks nuke you and all you can do is try and waddle out of the way.

2. Ammo boxes - these are aggro magnets. Don't stand there plinking away at the mobs when everyone is running there pulling aggro towards it to try and reload. If you need ammo that bad, grab it and run away. Don't stand there and suicide like the brave hero you are.

3. Spikes and grenades - You have them so err you know, use them. Script in this game is worthless. You can buy back what you used by the junk you loot off the ground after each arkfall.

4. Flashbangs - Don't bother with the rest. a stunned mob is a mob that isn't trying to bend you over. Use it.

5. Focus fire - You are not going to solo a single mob at threat 11 all by your lonesome. You will die. Focus your fire. Take a couple seconds and look around and unload on the mob with the lowest hp.

6. Cover - wth, i see so many literally running up to the forges and bulwarks and stand nose to nose firing ! wth ! The arkfall debris is there for a reason. Think about it.

7. AOE - This means 'Area Of Effect'. You have detonators and mass cannons. Use them when the mobs are gathered together. If you get aggro then welll, you know RUN ! find cover. Evade. Do something beside stand there and die.

Seriously, the devs have scaled down the mobs to the point where the snafus should not be happening and yet they do. Frequently. C'mon. Get good already !

Tasin
04-10-2017, 08:51 AM
But I can kill TL11 mobs all by myself.

mitch00uk
04-10-2017, 09:58 AM
Since Saturday night i'm loving Event horizon I was getting disconnected 1 in every 2 I did. The event was horrid. I Managed 15 arkfalls all week, When normally do over 100.

But since Saturday night i'm doing 5 or 6 without d'c..............................party

But how sad you have to celebrate not getting kicked off every 15mins huh....shame on trion

Ryu Soba JP
04-10-2017, 10:17 AM
But how sad you have to celebrate not getting kicked off every 15mins huh....shame on trion

Players keep coming back and don't hold the development team accountable for the horrid stability. I never understood how accepting poor stability became the norm in Defiance. I've read player comments of "you just learn to deal with it". Isn't that a problem? Players shouldn't have to learn to deal with it. Server stability is a huge reason many players moved on. At least it improved some over the weekend for you. I don't think I would be celebrating though.

mitch00uk
04-10-2017, 02:40 PM
Players keep coming back and don't hold the development team accountable for the horrid stability. I never understood how accepting poor stability became the norm in Defiance. I've read player comments of "you just learn to deal with it". Isn't that a problem? Players shouldn't have to learn to deal with it. Server stability is a huge reason many players moved on. At least it improved some over the weekend for you. I don't think I would be celebrating though.

---
I'm afraid people now-a days are far more likely to moan at you for moaning, Then moan at Trion for the bugs not getting fixed.

A lot of users think as you said we should shut up and accept it. I'll never be one of those. NEVER

crasher
04-10-2017, 06:53 PM
---
I'm afraid people now-a days are far more likely to moan at you for moaning, Then moan at Trion for the bugs not getting fixed.

A lot of users think as you said we should shut up and accept it. I'll never be one of those. NEVER

Kinda this:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?256704-Trion-We-re-sorry-for-the-confusion-this-may-have-caused-you.&p=2007156&viewfull=1#post2007156

The reason I play is because it's the only game like this, with this kind of world, and this kind of situation to 'live' in.
The graphics are good.
The ('original') plot was great.
The baseline coding/servers/support for connectivity is suxor.

I came to Defiance for the mayhem.
I come back for the mayhem.
I just wish the mayhem worked.
But they're going to shut the servers off before they 'fix' the deep-down broken stuff in the game.

Ryim
04-10-2017, 07:50 PM
1. Agree, but with a technicality: When crouched, you can Roll/Dodge out of the way which cancels your crouch so you can run. Jumping does the same, but without lateral movement to dodge.

2. 100% agree.

3. 100% agree.

4. Agree that Flashbangs are good to stun for evade, but Bio and even Shrill have their uses too.

5. 100% agree. Even if some of us -can- kill a TL11 mob by ourselves, Focused Fire is a huge tactical use.

6. Mosttly agree. This depends on your build and shields. Using a Syphon build, I can easily stand in front of a single bulwark (since the nerf at least), and take fire from it. I do not recommend this for new players though, heh. But for the majority, good advice.

7. Completely disagree. AoE's are all well and good, but people need to learn how to use them before they use them. Spray-and-pray is just going to get you killed by grabbing you a butt-tonne of agro. Slamming mobs that are grouped and stunned (by flashbangs ^.~ ) is a good tactic. Just lobbing dets into the fray is a tombstone in the making.

I'd like to add::

8) If you have the Syphon Resist perk (Strong Soul iirc), use it. Duh.

Kristine DeBell
04-11-2017, 01:10 AM
Sad about the dc's. Gave up after about an hour or so. Just kept dc'ing after every couple arkfalls. Don't recall it was ever this bad before on pc.

OverDoneOne
04-11-2017, 02:27 AM
I love standing toe to side with a forge but never toe to toe with them. My fav spot is up close to a forge just off to the side and I aim at the upright arm on its back that supports it's launcher, it's a crit spot. Just watch the launcher and the forge closely tho because if it starts turning towards you its time to move.

Now the dang feeders I hate because of the lag they just jump all over the place on me and I have a hard time targeting them. Bulwarks I dance and run circles around them staying ahead of their shots/fire and when a group of them gets the bead on me its time to head to the hills zig zagging my way to cover. Invisible snipers now that's a big problem for everyone as far as I can tell.

Anyways the event arkfalls seem to be doable now since the patch, before they were nothing but frustration for me.

mitch00uk
04-11-2017, 02:39 AM
I love standing toe to side with a forge but never toe to toe with them. My fav spot is up close to a forge just off to the side and I aim at the upright arm on its back that supports it's launcher, it's a crit spot. Just watch the launcher and the forge closely tho because if it starts turning towards you its time to move.

Now the dang feeders I hate because of the lag they just jump all over the place on me and I have a hard time targeting them. Bulwarks I dance and run circles around them staying ahead of their shots/fire and when a group of them gets the bead on me its time to head to the hills zig zagging my way to cover. Invisible snipers now that's a big problem for everyone as far as I can tell.

Anyways the event arkfalls seem to be doable now since the patch, before they were nothing but frustration for me.

lol your game plan sounds just like mine

konstantinov
04-11-2017, 03:04 AM
You can definitely solo TL 11 mobs with ease if you're using the right stuff. I kill myself more with a nuke than mobs kill me.

KevinVonBach
04-11-2017, 05:22 AM
You can definitely solo TL 11 mobs with ease if you're using the right stuff. I kill myself more with a nuke than mobs kill me.

Well, at least that makes for a highly entertaining live stream.

konstantinov
04-11-2017, 05:42 AM

Guaranteed.

crasher
04-11-2017, 09:57 AM
I want to see the DEFI live stream one Friday played from a standard rented hotel room somewhere at least 100 miles from the server farm and TRION offices, with 'toons using normal weapons and loadouts (approx 2000 to 2500 EGO) on a regular account on the open gaming server.
With a regular full gaming population at several random and naturally occurring events.

Contact me, TRION, I'll pay for the hotel room and the beer.
Let me know when.
:)
THAT would make for some highly entertaining live streaming.

No 6000 level.
No Elite weapons.
No feed directly into the server.

Tasin
04-11-2017, 10:21 AM
I want to see the DEFI live stream one Friday played from a standard rented hotel room somewhere at least 100 miles from the server farm and TRION offices, with 'toons using normal weapons and loadouts (approx 2000 to 2500 EGO) on a regular account on the open gaming server.
With a regular full gaming population at several random and naturally occurring events.

Contact me, TRION, I'll pay for the hotel room and the beer.
Let me know when.
:)
THAT would make for some highly entertaining live streaming.

No 6000 level.
No Elite weapons.
No feed directly into the server.

I'd pay Trion devs to try play t60 heaven sent (on a ps3, away from the office) since they say the expeditions are so balanced.